TeTeT

Preview release: Nimitz for Arma3 (0.103)

I should paste that PHP code at respawn moudle expression right? not the F18 init, still not working :( this is what i done

place nimitz and f18

place flight deck module

link with f18

place respawn module

paste your PHP Code at Expression

link with f18

after respawn, it did EngineOff but not LandGear :(

I should paste that PHP code at respawn moudle expression right? not the F18 init, still not working :( this is what i done

place nimitz and f18

place flight deck module

link with f18

place respawn module

paste your PHP Code at Expression

link with f18

after respawn, it did EngineOff but not LandGear :(

Alright well if you give me about 1 hour (just about to go cook some food) I'll create you a custom respawn script

alright well I went ahead and took the Simple Vehicle Respawn Script v1.7 by Tophe and modified it to work with ArmA 3 and to sync with the nimitz carrier for catapult

here

You sir are so kind and dedicated person, I'll try and let you know what will happen, again thanks for this long help for just one person.

[_this,""] call TTT_fnc_syncSimple;

That was exactly what I needed to sync new F-18s to the Flight Deck module. :)

Anyone have a script for respawn markers on the carrier?

It worked perfectly fine, I'm really honorable to being help by you sir, your grateful dedication will not be forgotten and our clan is really appreciate to you, again and again thank you very much sir.

Dang one more problem, can't attach to catapult after respawned in Dedicated server :(

Edited by kgino1045

It worked perfectly fine, I'm really honorable to being help by you sir, your grateful dedication will not be forgotten and our clan is really appreciate to you, again and again thank you very much sir.

Dang one more problem, can't attach to catapult after respawned in Dedicated server :(

Maybe try

for the catapult line

[_unit,""] spawn TTT_fnc_syncCatapult;

or

[[unit,""],"TTT_fnc_syncCatapult",true,true] spawn BIS_FNC_MP;

or

[[unit,""],"TTT_fnc_syncCatapult",true,true] call BIS_FNC_MP;

Maybe try

for the catapult line

[_unit,""] spawn TTT_fnc_syncCatapult;

or

[[unit,""],"TTT_fnc_syncCatapult",true,true] spawn BIS_FNC_MP;

or

[[unit,""],"TTT_fnc_syncCatapult",true,true] call BIS_FNC_MP;

Sorry for long no check

Thanks for your help but it didn't work :(

Hey, I really enjoy using the nimitz on our server.

I'm just wondering...is there SOME way to make a vehicle respawn possible. Right now. The first time they respawn they respawn on the deck with engines on. The rest of the time the spawn right at the botton of the sea.

Any ideas on that?

(and yeah I know that vehicle respawn doesn't work in this version and yeah I know that it has been said that there may be errors on deticated servers. I just try to find a way cuz I really love the nimitz mod)

Is the nimitz still being improved?

I believe there's still supposed to be an update for the interior.

I thought he was working on making the nimitz one model so you don't fall through and get damaged on landings.

I thought he was working on making the nimitz one model so you don't fall through and get damaged on landings.

I thought that was impossible because the max size for a single model in Arma is like 50 x 50 x 50 meters.

The deal with the holes in Nimtz model deck is misaligned GEO lod. If u check sample model of A2 LHD then BI made a clear example how to split the model properly and then build it together with no gaps and units not falling thru it. You can have even a 3 times bigger model, but it has to be remodelled. Nimitz by Jdog is currently split in 4-5 parts, if u remodel it and use 10-12 parts in length, then correctly create relative GEO lods it will work flawlessly [+ PhysX lods as well]

A lot of work but it can be done.

To follow on from John_Spartan's post, the old 50 meter limit can be exceeded, at least for a static object -- take a look at the Arma 2 Destroyer and Fregata -- and Gnat's Fast Sea Frame mod is an example for a moving ship, assuming that it's at 1:1 scale. Also, unlike the LHD all three of their hulls are each a single class config-wise. (The FSF's init.sqf is used to 'dock' the speedboats and attachTo the ladders instead of "parts attaching".)

John_Spartan or Chortles -- do you think anyone will ever take over this mod and update it? It's really sad sitting there in dry-dock, what with Altis having such potential for combined naval-infantry operations. We found that the "gaps" make it too unstable for use on our dedicated server. Maybe the 2015 expansion will include BI-made naval assets. Dare to dream I guess...

As I said on the Armaholic Site for the Nimitz. I still would love to see updates. After I was told, there won't be any I still hope somebody will take over that mod...

Hey guys, i just downloaded the uss nimitz mod and its awesome but i have a question.

When i am in editor and i placed the nimitz, i try to place a few aircraft on the flight deck and in the hangar.

And when i start playing all the aircraft appear under the carrier aswell as me.

Is anyone having this aswell and what can i do About it?

Thanks,

Flyingdutchman

Hey guys, i just downloaded the uss nimitz mod and its awesome but i have a question.

When i am in editor and i placed the nimitz, i try to place a few aircraft on the flight deck and in the hangar.

And when i start playing all the aircraft appear under the carrier aswell as me.

Is anyone having this aswell and what can i do About it?

Thanks,

Flyingdutchman

In the plane/helo you need to change the altitude (or whatever) to something higher about 17 on deck and 15 in hanger I think it says it on the nimitz the hight

Put this in the init of the Vehicle:

Flight Deck:

this setpos [ getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, 17,5]

Hangar:

this setpos [ getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, 15]

Just changing the elevation doesn't work because you need to change the elevation above seelevel!

So i basicly need to adjust the height of the vehicles i place at the nimitz so they're not at sea level?

Yes in the editor when you go over water it automatically sets it to ASL while on land it is ATL.

*cough cough* I F'ed up...sorry...

this setPosASL [getPosASL this select 0, getPosASL this select 1, 17.5]

for the flight deck. Just change the "17.5" to what ever you need. You can see the hight of everything (Hangar, Flightdeck...) on the Nimitz model in the editor. Sorry

*cough cough* I F'ed up...sorry...

this setPosASL [getPosASL this select 0, getPosASL this select 1, 17.5]

for the flight deck. Just change the "17.5" to what ever you need. You can see the hight of everything (Hangar, Flightdeck...) on the Nimitz model in the editor. Sorry

No problem :D.

I am not at home right now but i can try in about 2 hours.

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:02 ----------

And another thing: how can i get the vehicles that tow the aircraft?