TeTeT

Preview release: Nimitz for Arma3 (0.103)

currently

Well, currently not. And possibly not for a while, but it will be updated in the future most likely.

that's a shame, really.

Btw, is there a way to shut down the lights on the deck? I wanted to create a mission where you'd have to deploy from the Nimitz at night, but the deck lights can be seen from far away

As far as I know, there is o easy way to do so ingame. You would have to mess around with configs etc. (if possible at all)

Hey, I got some problems with this mod. Hope to get some help here.

The problem is as following:

I get this message when I try to start up the Top Gun USS Nimitz F18 0.66 mission.

You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloaded content that has been deleted.ttt_nimitzbriefring,

TTT_nimitzFlightDeck,

TTT_nimitzHanger,

TTT_nimitzFuel,

TTT_nimitzflols,

TTT_nimitzelevator?

Please help with this :)

Thanks

Hey, I got some problems with this mod. Hope to get some help here.

The problem is as following:

I get this message when I try to start up the Top Gun USS Nimitz F18 0.66 mission.

You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloaded content that has been deleted.ttt_nimitzbriefring,

TTT_nimitzFlightDeck,

TTT_nimitzHanger,

TTT_nimitzFuel,

TTT_nimitzflols,

TTT_nimitzelevator?

Please help with this :)

Thanks

have that mission on a sever and it is running fine only thing we have is you get kicked out of the F18 some times but thats it there looking in to it

Edited by ICE_AGE0815

Ok, but do you know what "my" issue is? Looks like I´m missing the whole nimitz file, but I don´t!

I have tried to delete the old and download a new one! Didn´t work!

I am trying to have a squad of infantry Get In a helicopter that is on the flight deck but they will not get in the helicopter, they kind of circle around near it. I have tried a 'Get In' waypoint, having them join my group and then ordering them to 'Get In' but it doesn't work. I can move everything to the island and they will get right in. Any ideas how to do this when on the filght deck?

Thanks

I am trying to have a squad of infantry Get In a helicopter that is on the flight deck but they will not get in the helicopter, they kind of circle around near it. I have tried a 'Get In' waypoint, having them join my group and then ordering them to 'Get In' but it doesn't work. I can move everything to the island and they will get right in. Any ideas how to do this when on the filght deck?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure its been like that for AI infantry since A2, I always play my cutscene and then command moveInCargo AI soldiers

I'm pretty sure its been like that for AI infantry since A2, I always play my cutscene and then command moveInCargo AI soldiers

Thanks, that works for me!

I have a question about towing on the Nimitz. How are we able to tow other planes, like the F35 mod? Can we add other vehicles to be able to tow them?

I know I posted this before but this thing is in alpha now, and eventough its a WIP, I think it would be a great addition to the Nimtiz if you could make it work:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?177933-C-RAM-(Counter-Rocket-Artiller

It would be nice to feel like you're taking of from a carrier instead of a giant floating target. To be honest I wouldn't know where these actually go on the Nimitz but I know they have 2 or 3 of them.

Edited by CyclonicTuna

How can i make player to respawn at deck? I use invisible helipad and named it Nimitzspawn and nothing happend i need help, can't under stand with sample mission :(

How do I initiate an F-18 that I have spawned in game? Is there a way to sync/link newly spawned units with modules?

I figured out Nimitz player person respawn.

But still stuck at Vehicle respawn properly, if i just link with plane, it just respawn in side of nimitz and it finally blows up and it goes on infinite, what should i do :( i try sample mission but neither sample mission not working, Help me please :(

I figured out Nimitz player person respawn.

But still stuck at Vehicle respawn properly, if i just link with plane, it just respawn in side of nimitz and it finally blows up and it goes on infinite, what should i do :( i try sample mission but neither sample mission not working, Help me please :(

If you are using the Respawn Module go to expression and place

(_this select 0) setPos [getpos (_this select 0) select 0,getpos (_this select 0) select 1, 18];

this will set it so when the F/A-18 Respawns it will respawn on the deck! change 18 to 15 I think for the hanger

---------- Post added at 17:11 ---------- Previous post was at 17:07 ----------

How do I initiate an F-18 that I have spawned in game? Is there a way to sync/link newly spawned units with modules?

You should be able to find the module under Nimitz and I believe its called Ambient or something like that, just sync the module with the ship and that's it!

Thanks for your kind Help sir, I'll do when i get back home

I try it and it seems not working, it respawn on hight but some how the jet's engines is on from respawn and it bounce, shake, and toward every where so i can't say it's a proper respawn, i really appreciate your help but it seems not working,

maybe if i change height then that could make something different like 18.5 like something, i really really want that jet is respawned properly :(

You should be able to find the module under Nimitz and I believe its called Ambient or something like that, just sync the module with the ship and that's it!

I want to sync dynamically spawned F-18s with the flight deck module though. When I spawn a new F-18 in game it isn't linked to anything so it can't use the catapults on the deck.

I figured out Nimitz player person respawn.(

Are you using a respawn marker? If so how did you set the altitude/height? I'm not having much luck with setMarkerPos, the X and Y are correct but the Z doesn't seem to apply (I still spawn in the water).

When the F18 is respawned, their engine is on and gear is up, what should i do :(

When the F18 is respawned, their engine is on and gear is up, what should i do :(

Hmm well ArmA's respawn will do that, I would probably redirect you to a custom Respawn Script.

or

(_this select 0) setPos [getpos (_this select 0) select 0,getpos (_this select 0) select 1, 18];  (_this select 0) action ["LandGear", (_this select 0)]; (_this select 0) action ["EngineOff",(_this select 0)]; (_this select 0) setVelocity [0,0,0];