TeTeT

Preview release: Nimitz for Arma3 (0.103)

ALIVE has compatibility issues with lots of mods. You'll just have to wait it out and see if someone decides to do anything about it.

Thanks, i had asked for the ALIVE team, and he/they said me that i have to ask to the creator of the Nimitz mod.

Hey guys, are there any clans/units that play around with carrier operation in multiplayer? Would love to get in on that.

Hey guys, are there any clans/units that play around with carrier operation in multiplayer? Would love to get in on that.

Until the bugs with falling through the ground and such are fixed my clan will not be using it.

I have not found a way to prevent the 'cracks' between the different parts of the carrier from being present. I tried to put the geometry models all in one LOD, but the game engine didn't like that and you fell through the carrier right away. If anyone has an interesting idea to solve this, please get in touch. Until that I recommend to use something like the 'rescue' module, which teleports a player that fell through the cracks back to the carrier. It's just a work around, but better than swimming to the shore...

Hello TeTeT,

First of all thank you for taking on this huge project. I have a few question. Are you planing to port the Nimitz crew and tow vehicle to Arma 3? How close are you from fixing the bug that damage the vehicles on board?

Thank you Sir.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

@ elcabronazo ---- I was having the same issue. I just linked it to the module responsible for alive so that alive can not affect the Nimitz.

Are you planing to port the Nimitz crew and tow vehicle to Arma 3?
BloodoftheScribe has already put out a FUTARM Maritime Units Pack for the former purpose, while Peral's doing up the towing tractor (hopefully as a separate download from the A-10C mod) for the latter purpose.

Is it possible to make some overlaps on the nimitz to cover the cracks up? or would this just interfere with the everything else?

Is it possible to make some overlaps on the nimitz to cover the cracks up? or would this just interfere with the everything else?

I believe that the problem lies with the fact that the RV engine doesn't allow for static objects larger than a certain size. So the Nimitz needs to be build out of several big blocks. And in order to avoid glitches and preformance issues, the blocks are made as big as possible. So the question is really. Would it be wiser to create more smaller blocks that fit together better and perhaps sacrifice some preformance.

Hello TeTeT,

First of all thank you for taking on this huge project. I have a few question. Are you planing to port the Nimitz crew and tow vehicle to Arma 3? How close are you from fixing the bug that damage the vehicles on board?

Thank you Sir.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

@ elcabronazo ---- I was having the same issue. I just linked it to the module responsible for alive so that alive can not affect the Nimitz.

ok, thanks I'm going to try that :)

^ yes for ALiVE to work with the Nimitz you need to make sure that it is not being profiled by ALiVE. This is done using the Profiles module - set it to NOT profile synced units then sync the Nimitz object with it.

I have not used the Nimitz in a while so it may be that recent A3/ALive updates might break this functionality. If you still can't make it work I suggest posting back in the ALiVE thread or PM me with more details.

Hello, I can not seem to bring up the zodiac and put it with water.

could someone help me?

thank you very much

Hello, I can not seem to bring up the zodiac and put it with water.

could someone help me?

thank you very much

Try the sample mission my friend. maybe that will help you out/

Try the sample mission my friend. maybe that will help you out/

Thank you for your reply. I just tested with a friend and I have no options but the blue he got it. I can not understand

Edit: We just respawn and now it happens or more :(

BloodoftheScribe has already put out a FUTARM Maritime Units Pack for the former purpose, while Peral's doing up the towing tractor (hopefully as a separate download from the A-10C mod) for the latter purpose.

Im doing a highpoly MD-3 (A/S32A-31A) tow tractor [with starting unti & without] at the moment and will do a A/S32A-32 afterwards. I plan to do a russian tow tractor too....

I allready offered some work to the op but he never answered.

I make/made this vehicles solely for my helicopter mod but since there are many other mods which could use the vehicles i would be glad to help out there with a release for the tow-vehicles seperate from my helicopter mod.

When anyone wants to help/share/ask or whatever.....just ask :)

Since most people dont even say "no" anymore, i dont ask any other modcreators if they could use some stuff from myself, but i would be glad to help Peral, Tetet or anyone else out....

Sharing and caring.

Edited by zelectec

Im doing a highpoly MD-3 (A/S32A-31A) tow tractor [with starting unti & without] at the moment and will do a A/S32A-32 afterwards. I plan to do a russian tow tractor too....

I allready offered some work to the op but he never answered.

I make/made this vehicles solely for my helicopter mod but since there are many other mods which could use the vehicles i would be glad to help out there with a release for the tow-vehicles seperate from my helicopter mod.

When anyone wants to help/share/ask or whatever.....just ask :)

Since most people dont even say "no" anymore, i dont ask any other modcreators if they could use some stuff from myself, but i would be glad to help Peral, Tetet or anyone else out....

Sharing and caring.

Owww that would be great addition to this addon!

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Thank you for your reply. I just tested with a friend and I have no options but the blue he got it. I can not understand

Edit: We just respawn and now it happens or more :(

Yes Rius, there are still lots of problems with the Nimits. I will take a look at it today, last time i tried it did work. I will let you know.

Have you ever thought about adding a Gerald R Ford class aircraft carrier into the mod? Since it's going to be the US Aircraft carrier going into the future would fit nicely into 2035 setting, I'm sure you could use most of the systems from Nimitz on it as well.

Have you ever thought about adding a Gerald R Ford class aircraft carrier into the mod? Since it's going to be the US Aircraft carrier going into the future would fit nicely into 2035 setting, I'm sure you could use most of the systems from Nimitz on it as well.

Is that still a thing? I thought those plans were scrapped.

I suggested the same thing a while ago, but it seems like TeTeT will only be working on the Nimitz for now. Indeed, all it needs is a few changes - tower/island moved to starboard rear quarter, 1 less elevator and a hangar bay divided into 2.

Our you still working on "finishing" the Nimitz, textures and so on? We're planing on using it as a Base of Operations in our next campaign.

Do you still spawn in the water, even though using the module, we had that problem some time ago. Do admit i havent testet it since?

@kennyleif, currently I do not work on the Nimitz. There's of course still plenty to do.