TeTeT

Preview release: Nimitz for Arma3 (0.103)

Just found - map in " briefing area " do not present (Chernarus).

For some reason I don't have any towing tractors, are they under a different name?

Different mod

Loving the carrier, except I'm having issues with the catapult system. I'm using a mix of Firewill's F-14s and JS&S F/A-18Xs, both work perfectly when using the multiplayer editor, and hosting it off of my pc (they can make arrested landing and catapult launches flawlessly)

However, when I put it onto a dedi server with the same mods running, the catapult system refuses to work, which then causes us to use the afterburner to launch ourselves manually off the deck, which is dangerous and can easily get newbies killed. I've not found a workaround yet, and no amount of syncing to modules in the editor seems to fix it. 

However, the arresting system, IFLOLS and plane inspection works flawlessly, just not the cat system. Weird. Any thoughts?

Hey i tried the Carrier ops mission on dedicated today and mission dont want to fire up and it is giving me this error.

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

jdg_carrier_fake_veh

Do you mybe know what is the issue?

Yup, your comp is outrunnibng your game.   When I start Arma 3, the news mods and other tabs come up first, once this is up, wait anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds, then click on Play , for some reason mine does the same, but if I wait the 10 to 30 seconds,  (just give it 30 seconds)  and then play,  All addond/missions load up just fine !

Hope this helps you out a bit, it took me about 2 days of reading to find out my computer is outrunning my game :P

Yup, your comp is outrunnibng your game.   When I start Arma 3, the news mods and other tabs come up first, once this is up, wait anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds, then click on Play , for some reason mine does the same, but if I wait the 10 to 30 seconds,  (just give it 30 seconds)  and then play,  All addond/missions load up just fine !

Hope this helps you out a bit, it took me about 2 days of reading to find out my computer is outrunning my game :P

Nope.Still same error. I left a comment to mission maker also i would like to see where is the mistake so i can fix it and play with nimitz :D

jaidendude, which version are you using? The latest should be 0.95 alpha, with support for Eden editor. We tested the Nimtz on multiplayer before release and found the catapult system to  be working (minus the steam effect). If you run other mods on the dedicated server, can you try to remove them but for the Nimitz capable planes and see if the effect goes away? If that doesn't help, try to add this to the init line of a plane:

[this, ObjNull] call ttt_fnc_syncCatapult;

DJankovic, I saw this error too, but it was infrequent and I thought it was a setup problem on my server. Is it by chance a Linux dedicated server you're running? If so try to delete the jdg_carrier_fake_veh for a test and see if it works then (on both, server and participating clients). The fake vehicle is merely providing engine sounds, and those seem to be broken with 1.56 anyway. But coming to your actual question: No, I have no idea what is causing it. When I encountered it I was surprised.

redman7g7, thanks for the info, though I really hope that waiting is not needed to get arma running smoothly.

It is not Linux server it is one from steam Arma 3 Servers,I set my PC to be dedi when I need it. But I am fine now when I know it is not only me :) 
One thing that i noticed is JDG__carrier_fake_veh.pbo   JDG is capital letters,but in server error it is showing it in like jdg_carrier... now idk could those letters cause some issues mybe?

Great work on Nimitz so far!

Have a specific question: the CUP mod has a Navy flight crew which I currently use instead of the Maritime unit pack. Was wondering if it's possible in some way to switch the shooter guy during the catapult launch to a specific unit instead of default given i'm not using Maritime?

The catapult animation the shooter guy uses, was that custom made?  If so do you have any plans on including more animations like that? I know you don't create units with this mod but I think it would be cool with more hand signals for the Flight Crew.  :)

Keep up the good work!

druminator, currently the only crews supported are flight deck crew, futarm maritime and vanilla. Would be nice to have them fully customizable, let me think of how to achieve that.

The catapult animation was done by JDog, noone on the current team has the knowledge to create such animations any more, I'm afraid.

You should make it combatable with cup for the units

You should make it combatable with cup for the units

what do you mean compatible .... can you NOT use Cup units when using this mod??  i certainly hope you DONT mean making it dependent on CUP UNITS... because my 2 cents... F'That...

what do you mean compatible .... can you NOT use Cup units when using this mod??  i certainly hope you DONT mean making it dependent on CUP UNITS... because my 2 cents... F'That...

What I think he means is compatible like Futarm Maritime units and deck crew, meaning that if you have that mod loaded, the Vanilla crew/shooter are replaced by the LHD crew of CUP. I don't think he's asking to make it dependable on CUP.

Am I right in thinking that while SS7 was closed down that the Nimitz is still in production?

Actually, it seems NIMITZ isn´t compactible with CUP right now... if I try to load ANY mission featuring the NIMITZ, with CUP on, Arma3 crashes indoubtly... =( (could it be some issue with LHD????)

i would say, wait a little. chairborne said on twitter that a cup update is inbound. maybe that would change things.

I'm aware :) all the more reason to investigate now in case it is a bug in CUP in which case i have time to push a fix for it before the update.

• Like 2

Hi there, I'm having a problem where I have made a mission on my PC with the Nimitz but yet when I load it onto my dedi and try to run it. The server gives me an error: "JDG_carrier_spawner no longer exists" and it wont lauch the server. I've checked both my mods and the mods on my dedi and neither have any file called that, I have also re downloaded it but that hasn't fixed it. Please help me fix this

Thanks

-Neil.

Neil, my guess is that the Nimitz mod is not loaded on your dedicated server. What mod line do you use to load the Nimitz mod? If you're on Linux, make sure to lowercase the PBOs before loading.

I'm currently testing this on Sahrani. Player respawns seems to work if you use a respawn menu. Vehicle respawns however seem to be a huge issue with crashing into my flight deck despite using setPosASL on my vehicle respawner. I tried the to host my mission with TADST, but I  I seems to have issues running my PBO to where it crashes my dedicated server. However, I can host it through the in game browser. I don't know if it's CUP causing the issue, or the Nimitz.

• Update. I found a way to create player respawns on the hanger and flight deck by using the default respawn modules in the Eden editor (because markers only use 2D referencing, using the respawn module instead allows for the Z placement of respawns) and adding this to my description.ext

respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition"};