Sign in to follow this  
Adrian87

Need help with Got Wasteland 2.3 scripting and editing

Hey everyone,

Me and my friend have a GoT wasteland 2.3 server and we have tweaked it a bit. It has independents only and you only start with a pistol and backpack and a medkit. We want to find a mod where we could have base save when the server restarts. Also we want to change the class name from Light infantry in the lobbu menu. So far we have no idea on how to edit this. All we want to do is edit the pbo a little.

anyone help would be very much appreicated.

Simple. Edit the unit's description, the description is the name of the unit.;)

By the way, i cant extract the wasteland and i was wondering you can give me a link to it?

you cant extract the Wasteland PBO?

Where do I edit the units name? in the Mission.sqm? or i dunno

---------- Post added at 01:25 ---------- Previous post was at 00:37 ----------

Well I tried to rename the unit in the in game editor and i am about to try that out. I hope thats what you mean?

when you create a unit on the editor map, you will get a pop up that contains all the information of the unit, thats also where you can set it as playable, player or AI. Now, in the pop-up, there is a description box below the init, just simply call it anything you like in the description, and that will be the name of it.

Also, yes, I cant extract the wasteland and i need the extraction because im expecting to release a mission in a few weeks that involves one of its scripts and textures. So please create a link or something of the extracted mission.

Use PBO Manager 1.4 beta to open mod PBO's

Edit the mission.sqm

class Item0

{

position[]={15086.484,18.01,16653.346};

id=0;

side="GUER";

vehicle="I_soldier_F";

player="PLAYER COMMANDER";

leader=1;

skill=1;

text="Indy 1";

};

Just edit this part of the class.

To edit player loadout edit the playerSetup.sqf in \client\functions directory =)