Sign in to follow this  
thetrooper

Editor Undo button!

Arma3 requires an undo button in editor.

Everyone wants an undo button in life. In the tech world can't live without it.

Arma Requires one! Driving me nuts.

To be honest I doubt it will ever happen. Except the cosmetic change the editor didn't really evolve since OFP (+10 years). Some object state aren't sill even copied when you and copy paste a selection (eg : the playable state of a unit). Remember some people are still waiting for the 3D editor.

Edited by L etranger

An "undo" feature would be nice, but the editor may not be capable of storing history. Not much has changed with the fundamental capabilities of the editor since 2001. Making duplicates of your mission.sqf is good practice, but I go further than that and have Windows back-up the Documents folder, so I automatically have previous versions of the file by date and time. Sometimes I get carried away with the direction of a mission and end up trashing the entire design, so falling back to the Back-Up has helped in the past.

Yep, agreed. I just made a complete cock up, with no previous version saved. Moron me

Arma3 requires an undo button in editor.

Everyone wants an undo button in life. In the tech world can't live without it.

Arma Requires one! Driving me nuts.

Operation Flashpoint: No undo function

Arma: No undo function

Arma 2: No undo function

Arma 3: No undo function

Are you starting to see a pattern yet? In other words, it's not gonna happen. The only thing about the editor that has changed in 10+ years is the GUI.

Trying to make backups can be problematic, I often try to click "save as" but accidentally click "save", and lose all my working stuff :) a system that has no undo should really check to see if you wish to overwrite.

Also, "save as" would be much more useful if it actually saved everything, not just the mission .sqm file.

CTRL+Z One of the most basic combinations in almost every piece of work software. Yes we need this.

I am still horrible at the editor and this is exactly what I stumbled upon the other day, undo function. Would no doubt be helpful to newcomers as well. A good suggestion!