Sign in to follow this  
da-boyz

ArmA 3 civilian module

So I have the lastest ArmA III game. Not the Alpha or the Beta. And I've looked for how to put civilians in cities without having to manually place every single one. Usally there's a module called Civilian Settlement. But there isn't any. There was in the Alpha I know, but not in the final game. There isn't even a group for civilians. Is there one and I can't find it or did they remove it?

It was removed in beta. TPW has a mod for civilians though. Might check that out.

I saw it it in a Youtube clip so know it was there. Why remove it? They have atleast modules for placing militarygroups. .

I heard about some bugs, but i'd really appreciate that module. Was simple and great in Arma 2, like the vehicle spawn module. I don't need a full civil life simulation, just some dudes wandering around when the player is close. That way cities wouldn't look like ghost towns...

I recommend checking out the TPW civilian mods as someone else had suggested. I've been using it for testing and so far it seems to work great.

+1 to that - We need a working civilian module for MP esp Dedi servers !

Already working on it.

I just want to give it a bit more polish before I get it out in the open – I want them to behave at a bit more believable.

If someone is interested in testing/commenting on what I currently have, drop me a pm.

Already working on it.

Great! Looking forward to that one. :)

Does any know if Bohemia is working on this module or going to release it again?

I was found of the Civilian module back in Alpha, added a nice touch with people walking around and/or driving around in the streets.

So it would be really nice if BI could add it back again, this is a military game that are going for realism, but you can't have realism without adding the civilian aspect in an area of operation. (Red card and so on)

Worried over performance issue? Add a simulation manager that disables it before you enter the area, and you're set.

I'm sure they will bring the Civi Module back, just a matter of time. TPW mod does a great job though