Sign in to follow this  
Sheepdog

Why is there no bipod/foregrip attachment

Just curious as I don't understand why there is no bipod. Personally I think foregrips should be optional just like the sights each offering their own advantage/disadvantage. Would have loved to see something like this in a3, maybe a future mod??

Just curious as I don't understand why there is no bipod. Personally I think foregrips should be optional just like the sights each offering their own advantage/disadvantage. Would have loved to see something like this in a3, maybe a future mod??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-_WsOL0pOQ&feature=youtu.be

Its coming. Also TMR, and VTS weprest. If only the actual Bis models where actually true/straight.

Edited by kklownboy

That model is great, well done indeed. I love using the weprest mods so it would be nice to have this as an actual attachment! Unfortunately, the other problem with having a modded solution, is that it limits what servers you can join.

That model is great, well done indeed. I love using the weprest mods so it would be nice to have this as an actual attachment! Unfortunately, the other problem with having a modded solution, is that it limits what servers you can join.
So? Who cares about other servers? I only play with mods and only play on PW servers. There are plenty to play on. Turn off or on the mods you need to get on. If a player cant figure that out then I sure dont want to play with him... If and when Bis throws out a restkey option, I will still use TMR and various Bipod models cause there better. Vanilla Public servers have there place, To percolate out players that want a better A3 experience and that is only on privates.That takes some effort from the player which is the first action a new player needs to do get on better servers.

The bipod model AMS agent is refering to it's about the early stage of the Alpha, were the bipod ( attached to the MX SW) was static and in deployed position. After that community complained a lot about the missing bipods/weapons reasting feature BIS thought it was better to make it folded back on the model.

I'm quite disappointed however, because community it's complaining and requesting this feature from long time before the Alpha release of the game. Also because technically that shouldn't be that hard make a decent weapon resting feature in a game (ok, myself couldn't do that, indeed, but they are the developers).

Adding it would make the Community super Happy and would let them forget for a second about the others f-load of bugs and missing features.

At the moment the attachments system in Arma it's just bad. You don't have the slots right now to add also the bipods & foregrip. That would mean also rework the gear system (that wouldn't be a bad idea at all, since I personally don't like it)

So at the end, yes, they should do something for that and I really hope they will. But I'm more then sure they wont do anything about it

Really prefer BIS remove all bipods from weapons. Any attachments for that matter. I'd be happy to model different bipods for the MG's/Sniper rifles or whatever. But really would like to get the nonfunctional stuff out of the way. Or give us some clever way of hiding proxies or something. And I'll not get into the whole attachment system in general, just yet.