tonic-_-

Virtual Vehicle Spawner (VVS)

while pvp multiplayer, where to define side types of objects to spawn?

_sideName = switch ((_cfgInfo select 5)) do {case 0: {"EAST"}; case 1: {"WEST"}; case 2: {"GUER"}; case 3: {"CIV"}; default {"UNKNOWN"}};
this addAction["Virtual Vehicle Spawner",VVS_fnc_openVVS,["VVS_all_1","all"]];

say we want all content form east, west, guer and civ to be separated to only be provided for each faction at different locations?

Edited by Logitrust

Can I not specify and create my own array name as I have here, or must i work within the arrays provided only?

Dark, were you ever able to get this to work? I was trying to get the same thing to work with no luck as well. I'd like to have different points spawn specific vehicles. I can set up the array myself and reference in the addaction call, but I get a "There was an error and no vehicles could be fetched!" hint.

Reading the config, I _think_ you need to set VVS_Premade_List to true, but even with that I get the error.

Secondary question. Has anyone figured out a way to set a time limit on how often vehicles can be spawned? Or maybe some sort of finite numbers of each type?

Edited by Meatball

Dark, were you ever able to get this to work? I was trying to get the same thing to work with no luck as well. I'd like to have different points spawn specific vehicles. I can set up the array myself and reference in the addaction call, but I get a "There was an error and no vehicles could be fetched!" hint.

Reading the config, I _think_ you need to set VVS_Premade_List to true, but even with that I get the error.

Secondary question. Has anyone figured out a way to set a time limit on how often vehicles can be spawned? Or maybe some sort of finite numbers of each type?

For the first part try what I did here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?166602-Virtual-Vehicle-Spawner-(VVS)&p=2633050&viewfull=1#post2633050

For the second it should be as simple as including a _counter with an if/else before the body of the script runs. You could even use different counters for different vehicle types.

I posted this over at Armaholic also but I thought I might get a quicker response in this thread. My question is this:

I am trying to use the VVS script to spawn vehicles with VAS installed on them. I have added the following code to the fn_spawnVehicle.sqf file:

_vehicle addAction["<t color=#ff1111'>Virtual Ammobox</t>", "VAS\open.sqf];

This was added directly underneath the following line in the script:

_vehicle setDir _direction; //Set the vehicles direction the same as the marker

This works fine if I play the game alone. However, when I play with friends, only the person who spawned the vehicle has access to the VAS system. All other players can not see it.

Anyone know how to fix this? I want to play it on a dedicated server if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

init= this addAction[""<t color=#ff1111'>Virtual Ammobox</t>"", ""VAS\open.sqf"];

and add

class CfgFunctions

{

#include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"

};

in your description.ext

I use the above for what I do works perfect , hope it helps

also I noticed you are missing some ""

also if im correct _(UNDERSCOR IS LOCAL) .

Edited by Dr Death JM

Unfortunately that code did not work in the fn_spawnVehicle.sqf unless I am maybe putting it in the wrong place. However, I think you might be telling me to put that in the vehicles init. I can't do that because the vehicle is being spawned on the fly by the virtual vehicle spawner. Therefore there is no init in the editor to work with.

I think I have to do something with BIS_fnc_MP to make the addaction global but that is above my very basic scripting skillset. Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks!

Earlier in the thread Tonic posted this, might help?

This should work just fine, edit fn_spawnVehicle.sqf and under _vehicle setDir _direction; add this line:

[[[_vehicle],"IgiLoad\IgiLoad.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",TRUE,TRUE] call BIS_fnc_MP;

I may add auto-detection support for this in the future but will wait till the system is more developed.

Please let us know if it does...

Earlier in the thread Tonic posted this, might help?

Please let us know if it does...

I think you are right. I actually saw that and have tried playing around with it. However, I dont think I am getting the syntax right. Does anyone know how to adjust that to work with an addaction? Like I said, my scripting skills are very weak. Thanks!

ill try to help out later too, Im watching movies with kids. Im new to scripting also, I know a lot of nonsence....

Edited by Dr Death JM
failed

loving the ease of this, but in A2 i never actually used UAV stuff etc,

have put down an "autonomous" vendor, everything spawns fine but how/what i do have to do to connect to it, i have tried carry a uav thing, i am also using VAS. so i am not sure about the F2 linking stuff like in A2 when you had to do all that terminal group stuff...never got it then, hence why i never used, i think it is time i learn this please help.

Nevermind i really was just being dumb, it didnt want to connect first time, worked perfectly after posting this...d'uh

Edited by t0et0e

Hi Guys, i hope you all doing well. I need help in combining 2 scripts in 1 which are VAS and VVS, please keep in mind im not using VAS in VVS vehicles i want to use them separately. All i want to know is how can i put this script in order to make it work:

#include "VAS\menu.hpp" =
#include "VVS\menu.h"

class CfgFunctions
{
#include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp" =
#include "VVS\Functions.h"

};

However i dont get any error but not sure why VVS only not working, also i'm using only 1 VVS spawning location atm, no sure if i have to use all 5 (Air, Car, Armored, Ship & All).

Kind request: please do not criticize me im not GOOD in scripting like 99% of you guys :)

Kind Regards

Edited by armaman1

Now to make it possible to spawn a vehicle with a custom weapon loadout.

^ mentioned a few pages back

This should work just fine, edit fn_spawnVehicle.sqf and under _vehicle setDir _direction; add this line:

[[[_vehicle],"loadout_script.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",TRUE,TRUE] call BIS_fnc_MP;

Is it possible to do this so it applies to only particular types of vehicle? For example, to only apply the VAS script to the truck, but not to all vehicles? Any ideas?

Tonic, we're having an issue where the VVS did the following:

1) Spawned certain 3rd party mod aircraft above the terrain by about a meter or so.

2) When people use the spawner, and someone JIPs, the JIP player sees all the vehicles that have been spawned stacked into/onto each other. When they attempt to spawn a vehicle it then results in a fiery explosion.

3) Would it be possible to have a SIDE filter? Or be able to restrict the VVS to show only vehicles of WEST/EAST/etc side via editor?

4) Wrecks - is it possible to have the VVS detect and clear any wrecks on the location of where a vehicle spawns?

I apologize of this has been already discussed or brought up.

Is it also possible to have the VVS read any vehicle inheriting the class vehicle/air/etc to make it more 3rd party mod compatible?

^ mentioned a few pages back

[[[_vehicle],"loadout_script.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",TRUE,TRUE] call BIS_fnc_MP;

OK i looked everywhere could not find the post that mentioned this. Could you link the loadout.sqf or do I need to make it myself

I have tried installing this, but I get the choice to select VVS from my crate, but not menu or anything comes up. I have a container with add action in it and a marker on runway for testing purpose. I cannot get this to work. Help?

Edited

I have got it to work, but still need the load out.sqf if anyone has one handy.

Edited by mech79

Hey guys,

the German BWMod comes with a Leopard and a Puma tank, but they don't show up in the VVS list. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Edit 1: More information regarding this: They use separate Vehicle Classes (BWA3_VehClass_Tracked_Fleck and BWA3_VehClass_Tracked_Tropen). How can I make them work with your script?

Edit 2: Okay, I fixed this. This is quite confusing since some mods use different vehicle classes. Would it be possible to put different classes into one filter? For example to see BWA3_VehClass_Tracked_Tropen inside the armored filter?

Edited by der_eismann

[[[_vehicle],"IgiLoad\IgiLoad.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",TRUE,TRUE] call BIS_fnc_MP;

So I am trying to add something similar to the init line of spawned vehicles (trying to add the CCIP script to planes).

However, I cannot get the script to work by using the BIS_fnc_MP thingy above; it just does not load for the planes at all. Does anyone have any ideas how I might make it work? The script works fine on editor-placed planes, so it's obviously me missing something in how to get the VVS to spawn it correctly.

The CCIP script is called by adding this to the init of the vehicle:

handle = this execVM "jonimake_ccip\jonimake_ccip.sqf"

so I have attempted to add the following to the fn_spawnVehicle.sqf:

[[[_vehicle],"jonimake_ccip\jonimake_ccip.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",TRUE,TRUE] call BIS_fnc_MP;

Obviously I am missing something in what this does - I am pretty new to all of this - could anybody point me in the right direction?

Hey, did someone found a way to add custom unit categories ?

It's wokring perfectly fine with modded unit placed inside Air/Armored... , but for example RichardsD vehicles are listed in an independent category so they are not listed by VVS .

Tried to tweak fn_buildCfg wich is listing it but couldn't get it to work .

Thanks

EDIT : Someone found the answer on the 4th page of this thread, i should have searched more sorry .

Edited by vinceXD

I still dont know how to spawn modded vehicles in the vss can someone help me ?

Error in file: fn_buildCfg.sqf line 30 to 34.

//Skim over and make sure VVS_x isn't built for a pre-made vehicle list.
if(count VVS_Car > 0) then {VVS_pre_Car = VVS_Car;};
if(count VVS_Air > 0) then {VVS_pre_Car = VVS_Air;};
if(count VVS_Ship > 0) then {VVS_pre_Car = VVS_Ship;};
if(count VVS_Submarine > 0) then {VVS_pre_Car = VVS_Submarine;};
if(count VVS_Armored > 0) then {VVS_pre_Car = VVS_Armored;};
if(count VVS_Autonomous > 0) then {VVS_pre_Autonomous = VVS_Autonomous;};
if(count VVS_Support > 0) then {VVS_pre_Support = VVS_Support;};

Wrong variables used for categories: Air, Ship, Submarine, Armored.

What happens in game?

Tanks files in under Car as category and the rest of the vehicles are not in the list.

have an issue with spawning ships.

here is what I have. Everything else loads fine. I have the setup just like the other 3 but when I try to spawn it says error fetching vehicles and empty box. Ideas?

BASE_AirTransport = [

"B_Heli_Light_01_F",

"I_Heli_light_03_unarmed_F",

"B_Heli_Transport_01_F",

"B_Heli_Transport_01_camo_F",

"I_Heli_Transport_02_F"

];

BASE_AirCAS = [

"B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F",

"I_Heli_light_03_F",

"B_Heli_Attack_01_F",

"B_Plane_CAS_01_F"