tonic-_-

Virtual Vehicle Spawner (VVS)

Good bye forums

Edited by Tonic-_-

Nice!!! Thanks! :)

Dirty Haz

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Dammit another drug!!

Great idea - suggestions before even downloading it:

1- hook it into VAS at some point so not only can we spawn a vehicle but customize it's loadout?

2- options to customize look of vehicle like you mentioned - diff textures, etc

You can create as many VVS vendors / spawn points as you want and each one giving out a set of vehicle types.

Well done!! Have you considered doing the same for VAS? ie: ability to have different VAS boxes with diff content (or is that not possible?).

Thanks for all your hard work :yay:

Excellent work. Only thing that i noticed was the lack of ability to spawn UAVs/UGVs. Was that on purpose or a simple over sight?

It was sort of on purpose. UAV/UGV's require a special method to actually spawn them in and make them actual drones and I wasn't going to go through the time to do it.

It was sort of on purpose. UAV/UGV's require a special method to actually spawn them in and make them actual drones and I wasn't going to go through the time to do it.

ahh i see. dang i could have really used that. Our unit uses UAVs/UGVs alot. :(

Awesome. I was looking thinking of something similar but with modular restrictions.

Modular suggestions that can be used in a mission parameter:

Return dynamic list of vehicles by armed/unarmed. Say I wanted WEST players to have WEST helicopters but only the ones without guns. Same for cars. Ifrits without guns etc. Could that be even defined further and say I wanted a specific weapons system?

The reason I suggest this dynamically is that when a mission is changed or vehicles are renamed/added the mission maker doesn't have to redefine/edit the missions 'allowed vehicles' array.

Permission to use some of these concepts for a similar support call system and edit(massage) in order to work with an older mission?

Also a delete vehicle button to remove unwanted vehicles that were inadvertently created. (nvm, I can see you are removing/replacing them. But I suppose a 'clear' button would work too)

BUG:

Spawn a MH-49 then spawn a Ifrit and watch the boom. Needs a delay after removing the previous vehicle.

Edited by PITN
add bug, grammer, thoughts etc.

Off record notes[/b]:

Please supply feedback on this' date=' I wanted to add more customization options for vehicles like setting skins/textures, removing doors on things like offroad and some more but I sort of made this in less then 4-5 hours just to test Multi-column listboxes. The GUI it's self is subjected to change in the future if people show interest in having those types of features.

[/quote']

I had the same idea and eventually I stumbled across this a few weeks ago. It's a customization GUI from TKOH.

is there a way to use this on the Nimitz? the spawnheight has to be something like 17.5

Thank you, I found it.

I, quite often, see the vehicle I spawn getting destroyed the moment it spawns. note that this happends when a vehicle spawns on LAND, without any height changing (so no code added)

any idea what this could be? it mostly happends with the littlebirds and the east transport helo.

It's collision problems with using createVehicle by default. Adjustments will be in the next version.

Tonic one suggestion i have if not already there is to add a config so that only certain player can use the scripts... sort of like an admin tool to spawn vehicles for server use

is there a way to , like the VAS do , have the vehicle from the mods spawnable ?

I tried this with massi add on but I can't see his vehicles , while in the VAS I can see his custom uniforms .

is there a way to , like the VAS do , have the vehicle from the mods spawnable ?

I tried this with massi add on but I can't see his vehicles , while in the VAS I can see his custom uniforms .

I follow BIS configs, if addon makers don't follow the BIS format then I can't be bothered to adjust because if they don't follow it then more then likely it's put in some obscured way that would require way to much work to do. I can take a look but more then likely they probably don't follow the CfgVehicles standard class for Cars, Boats, Air, etc.

I follow BIS configs, if addon makers don't follow the BIS format then I can't be bothered to adjust because if they don't follow it then more then likely it's put in some obscured way that would require way to much work to do. I can take a look but more then likely they probably don't follow the CfgVehicles standard class for Cars, Boats, Air, etc.

ah ok thanks , no problem , was just for informing you .

in particular this was the mod :

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19131#comments

I have not tried your VVS with other mods yet .

Love the VVS ! keep up the good work

UPDATE: v0.2

Change log:

Added: Support for Autonomous vehicles and 'Support' Vehicles i.e Hemt Ammo

Fixed: Some vehicles such as helicopters shouldn't explode when being spawned.

Download:

Virtual Vehicle Spawner v0.2

Thanks for sending us the updated release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Found a bug, if I spawn a chopper and suddenly disconnect. I reconnect and the chopper is actually placed where I spawned it originally not where I left it, but I can't get in it. I can't destroy even using "deleteVehicle cursorTarget" in the admin console on the server. If blow it up using satchels it instantly respawns itself.

Found a bug, if I spawn a chopper and suddenly disconnect. I reconnect and the chopper is actually placed where I spawned it originally not where I left it, but I can't get in it. I can't destroy even using "deleteVehicle cursorTarget" in the admin console on the server. If blow it up using satchels it instantly respawns itself.

That sounds ARMA related. This new patch seems glitchy as hell.

hi, Im getting an error saying " "script functions/control/fn_respawn_button.sqf" not found

Hi!

Thanks for an awesome script. I'm trying to use it in one of my first missions and it aaaaalmost works perfectly. However, I do get an error message that is close:able and after its closed I'm able to spawn vehicles like I'm supposed to;

No entry '<path to documents\arma 3\missions\test01.Altis\description.ext/VVS_Menu/controls/vehicleListNew.ListScrollBar'.

Do notice the change from backslash to forwardslash.

I've been trying to look through the files but since I'm quite the noob I can't see something wrong or missing.

Google returns me pretty much nothing, anyone got any hints for me? :)

You'll need to change scrollBar class to listScrollBar. It's a change from the last update.