Sign in to follow this  
fabio_chavez

appeal to serveradmins: stop killing pvp, stop killing the game!

maybe we need a subforum about things you dont see.

Do you care to enlighten me as to the things that I don't see that would justify a PvP subforum rather than posting in the multiplayer subforum?

lag compensation just one example.

How is that an exploit? Sure it can be annoying but a dude with 20 ms ping destroying a guy with 60-70 in every single encounter is a much bigger unfairness. It's not like you have a choice if your internet is not on optic fiber.

What I really ment was that those other games are unplayable IMO in Mp and all the frustrations I have with them just don't exist in Arma, so I can tolerate a glitch or two.

So clipping your Lynx through a half a meter thick wall and blasting a guy behind it is just a glitch but lag compensation is a big deal? Same goes for one man armies still running around and BIS doing literally nothing to fix that.

FYI ArmA had lag compensation since OFP and still does.

Btw, you shoot from your eyes in BF, yes really, almost as bad as clipping through the wall, and it won't ever be fixed, broken by design you see.

Yep, head glitches are a legit complaint. That doesn't mean you should cut BIS a slack for allowing exploits in their game.

Edited by metalcraze

ah sorry, yes, its my fault, you are right :)

seriously join a clan and you'll have enough about PvP, the best PvP matches are organized between clans and communities in private servers (this also means no casual tk players, no hackers/cheaters), and the possibility to play a very exciting gaming experience, with discipline and organization, once you try you'll never coming back

As has been mentioned, in Arma 2 I really enjoyed project reality. Does anybody know if those guys are planning to remake that mod onto Arma 3.

I agree with the sentiment that really BIS should make a version of PR as an official game type. I read they plan a revamp of squad management to make it more useful. At the moment you pick a slot on a server and join, with little hope of finding people in your squad, or finding a squad that is actually working together. It is a shame as this type of teamwork and coordination is really when Amra shines, and BIS a really missing a trick here.

I'm actually loving the coop stuff with the enhanced AI (and a couple of mods to help there), but my true love is good PvP.

I hope BIS read and undewerstand that a large section of players want a bit of PvP as a nice change of pace, and implement something official.

Failing that, come back PR!

@bwc153: ah now that you say it i can see the light, just got to the multiplayer foum and see a vortex of pvp discussion crytalize into a lighthouse to guide people into decent pvp. It was all just a bad dream i had :/

@simon: ok to make one thing clear, ive been member of a PR clan (for both, bf2 and arma2) for years and played tournaments etc... i will buy a chicken to decapitate, dance around naked and summon a curse of pestilence on the next guy advising me to join a clan, i promise.

@shagulon: yes they make PR:arma3 just like 5 other competing, incompatible, seperate mod teams that are also working on a pr-stlye mod atm... oO

The solely 2 problems in ArmA3 PvP are ignorant server admins and ignorant mission makers.

Most mission makers are filling the mission with loooooads! of any scripts they find-making the performance unbearable for most

Best samples of missions/gamemodes was i.e ESL maps/AAS/Blitzkrieg.(*and there are others too.Sorry if i forgot..)

• Simple (script wise) -Excellent performance!

• Fair (class based-you get the pros and cons of your class and not having anybody being a -ridiculous- AA/AT/Sniper/Assaulter *with Thermal equipment btw)

• Efficient (Simple objectives/lots of fun and teamwork)

Server admins are another cancer to MP scene.

Server difficulty settings are set without sense-making even a good gamemode look crap.

*That's why there was mods *like PR_A2 i.e. that ensured quality gameplay licensing their mod to servers to ensure all

parameters will be kept to a "standard".

Even if it was "somewhat" heavy on performance -the gameplay balance is UN-comparable to *new gamemodes that came for ArmA 3 (Of course i won't even mention Wasteland *aka senseless wandering and camping.This isn't PvP)

Edited by GiorgyGR

yes they make pr:arma3 just like 5 other competing, incompatible, seperate mod teams that are also working on a pr-stlye mod atm... Oo

qft ;)

We are working on an initial release for Arma 3.

You can submit your mission ideas on our forums if you're interested: PR:ARMA3

I've started to loose interest in the game. It runs fine and mechanics and general game is great but , it's the gameplay. Here are my options:

Comp stomp: I don't think I've actually been killed by an ai yet , yet I've slaughtered maybe 30 units, they are clueless from 200m out.. This is hopeless but I don't expect ai to be any better, it is Artificial Intelligence so what to expect? I like the teamwork effort though, and wish it was team on team.

Wasteland: Far too spread out with nothing really going on, no team play at all. Just waiting around listening to crickets camping the gun store with random global childish spamming. ( Had loads of fun on arma 2 wasteland with big epic teamplay battles)

Altis Life: Actually had a couple fun moments on here but is still too spread out and slow. (stratis was much more fun)

Sector control or CTI: (or any good team based PvP) This is what I want to play but there are no servers populated, or at least none with decent enough ping in north america.

The game is great despite it's glitches and foibles but there is nothing to play. I don't think "you need to join a clan" is a valid argument for being able to have fun on a game, you shouldn't have to. Almost none of my friends play games, yet I had a blast on Arma 2 with good team play?

Not blaming the devs about gameplay, it's just the way it played out and what servers people are interested in populating on Arma 3.

also:

1rst person only servers: has great support at least from the people on this forum but I can't find a single server that is playing 1rst person only with more than 3 people playing :(

the community has spoken: comp stomp and wasteland for arma 3.

Not mad, just kinda sad

t

Edited by Big_T

Co-op and DayZ in ArmA 2 were/are the two most popular modes it seems, so it should be no surprise to anyone that co-op and Wasteland are most popular in ArmA 3.

If you want more PvP, stop whining, set up a server of your own and get players.

@maverick: sorry i dont have any money (btw as if there wasnt 100 guys allready that LOVED to get their pvp server popular) for that so i stick to adressing the issue publicly by trying to raise awareness and trying to discuss the reasons and eventually hoping to help to activate the self-regulating forces of the community. Im very sorry i repeatedly violated your expectations of what is a permissible object for discussion and what is not...

How is that an exploit? Sure it can be annoying but a dude with 20 ms ping destroying a guy with 60-70 in every single encounter is a much bigger unfairness. It's not like you have a choice if your internet is not on optic fiber.

So clipping your Lynx through a half a meter thick wall and blasting a guy behind it is just a glitch but lag compensation is a big deal? Same goes for one man armies still running around and BIS doing literally nothing to fix that.

FYI ArmA had lag compensation since OFP and still does.

Yep, head glitches are a legit complaint. That doesn't mean you should cut BIS a slack for allowing exploits in their game.

Lag comp in bf3 is or was totally broken and the netcode is garbage, that's why in the beginning all the uk servers were populated by Americans, apparently if you run torrents while playing it has the same effect, end result is you get shot around corners, behind cover, etc, In other words the high-pingers have the advantage, point being its that most games have exploits if you look hard enough and no i'm not saying A3 doesn't need some work but its still quite playable unlike Bf IMO.

---------- Post added at 11:32 ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 ----------

Everyone has no turn speed limit when sprinting / prone .

The only reason I can think why this has been done is to make it feel more like cod/bf, its pretty disappointing and overall I prefer character movement in A2, hopefully modding will fix this.

---------- Post added at 11:36 ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 ----------

@maverick: sorry i dont have any money (btw as if there wasnt 100 guys allready that LOVED to get their pvp server popular)...

Feel free to speak to me PM if there's anything you'd like to see mission wise or anything else ideas, etc, I have an empty server at my disposal :j:

A2 character movement aka tank simulator?

As clunky as it is, still more realistic IMO and fatigue in A3 is so bad (implementation) I've disabled it for now.

on fatigue, thats true, eventhough i think the basis of gamemechanics are nice, there are some areas that must remain subject to a lot of balancing

on fatigue, thats true, eventhough i think the basis of gamemechanics are nice, there are some areas that must remain subject to a lot of balancing

Fatigue just doesn't seem all that realistic. Buti think the issue is that having less weight may not have a big enough effect. The breathing noises are also way to loud. We do not need game mechanics for any sort of artificial balance. We need things to be realistic.