Sign in to follow this  
fabio_chavez

appeal to serveradmins: stop killing pvp, stop killing the game!

close to wednesday midnight, roughly 570 players online (VERY few for an AAA military shooter shortly after release) on main branch (dev branch playercount is marginal) on around 30 servers of which 10 have a playercount higher than 30,

from these 10 servers (of which 7 are within my ping zone = below 100), 5 run missions containing AI (coop, RPG etc) and 5 servers run pvp missions without AI (my preference), all of these 5 servers are wasteland.

None of these wasteland servers had a performance above 25fps (not even 20) for me (minimum to be acceptible).

Is this it?

Edited by Fabio_Chavez

Its time to jump ship we all should migrate to Call of Duty Ghosts the real military simulator...

really you need to belong to a unit or something for MP.

close to wednesday midnight, roughly 570 players online (VERY few for an AAA military shooter shortly after release) on main branch (dev branch playercount is marginal) on around 30 servers of which 10 have a playercount higher than 30,

from these 10 servers (of which 7 are within my ping zone = below 100), 5 run missions containing AI (coop, RPG etc) and 5 servers run pvp missions without AI (my preference), all of these 5 servers are wasteland.

None of these wasteland servers had a performance above 25fps for me (absolute minimum to be acceptible and only with a lot of good will).

Is this it?

No that's not it. Give it some time there will be plenty of pvp.

---------- Post added at 14:35 ---------- Previous post was at 14:27 ----------

Se here & here for "pure" pvp.

@iceman77: there have been potentrially awesome pvp missions since the alpha, its not that it needs a full grown mod to be able to have some mildly tactical, enjoyable and halfway decently performing squadbased AAS or even some generic TDM.

unfortunetely, it uses to be the server with the most random collection unnecessary and trashy features, like money etc that make it to the critical mass to join in the populated servers....

@maverick96: if you dont know by now, nevermind...

Edited by Fabio_Chavez

PvP would be stupid in ArmA 3.

You can step through walls/doors, 'sink' into rocks, hide inside car engine blocks, and all manner of exploits. ArmA 3 PvP is glitcher/exploit heaven.

no thanks jeff

You can step through walls/doors, 'sink' into rocks, hide inside car engine blocks, and all manner of exploits. ArmA 3 PvP is glitcher/exploit heaven.

no thanks jeff

In my opinion, your statement is incorrect. The squad i play in only plays PvP, we don't have any issues nor any the faults that you mention. Ive never had an issue playing PvP since i began playing with BIS games since OFP.

At the end of the day, you need to join a good squad to get the most out of playing PvP in OFP/A1/A2/A3.

In my opinion, your statement is incorrect. The squad i play in only plays PvP, we don't have any issues nor any the faults that you mention. Ive never had an issue playing PvP since i began playing with BIS games since OFP.

At the end of the day, you need to join a good squad to get the most out of playing PvP in OFP/A1/A2/A3.

You did not address the numerous mechanic bugs (such as stepping/clipping through hard objects, sinking inside rocks and car engine blocks, etc).

When you get competitive PvP, you end up with the lowest common denominator; everyone on Low Low Low graphics with max view distance, 3rd person hiding, and as mentioned above, exploiting the rather weak ArmA 3 mechanics.

please dont highjack this thread with offtopic discussion, thb id appreciate if you could remove your comments completely.

"there are nice Sector Control missions, purely PvP, everyday 40 ppl "

- there should be at least 10 servers with 20-40 players running such missions at any given time of the day....

i guarante you there is more than enough demand for that but the audience for this just gets frustrated by what i described in OP and turns its back on arma3... like 4-5 friends of mine got a copy since alpha and didnt play it anymore exactly and precisely because of the situation i described, which (unnesseccarily) persists since the alpha....

"there are nice Sector Control missions, purely PvP, everyday 40 ppl "

- there should be at least 10 servers with 20-40 players running such missions at any given time of the day....

I hope there will be.

there are at least 5 servers with SC missions, you can filter by "FT-2",

usually 2 of them has enough ppl

no thanks jeff

I've been an avid pvp'r since the beginning of Arma1 (played OFP SP only). There are exploits in every game, albeit a little more in Arma. The persons that need to exploit rocks, or any object, aren't a threat in any case. They're just really bad. I personally don't see the appeal in coops. Dealing with buggy AI that are either in retard mode or super commando mode & kill you with 1 round from 1km. Most times they don't react realistically. Standing around while I mow them down with my tanks coaxial mg. They should "Run mf Run" away and atleast make some attempt to stay alive!!! Case closed. ;)

Regards,

***1cem@n***

Edited by Iceman77

I would also actually love at least one official attempt of a PvP mission. There where several in OFP, and they where actually quite cool.

Project reality proved that it's more than possible. I can't wait for project reality for ARMA III, to bad it is discontinued in ARMA II, I loved it there.

I hope there will be.

there are at least 5 servers with SC missions, you can filter by "FT-2",

usually 2 of them has enough ppl

yes, FT-2 is OKAY, anyway, there is none now, and there wasnt any when i made the post like 3 hours ago... also i am tired of gamemodes with money, do they think they are counter strike or what?

(as we speak about it, money was a nonsense feature for counterstrike in the first place and added some mass appeal to rainbow six/action quake, its a legerdemain to add some psychologically rewarding gamemechanic that barely has any substance.)

people need to stop to add a collection of trash features to their gamemodes and instead implement more solid squad management, communications and decent layouts that properly take advantage of the map... wait a minute, there ARE such gamemodes allready lol but people drain to wasteland instead or prefer to shoot bots...

"Project reality proved that it's more than possible."

+1

if we cant ask BI to promote or supply a decent streamlined pvp environment and cannot ask the serveradmins to perform self censorship, due to rejecting the instant gratification they get from hosting crappy missions and instead popularize decent missions, what kind of collective organized effort can the people make to change the situation? will those upcomming pvp mods magically change the situation? PR:A2 was, despite some growing pains, spectacular, yet it suffered to create a stable playerbase....

I Bet this game could have at least 500 players (on top of the regular guys, playing RPG and botmatches and what not) at any given time of the week, playing the same awesome mission/mod to form a evolving community etc but for now and for me its enough if there would be 3-4 servers that run blitzkrieg, escalation, DTAS etc etc and have 30-40 players on them, is that too much to ask?

is it ture, is the demand high enough but the critical mass to keep things rolling is not reached because of the drain to wasteland/botmatches and because hosters are shortsighted and ignorant and because BIS doesnt give a shit or am i mistaken?

---------- Post added at 01:12 ---------- Previous post was at 00:54 ----------

[/color]Se here & here for "pure" pvp.

looks really good!

---------- Post added at 01:24 ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 ----------

p.s. BIS could at least create a subforum for PVP, to help people to channel their efforts in a more effective and visible way.

Edited by Fabio_Chavez

yes, FT-2 is OKAY, anyway, there is none now, and there wasnt any when i made the post like 3 hours ago... also i am tired of gamemodes with money, do they think they are counter strike or what?

(as we speak about it, money was a nonsense feature for counterstrike in the first place and added some mass appeal to rainbow six/action quake, its a legerdemain to add some psychologically rewarding gamemechanic that barely has any substance.)

people need to stop to add a collection of trash features to their gamemodes and instead implement more solid squad management, communications and decent layouts that properly take advantage of the map... wait a minute, there ARE such gamemodes allready lol but people drain to wasteland instead or prefer to shoot bots...

"Project reality proved that it's more than possible."

+1

if we cant ask BI to promote or supply a decent streamlined pvp environment and cannot ask the serveradmins to perform self censorship, due to rejecting the instant gratification they get from hosting crappy missions and instead popularize decent missions, what kind of collective organized effort can the people make to change the situation? will those upcomming pvp mods magically change the situation? PR:A2 was, despite some growing pains, spectacular, yet it suffered to create a stable playerbase....

I Bet this game could have at least 500 players (on top of the regular guys, playing RPG and botmatches and what not) at any given time of the week, playing the same awesome mission/mod to form a evolving community etc but for now and for me its enough if there would be 3-4 servers that run blitzkrieg, escalation, DTAS etc etc and have 30-40 players on them, is that too much to ask?

is it ture, is the demand high enough but the critical mass to keep things rolling is not reached because of the drain to wasteland/botmatches and because hosters are shortsighted and ignorant and because BIS doesnt give a shit or am i mistaken?

---------- Post added at 01:12 ---------- Previous post was at 00:54 ----------

looks really good!

---------- Post added at 01:24 ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 ----------

p.s. BIS could at least create a subforum for PVP, to help people to channel their efforts in a more effective and visible way.

What would we do about people wanting the game to have PvP balance forced upon them? I and many other like realism and for this reason, many mods exist for organized PvP.

ok there seem to be 3 factions:

1. the "PvP would be stupid in ArmA 3." faction, nasty but harmless.

2. the "there is no problem with pvp,just marry into a milsim-clique and play and hour of organized pvp on the weekend every other saturday", in complete denial, hiding from reality on a passworded server.

3. the "we want better pvp" faction, can we now at least get an official subforum?

You are giving Counter Strike a bad name. You cant hold arma anywhere near counter strike.

Its super balanced. Easy to play, very very hard to master and im not talking about going on a deathmatch server. I'm talking 5v5 competitive.

The money system is not persistent and neither do you get unlocks with that money. The feature adds alot of strategy elements to it.

Arma 3 will never come close to that experience. Even counter strike 1.6 has more guns then ArmA 3, Now thats something to be ashamed of.

cs had knifes, i give you that but why dont you go back to cs and buy yourself a nice decorated Lada?

Ah, PVP was strong during the Alpha release!

My PVP mission "Hostage Rescue: Extreme" did very well :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149766-Hostage-Rescue-Extreme-Edition

Maybe one day when I have time I will remake it and possibly give a boost in PVP/TVT for ArmA3. It offered teamwork, tactics, and minor-roleplaying while implementing new gameplay mechanics such as shouting via numpad, melee, custom textures for police vehicles and terrorists, and much more!

cs had knifes, i give you that but why dont you go back to cs and buy yourself a nice decorated Lada?

I never left playing CS though. Its the only mp game still semi playable as of late. (on the PC)

Same down my way,shooting AI(Bots) and poor fps Wasteland servers.

And as you say"VERY few for an AAA military shooter shortly after release" and that means the game is at its peak,sad times ahead.