Sign in to follow this  
RoynonFisher

ARMA 2 OA- How do I design a military base?

Hello. I am hoping to design a base to use for training my unit. It will require a laundry list of features, but I need to speak with someone on how to design it.

Please PM me on here, and hopefully we can talk on a TS3 server- my unit is currently just myself on ArmA 2: OA and I am without a TS3 server, or any other servers...

I was hoping for information on making a rifle range, pistol range, and every other weapons range possible. Then I would appreciate a few airfields with some hangars for C-17s and C-130s, as well as a few helicopters. Simply put, I want a fully operating base with added Sapper, Ranger, Sniper and all other manner of courses able to be given to an Army unit. (If I could pull this off, I feel that my unit would have a lot of appeal.)

Putting buildings and objects like fireposts and different kinds of targets is possible in ingame editor. You just select from units menu, selection called "empty", and then you can choose from vehicles, buildings, objects, training, etc. Some of the buildings and objects youll need would not be under "empty" but probably under "bluefor" option. Take a look in those tutorials i proposed, and try to play with editor a little to see for yourself.

Runway for airfild is different problem. I doubt you will be able to place it in editor. that would be job for somekind of map making software there are lot of usefull programs for download at ARMAHOLIC.

Easiest way would be to build your base on some of allready existing airfields in game editor.

someone please check my spelling. My english suck.

Take a look here

http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma2_oa_files_editing_templates

Here you can download a lot of user made base templates. You must place the folder of the template in your ArmA OA profile folder where all missions, you do in the editor, are saved.

With those templates you can see how it actually is done.

I hope that will help you to get started.

cheers :)