super-truite

Wrong color with .paa files

I have some issues with textures or dialog pictures in .paa format:

the color is unpredictable!

When I do something in photoshop and export it in .tga, then convert it with texview, A greenish picture can become pink...

I was not having this issue before and I don't see what I changed in my way of doing things, so it is getting quite frustrating!

Maybe I don't export the picture correctly...Any ideas?

• Like 1

Export your files from Photoshop as PNG-24. Open them in Texview2 and select DXT1 for regular images, or DXT5 for images with transparency such as logos. Save as a .paa from Texview2.

Edited by BloodoftheScribe
  • Like 1

I still get the color reversed. But I am not sure that I am doing what you said: for some reason, when I change to DXT1 or DXT5, it goes back automatically to ARGB8888. Is that normal?

EDIT: In fact the issue was due to the fact that I was using a non squared format. Now that I have a 256x256 image, I have no problems. Thanks for the help.

Edited by super-truite
  • Like 1

I'm a bit late to the party, but: I get wrong colours on my *.paa-files just as well. In TexView2 they look normal, but in game blue and green become yellowy and yellow and red become blue. The colours aren't really inverted, just some.

Changing the pictures to square formats can't really be an option, as they're supposed to be used for the overviewPicture in the mission browser. And it didn't work anyway. I usually convert the files with gimp (no photoshop) to png if necessary and then with TexView2 to paa. I have no effin' clue, what the differences between those different colour-modes are supposed to mean (DXT1 didn't render any difference), so I'm kind of at a loss.

• Like 1

I have the same problem. I created a picture, edited it, saved it to png, used TexView2 to get the paa.

It has a bluish colour now in the missionoverview.

I only have this problem in the overview. There isn't a problem with mmages in the mission and in the loading screen.

---------- Post added at 17:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:20 ----------

Update

Found a solution.

Used Paint.Net and saved it with colors 32bit and used 1024x512 format.

Doknow which of these two changes helped but it works now :)

But I guess it was 1024x512 format because

Preview picture

Must be in PAA file format.

2:1 aspect ratio (different aspect are rendered correctly as well, but won't cover the whole area).

Ideally 1024x512 pixels.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Mission_Overview

Edited by Onto
  • Like 1

Never mind what i said, if you can delete this message too would be great

Edited by BlacKnightBK

Hello ! Long time since last post but I can't make picture without the green/blue tint either. Are you sure about the 2:1 ratio ?

If your image isn't proper dimensions it can cause this. Like 256x255 instead of 256x256 (or whatever you're using)

• Thanks 1