Sign in to follow this  
tmp95

Did 1.02 Hot fix (lastest patch) affect AI skill ratings?

It seems since last hot patch fix... My SP enemy AI is back to being aimbots. One shot hits on me no matter how low their skill level is. Even when I have adjusted their enemy precision and enemy skill levels within my A3Profile.

Did something change with the latest hot fix on this?

---------- Post added at 01:34 ---------- Previous post was at 00:10 ----------

Futher playtesting. There is definite a huge chang since the last silly 1.02 hox fix (Steam sucks with auto updates, even if turned off, you still hvae to DL them until you can play again). But there is definite change now and the editing of A3Profile (for precision enemy, Skill enemy values has NO effect). It has taken my SP experience that was just begining to become good and ruined it again with silly aimbot OpFor AI.

I don't know why people complain about "aimbot" AI. Sure, the spotting might need to be tweaked, but as long as you can kill more of them than they can kill you, they're not as good as you. They're supposed to be difficult, go up against a human player and they'll be twice as accurate and ten times as intelligent.

I don't know why people complain about "aimbot" AI. Sure, the spotting might need to be tweaked, but as long as you can kill more of them than they can kill you, they're not as good as you. They're supposed to be difficult, go up against a human player and they'll be twice as accurate and ten times as intelligent.

But For SP, and trying to set up missions with your BluFor AI vs OpFor AI.....it becomes ridiculous when OpFor AI is one shot one killing you from 200m (when OpFor AI is set to 1/2 skill level IF THAT, and your BluFor AI is set to full Skill level).

Also, there was no reason it seems for BIS to stop the A3Profile adjustments. This was a simple easy way to allow customers to adjust AI "firing precision" (not even AI thinking). just their firing precision levels.

I think the idea is that the settings have a purpose :)

AI skill still has to be set in the mission scripts to actually change, especially on a dedicated server.

AI skill still has to be set in the mission scripts to actually change, especially on a dedicated server.

Not for SP this isn't the case is it? (never has been). You could adjust / change the "enemy precision" , "enemy skill" wihtin your A3Profile.file . However, this does not apppear to be working now since 1.02 Hot patch fix....

Has BIS confirmed / denied that have changed customers abilities to edit the A3.Profile (enemy precision , enemy skill ) ratings?? Since patch 1.02 hot fix?

The skill is one thing, but the armor is really annoying. Very often I need 2 or 3 7.62mm bullets (!!) even on short distance to get them down. You can see the impact due to this embarrasing "Elvis Presley hip swing" animation when they get hit. And of course in many cases this wounded AI's still turn around and give me a headshot.....ridiculous. :annoy:

That's the moment when their skill piss me off.

Sorry Elvis.... party0006.gif

here we go again... someone making note of the fact that AI is unfairly using their superhuman abilities to hear trained stealthy warriors from a mile away and deliver mind-numbingly accurate headshots with lightning response. Usually before a player can even be aware of any enemy presence. And once again, you get replies like, "its perfect, I like it hard"... and ... "they're supposed to be difficult".

*sigh

No. No, no, no. Good AI would get down and lay down suppressive fire in your general direction. Maybe call for back up. Maybe establish a line of flankers to try to respond to the threat.

But spotting us from a mile away with the sun in their eyes (I always use the sun to my advantage especially in dawn/dusk scenarios) and being able to fire a single shot which delivers a killing blow is completely asinine and spoils the fun, especially when you've taken 20-30 minutes to set up and tactically take advantage of a situation. Stray bullets, I can understand. But there's so often never even a gunfight. It's over before it begins basically.

I agree with TMP

If you have a problem with the armor play on a server with more appropriate difficulty settings. Default difficulty settings are just plain bad.

But yes, at least in latest stable the difficulty settings don't affect AI skill and precision.

Can BIS confirm. IS adjusting the USERPROFILE for precision enemy, skill enemy (and friendly) does this still work (for SP). Or not??