Sign in to follow this  
sproyd

How to add a Rangefinder?

So BIS keeps making mission-breaking changes even post-release which I am sure you are all finding frustraing - its driving me mad.

- They keep changing static object IDs which breaks any mission related to a static object ID (i.e. destroy this building)

- They deleted/changed name of a Uniform which made all of my OPFOR naked

- Also it looks like NATO Snipers now do not spawn with Rangefinders (I'm assuming Spotters still do).

How do I add a bloody Rangefinder? this addItem "Rangefinder" is not working - did they change the classname?

Thanks - sorry bit frustrated about all the time I am wasting fixing my missions due to BIS changes post-release. With Alpha and Beta it was a sacrifice we all agreed to make but now I don't want to do any more missions for fear of spending the rest of my life fixing them.

player addweapon "Rangefinder" works for me in DEV branch.

This was broken then fixed in this DEV Branch, not sure if it is working in the normal verison.

Fixed: Binoculars were invisible in inventory

Edited by cobra4v320

For my expierence it need to load a bit later than the other items, this works for me:

_workaround = this spawn {waitUntil{time > 1}; _this addWeapon "Rangefinder"};

_workaround = this spawn {waitUntil{time > 1}; _this addWeapon "B_UavTerminal"};

Also believe there is BUG with optics like that not showing up, but if you hit

B then it still works as if you still have it.

Hmmm yes its still invisible but wasn't working when I pressed B (not sure if they have removed RangeFinder from NATO Sniper unit because you can't bloody see it in the inventory.

I just used

this addWeapon "RangeFinder"; this assignItem "RangeFinder";

at the start of the init.

Thanks all for your help. This is quite a surprising bug to still be in the game post-launch given I remember seeing the RangeFinder in the inventory previously. I'm running stable branch btw.

Yeah it works fine in DEV Branch, I guess it will be fixed when they do the next update. :j:

Yes, all these changes can be really annoying sometimes. I played one of my missions yesterday and was supposed to get a UAV terminal during the mission. The script to add the terminal showed no errors, but i just didn't get the device. Luckily, i placed some drone guy near buy. Had to shoot the poor bastard and take his terminal to continue the mission. :rolleyes: