Sign in to follow this  
I34dKarma

I34dKarma's Roadblock Site Script

Based on some feedback from the Strategic Outcomes members I have released version 1.0 of the roadblock script.

Features For Version 1.0

-Custom Units

Allows user to easily add units from community made mods that the mission make might want to use. This could have been done before by editing the script, but now this option can be configured right in the array.

Script Parameters

Mission maker can now set the values for the distance and frequency of gate checks. This can allow the mission maker to set up how the script will run to control the gate and hopefully control performance as needed.

I will add some of these features to the Mod version soon.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

hi is this a mod so everybody on multiplayer have to use it or just a script which works with vanilla arma3?

hi is this a mod so everybody on multiplayer have to use it or just a script which works with vanilla arma3?

badrat this is the script version so it get stored in the mission.pbo file so a player would not have to download anything to join the server. The only exception to this would be if you decided to use the custom unit option, that would require all connected players to have that custom unit mod to join the game.

There is another version of my Roadblock Site Module that is a mod and would require all players to download and run in order to play. That can be found here. This mod allows all the site configuration to be done in the editor so it is easier to use, but the downside is the mod would be a required download for all players.

You have the choice which version you would like to use.

Hope that clears things up.

Well with all the new mod releases coming out lately I didn't want to get left out. I have released version 1.1 of the roadblock site script. The most common suggestion has been that the roadblock sites take to long to set up with the placements, lots of previewing and then editing the placement. In the new release I have set up an option for the site to automatically grab the direction of the road for the placement. It can require a bit of tweaking but can make site placement easier. Hope it works well for all the users of the script. As a side note you will need to edit your roadblock arrays for this release if you are using custom units with it. For anyone who likes the module version this script will be rolled into the next update as well along with some new "Explosive" features.

Download Version 1.1

Happy Holidays

Congrats on the release Karma!

Thanks sttosin

You can give me congrats when the Mod version is released, that at least has some more content.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi Karma,

Great Script! it saves a lot of work in the editor for larger games. I found that I was working fine when I previewed in the editor, and when I hosted of my computer over the internet. But when the mission was put up on a dedicated server it did not load and seemed to prevent any of the other scripts loading. Any suggestions?

Cheers Duck

I have used this script in one of my missions. Since the 1.12 update on the stable branch I now find the bunkers are floating in mid air about 3-4m off the ground. I don't know what has changed in the game to cause this. The script was working perfectly up until then. Anyone else have this problem?

Sorry for the delay between real life stuff and the Arma 3 Physix Dll crashes (Hopefully those are gone) I have not had a chance to look at the script. Seems like either a model change or a simulation change in the game engine itself caused the problem. Hope this fixes it for all users.

I will update the module version as soon as I get time.

---------- Post added at 01:35 ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 ----------

Hi Karma,

Great Script! it saves a lot of work in the editor for larger games. I found that I was working fine when I previewed in the editor, and when I hosted of my computer over the internet. But when the mission was put up on a dedicated server it did not load and seemed to prevent any of the other scripts loading. Any suggestions?

Cheers Duck

Run the script with debug on that will make sure that all the sites you set up are loading. Put a hint after the script launch just to make sure that its hanging up. I did remove a waituntil command that might have caused an issue. Possibly move it to the end of your init.sqf file to make sure its the last to load. Another possible thing you could add would be to do a small sleep command after you start the roadblock script. I have done several dedicated tests without error as well as having the SO community use the script in a few private ops which we always have lots of scripts and mods running.

Best Of Luck

I have used this script in one of my missions. Since the 1.12 update on the stable branch I now find the bunkers are floating in mid air about 3-4m off the ground. I don't know what has changed in the game to cause this. The script was working perfectly up until then. Anyone else have this problem?

I just downloaded the script and have the same problem with floating bunkers. Anyone have an idea for a fix? Nice script package but it's not useable as it is.

I just downloaded the script and have the same problem with floating bunkers. Anyone have an idea for a fix? Nice script package but it's not useable as it is.

I thought this had been fixed, although I haven't used the script since. I just made my own roadblocks for the mission. The problem I have found is that AI will not go through a bar gate. There is a ticket on the feedback tracker http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14688

I found the problem with floating bunkers. You need to change some values in line 36 and 38 in the karma_roablocksite1.sqf. The original is...

//Spawn Roadblock Bunkers

_bunker1 = createVehicle ["Land_BagBunker_Small_F", _bargate modelToWorld [6.5,-2,-2], [], 0, "NONE"];

_bunker1 setDir _sitedir;

_bunker2 = createVehicle ["Land_BagBunker_Small_F", _bargate modelToWorld [-8,-2,-2], [], 0, "NONE"];

_bunker2 setDir _sitedir;

My adjustments looked like this...

//Spawn Roadblock Bunkers

_bunker1 = createVehicle ["Land_BagBunker_Small_F", _bargate modelToWorld [7,-1,-4], [], 0, "NONE"];

_bunker1 setDir _sitedir;

_bunker2 = createVehicle ["Land_BagBunker_Small_F", _bargate modelToWorld [-7.5,-1,-4], [], 0, "NONE"];

_bunker2 setDir _sitedir;

The karma_roablocksite.sqf which controls the basic roadblock without the guns on top was fine and spawned in flush to the ground. It was just settings in karma_roablocksite1.sqf and karma_roablocksite2.sqf that caused the issue.

Now i just have to figure out why the machine gunners on top of the bunkers face the wrong way, ha ha.

Odd... I just tried this script on Sangin and all the roadblocks were flush. The auto detect road direction worked well too...

Hi sorry to res an old thread. Im wondering if this still works ok ?

Also i have an idea that i was wondering could be implemented. Could the roadblock be spawned faction specific. I.E if a capture point is captured by one faction. could the roadblock (after point taken) be spawned with that faction (to defend the capture point) against the other faction. Then if the other Faction takes the capture point could the roadblock be respawned with the new faction that captured the point. This would give some great Attack/Defend scenarios ..

Thanks In advance