Sign in to follow this  
manfred89

group leaves chopper, then another enters?

*I'll clarify this by saying I've looked absolutely everywhere for a solution, and though I can obviously find solutions for insertions and extractions, I'm having great difficulty combining the two. I've been trying for several days but no joy*

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me out here. I'm attempting my first mission, which I hope will be a way for me to learn many different things for futire reference. I have a squad, my squad in a helicopter, which takes off and lands at a transport unload waypoint. My squad leaves the helicopter successfully, no problems here. At the LZ, another AI friendly squad waits. After we have left the helicopter, I want the helicopter to remain there, engines running, until this squad has loaded into the helicopter. Then I want the helicopter to take off and fly away. I've been trying several days, trying to combine different parts of different tutorials but nothing seems to work. I've been using transport unloads, unloads, get ins etc, also syncing different waypoints but no joy. I realize helicopter insertion/extraction tutorials are eveywhere, but I haven't been able ot find anything that can do this for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John

I might of placed the invisible pad too close to the other two at Stratis, the helicopter sometimes likes to lift off to get closer, just move the pad farther away.

Yeah, that's the problem I had, it was lifting off then returning, I want it to sit with its engines on until the other group moves up and boards, I actually had it, but it stopped working, though I can't for the life of me fathom why. I'll get there. Thanks again for your efforts :)

My example mission works fine, I just placed the invisible pad too close to the two already on the map at Stratis Airfield. When the player group gets out, the helicopter tries to move closer "to be nice" and get the 2nd group in. Just move the pad farther away from those other two and it works fine.

Works great Cobra, thanks. It's a bit advanced for me to understand and adapt at the moment, I was trying to do it using waypoints and triggers, but this will give me the incentive to learn more. Thanks again :)