Sign in to follow this  
derakoren

WASP Warfare

WASP Warfare mission in CTI mode for Arma III. The development of this mission conducted from 16.03.2013, when ARMA III was in Alpha version.

In developing the Mission involved:

  - DeraKOren

  - Spayker

  - Goga

And Other WASP Team Guys.

About Mission

  The mission is designed to play in multiplayer.

The main objective of this mission is to destroy the enemy by any means, to capture the entire island under the control of a team. To achieve the main goal, you need to develop , capture , destroy, build, explore , and much more . Each player takes part of the mission is important and very significant for team play.

In the role of squad leader , you can:

- Recruit a squad of soldiers in the case of loss supplement

- Buy and osnoschat squad members weapon , uniforms , tools , etc.

- Have a unique equipment and uniforms

- When purchasing new equipment in different fields , ranging from the ATV to the tank, helicopter and even airplanes

- In the future you will be able to buy drones for reconnaissance and destruction of enemy

- For all of these reasons you and your team need resources and money , in consequence of which you have to fight for influence in the capture and defend the city and the sources of funds

- Protect friendly base

- Find and storm the enemy base

- To assist , guide the other players

- Mined roads

- Support the troops on the ground with artillery, aviation and naval forces

- Mend , heal

- And more.

In the role of team leader ( plus everything what has been said above ) :

- Building a base

- Hide the headquarters , so the enemy can not find her

- Sell, develop construction

- Build defenses

- To direct the players on the team, put them to the task

- To supervise the actions on the battlefield

- To train new recruits

- Allocate resources and assign salary

- Maintain complete control over military operations

- Select the direction of the development team (aviation, light troops , heavy forces , etc.)

- To lead the troops into battle commanders

- To be a general

Just depends on you whom you will : Commander , Assault , Scout, artillerymen , airmen , tankers , etc.

Good luck and enjoy your pastime in the game Arma 3 with our mission.

This is the latest version of warfare before the public testing. All functionality is added and tested, but there can be bugs that should be fixed, before a full readiness of mission. Currently the version is in closed test of multiplayer. It's tested by a small number of people.

If you want to learn more about the mission and be aware of the latest news concerning its development then go to the:

Official Website WASP Warfare Mission

Yes, I am an author.

Seems like you are talking about benny. Well, we've created the mission from scratch. It reminds the previous warfare versions from Arma 2. Especially you can observe the same dialogs (a design) as follows: a warfare menu and a team menu. These are only two things which were taken from benny's warfare in order to save some time.

Looks interesting, I'll check it out. Any chance for HC support? This would greatly improve performance during mid-late game.

Looks interesting. IMHO the right-above camera in the building menu would be better to prevent the usage of it as some kind of UAV.

Edited by woore

Yes, I am an author.

Seems like you are talking about benny. Well, we've created the mission from scratch. It reminds the previous warfare versions from Arma 2. Especially you can observe the same dialogs (a design) as follows: a warfare menu and a team menu. These are only two things which were taken from benny's warfare in order to save some time.

True. Not asking, not giving credit...one of the reasons skilled people stop to invest their time into community projects.

Nice, finally a decent (I hope) CTI, instead of a shitty port chocked full of errors.

---------- Post added at 10:14 ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 ----------

Sure you credited the author? ...

... True. Not asking, not giving credit...one of the reasons skilled people stop to invest their time into community projects.

It's very disrespectful to come in someones mission release thread and say this. If you believe that Benny is being slighted, you should PM Benny and let him make the decision to call this person out on a public forum, in their release thread.

Hi All,

Damn, I had to create a new account here because my old does not work (I do not know why).

Looks interesting, I'll check it out. Any chance for HC support? This would greatly improve performance during mid-late game.

I do not see any problems in adding of this staff. But you should not expect it in the nearest future. As you could see from demo we still have a lot of work. Artillery support, UAV are not still ready.

True. Not asking, not giving credit...one of the reasons skilled people stop to invest their time into community projects.

Actually, it smells like some kind of trololo. Anyway we spent a lot of time in order to create this mission from scratch. And it was fun actually. I do not see any reasons to enlist a huge list of people whos partially took part in its development. The main list you already have.

Btw, you wrote your own mission for warfare with some brand new ideas. Is it released already? Or there were some problems with authors.

Excellent! I look forward to playing it.

Cheers for the hard work guys!

It's very disrespectful to come in someones mission release thread and say this. If you believe that Benny is being slighted, you should PM Benny and let him make the decision to call this person out on a public forum, in their release thread.

It would be disrespectful if the accusation was pulled out of thin air - which it is obviously not, as using his elements even was admitted by one of the authors (post above).

Actually, it smells like some kind of trololo.

Btw, you wrote your own mission for warfare with some brand new ideas. Is it released already? Or there were some problems with authors.

Actually not correct, as a troll's intent is solely destructive and aimed against the community, while the only intent of my post was asking for fair behaviour according to community rules - too much?

And, yeah, indeed I did modify Benny's warfare for A2 but I dont get how that is of concern here? And no, there were of course no problems with the author, because the credit is even in the thread topic. That's how its being done.

And I'll finish with this small reminder:

§19) Posting addon/mod other content without permission

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community, people work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. There are a few simple rules in place to provide the respect to these creative people/groups that they deserve:

The first and most fundamental rule is that you must seek permission to alter someone's work, to mirror it or use it in any way other than for personal use. No permission, no editing, no mirroring, no adding to your mod pack, no editing and sharing around your private squad, none of that is acceptable.

...on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission and we receive a complaint then the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved and the forum member(s) risks being permanently banned from these forums for taking someone's work without permission....

...doing any of the above without the permission of the original creators risks a permanent ban, for individuals, for whole mod teams or squads.

Edited by ZeroG

oh yes, i remember playing nearly every day on WASP Arma 2 CO warfare. Good times, nice to see you in arma 3, finally! :)

---------- Post added at 23:40 ---------- Previous post was at 23:25 ----------

It would be disrespectful if the accusation was pulled out of thin air - which it is obviously not, as using his elements even was admitted by one of the authors (post above).

Actually not correct, as a troll's intent is solely destructive and aimed against the community, while the only intent of my post was asking for fair behaviour according to community rules - too much?

And, yeah, indeed I did modify Benny's warfare for A2 but I dont get how that is of concern here? And no, there were of course no problems with the author, because the credit is even in the thread topic. That's how its being done.

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community, people work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. There are a few simple rules in place to provide the respect to these creative people/groups that they deserve:

The first and most fundamental rule is that you must seek permission to alter someone's work, to mirror it or use it in any way other than for personal use. No permission, no editing, no mirroring, no adding to your mod pack, no editing and sharing around your private squad, none of that is acceptable.

...on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission and we receive a complaint then the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved and the forum member(s) risks being permanently banned from these forums for taking someone's work without permission....

...doing any of the above without the permission of the original creators risks a permanent ban, for individuals, for whole mod teams or squads.

if you suspect the author in stealing, then pm whom, you think it's stolen from, oh someone told you that already, and you say you don't think so. Well, looks to me you want to troll here.

It would be disrespectful if the accusation was pulled out of thin air

Yes. Just as you basically did, initially, without any proof, until the author let it be known that it was infact Benny's GUI. For all we knew he could have wrote the dialog from scratch to resemble BE Warfare UI. Still, it's better to PM Benny and let him make those calls to throw around accusations or to call the author out on a public forum for using his code. My 2c.

@ The author - Great WF, keep up with the improvements!

@Ice&Neuro: If you think only the victim author holds the right to accuse, well then you yourself should have sticked to that idea and let the accused authors alone speak for themselves instead of inflating the thread with "your 2c".

it was infact Benny's GUI.

All I said. And as that is clear now, we should leave the thread for what is meant for.

Edited by ZeroG

I can assume you have different understanding of what a real troll wants and can.

There were not problems cause the author helped you a lot. By the way this community has a dozen of these "config-fixing" warfare versions for Arma 2. Why did you not try to create or port your version in Arma 3? Cause you know that someone will do it instead of you or just due to laziness?

It's really good to talk with a guy who lives with rules. But what does it change? How do you know even these 2 GUI will be in release version? You did not see the source code. You did not know how it works. Only what you have is demo which does not show the final view of the mission. And you has come here to accuse us with stealing of something. As it was mentioned before you do not have any direct evidences. Show me please the source page where you got this rule please. I want to check there some rules concerning disrespectfull behaviour to new members of community.

Edited by Spyker

All I said. And as that is clear now, we should leave the thread for what is meant for.

Yes Yes Yes you can leave now.

There were not problems cause the author helped you a lot. By the way this community has a dozen of these "config-fixing" warfare versions for Arma 2. Why did you not try to create or port your version in Arma 3? Cause you know that someone will do it instead of you or just due to laziness?

Oh, you are becoming personal already? What does this have to do with the violation of rules? Yes, indeed, I can't do such a mission from scratch, all I am able to do is modify existing versions. So? Is there any immanent need to port my mission to A3? And yeah, lazy...just look at the terrain section to see how lazy I actually am...

It's really good to talk with a guy who lives with rules. But what does it change? How do you know even these 2 GUI will be in release version? You did not see the source code. You did not know how it works. Only what you have is demo which does not show the final view of the mission. And you has come here to accuse us with stealing of something. As it was mentioned before you do not have any direct evidences. Show me please the source page where you got this rule please. I want to check there some rules concerning disrespectfull behaviour to new members of community.

I am pleased to show you the rules, though your first sentences show my call for fairness and conscience was in vain.

Benny just saw your screens and the video and told me some of his work was stolen. Oh, and it doesnt matter which version it actually is or if code is available:

§19 [...]...This isn't just limited to re-using content in addons/mods/missions however, it's not acceptable to edit someone's work without permission and then to post screenshots of it on the forums (even if the edited addon/mod is purely for personal use), it's also not acceptable to edit someone's work, or use someone's work in any way that you don't have permission for and then to create videos which you post on these forums, doing any of the above without the permission of the original creators risks a permanent ban, for individuals, for whole mod teams or squads.

And, because you asked for it so nicely, a small hint:

Some of the icons used in your screenshots and in the

can be found in Benny's mission in the folder Rsc\Pictures...

?di=313815217041

But enough now - its pointless.

Edited by ZeroG

ha-ha-ha ;)

Hello ZeroG "My Germany Friend". I'd like to inform you, that you will not see any extra names in list of authors. As it was mentioned before we used only 2 dialogs from warfare (Arma 2). They were siginificantly edited by us for our purposes. From the begining each file of mission (".sqf") we noticed the real name of author who created them. It means that 2 dialogs have name of a real author including the name of who modified it. On my opinion it's quite enough. I respect time and labor which were spent by other people. So I can't understand your last messages.

Especially I can't get the next: why has, f.e., Benny not written to me yet concerning the mission/script's rights. And it's doubly strange cause he has my account in skype. At the same time you are trying to protect the author rights. And it looks like you are the true writer of warfare.

About Video what you see, it's just a demo version, not public. Special for you i show Buy Gear menu from last version:

547365309.jpg

Yes, and look for something else, it's great fun me! :cool:

Good Luck "My Germany Friend".

P.S. And in the future Benny Dialogs will be removed completely, and as co-author, he never absent in the mission.

Especially I can't get the next: why has, f.e., Benny not written to me yet concerning the mission/script's rights.

Perhaps he is not aware of your activities.

Allow me to quote a passage from the forum rules that may be of particular interest to you.

[...]

it's not acceptable to edit someone's work without permission and then to post screenshots of it on the forums

[...]

doing any of the above without the permission of the original creators risks a permanent ban, for individuals, for whole mod teams or squads.

So it would be extremely helpful for me and for you if you were able to PM me and justify your use of Benny's scripts while posting screenshots on the forum. This topic will remain closed until the issue is resolved.