riouken

cTab - Commander's Tablet - FBCB2, Bluforce Tracker, UAV, and Helmetcam Interface

I am pleased to announce the release of cTab 2.2.0. Until it pops up at the usual places, grab it here: GitHub

This will probably be the last stand-alone release of cTab as we are currently working at fully integrating cTab into ACE3 as a module.

oh man oh man, im so excited to see this integrated into ACE 3. i was just about to post and ask if the standalone version would interfere with the ACE 3's MicroDAGR.

i'll just be patient and wait for the integration with ACE 3 :)

This will probably be the last stand-alone release of cTab as we are currently working at fully integrating cTab into ACE3 as a module.

Will it be able to be used on all sides during TvT?

Sorry Bumgie for the delay. cTab can already be used by all sides during TvT (since 2.1). And yes, that will still be the case when the ACE3 module is done. Still being worked on and lots to do.

I'm having issues with this mod, wondering if anybody can help me. The helmet camera isn't working.

I have the Tablet, I've given another unit the headcam and one of the correct helmets, yet it's not working.

The part of the screen where the feed should appear is blank.

This is what it shows: http://puu.sh/iSMww/bf7450f924.jpg

I'm having issues with this mod, wondering if anybody can help me. The helmet camera isn't working.

I have the Tablet, I've given another unit the headcam and one of the correct helmets, yet it's not working.

The part of the screen where the feed should appear is blank.

This is what it shows: http://puu.sh/iSMww/bf7450f924.jpg

Hi, can you supply me with a test mission and steps to reproduce and I will look into it when I get back home (in about 24 hours). It would also be good if you had logging turned on (it is by default) and send me your RTP of just a reproduction session.

Also please let me know if you reproduce this in the editor, single player, locally hosted MP or dedicated MP.

Edit: I looked into it some more, but haven't found anything yet. The "correct" helmet or helmet cam item are only required for the unit to show up in the list of available helmet cams. Once they show up and clicked upon, the only thing that should prevent the picture from rendering is if the unit is in a vehicle and the 3rd person view has been disabled on the server / in the difficulty settings.

Edited by Gundy

it would be bloody amazing if we were able to draw lines on tablet, to make air and ground routes

it would be bloody amazing if we were able to draw lines on tablet, to make air and ground routes

It is planned for the ACE3 module currently in development. If it makes the first revision though is currently unknown.

Hi, can you supply me with a test mission and steps to reproduce and I will look into it when I get back home (in about 24 hours). It would also be good if you had logging turned on (it is by default) and send me your RTP of just a reproduction session.

Also please let me know if you reproduce this in the editor, single player, locally hosted MP or dedicated MP.

Edit: I looked into it some more, but haven't found anything yet. The "correct" helmet or helmet cam item are only required for the unit to show up in the list of available helmet cams. Once they show up and clicked upon, the only thing that should prevent the picture from rendering is if the unit is in a vehicle and the 3rd person view has been disabled on the server / in the difficulty settings.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uko45w1bowhtit5/cTab+Problems.rar

I've included the RPT file from my test, and the mission file for both the editor and the actual file.

I produced this in the editor and in a single player scenario.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LcUFBJzwtg

Edited by Auroraah

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uko45w1bowhtit5/cTab+Problems.rar

I've included the RPT file from my test, and the mission file for both the editor and the actual file.

I produced this in the editor and in a single player scenario.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LcUFBJzwtg

The only way I was able to reproduce that was by setting "CONFIGURE > VIDEO > GENERAL > PIP" to "Disabled".

The only way I was able to reproduce that was by setting "CONFIGURE > VIDEO > GENERAL > PIP" to "Disabled".

That fixed it, thank you very much!

Glad it was me doing something silly, easy fix :)

Last week was actually the first time I used this mod. And we all were VERY impessed with it.

There was just one down-side to it:

We hoped to perform DACAS with is (Digitally Aided Close Air Support)

Nowdays JTACs and pilots are able to send messages (even pictures and video) back and forth via an uplink. We noticed the MFD in aircraft had no text function. Which basically makes it a pre-2000 system.

Can we easily make the messaging available for pilots? Or can you just update the mod? Would be awesome to simulate nowdays operations with this.

thanks

From Batavian Tactical

this is a great mod, cant wait to use it and force my clanmates to implement it on our mod list ASAP!

cant understand why, though, why the "small" versions need to be that BIG. It's all plastic, sincerely, and they stand for something that we would toss a glance every 10-20 seconds top glancing sideways or just slightly turning our heads, wether we are in a car or walking. I understand it has to be like that in input mode because we give all our attention to what we are doing, but we we use it for navigating why do they need to take all that space? cant just the map be reproduced (just like the vanilla GPS nav)? If the problem would be that it becomes too easy navigating and that all becomes "too gamey" make it so that it just stays on for a 20 or so seconds, or put a "frame on/frame off" kind of choice (if possible)

moreover, i noticed that in some vehicles (RHS's cars and DAR HMMWV's respectively) front passengers dont get to use the TAD, but gunners do, and in the case of DAR vehicles no one gets to  :D  why is that? is there any way to force the TAD to appear to both the driver and front passenger?

ill be adding all those feature requests on github in any case

thanks in advance

This mod is amazing and we used to use it back in the day. It worked great. We decided to start using it again today and it wasn't working exactly.

We were unable to place markers on the map (casualty points, enemy contacts, etc) and we were unable to edit our callsigns.

Is there something we did wrong? Are there other mods cTab is known to conflict with? Any help would be appreciated.

If there is an alternative mod similar to this we could use that would also be nice, but we would be much more comfortable with this if we can get it working. Thanks much!

Im having a bit of a problem. I cant see my blueforce symbol above me in the tracker. I have a tablet. 
Can anyone help?

Unable to play SALUTE markers since latest Arma update, anyone else?

I'm posting this here since it's probably the most relevant place for it. I'm looking to make a functional TOC in A3, and I would like to use the helmet camera functionality to display the view on screens in-game. Since my own messing around has gotten nowhere, I thought I would ask here to see if any scriptheads knew how to do it, or if it is even feasible in A3. I've seen the TOC mission posted on Armaholic, but I would like to integrate it with cTab and use its helmet camera functionality.

Any help in the right direction is appreciated  :)

Unable to play SALUTE markers since latest Arma update, anyone else?

We had the same problem in the last week. But testing it alone afterwards we couldn't reproduce this. Some players could, some players couldn't.

Yer playing the next night it was fine. The blufor tracker stopped working randomly during that next session for a few people so I'm guessing it's an intermittent problem?

It may have something to do with server security. Since the last update we have this issue together with Ares functions.

You should whitelist ctab functions to make it work again.

it would be nice if you if you can rename / rename the teams CTAB in the main and the one a field for the radio channels for teams

it would be nice if you if you can rename / rename the teams CTAB in the main and the one a field for the radio channels for teams

What?