riouken

cTab - Commander's Tablet - FBCB2, Bluforce Tracker, UAV, and Helmetcam Interface

Hi all,

Here is a maintenance update for cTab 2.1, mainly focusing on compatibility with CBA's new keybinding API as well as fixing some issues regarding UAVs and helmet cams. Readme is available over at GitHub. Until the usual places are updated with the release, you can grab it here.

Changelog

• Support for updated CBA keybinding API (introduced with CBA 1.20 RC6)
  • Prevent TAD from being accessible when using a parachute
  • Added 500m zoom-level to small TAD
  • Fixed player's camera breaking when exiting UAV full screen view while in a vehicle
  • Fixed control of new target designator turrets (introduced with marksman DLC) from the Tablet's UAV screen
  • Immediately terminate UAV cameras if UAV is distroyed
  • Added own helmet cam back into the list of accessible helmet cams (to reduce confusion)
  • Sorted helmet cams by group ID
  • Made area around the map gray instead of black to increas readability of off-map markers / units
  • Made TAD map tools follow mouse cursor instead of map center. This also allows for measuring distances to off-map destinations.
  • Discrepancies between cTab client and server versions will now be reported to RPT on both client and server via CBA versioning
  • Available UAVs / helmet cams are now automatically refreshed on tablet whenever the lists have changed (lists are updated every 30 seconds), eliminating the need to switch modes or close and reopen the tablet for the display to refresh
  • Added UAV type to list of available UAVs to help with orientation
  • Re-Categorized helmet cam item to show up as face-wear (goggles) in Arsenal. Note: It can still be moved anywhere else in the inventory without losing its capability
  • Fixed keybinds not working in Zeus and causing RPT errors after update to CBA 1.20 RC6

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Riouken) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Would it be possible to see the FLIR cameras from things such at the F/A-18F by John_Spartan or the FZA/RHS Apache? This could work in the UAV section.

Would it be possible to see the FLIR cameras from things such at the F/A-18F by John_Spartan or the FZA/RHS Apache? This could work in the UAV section.

Hi Alpha Kilo,

Thanks for the suggestion. Will have to see how these are implemented. Does the pilot see the WSO's FLIR camera on one of his MFDs well? If so, there must be a way. Only trouble might be that this could require a custom per-vehicle implementation, where as with the UAVs its quite generic (i.e. the same code for all of them).

Hi Alpha Kilo,

Thanks for the suggestion. Will have to see how these are implemented. Does the pilot see the WSO's FLIR camera on one of his MFDs well? If so, there must be a way. Only trouble might be that this could require a custom per-vehicle implementation, where as with the UAVs its quite generic (i.e. the same code for all of them).

I know that the AH-64D in RHS has a MFD for the gunner and well the WSO in the F/18 by John_Spartan has an MFD of it. In addition I think the RNLAF AH-64D has a MFD for the pilot.

wow this mod is fantastic !, I don't know why I never used it before , I hope to see it in ACE3 too.

question, I love the feature to be able to lock a Drone camera on a map point, is there a way to then unlock it ?

Edited by HaZZarD

wow this mod is fantastic !, I don't know why I never used it before , I hope to see it in ACE3 too.

question, I love the feature to be able to lock a Drone camera on a map point, is there a way to then unlock it ?

Hi Hazzard,

Currently you would have to enter the UAV's turret cam (either via the Tablet, button on the lower right or via the UAV terminal) and press CTRL+T to unlock. Hoping to be able to do that directly from the Tablet's UAV screen in the future.

Nice, thanks for reply, I will try it out

Edit: as a suggestion, please add it in first page under controls, I had other friends with this issue

Nice, thanks for reply, I will try it out

Edit: as a suggestion, please add it in first page under controls, I had other friends with this issue

You mean add it to the manual?

You mean add it to the manual?

Under controls in general would be fine

Hello!

I Have a big Problem with Ctab...

I install it as @folder or take the files individually plays no role in both freeze my Arma it and brings it to the crash if I take out and Delete CTAB I can use my arma without problems

does anyone have any idea why this is so?

Hello!

I Have a big Problem with Ctab...

I install it as @folder or take the files individually plays no role in both freeze my Arma it and brings it to the crash if I take out and Delete CTAB I can use my arma without problems

does anyone have any idea why this is so?

Not really. Do you have a copy of your RPT to share? cTab requires the current version of CBA to be loaded. Have you tried to only load CBA and cTab?

If the tablet is dropped (removed from the inventory) while the interface is open, the player can still use it without having the item in the inventory. It is thus possible for several players to use the device while only one of them actually has it.

It would probably also feel more realistic if the cTab would close while the user is walking or running.

It would probably also feel more realistic if the cTab would close while the user is walking or running.

Thousands of metro "smartphone zombies" won't agree with you :-P

(No offense, I'm sometimes guilty myself)

If the tablet is dropped (removed from the inventory) while the interface is open, the player can still use it without having the item in the inventory. It is thus possible for several players to use the device while only one of them actually has it.

Well, yes, I have not yet invested in a mechanism that continuously keeps checking the players inventory or hooked into the various events that could result in a changed inventory. To be honest I am not too worried about this bit at the moment.

cTab has multiple interfaces (Tablet, Android, MicroDAGR, FBCB2, TAD) and some of them (Android, MicroDAGR, TAD) have the specific ability to stay opened while walking / running using the none-interactive (small) variant of that interface. If I understand correctly you would want cTab to check if someone is moving and then auto-close the interface? Keep in mind that both the Android and MicroDAGR devices can be worn on your forearm close to your wrist, so it could be deemed realistic to have the ability to look at it while moving.

The ability to add 8 or 10 digit waypoint markers, and connect to other devices like Vector, Laser, UAVs laser, and then record their marker gps grid. Especially for the Micro DAGR (it is a real life feature) would be great. Also to just have a text editor in the devices to input gps markerss or a shopping list would great. OR just to be able to send myself a message, so I could record stuff. But all of this on the Micro DAGR would be best. Hope that makes sense (not doing so well with that lately :/ )

But the easiest (i guess) would be to just be able to send my self a message on the Rugged TAB. then I could store info.

Edited by kklownboy

Well, yes, I have not yet invested in a mechanism that continuously keeps checking the players inventory or hooked into the various events that could result in a changed inventory. To be honest I am not too worried about this bit at the moment.

Just added a function in the next version that hooks into the "playerInventoryChanged" event from ACE3 and does exactly what you are asking for. At least that way I am not creating extra workload, but it will only work when ACE3 is used at the same time (made it so its not mandatory).

---------- Post added at 18:33 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

The ability to add 8 or 10 digit waypoint markers, and connect to other devices like Vector, Laser, UAVs laser, and then record their marker gps grid. Especially for the Micro DAGR (it is a real life feature) would be great. Also to just have a text editor in the devices to input gps markerss or a shopping list would great. OR just to be able to send myself a message, so I could record stuff. But all of this on the Micro DAGR would be best. Hope that makes sense (not doing so well with that lately :/ )

Thanks for these, will add them to the list of future things to work on.

But the easiest (i guess) would be to just be able to send my self a message on the Rugged TAB. then I could store info.

Yep, very easy to make that change, will have that in the next version.

Edited by Gundy

Hi

I have my Problem Fixed. CTab Loading too long and thats look for me like Arma Crash Sorry.

I Have to say I do not know why this is not the most popular mod out there at the moment. This is terrific I just think people really need to understand it better to make the best use of it. this is very similar and missions can now be made kind o flike the tom clancy series with raven shield and other great games. But the squad play that this allows is just wonderful. Now I do have a question or two I am having some issues trying to get my pilot in a harrier to see through his helmet cam. I added the harrier to the class list in my config file and he shows up in the tracking screen, but not in the helmet cam. I added a move in driver pilot with a this additem additemhcam... I did not check though if the pilots helmet is on the list of helmets in the config file? Assuming I answered my own question while writing this post is there anyway to just enable all helicopters and planes for a vehicle cam like the UAV streams?? Oh and how can I find the accurate class names of all modded planes and other vehicles.

Lastly one other thing that stumps me is when I look at the helmet can it does not list names that I give to the squad they come up with these other names I do not know where they get them.

Sorry for the huge delay, my forum notifications got tangled up in the spam filter.

I am having some issues trying to get my pilot in a harrier to see through his helmet cam. I added the harrier to the class list in my config file and he shows up in the tracking screen, but not in the helmet cam. I added a move in driver pilot with a this additem additemhcam... I did not check though if the pilots helmet is on the list of helmets in the config file? Assuming I answered my own question while writing this post is there anyway to just enable all helicopters and planes for a vehicle cam like the UAV streams??

For units to show up in the list of helmet cameras, you either have to add the "ItemcTabHCam" item to the units inventory (not the vehicle), or have the class name of the helmet the unit is wearing added to the definition of camera enabled helmets. Here are the helmet classes for most of the vanilla pilots:

"H_PilotHelmetFighter_B"

"H_PilotHelmetFighter_I"

"H_PilotHelmetFighter_O"

"H_PilotHelmetHeli_B"

"H_PilotHelmetHeli_I"

"H_PilotHelmetHeli_O"

You can find them yourself by calling

hint str (headgear _unit);

in the debug console.

To add the "ItemcTabHCam" item to the pilot of a vehicle, use the following in the vehicles init (if it comes with a pilot):

(driver this) addItem "ItemcTabHCam";

Be aware that the helmet cam implementation currently doesn't deal well with units inside of vehicles. If the server allows 3rd person, you will get a 3rd person camera. If 3rd person is not allowed, you won't get a camera picture while the unit is inside the vehicle.

Oh and how can I find the accurate class names of all modded planes and other vehicles.

Place one in the editor with yourself inside and execute the following into the debug console:

hint str (typeOf vehicle player);

You could also have a look at the config viewer (accessible from the debug console) to figure out class inheritance. Quite often the same vehicle will have multiple variants and instead of adding each individual variant, you could just define the one they all inherit from.

Lastly one other thing that stumps me is when I look at the helmet can it does not list names that I give to the squad they come up with these other names I do not know where they get them.

Units are listed in the helmet cam screen by their group ID, followed by name. You specify them by using "setGroupID" and "setName" commands.

Edited by Gundy

I am pleased to announce the release of cTab 2.2.0. Until it pops up at the usual places, grab it here: GitHub

This will probably be the last stand-alone release of cTab as we are currently working at fully integrating cTab into ACE3 as a module.

Changelog

• Added ability to increase / decrease screen brightness of TAD (via BRT+/- rocker on lower right)
  • Added ability to message oneself to take notes
  • Added ability to switch interface position of TAD, Android and MicroDAGR in overlay mode from left to right default "CTRL + SHIFT + HOME")
  • Added new and improved tablet interface background and 3D model, both made by Raspu
  • Added night mode to Tablet, Android and MicroDAGR (switches automatically based on light conditions outside), graphics mad by Raspu
  • Added night mode to TAD (switched via the DAY/NIGHT switch on the lower left), graphics mad by Raspu
  • Added on-device notifications that will appear when for example a message has been received or a new marker was added
  • Changed the way names are displayed in messaging to be more in line with Helmet Cam screen
  • Changed to brighter MicroDAGR interface background, made by Raspu
  • Changed to reworked Android and MicroDAGR 3D models, both made by Raspu
  • Fixed icons in list of messages being black
  • Fixed marker text alignment (some recent ArmA update changed the default from right to center)
  • General performance improvements
  • Immediately stop showing team-members when player is leaving the group. Note: When joining a new group it will take up to 30 seconds for any cTab carrying group members to appear
  • Interactive mode (large interfaces) screen position will now be remembered and restored on load (can be reset to screen center using default "CTRL + SHIFT + HOME")
  • Interface will now be closed if player is unconscious and ACE3 Medical is used
  • Interface will now be closed if player lost the required device and ACE3 is used
  • Minor interface tweaks
  • No longer closes small MicroDAGR or Android interfaces when exeting a vehicle
  • On-foot team members that have been assigned to a fire-team will now be coloured accordingly. If no fire team has been set, they will show up as the standard blue (slightly different colour than the blue fire team).
  • Reclassified helmet cam item to show up as a generic item in Arsenal. You will find it by for example selecting your vest and selecting the "+" icon on the right side of the screen
  • Speedup of interface startup
  • Updated all device iventory icons to match, made by Raspu

Media

HnHLiv7m.jpg ehvx1tFm.jpg Niynrvmm.jpg bjarZTqm.jpg ngtjm2Dm.jpg OVyYrkpm.jpg 0lOIuvem.jpg aaPccktm.jpg ZI6XZznm.jpg aE3zcxjm.jpg

Updated mod v2.2.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Riouken , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Apologies, there were some issues with the released version of 2.2.0. So here is the 2.2.1 hotfix. Thanks @Raspu for helping to identify these issues. Until it pops up at the usual places, grab it here: GitHub

Changelog

• Added variable message decay to notification system (new-marker notifications are now shown for longer)
  • Fixed error regarding the helmet cam icon when looking at a cTab-box placed with Zeus
  • Fixed issue with notification system upon marker creation
  • Marker menu will now stay inside the device screen boundaries
  • Moved marker menu above brightness layer to allow it to show tool-tips properly
  • Tweaked marker menu size on Android

Edited by Gundy