riouken

cTab - Commander's Tablet - FBCB2, Bluforce Tracker, UAV, and Helmetcam Interface

I just tried this addon for the first time, and I am now wondering what kept me so long. This is just phenomenal. The only thing I would like to see in the future is for us to rename the groups on Bluforce tracking

Thanks for your feedback. This can be facilitated during mission design, see the "For Mission Makers" section in the Readme/Manual.

If you mean renaming during the course of a mission, there is good news: BI seems to be in the process of implementing a group management UI (as seen towards the end of the last

) for us to use and it supports renaming of groups. Since cTab is already using these in-game names, it should work nicely out of the box. Would that be sufficient?

A great update to a great mod, thank you.

if the result is the desired one sure, why not. Honestly I would prefer not having to use multiple menus for that but if it works I'm fine.

We've tested some more and found some things.

- When Guy A flies the UAV with the regular UAV Terminal and Guy B uses Ctab to steer the camera at the same time everything works nice. But as soon as guy C tries to access the UAV feed full screen as well, guy B's game goes all weird and he has to reconnect. No "Another guy is already streaming" message came up which only appears if guy A is not in the driver) So an additional function to see the gunner's view full screen without assuming control would be awesome, if that is even possible.

- The little PiP thing with the UAV feed does not seem to properly represent the center of the camera's view. Gunner wanted to show me something but my PiP was way off. (my settings were maxed out)

- View distance for the PiP seems very limited but I think only BI would be able to fix it

Haven't had the chance to test it with more players but will probably do so onced the marksman dlc rolled out.

if the result is the desired one sure, why not. Honestly I would prefer not having to use multiple menus for that but if it works I'm fine.
I understand and have noted the requirement.
When Guy A flies the UAV with the regular UAV Terminal and Guy B uses Ctab to steer the camera at the same time everything works nice. But as soon as guy C tries to access the UAV feed full screen as well, guy B's game goes all weird and he has to reconnect. No "Another guy is already streaming" message came up which only appears if guy A is not in the driver) So an additional function to see the gunner's view full screen without assuming control would be awesome, if that is even possible.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention, will see what I can do.
The little PiP thing with the UAV feed does not seem to properly represent the center of the camera's view. Gunner wanted to show me something but my PiP was way off. (my settings were maxed out)
Again, thanks for reporting this, will look into it.
View distance for the PiP seems very limited but I think only BI would be able to fix it
Yes, unfortunately that I cannot change. I do however have the plan to make the zoom-level selectable, which in turn would change the FOV of the camera and as a result allows you to see further.

Have the rugged tablet changed in size/mass? It won't fit inside the vanilla uniforms, it's too big(That's what she said...)

rYbyl3X.jpg

And it weighs over 7kg, but maybe it should?

EDIT - Any chance to get more zoom in on the heli-version?

Edited by Sorken

@Sorken: well... it is a large tablet, and needs a actual pockety kind of thing to put it. I use it in the GPS slot, and have my MicroDagr, prc-152,UAV_Terminal(yeah you still need it to set the UAV/UAG to Autonomous) Helmet Camera, ect... on my uni.

---------- Post added at 15:33 ---------- Previous post was at 15:24 ----------

Soo About them ICONs. Alive has the best set. Alive allows you to use them in the Map(duh) with a qualifier key(ctr-mouse click). Would be nice to have that option. Or even the ability to add ICON packs.

Anyways Great Job Gundy continuing this. Rio must be proud. Also thnx Rio for the MicroDagr UI. This mod is top tier!

Edited by kklownboy

Since the last update, I can´t get any helmetcam video feedback from my NATO troops on the cTab (on 2.0 I could get even modded helmets with cams to show on the tablet)... and I can´t put the cTab helmetcam on the radio slot in my gear anymore...

cheers!

;2902303']Since the last update' date=' I can´t get any helmetcam video feedback from my NATO troops on the cTab (on 2.0 I could get even modded helmets with cams to show on the tablet)... and I can´t put the cTab helmetcam on the radio slot in my gear anymore...

cheers![/quote']

Hi Corporal_Lib[bR], the helmetcam doesn' t go in the radio slot anymore in order not to cause issues when using TaskForceRadio from what i' ve read. From the tests we ran with friends, putting the helmet cam in our vests or uniforms worked for us. I don' t know if it will work with AI though.

Anyway, is it normal that i can' t find the Helmetcam anywhere in the Virtual Arsenal? I believe that it is and that it has to do with the fact that we can now store it anywhere in our gear and it will still function but i thought that i' d ask just to make sure.:)

Indeed it doesn´t show up on VA and I wonderer why... maybe if you class it as item (minedetector/FAK class of objects) it would show up!

I´ll test it again to see if dropping the cTAB cam on my uniform,vest or bags makes it shows up on the tablet and assigning that loadout to a bot, see if the AI shows on the tablet too...

[EDIT] it seems that either vanilla and modded helmets with headcam WORK on cTab, either AI or player, the catch is: you can´t see YOUR OWN HEADCAM... and the cam on inventory works too, but I can only see my character headcam if I switch to another unit with cTab... =)

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

For some reason on my Bluforce tracker it only shows vehicles and static emplacements and not infantry units. Any reason why? I am using vanilla units and also addon units. Still not working.

Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback, please keep it coming :)

Have the rugged tablet changed in size/mass? It won't fit inside the vanilla uniforms, it's too big(That's what she said...)

And it weighs over 7kg, but maybe it should?

From the 2.1 change notes:

Changed weight of all items to be close to their real-world equivalents (before everything did weight 45g)

Inventory without tablet

BHqylPTm.jpg

Inventory with tablet

sPVJlVdm.jpg

Weight as per AGM. The real device weights about 2.4kg.

EDIT - Any chance to get more zoom in on the heli-version?

I will see about adding a 500m radius zoom level for the TAD. Currently 1km is the minimum.

;2902303']Since the last update' date=' I can´t get any helmetcam video feedback from my NATO troops on the cTab (on 2.0 I could get even modded helmets with cams to show on the tablet)... and I can´t put the cTab helmetcam on the radio slot in my gear anymore...

cheers![/quote']

Hi Corporal_Lib[bR], the helmetcam doesn' t go in the radio slot anymore in order not to cause issues when using TaskForceRadio from what i' ve read. From the tests we ran with friends, putting the helmet cam in our vests or uniforms worked for us. I don' t know if it will work with AI though.

Anyway, is it normal that i can' t find the Helmetcam anywhere in the Virtual Arsenal? I believe that it is and that it has to do with the fact that we can now store it anywhere in our gear and it will still function but i thought that i' d ask just to make sure.:)

;2902634']Indeed it doesn´t show up on VA and I wonderer why... maybe if you class it as item (minedetector/FAK class of objects) it would show up!

I´ll test it again to see if dropping the cTAB cam on my uniform' date='vest or bags makes it shows up on the tablet and assigning that loadout to a bot, see if the AI shows on the tablet too...

[EDIT'] it seems that either vanilla and modded helmets with headcam WORK on cTab, either AI or player, the catch is: you can´t see YOUR OWN HEADCAM... and the cam on inventory works too, but I can only see my character headcam if I switch to another unit with cTab... =)

cheers!

The helmet cam shows on AI units too. Right now there are two methods of adding a helmet camera to a unit:

1. Place the helmet-cam item (ItemcTabHCam)
  2. Have the unit wear a helmet that has been defined to have a helmet camera. By default vanilla helmet models with a camera as well as the ones from BW mod are defined. You can add / remove them by either modifying the user-config on the server or by adding the definition to the mission. This has been added in 2.1.

Yes you cannot see your own helmet cam. Since this seems to be the cause for the confusion, I am contemplating the removal of this restriction.

The helmet cam item does not show up in Arsenal because it is defined as a generic item. The problem with defining it to be one of the other classes is that it will also gain their ability. So for example by making it a mine-detector it will show up in Arsenal, but it will also detect mines. Having it as a radio item is also problematic, since it will replace your radio when you choose it in Arsenal or right-click it from a box to add it to your inventory.

For some reason on my Bluforce tracker it only shows vehicles and static emplacements and not infantry units. Any reason why? I am using vanilla units and also addon units. Still not working.

Here is a rough description of what version 2.1 of cTab shows on your Blueforce tracker:

• Your own position as a green small circle with an arrow for your heading
  • The position of any friendly, Tablet / Android / MicroDAGR equipped unit in your group and currently not in a vehicle, depicted by small blue circles with an arrow for the heading and the unit's index number within that group
  • The position of any friendly, Tablet / Android equipped group leader that is currently not in a vehicle, depicted by a rectangular infantry symbol (X) with an indication of that groups strength just above that symbol. If the group leader is not carrying the necessary device, the group will be searched for the next best unit with the necessary device and shown instead. The group's name will be shown next to the icon.
  • The position of any friendly vehicle, depicted by a rectangular vehicle icon (depending on the vehicle). The name will either be that of the driver's group, or the one defined in the mission.

Note: The MicroDAGR will only show units in your own group that are equipped with a cTab device, unless you also carry a Tablet.

Here is how you add cTab devices to units in your missions. For existing missions to magically work with cTab I would have to add auto-distribution similar to what TFAR does. I.e. replace a unit's GPS with a MicroDAGR and if the unit is a group leader, replace it with an Android. It is planned, but I don't know when I will have time to do it.

---------- Post added at 02:42 ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 ----------

Soo About them ICONs. Alive has the best set. Alive allows you to use them in the Map(duh) with a qualifier key(ctr-mouse click). Would be nice to have that option. Or even the ability to add ICON packs.

Will take a look at their icons. You mean to replace the existing ones used in cTab for Enemy SALUTEs and your own units?

Edited by Gundy

Hi

I was wondering is it possible to make forms so we can send back SALTA, LACE, Med 9-liners , CAS 9-liners, IED 10-liners and firemissions on the tablets as that would free up comms a lot and even get the individual messages sent to someone so we could use it for C3I (Command, Control, Communications and intelligence) so our command container will show our commander the overall picture our medic team and our chinooks where to pick up and/or treat wounded so our FSG team and artillery can coordinate who fires on which target and avoid blue on blue incidents so logistic knows where we need ammo and the commander can issue orders on the fly , our sappers can come and remove IED etc etc....

But forms would be really help full preferably some which was adaptable as all most all clan/Companys/Brigades use different ones :yay:

Really nice Mod by the way

Hi

I was wondering is it possible to make forms so we can send back SALTA, LACE, Med 9-liners , CAS 9-liners, IED 10-liners and firemissions on the tablets as that would free up comms a lot and even get the individual messages sent to someone so we could use it for C3I (Command, Control, Communications and intelligence) so our command container will show our commander the overall picture our medic team and our chinooks where to pick up and/or treat wounded so our FSG team and artillery can coordinate who fires on which target and avoid blue on blue incidents so logistic knows where we need ammo and the commander can issue orders on the fly , our sappers can come and remove IED etc etc....

But forms would be really help full preferably some which was adaptable as all most all clan/Companys/Brigades use different ones :yay:

Really nice Mod by the way

Thanks for the suggestion. Do you envision the forms to just be a collection of text input fields? Or even just a free-form text template to be selectable from a list?

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 ----------

- The little PiP thing with the UAV feed does not seem to properly represent the center of the camera's view. Gunner wanted to show me something but my PiP was way off. (my settings were maxed out)

See my reply to your issue report on GitHub:

I ran some tests, but I couldn't find the UAV feed to be off center. Perhaps the camera direction of the UAV model or the position of the UAV had not been updated due to network lag or a large distance between the player and the UAV (increased distance seems to slow down positional updates).

Hey Gundy. You're doing a great job with the mod picking up from where Riouken left off!

I have a couple of requests:

-Can you please add the helmet cam item back in-game? Relying on the model with all the mods people run, well... isn't reliable. Having the item to put in your inventory regardless of which helmet you have again would be very nice.

-Is there a way to customize the message sound? The old one was nice, the new one is... not.

I'm really glad you picked up the project and are running with it and making a lot of positive changes. You've done some really cool shit.

what do you think of cotegorizing it as a facewear item or a night vision item? and also would it be possible to add an IR laser to the helmet cam, so that a squad/team lead can kind of use it as a battlefield pointing device for other squads or air assets while still keeping weapon trained in a different direction??

Thanks for the suggestion. Do you envision the forms to just be a collection of text input fields? Or even just a free-form text template to be selectable from a list?

The first would prolly be the best fit for us but both would be usefull

Where would the answers/Transmissions be saved as we would prolly like to put them up on the screen on the command container from Arctic-fox (So we could have a screen with fire missions / one with contacts one with casualties etc...)

When Guy A flies the UAV with the regular UAV Terminal and Guy B uses Ctab to steer the camera at the same time everything works nice. But as soon as guy C tries to access the UAV feed full screen as well, guy B's game goes all weird and he has to reconnect. No "Another guy is already streaming" message came up which only appears if guy A is not in the driver) So an additional function to see the gunner's view full screen without assuming control would be awesome, if that is even possible.

Looked at this in detail today and unfortunately haven't been able to come up with a fix. Here is the reply on the issue tracked on GitHub:

Doesn't seem fixable at the moment as there is no command that reliably returns if the gunner position is currently being remote controlled. The currently used method via UAVControl only works as long as there is not a driver currently connected. As soon as there is a driver, that command will only return the driver, but not if there is a gunner.

See BI feedback tracker: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23693

---------- Post added at 02:05 ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 ----------

Can you please add the helmet cam item back in-game? Relying on the model with all the mods people run, well... isn't reliable. Having the item to put in your inventory regardless of which helmet you have again would be very nice.

It is still there, just not as obvious unfortunately. Some things good to know:

- As it no longer occupies the radio slot, it won't be selectable via Arsenal. Just pick it from a crate and drop it anywhere on your inventory or have it added to your inventory via the mission.

- The list of available helmet cameras is now only updated every 30 seconds, so it takes up to 30 seconds for a helmet camera to show up once a unit is has been equipped.

- Your own helmet camera is currently hidden from your tablet. I will be addressing this in the upcoming patch as it seems to be the main source for some recent confusions.

Is there a way to customize the message sound? The old one was nice, the new one is... not.

Not at the moment, but I will see if I can add an option or two. The change was made because I had reports of the old one being to obtrusive.

Thanks for all the praise, it really means a lot. Been enjoying your videos and from other members of your unit, allowing me to see how cTab is being used. I rarely get to make use of it myself unfortunately.

---------- Post added at 02:12 ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 ----------

The first would prolly be the best fit for us but both would be usefull

Where would the answers/Transmissions be saved as we would prolly like to put them up on the screen on the command container from Arctic-fox (So we could have a screen with fire missions / one with contacts one with casualties etc...)

Okay, so you mean to have access to these message from outside cTab for processing? Will be adding that to the feature request. Just not sure if and when I will be able to get to it as there is a lot to do and its currently just me (and Raspu doing the awesome models).

---------- Post added at 02:18 ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 ----------

FYI, there will be an update soon to support the new CBA keybinding API that was released a couple of days ago.

Edited by Gundy

what do you think of cotegorizing it as a facewear item or a night vision item?

The trouble with categorizing the helmet cam item as any of these is that it will be automatically swapped with whatever was in that slot before, whenever the selection is done with a right-click from the inventory. Of course the user can then manually move the helmet cam back to the general inventory and re-add the item that previously occupied that slot.

Categorizing it as night vision might be a good middle-ground since at the moment the helmet cam is near-useless at night and a lot of people seem to elect to not wearing night-vision gear during daytime operations. On the other hand I am not sure if the inherited night-vision capability can be disabled (you don't want someone with just a helmet-cam to be able to press "n" and get night-vision just as if he had proper night-vision gear). Something to look into.

would it be possible to add an IR laser to the helmet cam, so that a squad/team lead can kind of use it as a battlefield pointing device for other squads or air assets while still keeping weapon trained in a different direction??

Probably possible, though I currently have no experience with that. Will add it to the growing list of future things to look at.

Is there any way to set multiple ID's for people in a group? Say B/1/0 and B/1/A In the same group? using setgroupid doesn't work for this

Is there any way to set multiple ID's for people in a group? Say B/1/0 and B/1/A In the same group? using setgroupid doesn't work for this

No, a group can only have a single group ID. You could split the group into two.

Is there a cTAB function that one can call to re-initialize cTAB?

The reason I am asking is that I am assigning callsigns with (setGroupID) after the mission has loaded. cTAB does not pickup the setGroupID when initialized after mission load

Example:

_passedCallSign = _this select 0; {[[mySampleGroup,[_passedCallSign]],'setGroupID',true,true] call BIS_FNC_MP;} forEach Units mySampleGroup;    

Is there a cTAB function that one can call to re-initialize cTAB?

The reason I am asking is that I am assigning callsigns with (setGroupID) after the mission has loaded. cTAB does not pickup the setGroupID when initialized after mission load

Example:

_passedCallSign = _this select 0; {[[mySampleGroup,[_passedCallSign]],'setGroupID',true,true] call BIS_FNC_MP;} forEach Units mySampleGroup;    

cTab does re-build the list of units every 30 seconds and refreshes the groupIDs at the same time (manually call cTab_fnc_updateLists to update outside of that cycle). I can only assume that there is something incorrect regarding the command you are sending. Not sure how you pass something both sides of the command using BIS_fnc_MP since the correct syntax for setGroupID is

_group1 setGroupId ["Assault Squad"]

according to BIKI.

Also not sure where you have to execute that command, likely where the group-leader is local (target parameter of BIS_fnc_MP).

Edited by Gundy