riouken

cTab - Commander's Tablet - FBCB2, Bluforce Tracker, UAV, and Helmetcam Interface

New version of Ctab (1.2.0.2) seems to ignore user made group markers (you get the standard group name -for example: Alpha 1-2 , not the one you define).

Edit : solved, not a Ctab problem.

Edited by goldenfiver

New version of Ctab (1.2.0.2)

Is this public? Could not find an announcement.

Is this public? Could not find an announcement.

its in PWS. The bug I found still happens, no idea why. (markers show normally when you open MCC for example, but when you use cTab all you get it alpha 1-3 etc)

As far as I can see it must be a typo on PWS since no file have been modified after october 2013 in the pbo.

is there anyway to have the required items to show up in VAS (virtual ammo system) so this can be used in any mission which has VAS?

is there anyway to have the required items to show up in VAS (virtual ammo system) so this can be used in any mission which has VAS?

they are already in VAS

CTAB

Helmet cam

Android Phone thing

nope, they aren't showing up for me in VAS...not without editing anyway. CTAB is enabled since I see it in the arma main menu...but I looked through VAS 10 times and saw nothing to put into my inventory. Any ideas why?

nope, they aren't showing up for me in VAS...not without editing anyway. CTAB is enabled since I see it in the arma main menu...but I looked through VAS 10 times and saw nothing to put into my inventory. Any ideas why?

Works for me in a fresh mission with latest VAS. Maybe VAS is in "hardcoded items" "mode" in this particular mission?

Seems to be working ok today...I see it in VAS now, dunno why it wasn't there yesterday....maybe I just needed a reboot or something.

Edited by BigShot

Some issues I am seeking help with:

1. Having some trouble using cTab tablet or Android while piloting a helicopter using a HOTAS setup. Whenever I make the tablet or Android device visible, the helicopter starts falling out of the sky (throttle for one seems to be set back to minimum). Does anyone know a way around this?

2. Helicopters do not seem to have the in-vehicle tablet available. Would it be possible to have a version of it available specifically for for helicopters and airplanes? Slightly larger map area than the Android device, something that one can keep visible and where you can bind HOTAS keys to its various basic actions like zooming in and out.

Gundy, use digital collective raise/throttle before opening it.

On another note, the ctab spams the server rpt quite a lot with this:

20:11:20 Error in expression < _unit);

_chk_all_items = _chk_items + _chk_asgnItems;

if (("ItemcTab" in _chk>

20:11:20 Error position: <_chk_asgnItems;

if (("ItemcTab" in _chk>

20:11:20 Error Undefined variable in expression: _chk_asgnitems

20:11:20 File cTab\server_init.sqf, line 22

Might we see an update fixing this soon?

Sorry if this has been written before, but we miss that one can run or walk while using Ctab
http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11577 , that's right here; http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?166488-cTab-Commander-s-Tablet-FBCB2-Bluforce-Tracker-UAV-and-Helmetcam-Interface

which is the first page... yeah we miss it...

Just so you guys know, Riouken is still around. He's been busy with the monster known as "IRL" and will hopefully be back "soon"â„¢.

Hey guys anyone know why im getting this error when I press the "UAV Video Feeds" button.

12_zps00152d2e.jpg

Thought when I press "close" everyone works fine, I dont know why its doing this - would like it to be error free :)

Hey guys anyone know why im getting this error when I press the "UAV Video Feeds" button.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk10/djkaplin/12_zps00152d2e.jpg

Thought when I press "close" everyone works fine, I dont know why its doing this - would like it to be error free :)

Its a bug in the current version of cTab. All I can say is that it has been fixed in the next release.

Could the mod maker provide a way to bind the keys using CBA Keybinding.

Hi Bumgie, thanks for your feedback. Yes, adding the new CBA key binding is already planned.

Guys I wanted to say thank you to all the support of cTab. Also I wanted to make an announcement, Gundy is now a developer(incase you couldn't tell from his posts in this thread:) ) for cTab and he has done some outstanding work on cTab.

Nice one :p great to see some more development. Did you see "BWMod & AGM"? They use helm camera + navi pad for also some sort you did? Would be cool to have some infos to share for both mods.

Nice one :p great to see some more development. Did you see "BWMod & AGM"? They use helm camera + navi pad for also some sort you did? Would be cool to have some infos to share for both mods.

Yes, I did see that, though I have so far only checked out their videos on it. Do you mean have both systems able to communicate with one another?

I really like your mod. Plane drops bombs where I tell it to and then bugs off. Something 'Support-module' bomb run-planes don't do.

I only have a few issues and one is spelling. "Your request has ben send". Should be "Your request has been sent".

Then theres "THIS IS alpha. something something OUT". I'd like to see "This is Alpha, engaging target, Out". A mix of uppercase and lowercase looks a bit weird.

And one last thing, a feature request. When looking at the map in the tablet and following the plane/helicopter, why can't I zoom in/out?

Other than that, perfect mod in my opinion.

I really like your mod. Plane drops bombs where I tell it to and then bugs off. Something 'Support-module' bomb run-planes don't do.

I only have a few issues and one is spelling. "Your request has ben send". Should be "Your request has been sent".

Then theres "THIS IS alpha. something something OUT". I'd like to see "This is Alpha, engaging target, Out". A mix of uppercase and lowercase looks a bit weird.

And one last thing, a feature request. When looking at the map in the tablet and following the plane/helicopter, why can't I zoom in/out?

Are you sure this is about cTab?

Yes Gundy, perhaps look @ AGM, its opensource mod that really improves gameplay like ACE2 for Arma2 did. Bwmod is like "new" hardware, AGM is then software :D