riouken

cTab - Commander's Tablet - FBCB2, Bluforce Tracker, UAV, and Helmetcam Interface

Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions. I apologize for not posting much the last few weeks. I had some health problems that took me away from the game for a bit. I am easing back in and I hope that I can release an update soon for everyone.

Very nice mod mate - Clean and looks great!

A few points/questions/ideas/requests:

Helmet cam functionality is not working on first opening for your own helmet cam - If you close and reopen it works though. Also throws a script error when initially opening helmet cam screen (until you have clicked on yourself once) in:

player_init.sqf line 355

drawIcon - 0 elements provided, 3 expected

Is it possible to get the in game time displayed on the FBCB2 screen? This make it a lot more streamlined looking at the user reports (which is an awesome feature by the way... VERY nice implementation!)

Is it possible to disable tracking for specific vehicles? eg I haven't seen UAVs tracked on FBCB2 before real life but I have also been in instances where only one vehicle was equipped out of a group.

Map textures - is it possible to default to map textures off? (I HATE map textures... topo maps all the way!) Or maybe a toggle map textures option?

There is no Arty/MOR mil symbol currently - The Mortars are just a rectangle and the armoured OS platforms just have the Armoured symbol (Arty indicated by a dot in the middle)

Guessing it would not really be possible but is there scope for Map scrolling in UAV/helmet cam map screens? Or at least zoom in/out functions?

Is there a workaround to allow independents to be tracked? Is this something that is likely to come in the future or is it not feasible?

Overall - great mod mate... really impressive implementation of it and the ability to send messages (if it is manageable) would be the icing on the cake. Top notch work!!!

(Side note - How is the functionality in MP/Dedicated server?)

Hi Riouken

Thanks for your cTab, we have been using it for our first clan Campaign (6 missions) and it has proven to be an excellent tool, bringing more immersion into the game.

Especially, when using a " no magic map markers" philosophy. This allows for FTL`s and commanders to communicate better without spending a lot of time on the radios.

For some reason it's not working for me. I have user action 12 bound, tablet in my inventory and the key action doesn't do anything. Not even in test mission supplied with mod.

I use "\" and it works fine.

For some reason it's not working for me. I have user action 12 bound, tablet in my inventory and the key action doesn't do anything. Not even in test mission supplied with mod.

Are you using Ctrl or Shift or Alt modifiers, these can cause issues with user keys, but not normal mappings. Not always but just a thought.

I have no issues with just plain T

Are you using Ctrl or Shift or Alt modifiers, these can cause issues with user keys, but not normal mappings. Not always but just a thought.

I have no issues with just plain T

I do. Thanks!

any news for an update for this great mod? Will it be possible to intigrate BWMod, its a new faction. Would be cool to hear more about it!

Thanks for the interest guys. I am about 70% done with the next update. But its got a lot of moving parts that deal with mp so I'm working to make sure it functions well.

As to the faction question. Yes in my new version you can use other factions other than NATO. But only one faction at a time can use BFT.

Now that the Holliday's are over I have more time to code so I will hopefully have more info soon for everyone.

Awesome Rio! nice to see that even the FIA could use the Tablet? Funny if there was a captured tablet exploit....

Not sure if this has been asked but; is there a way to hide a unit from cTab, for example a vehicle or similar.

Not sure if this has been asked but; is there a way to hide a unit from cTab, for example a vehicle or similar.

No not at this time. But I will think about it for a future update.

I have finished my update and we are doing some large scale testing. If no large game breaking bugs are found I will release the update later this week.

Outstanding Mod. great work.

I notice that crew served static weapons come up in the ctab overlay with automatically assigned groupids. Is there a way to remove this so that every crew weapon on the map doesn't show up with random designations?

My squad and I only tested the devices during a couple of training sessions and we are now eagerly counting each and every hours before we can put them in use during our weekly immersive coop session.

We may have have one or two wishes though and would be very thankful if you could tell hod do you feel about them.

First we would like to be able to receive feeds from Feints' RQ-11B RAVEN instead of the regular UAV.

Second, we would like a lot to send KevsnoTrev' Nine Lines Medevac from the Android device to the tablets.

(I'm almost having a braingasm just thinking about them.)

What do you think Riouken?

I will see what I can do on my end for the compatibility. Sounds like a good plan.

Really awesome mod, thank you for creating and sharing!

First we would like to be able to receive feeds from Feints' RQ-11B RAVEN instead of the regular UAV.

Second, we would like a lot to send KevsnoTrev' Nine Lines Medevac from the Android device to the tablets.

(I'm almost having a braingasm just thinking about them.)

What do you think Riouken?

Yes, yes! An 'App Store', of sorts. Where people could add new icons to the CTab or androids, that do other functions added by other community modders.

Another gentleman for example released a script recently for a mission he was working on, where you locate an enemy laptop and download critical data from it. What if that could be added as a icon on C-tablet screen that says ~"wifi detected, click to download data".

Other folks have released various CAS scripts, or mortar support scripts etc.

Riouken, would it be possible to have helmets which have cam modeled on them to recognized as a valid helmetcam by cTab?

AFAIK, helmets with cam on are:

H_HelmetB_light

H_HelmetSpecB

(and thier subclasses)

Great addon and it's a pretty cool toy to play with, getting other members to figure it out is harder to do then figure the cTab, so kudoes on the work. However, where is the Text Messaging System and how can I obtain it.

As in the video below at about the 8:45ish mark....

www(.)youtube(.)com/watch?v=tlw_lKhkyOE&list=UUEsulGl9jUniHTRkwDep5Hw

Hi Everyone,

are there known any technical issues with this mod? I would like to roll it out in a community - so if there are known issues, I would appreciate some hints before I run into a wall. :)

Also - did someone experience a lower FPS on the server caused bei cTAB?

THX for the Info in advance!

I see, the 15th MEU(SOC) is using it – so I guess it should be pretty stable.

Edited by relain