riouken

cTab - Commander's Tablet - FBCB2, Bluforce Tracker, UAV, and Helmetcam Interface

Very nice addition, been waiting for this one

However, it seems you need to have Community Base Addon ( @cba ) enabled.

I got an error message saying "Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found" when I only Enabled cTab in the configure. I removed the classmod line in my Arma3profile.cfg to have it open the game again and went back in and enabled @cba and @ctab, now it works.

Is this intended?

Yours

Pro

Now it works for me.

Only single keybindings are allowed.

Funny, same thing here.

Only seems to work with single keybindings.

Am I doing something wrong?

Is a nice addon, but it works as a script. No have ammobox for get these items, VAS Virtual Ammobox System not show the equipment of the cTab. If the editor not include scripts lines in the mission, this addon not work, for my this is not good. I hope in the futur updates include ammobox with this items, and vehicles have this equipment without activating the code in the editor.

Another problem is the helmetcam, which is placed in the box of radio, if you have a helmetcam have no radio in the ACRE? makes no sense, seek another solution, eg put it on the clock, which is almost never used.

But is a good addon, nice work.

Is a nice addon, but it works as a script. No have ammobox for get these items, VAS Virtual Ammobox System not show the equipment of the cTab. If the editor not include scripts lines in the mission, this addon not work, for my this is not good. I hope in the futur updates include ammobox with this items, and vehicles have this equipment without activating the code in the editor.

Another problem is the helmetcam, which is placed in the box of radio, if you have a helmetcam have no radio in the ACRE? makes no sense, seek another solution, eg put it on the clock, which is almost never used.

ACRE does not have to be in the radio slot, just in your inventory, same with this, it defaults to going there, but your able to move it to your personal inventory. Also on VAS its Items>MISC and scroll to the bottom,

hmmm how can i change the wallpaper for the Windows Desktop at the big tablet? Maybe i want some Guns or girls or both as wallpaper!? XD

Can I suggest maybe having the cTab only show units who have a GPS (or similar device) in their inventory.... more realistic.

ACRE does not have to be in the radio slot, just in your inventory, same with this, it defaults to going there, but your able to move it to your personal inventory. Also on VAS its Items>MISC and scroll to the bottom,

Ok im using old VAS version, in this not work, but in the last 2.0 work. I dont know radio and cTab work in the inventory, not un the slots, thanks.

hi Riouken,

I tried out the testm ission today and had a couple of errors pop up using the cTab

This one when I first went into the Helmet Cam feed - everything still appeared to function. But it has spammed the rpt file.

I believe its due to having nothing selected when opening for the first time

Error in expression <_pos = getPosATL _obj;

_cntrlScreen drawIcon [_texture,cTabColorBlue,_pos, c>
 Error position: <drawIcon [_texture,cTabColorBlue,_pos, c>
 Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
File cTab\player_init.sqf, line 355

And this one if I pressed the delete marker too many times - I think it goes below a count of 1 in the array.

Error in expression <_size = count _array;
_element = _array select (_size - 1);
_array resize (_size>
 Error position: <select (_size - 1);
_array resize (_size>
 Error Zero divisor
File A3\functions_f\arrays\fn_arrayPop.sqf, line 22

Thanks for the bug report, I see if I can work it out and have a fix for the next update.

Very nice addition, been waiting for this one

However, it seems you need to have Community Base Addon ( @cba ) enabled.

I got an error message saying "Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found" when I only Enabled cTab in the configure. I removed the classmod line in my Arma3profile.cfg to have it open the game again and went back in and enabled @cba and @ctab, now it works.

Is this intended?

Yours

Pro

Yes CBA_A3 is required , sorry I did not make that as clear in my first post as I should have. I have updated the first post, CBA_A3 is required for this mod(Really everyone should always run this mod, it is so useful, it should be in the game) sorry about the confusion.

Funny, same thing here.

Only seems to work with single keybindings.

Am I doing something wrong?

Not sure what is causing that, Ill take a look and see if I can fix it.

As I posted above in the thread, the items do not have to stay in the assigned items slots in your inventory, you can move them out to your vest,uniform or elsewhere. As long as you have the item in "Your" gear it will work for all intents and purposes for the mod.

As to the ammo box, cTab items will show up in VTS as long as the mission maker has not restricted VTS items. go to items then his miscellaneous and the cTab items will be the last three items. Also if people would like a cTab ammobox included with the mod I can easily make one that you can drop down in the editor.

---------- Post added at 07:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

Can I suggest maybe having the cTab only show units who have a GPS (or similar device) in their inventory.... more realistic.

Dismounted troops will not show on BFT unless they have a Tablet or Android device in their inventory. Thats in cTab right now. Because that is how it works in real life. I consulted with multiple people who have used these systems in Real Life, some of that use was in a combat Theater.

I have just tested it again on another dedicated server of yours. Server keys and signatures are not working.

If your key is correct, you can use the "German Ballerbude Public Server 2" to test new approaches to produce working signatures for ctab. We got your serverkey and verifysig=2 activated there.

Edited by Predator.v2

We don't use the keys on our servers(we password) but when I get home I will test these keys and figure out what's wrong with them. I will fix them asap.

Dismounted troops will not show on BFT unless they have a Tablet or Android device in their inventory. Thats in cTab right now. Because that is how it works in real life. I consulted with multiple people who have used these systems in Real Life, some of that use was in a combat Theater.

epic, I didn't realise. Good work man.

This is just what we have been looking for.

Thanks from everyone at Rg for the hard work.

First: thanks for this mod, i really like it.

But...is necessarily need to edit the mission, adding items in initialization boxes, every time? VTS is not the solution: if i add devices from virtual box, VTS automatically substitute (ACRE) radio with them. Not only in radio-slot, COMPLETALY. Dissapear from inventory. Rightly so: do the same when you substitute helmet A with helmet B.

Edited by Armilio

First: thanks for this mod, i really like it.

But...is necessarily need to edit the mission, adding items in initialization boxes, every time? VTS is not the solution: if i add devices from virtual box, VTS automatically substitute (ACRE) radio with them. Not only in radio-slot, COMPLETALY. Dissapear from inventory. Rightly so: do the same when you substitute helmet A with helmet B.

Put the item in your inventory, exit VTS, move it to a backpack/ non gear slot, then go back into VTS.

Put the item in your inventory, exit VTS, move it to a backpack/ non gear slot, then go back into VTS.

Yep.

It's a VTS issue, and this is the easy workaround.

Heads up!

When using cTAB and Helmet cam - The unit you are observing will be hanging still in the air if the unit is airborn. You'll have to keep clicking the Unit camlist.

Yes, work, thanks.

But, by the way, i think this mod deserves more attention, but cannot have this attention if it don't work like ACRE, for example. Without using editor or also VTS: VTS is not in all missions. Every time i would play a mission with friends, i should edit that mission: open pbo, copy file, open game, edit mission, recreate PBO. It's annoying stuff, you known. Is not for everyone work with PBO-file and editor. For example i think will not be easy persuade my clan to use this mod, only for this reason; because the idea is really appreciated. It's a little disappointment.

My two cents, off course.

Thanks for a really cool addon :)

I'm having a problem with it though that I haven't been able to figure out.

I can't get the helmet cams to work on our dedicated server. They work fine in editor and local server but when running on the dedicated server the list is empty. Exactly the same mission on all three. cTab pbos on both server and clients, all units carrying helmetcams... all units uniquely named... but no helmet view :(

Blufor tracker and UAV works fine.

any ideas?

Edited by Watarimono

By the way. With ctab we were able to control one mh9 cas (2x GBU loadout) with two players. One flying, the other one lasing a target for bomb drop. Awesome shiiiiit!

You're not supposed to be able to actually control the UAV with cTab. Were you actually manually flying, and are you sure you didn't have a UAV terminal in your inventory as well?

Take UAV controls. But even without that, one players can use the UAV terminal to control the UAV and another player can use CTab to lase targets from the turret. No more stupid AI flying drones..

This is a great mod and you did an awesome job. We have some feedback on the blue force tracker mainly the names of the players holding a tablet.

The problem comes to is we want to have some members of the fireteam have a different callsign. If you type "this setGroupId ["Foxtrot 1-6"];" for the platoon leader great. Now if you type "this setGroupId ["Foxtrot 1-7"];" for the Platoon Sergeant this is where the problem is. When you open up BFT you see the Platoon Leader and the Platoon Sergeant have the same callsign, Foxtrot 1-7. Now if the Platoon Sergeant were to die in the mission the groups callsign would be set to 1-6. It would be nice if you could edit your callsign on the fly.

Keep up the great work. We are looking forward to future updates.

Edited by Source

Is it as realistic as real life BFTs that break all the time and take minutes to send a simple text message? I kid, I kid :P

Great mod, question is there a possibility to change standard groupnames and "designations" to custom ones that one use on thei missions?

Edit: Ack my bad i just saw the Source post two posts up. ignore this

Edited by Matte54