Sign in to follow this  
Antorugby

[SP] Pedro 6

2hsaptg.jpg

You are Pedro 6, your job is to save lifes, and you will do it.

Download:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=184290401

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23001

http://www.mediafire.com/download/j45nnmlp0bn0m8g/Pedro-6.Altis.pbo

This is an helicopter mission with random locations, your job is to get where the wounded is, load him and take him to the base.

For now the tasks are not that various, so let me know d your suggestion, but only based on medevac stuff, bugs etc.

The rope tasks, are a little bit clunky, but I decided to take them in the mission, you should stay very still with your chopper or it will not work, but even if you fail you can still play the mission.

Features:

Random Locations

Use of the rope to save the injured soldiers.

Change time of the mission.

Soldiers will use flares and chemlight at night.

Hot Lz.

AA Area.

Big Thanks:

Of course to the Bohemia forum, and all the users that every day write code and help many people.

Giallustio and his BTC Logistic script that I edited a little bit for the fast rope.

A really really big thanks to Sxp2high, he helped/showed/teached a lo and he even wrote a big part of the mission code, thank you man, I made it thanks to you.

Also guys, check out his "Workhorse" mission for Arma 2, I loved it, and i get the ispiration from that.

Edited by Antorugby

Congrats on the release! :)

Great mission, I can highly recommend it. Fun to play, challenging, smooth performance.

Some nice little touches and lively, authentic looking LZs.

Must have for all virtual pilots, and those who want to become one... :thumbsup:

Only thing missing is a non-steam link :lookaround:

Thank you for your post sxp2high, just added another source for the download!

The dropbox link asks for registration.

Please fix it ;)

Sounds interesting! Will give it a try, time to brush up my helicopter skills! Thanks already!

I updated the mission, now your flares will be rearmed when you refuel and repair the chopper, also I removed some AA and changed their position, it should be more difficult to get locked when you fly near the red zones.

Just gave it a few rounds and must say, it's really a brilliant mission! You can see how much passion you guys put in it.

Here's some comments, still rating the mission stellar already:

- I wasn't able to spot the guy in the water and the diver said "lower", so I did but he didn't jump. What should I do?

- How large is the radius around the LZ in which you're allowed to land? Do you have to get out? Wasn't clear there.

- I keep missing the radiomessages, giving you the details of the next assignment. Maybe add a simple radioclick sound?

- Do you plan to add voices like "Over here!" or voices of pain of the injured?

Thanks for this great mission!

Mhmh, actually you gave some cool ideas, thank you!

I'm thinking of removing that water task, the rope stuff it's clunky, also the unit act strange in the water, sometimes the unit go underwater and it's difficult to spot, especially when you miss the smoke, probably in that case you weren't right above the unit.

You don't have to get out, the range if I remember correctly is max 200 meters from the injured soldier, you land and wait for a soldier to carry the wounded in the chopper.

Yeah, I think that adding a radio sound is a good idea, will do it.

Mhmh, this is something that I should work on and sees out It works out!

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 4

No, leave the water task in, just make it work! I really liked the idea of rescuing a lonely soul of the ocean. Maybe find a workaround, like adding a red item underwater that looks like the water is tinted as in real life. If you don't get the rope work in a better way, spawn a rescueboat out of sight, once you're at the LZ and let that pick up the wounded and diver. And increase the radius for the diver to jump.

And concerning the land missions, would be cool if the fieldsoldiers would keep you up to date, repeating the state of the wounded and how long it will take. Also some sounds of the Medic or the injured during flight would be cool, depending on how critical it is. This would create another link to the injured.

The three victims I picked up all survived, will there be soldiers dying as well? Maybe during flight?

Thanks

No, leave the water task in, just make it work! I really liked the idea of rescuing a lonely soul of the ocean. Maybe find a workaround, like adding a red item underwater that looks like the water is tinted as in real life. If you don't get the rope work in a better way, spawn a rescueboat out of sight, once you're at the LZ and let that pick up the wounded and diver. And increase the radius for the diver to jump.

And concerning the land missions, would be cool if the fieldsoldiers would keep you up to date, repeating the state of the wounded and how long it will take. Also some sounds of the Medic or the injured during flight would be cool, depending on how critical it is. This would create another link to the injured.

The three victims I picked up all survived, will there be soldiers dying as well? Maybe during flight?

Thanks

The water tasks is just the best that I can do, increasing the radius and other things create others problem, this is the only way that I found to make it work at least, I suggest you to play the mission at night, the soldier in the water will have a chemlight so he will be easier to spot!

Ehehe I like the last part of your post, but it looks like a big part of code, I'm not sure If I'm that good, sorry.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 4