Sign in to follow this  
PapaRomeo

New steam update

Just started Steam today, and an update around 400-500mb was downloaded.

I am using development patches, but can't see any news about it.

What is it?

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm using a i7 2600k, with a GTX780, so I can get the game running good in SP.

Just waiting for the campaign now :-)

Is this an official patch though? Why would a Development patch be put out by Steam?

Is this an official patch though? Why would a Development patch be put out by Steam?

Because there is a development branch where stuff gets tested and a stable branch where stuff that is tested and passes QA is released in patches.

Because there is a development branch where stuff gets tested and a stable branch where stuff that is tested and passes QA is released in patches.

Which sucks because you cant roll back a patch like arma 2, only DEV or STABLE!

..and further split the already split MP?

Anyway i respect your POV and i believe Player (customer) should have more and moar choices but..

MP is somewhat get the benefit -and it will be more when DEV and STABLE got to a point

which will be MP compatible (long live the past).

This is F'ed up, if I'm being made to be a beta tester for some dumb Development branch via Steam (via BIS). My current 1.02 works fine. I'm out of town at the moment, but if upon return I have to have some auto update by Steam that is ridiculous.

You must not realize how this process works at all. Default, you're on the stable branch. If you MANUALLY OPT IN to the Development branch, then you get the download. If not, then you don't. Simple as that.

You can have multiple installs. Install the stable as a standalone via steamcmd and only update that when it or steam itself gets updated and keep your main steam install as the dev branch that gets updated daily.

So far.... i think its a good idea to sign op for the Development branch in Arma 3

BUG FOUND: Remove your attachments, try to drag and drop it to your gun, that won't work. Right click it from your inventory and it'll get drop to the ground, now right click it from the ground and it'll attach to your gun, its pretty inconvenient, but I use to be able to drag and drop it...

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15275

Edited by Phantom Six

Because ALL Arma 3 patches are put out by Steam...