Benny.

[SP/MP] BeCTI

I was talking about settings for persistent server, w/o any touch from admin (using -autoInit to autostart mission)

thus I need define AI limits w/o need of admin via GUI

Hi dwarden !

When you want a good playable version, define 6 squadmember for each team an reduce the players to 40.

Should be enough fun and wheny you meet the opposing force it should run playable.

Only my 2cents.

And to your question i think not but when someone will try to run them over zbe caching.

Mayby we get some good results out of it.

But a good Hc support for some heavy scripts ect. would be much better but i think its a hard task to realize to implement it in this mission.

@Biostalker

In any circumstance pls check that this isn`t possible.

With a little knowledge of mathematics we have 63 KI leads without your slot, so we have like dwarden tell us 12 AI members per team.

So thats 756 KI units in the field, the server is somewhere by 10fps so you can never reach 35 fps with the best pc setup you can get out there, because the server slow your system down too.

But when you have the holy grail for the client pls tell us how you managed this we all will love you for this. We all want to manage the impossible ;).

So first your are trolling me and think this is funny or you just have grapho-legasthenia, or what i believe you have looked into the sky or at the sea and have 35fps for a short time, but this would be a awesome result anyway for your setup.

I wouldn't of played if it was 10 fps. Your sarcasm would make me laugh if it didn't piss me off. I played 600 hours on a Amd X2 235e 6 GB DDR2 and that same 550TI before I quit for a year and 10 fps was my average fps. If at any point since I built my new rig I was to get 10fps, in any mission, it would have caused me to leave. Instead I played for hours, captured half the map. Came back the next day, tried to run artillary battery, didn't work. Never went below 25fps, never went above 40. My Rig is i5 4790k/8gb ddr3/550TI SSD(graphic card comes later). I was there last night without the ai. I went back this morning. Vote admin is disabled or I would be making your video as we speak.

Edited by Biostalker

Is anyone who plays Sari's version having trouble buying gear? Trying to buy the new weapons gets kind of funny. Sometimes they don't work with backpacks, or launchers. And other times all the default equipment like the map, radio, compass and GPS go away and I can't buy them back. Is it an intentional restriction? Like you can't hold a launcher and a heavy machine gun at the same time? I don't see anything in the config that looks like that's what's going on. I can buy the launcher, drop it on the ground, then buy the rifle and pick the launcher up off the ground. That works, but is a pain the butt to repeat every time I die.

OK, after playing awhile, all the gear works fine as long as you don't try to buy a heavy weapon, like the new machineguns or the MAR10, with a launcher. Sari, or anyone who knows, what do I edit to make it possible to buy both of these weapons. Does it have something to do with CTI_TYPE_RIFLE2H?

Edited by Perineum

so I just realized why my server FPS was only 10 cause there was 64 AI teams with up to 12 groups each with up to 12 AI units roaming around ...

(so ye after while there was A LOT of AI eating all the CPUs)

so I've disabled the AI teams for time being

--

now, I do wonder can I easily define in config Params amount of AI teams? e.g. 2-8 active AI teams only

atm. from the list below I don't see such option, only on/off and sizes when on and possible to prevent anyone join AI team (on JIP)

CTI_AI_TEAMS_JIP_PRESERVE = ?;
CTI_AI_COMMANDER_ENABLED = ?;
CTI_AI_TEAMS_ENABLED = ?;
CTI_AI_TEAMS_GROUPSIZE = ?;
CTI_AI_PLAYER_TEAMS_GROUPSIZE = ?;

and this brings me to another question , anyone has yet linked BeCTI with ALIVE ?

The parameter 'AI: Team Size (AI)' (which links to CTI_AI_TEAMS_GROUPSIZE) will reduce the max group size of each AI team. If you still want AI teams with a 64 slot server I'd suggest setting it really low (3?). Currently there is no way to limit the number of AI teams, other than to remove playable slots from the mission. I could look into doing something like this I guess.

Thanks Sari!

The one issue I'm still having though is that in SP, I don't see any BLUEFOR AI spawn at all at the beginning of the game. I'm still wondering if that's an issue or something I just misunderstood about the scenario.

In SP the parameters are ignored. You'll have to open up the mission file, goto common > init > init_commonconstants.sqf, look for 'CTI_AI_TEAMS_ENABLED' and make sure its set to 1

Is anyone who plays Sari's version having trouble buying gear? Trying to buy the new weapons gets kind of funny. Sometimes they don't work with backpacks, or launchers. And other times all the default equipment like the map, radio, compass and GPS go away and I can't buy them back. Is it an intentional restriction? Like you can't hold a launcher and a heavy machine gun at the same time? I don't see anything in the config that looks like that's what's going on. I can buy the launcher, drop it on the ground, then buy the rifle and pick the launcher up off the ground. That works, but is a pain the butt to repeat every time I die.

Shouldn't be any restrictions like that. Probably something to do with the new bipod slot - I did have a few issues with pre-saved templates screwing up some of the icons but i thought i'd sorted that. Any chance of a screenshot/video/error message etc. to help me?

Edited by Sari

Shouldn't be any restrictions like that. Probably something to do with the new bipod slot - I did have a few issues with pre-saved templates screwing up some of the icons but i thought i'd sorted that. Any chance of a screenshot/video/error message etc. to help me?

There is no error message. For example, if I try to buy a MAR10 and a Titan launcher, all I end up with is the launcher and no MAR10. I can create template that shows all the gear being there but I don't actually get it when I "buy." If I buy the MAR10 by itself, then try to buy a launcher I lose all my default gear, like the map, radio, compass and GPS.

I was wondering if that's just how BI intended these weapons to be used. All of the smaller weapons, like the MK14 and EMR work fine.

Update: After Sari said he didn't have the same problem I had, I tested again and found that it's the medic slot that seems to get handicapped when trying to buy a heavy weapon and a launcher.

Edited by Perineum

In SP the parameters are ignored. You'll have to open up the mission file, goto common > init > init_commonconstants.sqf, look for 'CTI_AI_TEAMS_ENABLED' and make sure its set to 1

Okay.

Is this the tool I'm supposed to use to do that? http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=416

It says it's for ArmA 1 but I can't find any specifically for ArmA 3.

So I did all that stuff, and Jesus Christ Sari's modification of BECTI is difficult, at least in SP it is.

No matter what, when I start out BLUEFOR is ridiculously outgunned. Every time, the first town we hit is already guarded by at least a tank and an APC while our side is still just a bunch of guys with rockets. The AI squad leaders basically just throw themselves at the first town, repeatedly get wiped out, respawn, die again, etc. They don't even get the time to build squads. In one particular case in Takistan HQ came under attack from canons only a couple minutes into the game.

Is changing the value of "Enable AI Commander" to "1" a mistake? Did that affect something?

Oh, and sometimes when the game starts an HQ vehicle spawns inside a building or something and immediately explodes.

you have any plans of implement full AI commander?

i don't see yet any AI squad to transport another squad. and they can't use any heli and any boat.

Therefore, if the base is made in the center of altis, it cause AIs will stack.

(AI commander will order to proceed towns of opposite shore. but AI squads don't have any river crossing method. once they can't do, they will stack... )

So I did all that stuff, and Jesus Christ Sari's modification of BECTI is difficult, at least in SP it is.

No matter what, when I start out BLUEFOR is ridiculously outgunned. Every time, the first town we hit is already guarded by at least a tank and an APC while our side is still just a bunch of guys with rockets. The AI squad leaders basically just throw themselves at the first town, repeatedly get wiped out, respawn, die again, etc. They don't even get the time to build squads. In one particular case in Takistan HQ came under attack from canons only a couple minutes into the game.

Is changing the value of "Enable AI Commander" to "1" a mistake? Did that affect something?

Oh, and sometimes when the game starts an HQ vehicle spawns inside a building or something and immediately explodes.

You can vary the amount of AI that spawn in towns, or even completely disable them completely with the parameters "Towns: Resistance" and "Towns: Occupation", as you're in SP, you need to look in init_commonconstants for CTI_TOWNS_RESISTANCE and CTI_TOWNS_OCCUPATION and change the values there manually (0 = disabled, 1 = light, 2 = medium, 3 = hard, 4 = impossible). Edit: Also focus on smaller towns to start with, as they spawn less AI as well as less vehicles/armour ratio wise. Don't be charging straight into Pyrgos or Kavala right off the bat and expect an easy life.

As for the AI, you need to provide them with adequate factories and cash for them to buy their own units, as well as setting their buy-types and orders in the 'Teams section of the Commanding Menu' so they get things like MRAPs, APCs, MBTs etc.

The Enable AI commander value will do just that. If you vote for the AI commander with this on, then and AI unit will spawn and take care of base building, upgrades, handling ai teams etc.

Can you tell me which location(s) the HQ doesn't like at the start? Perhaps I need to fiddle a couple of them.

you have any plans of implement full AI commander?

i don't see yet any AI squad to transport another squad. and they can't use any heli and any boat.

Therefore, if the base is made in the center of altis, it cause AIs will stack.

(AI commander will order to proceed towns of opposite shore. but AI squads don't have any river crossing method. once they can't do, they will stack... )

Personally the only work I'm doing on the AI commander/AI Teams is compatibility work to ensure they still function as they did if i changed something that affected them. Whilst I have revamped/tacked on the odd thing here and there I don't plan to do any major work in this area.

What river crossing are you on about? Last time I checked there weren't any rivers completely dividing Altis.

Edited by Sari

What river crossing are you on about? Last time I checked there weren't any rivers completely dividing Altis.

i mean center Bay

You can vary the amount of AI that spawn in towns, or even completely disable them completely with the parameters "Towns: Resistance" and "Towns: Occupation", as you're in SP, you need to look in init_commonconstants for CTI_TOWNS_RESISTANCE and CTI_TOWNS_OCCUPATION and change the values there manually (0 = disabled, 1 = light, 2 = medium, 3 = hard, 4 = impossible). Edit: Also focus on smaller towns to start with, as they spawn less AI as well as less vehicles/armour ratio wise. Don't be charging straight into Pyrgos or Kavala right off the bat and expect an easy life.

As for the AI, you need to provide them with adequate factories and cash for them to buy their own units, as well as setting their buy-types and orders in the 'Teams section of the Commanding Menu' so they get things like MRAPs, APCs, MBTs etc.

The Enable AI commander value will do just that. If you vote for the AI commander with this on, then and AI unit will spawn and take care of base building, upgrades, handling ai teams etc.

Can you tell me which location(s) the HQ doesn't like at the start? Perhaps I need to fiddle a couple of them.

I was already voting for AI commander. AI commander usually just goes for whichever towns are closest. In Chernarus at least, even the small/medium-sized towns are guarded by tanks, sometimes multiple I think. I guess the level of town occupation is higher than in Benny Edition. In Benny Edition I assumed the level of town occupation gradually increased as both sides gained more and more powerful arms. At least that's how it felt on Benny Edition Stratis, or maybe that was just enemy HQ sending out increasingly powerful groups to retake towns. In any case, most towns I've encountered in basic Benny Edition are guarded by one or two squads and one APC.

I'll go back and check what locations the HQ likes to start out in. So far I've been mainly testing Chernarus.

i mean center Bay

Ah OK, all the AI orders essentially boil down to move orders, so if told to move to somewhere across the bay, the AI *should* be capable of figuring out their own path there. I'll take a quick look to see if there's anything obvious clashing in there but if not I'd say that's an arma pathing problem.

I was already voting for AI commander. AI commander usually just goes for whichever towns are closest. In Chernarus at least, even the small/medium-sized towns are guarded by tanks, sometimes multiple I think. I guess the level of town occupation is higher than in Benny Edition. In Benny Edition I assumed the level of town occupation gradually increased as both sides gained more and more powerful arms. At least that's how it felt on Benny Edition Stratis, or maybe that was just enemy HQ sending out increasingly powerful groups to retake towns. In any case, most towns I've encountered in basic Benny Edition are guarded by one or two squads and one APC.

I'll go back and check what locations the HQ likes to start out in. So far I've been mainly testing Chernarus.

Remember the original BECTI predates the introduction of the Mora APC and Kuma MBT, so naturally resistance held towns are a little more heavily guarded now. Had Benny continued development I'm certain they would have been featured in an 'official' release. To be totally honest, an overhaul of the town AI spawning methods is on my todo list because I've never really been happy with the way its currently done, particularly with the infantry groups. As such, the balance isnt perfect atm. Currently I think the chance of seeing MBTs in resistance held towns starts with SV 80 or higher, but there is a lot of randomness/probabilities involved in generating town AI so YMMV.

I'm surprised you're getting HQ issues on Chernarus, those starting points are a direct port from the Arma 2 WFBE mission.

Okay, I checked all the spawn points in all our maps. For starters, from what I can tell any town with an SV above 50 is guarded by multiple armored units, usually two APCs, sometimes also at least one tank. If there's more than one APC of any type, the BLUEFOR teams with starting strength get pummeled. I checked the files of each mission and in all of them town occupation and resistance is already set at "1."

I couldn't repeat the exploding vehicle glitch more than once but there were still some spawn issues that sometimes occurred at certain starting points.

Altis:

The Hunter sometimes spawns partially underground with a starting point at grid 055125.

Chernarus:

Hemtt spawns on top of a fence with a player starting point at 128055.

Stratis (In Stratis I noticed you actually spawn as CSAT fighting against AAF. Is there a way to control that?):

With a player starting point of 023020, two explosions are immediately heard in Agios Cephas. I couldn't determine what they were.

With a starting point at 040065, the Strider sometimes spawns partially underground or flips over upon spawning. HQ sometimes immediately comes under attack.

The Tempest sometimes spawns with its wheels destroyed at a player starting point of 057053, or 037055.

At a player starting point at grid 025011, the Tempest might spawn and flip over. HQ might quickly come under attack.

Takistan:

With a player starting point at grid 035013 (inside a town called Ahmaday), the Hemmt might spawn on a building and immediately explode.

Hi I have a problem again...

If I buy units for an AI Squad , for example Bravo, it counts each unit as if it is bought for my Squad....unit limit reached

although I have only 2 units ....and I can not buy more units

Just in case it's not on your list. NVG construction. Used vehicle lights to get by.

I spotted a bug with the gear menu. Create a template with one of the new weapons that has the ability to mount a bipod. Add any launcher with some ammo to the template. Save the template and reload it. Voilà, the attachments get mixed up and the launcher is now at the spot where the bipod should be.

Just in case it's not on your list. NVG construction. Used vehicle lights to get by.

On it.

Okay, I checked all the spawn points in all our maps. For starters, from what I can tell any town with an SV above 50 is guarded by multiple armored units, usually two APCs, sometimes also at least one tank. If there's more than one APC of any type, the BLUEFOR teams with starting strength get pummeled. I checked the files of each mission and in all of them town occupation and resistance is already set at "1."

I couldn't repeat the exploding vehicle glitch more than once but there were still some spawn issues that sometimes occurred at certain starting points.

Altis:

The Hunter sometimes spawns partially underground with a starting point at grid 055125.

Chernarus:

Hemtt spawns on top of a fence with a player starting point at 128055.

Stratis (In Stratis I noticed you actually spawn as CSAT fighting against AAF. Is there a way to control that?):

With a player starting point of 023020, two explosions are immediately heard in Agios Cephas. I couldn't determine what they were.

With a starting point at 040065, the Strider sometimes spawns partially underground or flips over upon spawning. HQ sometimes immediately comes under attack.

The Tempest sometimes spawns with its wheels destroyed at a player starting point of 057053, or 037055.

At a player starting point at grid 025011, the Tempest might spawn and flip over. HQ might quickly come under attack.

Takistan:

With a player starting point at grid 035013 (inside a town called Ahmaday), the Hemmt might spawn on a building and immediately explode.

Like i said before, its weird that you're having most the problems on Cherno/Taki, maybe the safeplace function doesn't like the A2 buildings or something...

Ill take a look.

Hi I have a problem again...

If I buy units for an AI Squad , for example Bravo, it counts each unit as if it is bought for my Squad....unit limit reached

although I have only 2 units ....and I can not buy more units

Cheers for reporting, sounds like something i missed when i redid the unit limit system.

I spotted a bug with the gear menu. Create a template with one of the new weapons that has the ability to mount a bipod. Add any launcher with some ammo to the template. Save the template and reload it. Voilà, the attachments get mixed up and the launcher is now at the spot where the bipod should be.

This one is proving pesky. Had this a few times when implementing the bipod slot but I thought I'd nailed it. Can't reproduce it reliably atm so I'm gonna need as much info as possible, ie exact loadout, unit class, side etc. and any screenies to help.

Had some time to fix some of the easier and/or critical issues in our modified files, I do apologise for the amount of issues since the debut of the construction camera et al, normally when I release a big update here its been through several iterations on our server beforehand but I haven't had the time for that luxury lately.

Full changelog:

- Added NV mode button to Construction/Defense menus.
- Added extra parameter values to limit the amount of AI teams. (Just for you Dwarden :p)
- Fixed exceeding base area limits causing construction cam to get stuck.
- Fixed airlifted vehicles wouldn't restore original mass if airlifer was destroyed.
- Fixed podless Taru couldn't airlift.
- Fixed various minor AI commander respawning issues. 
- Fixed AI for static defenses not spawning. 
- Fixed buying units to other groups affected the buyers unit limit.
- Modified Parameter - AI: Teams (Added 1/4 Slots, 1/2 Slots, 3/4 Slots and All Slots).

As always, download can be found in link at the top of this post or in my sig.

Edited by Sari

37.187.132.224:3202 runs 64player version with 16 AI teams with each group limited to 8 max

How about changing the AI squads so they are affected by the upgrade level of factories? Currently it has no effect on them, they always have access to the highest level purchases. In games with few human players, it really lowers the value of getting those expensive upgrades. This also includes the number of recruits allowed in a squad.

How about changing the AI squads so they are affected by the upgrade level of factories? Currently it has no effect on them, they always have access to the highest level purchases. In games with few human players, it really lowers the value of getting those expensive upgrades. This also includes the number of recruits allowed in a squad.

Only just noticed this myself recently, despite the fact checking for factory upgrades is completely absent from the ai team routines I'm regarding this as a bug so ill try to get at least a basic fix in for next time.

Edited by Sari

Do you think it´s possible to rewrite your Sari BeCti for the Iron Front in Arma 3 Mod ? (not by you if you don´t want to, just in general )

Do you think it´s possible to rewrite your Sari BeCti for the Iron Front in Arma 3 Mod ? (not by you if you don´t want to, just in general )

Not tried Iron Front myself, but if its just a units and maps mod then yeah it should be fairly straightforward - just gotta replace all the A3 unit classnames with Iron Front ones and set up units and locations (towns, camps, spawn points etc) on a map. Everything else should just copy/paste over.

Edit: Only thing I'd say is you might want to remove the satellite camera menu option/upgrade on the basis that its not gonna be very realistic in a WWII based mod...

Gilb contact me by steam:Alexun

I have a thing for you.

How would you make it so you could control drones? I manage to spawn a few in through the aircraft factory and equipped an UAV terminal, but cant really control them. What would I need to do to make them controllable?