Benny.

[SP/MP] BeCTI

Hey everyone, I've come back after a while playing other things but on firing up my old becti edits i had the withRailway error in the UI's which i've since fixed. I don't know if anyone plays this much but if anyone wants a copy here's a link, i only zipped one 0.97 and a 0.98 version but i have others with Vcom and one with CAS added. Sh*t i made so many i can't remember, i also have Warlords edits that i'll add on the warlords page, that's got some cool scripts added to them.

These are ai playable based on Bennys 0.97 and 0.98 with some additional sh*t i've tweaked, added or fixed. I'm not maintaining them for you or adding or removing anything you can do that yourself, i'm not interested in any bitching either as i'm getting too old to give a sh*t. All i want is to share my edits and for you to enjoy yourselves as i have and do on my personal server without any d*ck heads ruining the game! Do what you want with them but give credits if you edit and release to whoever i've credited in my edits, which i think is Benny, Sari etc. Respect and credits go a long way in saying thanks to everyone who made this awesome mission.

OOh the link... http://www.filedropper.com/bectilg i can zip the vcom edits or the cas one as well if anyone wants them or just P.M me. I have Vcom new and an older version too, yeah i made too many. 😁

Oh and any problems, i don't give a f@#k! 😊😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/20/2019 at 9:24 AM, law-giver said:

Hey everyone, I've come back after a while playing other things but on firing up my old becti edits i had the withRailway error in the UI's which i've since fixed. I don't know if anyone plays this much but if anyone wants a copy here's a link, i only zipped one 0.97 and a 0.98 version but i have others with Vcom and one with CAS added. Sh*t i made so many i can't remember, i also have Warlords edits that i'll add on the warlords page, that's got some cool scripts added to them.

These are ai playable based on Bennys 0.97 and 0.98 with some additional sh*t i've tweaked, added or fixed. I'm not maintaining them for you or adding or removing anything you can do that yourself, i'm not interested in any bitching either as i'm getting too old to give a sh*t. All i want is to share my edits and for you to enjoy yourselves as i have and do on my personal server without any d*ck heads ruining the game! Do what you want with them but give credits if you edit and release to whoever i've credited in my edits, which i think is Benny, Sari etc. Respect and credits go a long way in saying thanks to everyone who made this awesome mission.

OOh the link... http://www.filedropper.com/bectilg i can zip the vcom edits or the cas one as well if anyone wants them or just P.M me. I have Vcom new and an older version too, yeah i made too many. 😁

Oh and any problems, i don't give a f@#k! 😊😉

Thanks. However the download is no longer available. Can you reupload ?

On 1/12/2019 at 4:55 PM, SF_andy said:

In memory of:  = Ultimate Warfare Rubber Edition = 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1510350822

Warfare with a capable AI Commander, is there.
But the Ai-squad leader, is bad / bug. Vadimir is working on it...

My last hope for CTI in ARMA 3

Was an avid player of WFBE in A2. Can anyone explain this "major" AI commander bug as I've been playing the latest UWRE and AI commander units capture towns and all is mostly fine although I only captured about 7 or 8 of the numerous towns before I had to restart due to badly set parameters (game <20fps due to too many AI). The only thing I noticed is that the Commander only ever has a maximum of 6 units listed in his UI. Yet there are another 6 stranded on an outlying island that do nothing. Maybe that is the bug ?

How the hell do you get mission started, i know it has something to do with receiving orders inside helicopter but i cant for the life of me get the option menu with sucssesfuly getting outta start point to show??? Please help

Yep! OFPS has been going strong since 2003. @omon and the dev team over the years has done some great work keeping BECTI alive, and it's still being updated and played to this day. banner_560x95.png?random=574077

How can I approach editing BECTI into PvPvP?

I was already able to give all factions control of some cities. So how should I proceed making Independent as playable side?

Really would like to play with 2 other friends. Everybody should be able to build their own base and capture towns.

OFPS is BECTI minus AI routines. They are still present in the code of the OFPS fork of BECTI, but not properly maintained and due to performance issues deactivated. Thats the minus.

The big plus of the OFPS fork is the excellent maintenace of new added addon packs, almost all weapons/units are fairly good balanced and interact pretty realistic with the other addons.

Another big plus are the defensive structures for base defense. Sometimes unrealistic combinations of defensive constructions + ship weaponary, but it gives BECTI a nice tower-game spin.

It is worth to check the OFPS announcements for sheduled matches since a 2vs2 match with deactivated AI squads is not much fun.

I am going to host a core BECTI with vanilla units soon since I recognized that the game browser is full of 80+ server with Antistasi + Liberation but all empty. How boring!

The idea hosting the OFPS-fork as-is  is dead since OFPS staff started banning people in discord and OFPS - server just for rising the idea or having just a different opinion.

Hi Tookatee! 🙂 You fit perfectly in the footsteps of Spanish!

Nevertheless, at OFPS there is the only available addon collection with well-maintained configs as we remember from the holy @DVD collections made for crCTI.

Even a IFA3 setup is in progress, hope it will be released soon.

@AllCanor95: try to catch Benny in Steam, he can tell you how to add another faction.

On 1/28/2020 at 3:48 PM, MichaelZFreeman said:

Was an avid player of WFBE in A2. Can anyone explain this "major" AI commander bug as I've been playing the latest UWRE and AI commander units capture towns and all is mostly fine although I only captured about 7 or 8 of the numerous towns before I had to restart due to badly set parameters (game <20fps due to too many AI). The only thing I noticed is that the Commander only ever has a maximum of 6 units listed in his UI. Yet there are another 6 stranded on an outlying island that do nothing. Maybe that is the bug ?

Has been changed by Vadimir. More than 6 vs 6 is not possible because of the FPS.
I restored the Ultimate Warfare Rubber Edition so that 16 vs 16 Ai's can be involved. Just for what? - Not necessary.
The problem with this CTI is the very unreliable AI - often just stand around and do not move, or after a while no longer.
Vadimir will not be able to fix that either. For this you would have to rewrite the aiteam.fsm - reprogram it and provide it with queries.
I added AntiVehiStick.fsm, but this alone makes up about 10% Ai failure, good again. Since these are only fallen or stuck vehicles ...
A pity 😰

I've added a few more things to this CTI. Ai uses artillery, magazine cleanup, players can call transport helicopters or a fighter jet with bombs ...
But as long as the Ai does not work, nothing will work....

On 2/20/2020 at 12:56 PM, The Man Without Qualities said:

try to catch Benny in Steam, he can tell you how to add another faction.

Unfortunately I couldn't reach him on Steam. Is there really no possibility to make Independent playable?

On 2/10/2020 at 3:34 PM, icebreakr said:

Didn't we play beCTI in A1?! 

Who was that directed at mate?

Myself anyway, i've been playing since the original OFP back in the day and every version since, not so much ArmA3 as I lost interest. I don't even play ArmA3 anymore, it never had what OFP did back then.....oh the memories.

I've still got all the warfare missions, mfcti, crcti the sector control missions and loads i edited plus mods, makes me realise how much ArmA3 has lost it's way. I still have OFP installed with my own missions and mike melvins - mfcti and cleanrocks - crcti. 😊

• Like 1

^^ agree @law-giver.  I check these forums just in case something mind-blowing is released.  However I haven't fired Arma3 up in AGES.  Very sad.  Perhaps Arma4VR (hint hint BIS!) will bring me back into the fold.

Honestly I am pretty bored to arma3 right now because of the missions it has to offer. In arma2 I played nothing but BECTI and had a lot of fun. But correct me if I'm wrong the arma3 BECTI version is different and certainly does not have the old warfare base structures and so it just doesn't feel the same. I have been pursuing my own vision on how CTI could be played and I am in fact coding my third CTI project (lol yes that many). My latest CTI is most BECTI like (But of course with new ideas) and I hope to play that online some day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/14/2020 at 4:52 PM, kremator said:

^^ agree @law-giver.  I check these forums just in case something mind-blowing is released.  However I haven't fired Arma3 up in AGES.  Very sad.  Perhaps Arma4VR (hint hint BIS!) will bring me back into the fold.

Yeah i'm pretty much the same, fired up ArmA3 today first time in a while and it crashed, not had that in a while but i've since sorted it. I'm just hoping if ArmA 4 is ever released that it returns to the magic of old and uses an engine that's not as sh*t as this is, apologies bohemia but it's pretty poor to be honest. I have spent a lot of money on my hardware because i love hardware and i love gaming but this plays like a turd on my PC. It's great for what it does i suppose but it's just not good enough to keep an old school ArmA/OFP player like myself who's been a fan since OFP and has owned every ArmA game since to play this anymore.

This game was rinsed dry years ago and only nostalgia brings me back once in a while, but never have i played as much as i did when OFP was released. ArmA2 OA is much better than ArmA3, obviously that's my opinion and i'm not shoving that down anyone's throat. And ArmA 3 may look better than OFP and ArmA2 but underneath it's a turd, sorry but I can't play it. Out of all of them it's at the bottom of the pile, and if it wasn't for the amazing script/mission makers and modders this game would be dead in the water.

Still i credit Bohemia for the magic they've given us over the years and even my fondest gaming memories is because of that magic. No other game comes close to the OFP/Arma series and i hope it continues. It would be a sad day indeed if ArmA3 was the last ArmA game to be released, i'd probably die that day. And lastly credits to all you scripters, mission and mod makers who have given their time for nothing more than a thank you and the odd pillock giving them sh*t they don't deserve.

And thank f*ck for MFCTI/Becti and Cleanrock/Kastenbiers crCTI and Dommination, I'd be bored sh*tless without you guys! Thankyou all!!!!  :respekt:

Stay safe everyone and be good! 😉

• Like 2

On 3/14/2020 at 8:23 PM, gc8 said:

Honestly I am pretty bored to arma3 right now because of the missions it has to offer. In arma2 I played nothing but BECTI and had a lot of fun. But correct me if I'm wrong the arma3 BECTI version is different and certainly does not have the old warfare base structures and so it just doesn't feel the same. I have been pursuing my own vision on how CTI could be played and I am in fact coding my third CTI project (lol yes that many). My latest CTI is most BECTI like (But of course with new ideas) and I hope to play that online some day.

gc8, vanilla BECTI for A3 by Benny is not much different from ....wasn't it WFBE in A2? ....so the very same general game concept which is there since OFP.

Many "users" of BECTI core disabled AIcommander and AIsquadleader modules because of performance reasons.

That makes games unfortunately very unbalanced and unfair depending on how long on side has to suffer from unfortunate player distribution.

Nevertheless, I still play BECTI as SP on a dedicated from time to time, you can run it in persistance mode and I can jump in every few ours and see what AI comms did so far and join one side to have some fun.

On 3/14/2020 at 5:52 PM, kremator said:

Well, BIS can't waste time with cruising around in T72 cus to tight for corona - they will make huge progress on A4 cus no distraction by normal life 🙂

14 hours ago, The Man Without Qualities said:

That makes games unfortunately very unbalanced and unfair depending on how long on side has to suffer from unfortunate player distribution.

That's something that can be fixed via script, I believe.  Also idlers should be kicked via script. Sometimes there were a lot of those. I remember sometimes playing alone when rest of my side were all idling. 

Good afternoon you did not have a Becti mission under a new version of the game so that you can buy as in CTI Dissension

If you can throw off and then I play in the sea and at times, but there is no time to do my missions if you throw it very grateful

Добрый день у вас не было миссии Becti под новую версию игры так что вы можете купить как в CTI Dissension

Если вы можете сбросить и тогда я играю в море и время от времени, но нет времени делать мои миссии, если вы бросаете его очень благодарны

Since I played into the dissension CTI mission and was shocked by everything in detail it is a pity that it is impossible

Can someone explain how to get the ai to automan the defenses, it seems halfway through the mission I setup defenses and nobody mans them, so they just explode after the timer? Also the ai doesnt seem to want to capture bases and stays at base.... 6 hours into mission dedicated server no performance issues, running according the mission "Server at 38 FPS" ?

On 2/8/2020 at 1:38 PM, gman2900 said:

How the hell do you get mission started, i know it has something to do with receiving orders inside helicopter but i cant for the life of me get the option menu with sucssesfuly getting outta start point to show??? Please help

Anybody???

On 2/8/2020 at 1:38 PM, gman2900 said:

Uh duh didnt read the part about the keys to get out, facepalm:hehe: