Benny.

[SP/MP] BeCTI

5 minutes ago, coolrobot said:

How can I put becti on some other terrain with different forces? I'm thinking about Valtatie 5 and the Finnish and the Soviets forces.

Open it up in editor, copy and paste everything over, move the towns to where they should be, and rename/revalue them.  If you're using the old version of BECTI instead of the latest source, you'll have to edit the CTI logic flag in the editor as well to change the town number to how many you have.  (remember to count town0). If you're using the latest source, you can skip that part.  But keep in mind that you have to name all of the camps individually per town.  When done, save and play. 

I'm wondering how I can have this mission run on my server with the following set up without having to manually click to turn off the ai everygame:

• BLUFOR will only have AI enabled for Commander position. All other squads will be people
  • OPFOR will be AI only (As of now I'm just disabling OPFOR as playable

Need some help with another problem

Am trying to build  Becti mission on Lingor using the USMC units.  Had to redo all the config and init files to the USMC units. 

I can start the mission fine....all 15 squad leaders head out in their appropriate USMC garb  while I build the hq, barracks, and command center. 

Once built I can access the USMC gear in the barracks.

But the factory is empty....not a thing. All I did in the factory was change out the US ucp soldiers for the USMC ones. Not even the existing US army stuff that I left there is showing up. 

I have done something...or not done something but just what I cannot figure out. I have the right addons as this is still RHS stuff so that cant be the issue.

Never mind...just reworked the mission from scratch and got it working

Hey guys, so I've been having a hellish nightmare of a time just trying to set up an Arma 3 dedicated server. Arma 2 used to be so easy, I'm not sure when this all became so impossibly difficult.. with githubs and pull requests and there being no actual pbo file there that I can find. Maybe it came with getting old. Is there some manual somewhere on how to use github because it feels like everyone else in the world knows what to do with that website except me.

Anyway I'm at my wits end so I'm gonna put this in here and just maybe someone will be able to help me out. 

Here's what I want to do: find and run a couple of BECTI missions on Chernarus or Altis with the option to have CUP or Vanilla units. Is this at all possible? Does anyone know if such missions exist? Because hours of searching the internet has yielded no results. I can get close but it seems that I can't get the specific cigar I want.

I've found a CUP version of BECTI Chernarus on Steam however the missions that download from the workshop never work (I take them from the steam download folder and transfer them to the server). I have downloaded and tried the mission from this thread - 'becti_0097_latest_lg.altis.pbo', however that never gets past the initial map load as it reaches the page with Configure Addons and Continue, however nothing happens after clicking Continue except the button disappears, and my server RPT log receives a lot of errors.

I've hosted local servers and missions before fine, I'm not sure why doing a remote server is so hard. I'd really really appreciate any help or advice. Cheers.

Is it possible to add a second or even a third barracks?

What I am trying to do is add the SMA, NIarms,  and VMS gear to a barracks without overloading the initial barracks.

The purpose is to be able to swap out the regular units everyone is using( vanilla, CUP, RHS) to unit packs that use these weapons.

I was thinking that if I add  second barracks and rename it to say SPECFORCE barracks or something that it would work but have not try it yet to avoid massive screw-ups.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:47 PM, SgtBilko said:

Hey guys, so I've been having a hellish nightmare of a time just trying to set up an Arma 3 dedicated server. Arma 2 used to be so easy, I'm not sure when this all became so impossibly difficult.. with githubs and pull requests and there being no actual pbo file there that I can find. Maybe it came with getting old. Is there some manual somewhere on how to use github because it feels like everyone else in the world knows what to do with that website except me.

Anyway I'm at my wits end so I'm gonna put this in here and just maybe someone will be able to help me out. 

Here's what I want to do: find and run a couple of BECTI missions on Chernarus or Altis with the option to have CUP or Vanilla units. Is this at all possible? Does anyone know if such missions exist? Because hours of searching the internet has yielded no results. I can get close but it seems that I can't get the specific cigar I want.

I've found a CUP version of BECTI Chernarus on Steam however the missions that download from the workshop never work (I take them from the steam download folder and transfer them to the server). I have downloaded and tried the mission from this thread - 'becti_0097_latest_lg.altis.pbo', however that never gets past the initial map load as it reaches the page with Configure Addons and Continue, however nothing happens after clicking Continue except the button disappears, and my server RPT log receives a lot of errors.

I've hosted local servers and missions before fine, I'm not sure why doing a remote server is so hard. I'd really really appreciate any help or advice. Cheers.

The only CUP mission I know of is the BECTI CUP Chernarus by Luke. Don't know much about the server side but you might need the server key which may not be provided on a steam download. You might ask on the trouble shooting forum by posting your error report. 

Check out the Project BECTI missions (3) by FIsher. He allows for you to clone them off his GitHub page. From there you can make whatever faction changes you want, just be prepared for a lot of cutting and pasting. 

On 12/7/2017 at 9:47 PM, SgtBilko said:

OFPS mission pack lets you turn on/off mods via ingame params. We also have params for a low tech mode, aka guerrilla mode, and other modes like zombie town occ.  Updates to this mission are daily and the customisable options are plenty.

CTI mission devs, is anyone interested in joining our team? The community is hungry for a solid cti mission but we (cti comm) are a bit fractured. We have a decent dev team, using gitlab to maintain order, chat daily on discord, and have more tickets/issues/ideas then we have man power. Were not opposed to different ideas for cti, we just ask to make it a param so it can be flipped on/off in the lobby.

Any takers? If so message me on our discord! We will grant you access to our dev hub if you are willing to squash bugs and implement ideas! 

http://www.ofps.net/viewforum.php?f=6

1st would be to maintain your forum. I got the impression that forum is not used any more while the OFPS mission itself made huge progress (with or without Benny, IDK).

I see you, spanish, often playing, I enjoying OFPS too from time to time, but despite discord (and not even that) there is no reliable way to communicate with the "OFPS team".

And the OFPS code is "obfuscated", it was a nightmare to "crack" it, I do not want to do that again and again just in case I need a different mission parameter default set.

So when OFPS still want to "encrypt" its mission in order to "protect" the investment in Benny, it will be hard to convince others to participate I assume.

10 hours ago, The Man Without Qualities said:

http://www.ofps.net/viewforum.php?f=6

1st would be to maintain your forum. I got the impression that forum is not used any more while the OFPS mission itself made huge progress (with or without Benny, IDK).

I see you, spanish, often playing, I enjoying OFPS too from time to time, but despite discord (and not even that) there is no reliable way to communicate with the "OFPS team".

And the OFPS code is "obfuscated", it was a nightmare to "crack" it, I do not want to do that again and again just in case I need a different mission parameter default set.

So when OFPS still want to "encrypt" its mission in order to "protect" the investment in Benny, it will be hard to convince others to participate I assume.

Discord has proven itself to be an excellent platform for communication, much more so than forums for our community; so use that, I've made that clear. Yes, the mission is protected and we're not changing that. If you wanted to edit parts you could have asked us, rather then attempts to constantly crack it. We are looking for devs, folks to help us take on our open tickets. If interested and able we will gladly open the doors to the mission and our process.  How much more open can we be?

@spanishsurfer

Check this out.  We just replaced our forums with a discord embed.  Might clear up some of your discontinuity issues between website and discord.  

https://titanembeds.com/

And I think what most people's problem is with obfuscating the mission pbo is that the rest of the BECTI community doesn't see those fixes and improvements.  The guys who are OK with single server progression of the mission have all probably joined your dev team already.  The one's left will be the guys who don't want to work on something if it won't contribute to the overall public mission itself.  Much of my time editing Benny's latest source has been spent filling in the gaps of OFPS content that had been ripped out.  That only indicates to me (And likely any other community dev capable of working on the mission) that further improvements to OFPS will only continue to fracture the community and the public mission.  

5 hours ago, RSF TheCapulet said:

@spanishsurfer

Check this out.  We just replaced our forums with a discord embed.  Might clear up some of your discontinuity issues between website and discord.  

https://titanembeds.com/

And I think what most people's problem is with obfuscating the mission pbo is that the rest of the BECTI community doesn't see those fixes and improvements.  The guys who are OK with single server progression of the mission have all probably joined your dev team already.  The one's left will be the guys who don't want to work on something if it won't contribute to the overall public mission itself.  Much of my time editing Benny's latest source has been spent filling in the gaps of OFPS content that had been ripped out.  That only indicates to me (And likely any other community dev capable of working on the mission) that further improvements to OFPS will only continue to fracture the community and the public mission.  

Many thanks for that app, very cool.

As for your comments on obfuscating, I do see your point. However the purpose of that is not to fracture the game mode but pull it in tighter. As you're aware there are dozens of very different versions of TRUE ct, all drastically different and difficult to learn for a new player, not to mention buggy and non intuitive. Look at KOTH, the mission is almost identical across an army of servers and players, it has allowed them to be #1. To become a popular mission once again, the new generation of arma players need to have a consistent mission with very similar game mechanics, cti is all over the place, how can new players learn?

What I would love to see, is 1 core becti mission with an army of devs working on improvements. We, OFPS, are the only ones with the man power, resources, and development cycle to take this on. 

Now, im not proposing we have a monopoly on becti, just a central hub for development and core mission edits. If you guys wanted your own cti server but different settings, then edit the param file and adjust the mission to your flavor, we can discuss and put 100s of params if we wanted it.

My point is there a lot of good cti devs out there working solo sometimes recreating the wheel. Why not join up with the largest cti dev team to ever exist and help us in putting cti at the top again?

EDIT

Sorry about the triple post, the site didn't refresh when I clicked submit and I thought my script blocker stopped the post. But now another post got added when I tried to edit the second post, and third post automatically got created.

Please delete mods. I've been using forums for over 20 years and this has never happened to me.

Please Delete this post also

And I couldn't seem to remove the Quote box from the original post.  I don't know how that got added, but it won't go away

Just wanted to get clarification on something:  Fast Travel like in the old warfare from ArmA2 has been replaced by building a set amount of Forward operating bases near places you want to re-spawn?

By the way, I've been out of the loop on this mod for about 6 years after I moved out of state. I currently have the Benny-CTI-Sari Version / BECTI_0097.rar files.

Is this still the latest version? Or is there a steam workshop link to keep the files updated?

On 6.1.2018 at 1:53 AM, spanishsurfer said:

As for your comments on obfuscating, I do see your point. However the purpose of that is not to fracture the game mode but pull it in tighter. As you're aware there are dozens of very different versions of TRUE ct, all drastically different and difficult to learn for a new player [...] cti is all over the place, how can new players learn?

[...]

Now, im not proposing we have a monopoly on becti, just a central hub for development and core mission edits. If you guys wanted your own cti server but different settings, then edit the param file and adjust the mission to your flavor, we can discuss and put 100s of params if we wanted it.

I dont really understand how this would help learnability. Do you think it would be easier to learn, if there are 30 parameters that drastically affect core gameplay? What if instead of the old tiered research and building system i want to do economy and building differently? When there are 5 different economy systems,  4 different progression systems, 3 different versions how town garrison works as switchable parameters in one mission, then how would anybody not get totally confused when the mission is supposed to be the same but has wildly different rules for the same mission?

Look at KOTH, the mission is almost identical across an army of servers and players, it has allowed them to be #1.

KOTH is much more basic in the concept, and involves no AI controll or interaction. It's much more focused for immediate action, comparable to other online shooters. Which is why there is not much need to change it, apart from maybe interface and mod integration. With growing complexity, there are more things that can be done differently for another but interesting experience.

The community is hungry for a solid cti mission but we (cti comm) are a bit fractured

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I would love to see, is 1 core becti mission with an army of devs working on improvements. We, OFPS, are the only ones with the man power, resources, and development cycle to take this on. 

My point is there a lot of good cti devs out there working solo sometimes recreating the wheel. Why not join up with the largest cti dev team to ever exist and help us in putting cti at the top again?

Oh this posts makes me laugh so hard....sorry but it's better to wake up from your illusions and arrogance.Years have prove that this gamemode & Com(in comparison to other gamemodes) will always be really small and your contribution to this made it worse, sorry but apparently someone thinks he has something big in his hands.... xD

edit:

Pretty rude of you to insult years of work consisting of a dev team of over 10 people who do this for free, really says a lot about you. Many of us have played CTI over a decade. Only a small person name calls and gives no hope at growth for something they enjoy playing.

Please post something that adds to the conversation or STFU, thank you.

oO cried a guy of whom finds nothing constructives in the thread except requests and advertising for his bought warfare mission XD.

mememe and bye bye

18 hours ago, x3kj said:

I dont really understand how this would help learnability. Do you think it would be easier to learn, if there are 30 parameters that drastically affect core gameplay? What if instead of the old tiered research and building system i want to do economy and building differently? When there are 5 different economy systems,  4 different progression systems, 3 different versions how town garrison works as switchable parameters in one mission, then how would anybody not get totally confused when the mission is supposed to be the same but has wildly different rules for the same mission?

KOTH is much more basic in the concept, and involves no AI controll or interaction. It's much more focused for immediate action, comparable to other online shooters. Which is why there is not much need to change it, apart from maybe interface and mod integration. With growing complexity, there are more things that can be done differently for another but interesting experience.

Were building a notification system that alerts a player on whats happening in the game, the aim is to educate new players on the fly and ingame, it'll be connected to any changes made in parameters. 

3 hours ago, teilx said:

Oh this posts makes me laugh so hard....sorry but it's better to wake up from your illusions and arrogance.Years have prove that this gamemode & Com(in comparison to other gamemodes) will always be really small and your contribution to this made it worse, sorry but apparently someone thinks he has something big in his hands.... xD

Pretty rude of you to insult years of work consisting of a dev team of over 10 people who do this for free, really says a lot about you. Many of us have played CTI over a decade. Only a small person name calls and gives no hope at growth for something they enjoy playing.

Please post something that adds to the conversation or STFU, thank you.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, teilx said:

What "big" can be in the hands of a person, if he does not do what he likes, or is he forced to do something?
The proposal is addressed to those who are interested.

Guys, can I please get a hand. This forum use to be very helpful, now it's people arguing. would anyone be kind enough to give an old OFP, A1, A2, A3 veteran a hand? Thanks

I had asked above if the 2013 Benny-CTI-Sari Versionare BECTI_0097 files are the latest? I don't know where to look for Bennny's latest mission files anymore, because his site is in another language. And my friend use to also have the mission folder to edit, but we only have the complied MPMission files now. Also, when I played this 6 years ago in A2, there was server software that we use to run on Linux to free up the CPU on the client computers. Is there anything like that today for Benny's CTI Warfare in A3?

Thanks

Hey Boss, the OFPS team has recruited Benny to continue working on beCTI.   I could not find anywhere to download the actual files but search the server browser in Arma for "OFPS" and join to download the latest mission.  I have no problem loading the mission on my own server for some beCTI fun, and there are alot of improvements over the .097 versions.  The mission is obfuscated so you can't edit it but there are tons of parameters you can play with to your liking.   

I find the current beCTI runs exceptionally well for AI with lower load than older or modded versions but if you're looking to freeing up more CPU cycles, look into Arma 3 headless client which distributes the AI processing amongst active players. 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Headless_Client

Good luck soldier!

Bit of a shameless plug but seeing as this is a BECTI discussion I didn't think you fellas would object. We are announcing a scheduled match for 13Jan18 @ 2000 CST on the OFPS server.

Simply a call to our community to show up at a specific time to really have an epic battle, we typically fill up the server on these events. Also a good time to test the mission, recieve feedback on discord, and then follow it all up with mission improvements. A lot of old CTI vets show up and it gets intense :) 

You guys are more than welcome to join us for some fun, come late or just for a little bit, doesn't matter, we'll keep the server open. 

We meet on discord first, talk and figure out teams then launch when everyone's ready. Coffee, beer, snacks are recommend. 

Here's the info to find us:

Discord: https://discord.gg/FzA5bEg 

Server: https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/arma.ofps.net:2302/ 

On 12.1.2018 at 6:34 PM, spanishsurfer said:

Bit of a shameless plug but seeing as this is a BECTI discussion I didn't think you fellas would object. We are announcing a scheduled match for 13Jan18 @ 2000 CST on the OFPS server.

Simply a call to our community to show up at a specific time to really have an epic battle, we typically fill up the server on these events. Also a good time to test the mission, recieve feedback on discord, and then follow it all up with mission improvements. A lot of old CTI vets show up and it gets intense :) 

You guys are more than welcome to join us for some fun, come late or just for a little bit, doesn't matter, we'll keep the server open. 

We meet on discord first, talk and figure out teams then launch when everyone's ready. Coffee, beer, snacks are recommend. 

Here's the info to find us:

Discord: https://discord.gg/FzA5bEg 

Server: https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/arma.ofps.net:2302/ 

- Haha, with a ping of over 130 .... server not suitable for Europe.

- I not speak English, therefore I can not and do not want to join you. Does anyone speak German?

- Will the mission become freely available at some point?

Would like to run on my D-Server (inc. HC). Also under names of OFPS....?

Only a few changes that I made in older version of OFPS, I would like to insert. Since I will host only with AI.

- Ai restarts Arty / Commander AI - Jet spwan in air / arms sway adjusted ....

On 27.3.2018 at 6:01 PM, SF_andy said:

Since I will host only with AI.

I am not aware that Benny was able to bring his AIcomm and AIsquad functionality back to service nor do I know that OFPS is willing at all to host missions with those old-school CTI features like AIcomm and AIsquadleader.

If such a mission would be up, I would co-finance hosting. ATM there is nothing worth hosting.

OFPS Mission is suffering due to those missing AI routines since hours long battles suddenly turn due to leaving players and unbalanced teams.

And yes: I am one of those hasty quitters when my wife is shouting that there is something more interesting to do.

Would be cool if an AI would take over as in old-school CTI.

• Like 2

Ultimate Warfare-RE [Chernarus]

This favorite WARFARE-mission of many players was carefully moved from ArmA 2 to ArmA 3. Just as in the original scenario, players will have a large-scale battle for establishing control over key cities, building bases and supplying their cities to improve equipment and vehicles.

Also this version supports such popular modifications as CUP, RHS and Iron Front Lite. You can specify the selected mod in the mission settings before starting.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1353842083&searchtext=CTI+

• Thanks 1