Benny.

[SP/MP] BeCTI

Pretty good CTI, Just out of curiosity. Am I able to copy past to other maps?  

Also, what about using different factions. 
WW2 stuff manly.

On 9/10/2017 at 5:58 PM, kremator said:

Nuke isn't necessary at all.

I agree, absolutely stupid and pointless tbh.

Anyway here's my Malden version with additional stuff from 0.98 as in my Altis edit. I actually prefer this one as it's closer town wise as opposed to Altis. More fun!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ahhn55saa40pmnl/becti_0097_latest_lg.malden.pbo?dl=0

Again credits to the usual suspects and 0.0000001 % for me :f:

• Like 2

Got a crash when playing your malden version (running VERY well except for that).  Can't be sure that some other mod caused it - but it is a new one for me.

19:51:23 Warning: no type entry inside class CTI_RscRespawnMenu/controls/LineMarker

11 hours ago, kremator said:

Got a crash when playing your malden version (running VERY well except for that).  Can't be sure that some other mod caused it - but it is a new one for me.

19:51:23 Warning: no type entry inside class CTI_RscRespawnMenu/controls/LineMarker

Strange never had a crash after playing for hours on my dedi, but must admit not played it since 1.76. Anyway ain't got time to f*ck about with it as got work in a bit and DIY over the weekend. I may have a deeper look into it later as i can't remember half the sh*t i've done because i haven't played ArmA3 in a while. I do tend to get my test edits muddled up with my finished edits. Doh!

Just tried on local and no errors opening equipment and factory menu and even respawning. Will test on my dedi when i get home from work later on. Ran it with no mods running.:dontgetit:

While eating breakfast which is important, i tried it quickly with selective ACE files, latest CBA, Dynasound, ASRAI and a few other mods and again albeit local no errors. :dontgetit:

Never had a crash as you have mate, or errors on screen and i have played it for 4 hours+ at one point a few weeks back on my dedi with the mods above too.

I will as i said above give it a play on my dedi with the latest 1.76 and see what happens. Won't be playing for over 4 hours as my wife would surely remind me of the DIY i should be doing. :down: 

I'll keep testing myself mate.  Could just be one of those things, but the fact that it said CTI_XXXX made me think it was BECTI related.  LOL .. good luck with the DIY !

EDIT:  I've found that some AI have real difficulty in disembarking vehicles that cannot move (wheels wrecked or stuck on scenery etc) .... there needs to be a 'not able to move' check in there, that then causes units to go on foot.

Just stopped my dedi server after running it for 11 hours as half AI leaders had stopped moving (this is the Malden version). 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2017 at 2:41 AM, law-giver said:

I agree, absolutely stupid and pointless tbh.

Anyway here's my Malden version with additional stuff from 0.98 as in my Altis edit. I actually prefer this one as it's closer town wise as opposed to Altis. More fun!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ahhn55saa40pmnl/becti_0097_latest_lg.malden.pbo?dl=0

Again credits to the usual suspects and 0.0000001 % for me :f:

Oh cool, Gonna download this later and give it a shot.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kremator said:

Just stopped my dedi server after running it for 11 hours as half AI leaders had stopped moving (this is the Malden version). 

11 hours.......Jeez, they were probably tired mate. I'd be tired playing that long. :f:

5 hours give or take a couple of minutes is the longest I've played. Server restart following my exit. :f:

Oh and guys I won't be editing this anymore as i'm done with it. Having a break from ArmA 3 as there are too many games released that I've paid for on Steam and haven't even played yet. :down:

Plus i just built another PC for my Oculus Rift and it's sat here with a plastic bag over it. My addiction to ArmA 1 + 2 + 3 has to end at some point. Well for a little while. :f:

Feel free to edit my edits as I edited Benny Sari Tasty & Onno's. Credits to these wonderful guys! :respekt:

• Like 4

You're right about some wonderful games that haven't been played ... I'm in the same boat.  I take a break from the armaverse now and again .... but the bugger ALWAYS drags me back again!

Don't be a stranger for too long mate!  We'll miss you!

PS I have a Rift + Touch too .... handle is still the same 'Kremator'.

• Like 1

On 16.9.2017 at 9:54 AM, kremator said:

This has been an issue with BECTI since almost 4 years

On 20.4.2014 at 0:32 AM, gabberxxl said:

Yeah AI does kill server performance in the long run, but I decreased the AI slots per team to six, so it takes a while longer to melt the server. I disbanded them, gave them new orders, changed their buy type to MRAP', Tanks etc, but nothing helped. They are just standing still at the base.

On 21.4.2014 at 2:15 PM, gabberxxl said:

Killed every single one of them, but nothing happened. They are just standing still and do nothing. :j:

• Like 1

Anyone on here interested in helping out OFPS w/BECTI updates? We've got more than we can keep up with more problems than people who can help. We're using Discord for comms and Gitlab for tracking, it's the best BECTI dev team I've ever seen and I believe with more help we can really push this mission out to the mainstream; just need more help.

Anyone interested?

Question about commanding

Playing Project BeCTI on Tanoa. Started out on one of the out lying islands which I overran fairly quickly. But then, after taking over from the ai, I could not get the various teams to either use boats that I built or could I get them to use their own transport which I forced built into their teams(m113, boats). In the end every team swam from the island to the mainland. 

Is there a difference between ordering "get in" and "get in (cargo)"?

On 10/23/2017 at 3:39 AM, swizzlewizzle said:

Spanish, is the current code base located @ https://github.com/BennyBoy-/BECTI?

No, we moved it to a private gitlab. We actually paid Benny to come back and help us recode a lot of the current mission. If you want to help just join our discord and have a chat with us.

Well I guess that means we will have to wait for other users on Steam to release their versions of the mod while they work on theirs. I think the idea is that they will release it to everyone when its updated and ready.

Project BECti by Fisher is very good. He is staying ahead with the monthly updates from RHS studios. Another good one is by RSF the Capulet. He has done several desert scenarios for becti involving the CUP units.

I have noticed that the other RHS based becti missions are old have not been updated with the new and changed RHS content. 

I would love to see a Becti for light infantry...special ops and the sort. Something without tanks on a small scale. Jarrad96's spec ops builds would be perfect for it. I think something like this would work better on maps like Tanoa and on smaller maps.

AI is not buying any troops

Working on some changes to an existing Becti RHS mission. Got the changes made and and am running the mission as commander. I can buy from the barracks, equip squads from the barracks, and upgrade equipment. All of my equipment changes show up fine. 

The AI however will not automatically purchase soldiers for the AI squads. Its something I have done but just what eludes me. Am getting this error message.

File C:\Users\John\Documents\Arma 3\mpmissions\BECTI_RHS_JT_VARIANT.Altis\Server\Functions\Server_AI_PurchaseSquad.sqf, line 55
19:53:31 Error in expression <e = false};
};

_var = missionNameSpace getVariable _picked;
_upgrades = _side c>
19:53:31   Error position: <getVariable _picked;
_upgrades = _side c>
19:53:31   Error 3 elements provided, 2 expected

Have no idea what this means. 

Edit

Never mind....somewhere when I renamed the file I missed something. Went back and redid the work under original file name and everything is fine. 

On 11/10/2017 at 10:02 PM, jtareb1 said:

Project BECti by Fisher is very good. He is staying ahead with the monthly updates from RHS studios. Another good one is by RSF the Capulet. He has done several desert scenarios for becti involving the CUP units.

I have noticed that the other RHS based becti missions are old have not been updated with the new and changed RHS content. 

I would love to see a Becti for light infantry...special ops and the sort. Something without tanks on a small scale. Jarrad96's spec ops builds would be perfect for it. I think something like this would work better on maps like Tanoa and on smaller maps.

We have this, I made it years ago and now our BECTI mission can flip this on via parameters. It's  called guerrilla mode.

• Like 1

Working through my first map

Have got both sides to spawn at the map at the beginning of the game....and after 12 or so seconds West is declared the winner. 

Am getting  this error

Error in expression <!_update && !CTI_GameOver >
18:52:04   Error position: <_update && !CTI_GameOver >

Have looked everywhere in the code and cannot find this....any ideas on how to fix?

Never mind...started over and its now working with only some minor issues

Just wanted you all to know that we recently changed server locations. Server moved from West to East coast to better accommodate our European players. Hardware was also beefed up and now we're seeing VERY smooth server FPS and ULTRA low pings on most players. Highly recommend to check it out, it's been very awesome. 

• Like 1

Just to summarize:

- OFPS moved hosting location

- standard OFPS missions are WITH AI (squad member and town defenses) but WITHOUT AI commander and WITHOUT AI squad leaders as in MFCTI/crCTI/WFBE/BECTI

- there is a BECTI clon called "guerillia mode" hosted @ OFPS which employs AI routines for AI commander and AI squad leader????????

May you clarify this? Because whenever I play on OFPS I enjoy when it is full, but it sucks when to few players at server and no AI squads filling up the battlefield.

How can I put becti on some other terrain with different forces? I'm thinking about Valtatie 5 and the Finnish and the Soviets forces.