Benny.

[SP/MP] BeCTI

Here's my latest personal Sari Malden 0.97 LG Edit. About 30 towns to capture. :f:

LINKS REMOVED DUE TO BENNY'S 0.98. It's a no brainer!!!!

Here's my latest personal Sari Altis 0.97 LG Edit. About 50+ towns to capture. :f:

LINKS REMOVED DUE TO BENNY'S 0.98. It's a no brainer!!!!

Apologies for removing LINKS in earlier posts above but I've been tinkering so much that my edits where changing daily. Me and my son have been playing this to death so I'm happy with it so far. If you're not i don't care. :f:

All towns markers start green instead of default black to reflect Resistance ownership. Unit cams fixed in Benny's unreleased 0.98 so i moved the fix to my Sari edits with an external view (3rd person needs to be enabled if i remember, i did test it a while back but don't play with third enabled. That's for pussies). Added weather parameter from Benny's 0.98. Added Repair & Unlock Skill from 0.98.

Default starting loadouts changed due to my 16 year old son moaning, he wanted even more powerful weapon loadouts but i made a compromise. Fuel & Earplug script added. Plus additional shit i've added, changed and/or fixed.

Right I can't be assed to write any more, just download, play and leave me alone. :exclamation:

Any towers you can't climb let me know and i'll fix them. They should be fine as i painstakingly placed them carefully, even their directions (You'll see a lot of love went into it. :eh:). But there's always one i guess. Same goes with depot's, which i elevated to 0.4 just in case of uneven ground, objects and shit!

Thanks to Benny, a true gentleman. And thanks to Sari, Tasty & Onno. Respect to all you guys. :f:

If you downloaded my files before the date below they may have been my p*ss about test files. My dropbox was a bit of a mess so i've tidied up and added new links and newer mission files. DOH!!!!!

Edited by law-giver
Removed links due to Becti 0.98.

I tried it out and this mission looks really cool.  But is is really playable as single-player?

1 hour ago, AndyB1580 said:

I tried it out and this mission looks really cool.  But is is really playable as single-player?

It's needs to be played Multiplayer, you can put it in your MPMission folder and play it alone that way hosting your own game but dedicated Multiplayer is the best. Hope that's not too confusing for you. :eh:

I play it on my own against AI or with a few friends running off my little dedicated server, which is a separate PC running a core i3. :f:

I playtest it on my own PC hosting Multiplayer Lan/Internet game and it runs just fine on my core i7. :f:

• Like 1

Thanks. I will try it some more.  I couldn't command any of the friendly AI and quickly got surrounded and killed in crossfire by the enemy, so I wondered if it was not meant to be played by 1 person.

1 hour ago, AndyB1580 said:

Thanks. I will try it some more.  I couldn't command any of the friendly AI and quickly got surrounded and killed in crossfire by the enemy, so I wondered if it was not meant to be played by 1 person.

You can command the AI but if you're new to the mission let the AI Commander (Selected by default) take control until you get used to it. And i play alone alongside the AI for hours on end and it's a lot of fun. Playing with a friend or two is much better though. :f:

Stick with it and don't give up.

How does becti handle headless clients? And does it have any performance tweaks like caching or dynamic simulation? Would headless clients work on becti? Thanks guys.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On 7/24/2017 at 0:44 PM, o5_ said:

How does becti handle headless clients? And does it have any performance tweaks like caching or dynamic simulation? Would headless clients work on becti? Thanks guys.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I am also curious about the headless client setup with BECTI. I do see CTI_IsHeadless stuff around and about the mission but in my tests I've found that running headless client results in the AI players not receiving any waypoints.

With no HC. AI moves normally.

with 1 or 3 HCs, AI does not appear to receive any waypoints.

Thos this game has revive?

ore can i just put it in mission?

I'd look at psychobastard's AIS revive ... works great.  Should be able to put it into BECTI with a bit of effort

Excellent .. thanks !

EDIT:  Running it on my dedi server here ... I've found that after the first town is captured the AI just stand around :(  Oh well.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kremator said:

Excellent .. thanks !

EDIT:  Running it on my dedi server here ... I've found that after the first town is captured the AI just stand around :(  Oh well.

That could be the Peacetime parameter, change it to disabled and see if that works. :f:

I Know this is a bad rapport but until my GU gets back online this is the best i cazn do

Gear randomly disappears, ammo changes to different types. On 2 occasions in less than half an hour I got teleported back to base

On the Tanora edition

On 9/4/2017 at 0:52 AM, law-giver said:

That could be the Peacetime parameter, change it to disabled and see if that works. :f:

I'm having the same issue with 0.98, and disabling the Peacetime parameter has no effect. After the first town is captured, the AI simply stand around and the commander does not issue any further orders. 

Also, not sure if this is normal behavior for this mission, but when I go to other towns after capturing the first one they are all completely empty. 

• Like 1

I'm getting crazy because it seems that only I have this problem where neither the Squad Leader AI nor the commander AI will use Vehicles, it's driving me crazy seeing the A.I trying to run all through Altis on foot. Please someone help me, I really want to play this mode but this is unplayable for me right now.

If i remember right Benny told me in an email that some scripting needed the Dev version enabled. But today Arma3 has been updated to 1.76 so i assume it should work now. Not tested myself lately as i'm on an ArmA3 break if such a thing exists. When i ran it on Dev It worked fine, that was several weeks ago mind.

Understand though it is WIP and there is a stable version as well.

https://github.com/BennyBoy-/BECTI/tree/Benny-Current

&

https://github.com/BennyBoy-/BECTI/tree/Benny-WIP

Here's a link to my personal edit if you have trouble with the above. It's an older version but with some of Benny's new stuff added. I have other versions but i'm a tight ass! This is my personal edit so if you don't like something, TOUGH SHIT!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yk7hl1i6l0wi7z1/becti_0097_latest_lg.altis.pbo?dl=0 <======= ALTIS VERSION 0.97

READ POST AT TOP OF PAGE FOR WHAT'S CHANGED!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, law-giver said:

I have other versions but i'm a tight ass! This is my personal edit so if you don't like something, TOUGH SHIT!!!

I like the cut of your jib mate :)

EDIT Just tried the WIP version and it still halts on first town capture :(  going to turn off Peacetime option (not sure why it would be default on - if it causes this bug)

7 hours ago, kremator said:

I like the cut of your jib mate :)

EDIT Just tried the WIP version and it still halts on first town capture :(  going to turn off Peacetime option (not sure why it would be default on - if it causes this bug)

I recently turned 48 so it comes with age, hehe! I'll have a play over the weekend and if it does indeed halt then i'll let Benny know. I made my own versions on Malden an Altis as didn't like the Stratis version and i'm sure i never had the problems of ai halting. I could be wrong as i'm 48 now. :f:

• Like 2

I think I've just got a year on you (old gamers eh ?)

Every time I play that WIP version on my dedi they stop everytime first town is capped ... however the ferocity of the battle up to that point is awesome.  Just need to push the AI commander onto the next town!

• Like 1