Benny.

[SP/MP] BeCTI

On 5/18/2017 at 4:37 AM, kremator said:

Has anyone tried the latest GitHub version on stratis?  Everything was going very well (high FPS on client and server) and I logged out for something to eat.  AI commander had been in control and obviously was still in control when I logged back in again.  However I did notice quite a few AI team leaders clustered around a previously taken area, and not moving from there.

I wonder was there a problem with new AI orders not getting through to them?

Apart from that it is LETHAL.  The AI use their upgrade money well and I have a large number of armed hunters dashing about.  Interestingly however, I wasn't able to buy them from the light vehicle factory (only armed offroad).

Will be doing much more testing on my standalone dedi, trying to optimise settings for best FPS for this AI heavy mission.

I wonder if taking away the defend, and take and defend orders will prevent this problem.  It seems like they're getting stuck at defending, even in sari edits. 

Now that COULD be the idea.  Defend isn't really needed .... attack IS the best form of defence after all !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kremator said:

Now that COULD be the idea.  Defend isn't really needed .... attack IS the best form of defence after all !

Not only that, but we have territorial mode now.  So the order itself is even more pointless, since they'll be forced to battle-lines either way.

On 18/05/2017 at 7:04 AM, The Man Without Qualities said:

Search this forum, BIS tools as such contain tools for packing/inpacking .pbo.

Yeah my bad, I did find the answer here:

12 hours ago, -ToR-TheCapulet said:

Nah, it's present in .97 and all it's edits. 

To fix it, I just reset orders and respawn all of the AI.  Haven't started getting into that for the latest source yet. It may be as simple as just writing a super simple heartbeat script that resets orders and respawns AI if they go inactive.

Pardon my newb question, how best to respawn AI? The only way I'd know how is to return to the lobby, spawn in the affected AI slot before returning to my original slot; which is cumbersome. I gather there must be a command?

On 18/05/2017 at 1:26 PM, -ToR-TheCapulet said:

I was really hoping to finish it up last night.  But looks more like this weekend.  But yes, I'll be releasing it and hosting it, both very very soon. ;)

Don't bother, it's not playable. Pick up one of my latest sari edits, or wait a few days for another release. 

Where would I find your edited versions good sir?

Thanks!

9 hours ago, -ToR-TheCapulet said:

Not only that, but we have territorial mode now.  So the order itself is even more pointless, since they'll be forced to battle-lines either way.

If anyone needs me to test a new fixed version then please ask. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mach2infinity said:

Pardon my newb question, how best to respawn AI? The only way I'd know how is to return to the lobby, spawn in the affected AI slot before returning to my original slot; which is cumbersome. I gather there must be a command?

Where would I find your edited versions good sir?

AI commanding menu.  The same menu where you set their orders, squad types, etc.  You can select all, and disband, forcing their Ai soldiers to despawn, and themselves to respawn at HQ, where you can give them new orders and they'll build new squads for it. 

I'm still aiming for this weekend.  Got some god awful food poisoning thursday night at my ex-favorite Mexican place, so my convictions on this date aren't super strong.  But damnit, I want to play it, so it'll be asap, I promise.  lol

7 hours ago, kremator said:

If anyone needs me to test a new fixed version then please ask. 

Heh, forgot about you when I sent tests out to see if I got radars working.  I'll make sure you get my next test first. ;) 

13 minutes ago, doctorbutts said:

If downloading from GitHub, what do I have to do to get this to work on Tanoa or Altis?

Open mission in 3d editor.  copy all content from map view, and create a new mission on altis or Tanoa.  Paste your clipboard contents into the mission, and save it.  Now alt tab out and copy everything from your github stratis version over into your new altis or tanoa version (Minus the mission.sqm)  Now reopen it in the editor, and erase every town and it's camps except for one.  Now rename that, and it's associated camps, to the name of the town you'll be using.  Keep the syntax schemes as far as spacing goes correct in this portion, as it's important.  You'll also have to set the town supply according to the town sizes you have.  Supply values should vary between 30 and a max of 120.  These values also dictate the resistance and occupation squad sizes.  Now copy the town and it's camps, and start pasting it everywhere you want a town and camp.  Rename all them.  Place them appropriately.  Save the mission, and play.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, -ToR-TheCapulet said:

AI commanding menu.  The same menu where you set their orders, squad types, etc.  You can select all, and disband, forcing their Ai soldiers to despawn, and themselves to respawn at HQ, where you can give them new orders and they'll build new squads for it. 

I'm still aiming for this weekend.  Got some god awful food poisoning thursday night at my ex-favorite Mexican place, so my convictions on this date aren't super strong.  But damnit, I want to play it, so it'll be asap, I promise.  lol

Where can I download your other missions? Sorry to hear about the food poisoning. Hope you get better soon mate and many thanks. :smile_o:

• Like 1

Well I've been playing the Takistan mission all day on the dedi server.  Enabled AI and AI commander, and all slots playable by AI.  Only very rarely did it drop beneath 49FPS !!!!

Who here is actively tweaking or developing a BECTI mission or sari edit currently?  It'd be nice if we could get some like-minded dudes all in a group to help sort some details out and get some others an outlet for contribution outside of diving into the code.

OFPS is disabling / cutting out AI routines and Benny is not testing AI routines extensivly when doing changes. So consider OFPS version as more reliable, but without AI squad leaders and AI comm.

Seems that Benny is developing the logic/routines according to OFPS suggestions and OFPS team is doing fine tuning.

Unfortunately I like using AI so it looks like I won't be using the new OFPS version :(  There aren't enough people playing BECTI to fill a huge number of servers.

The AI works in Sari's edit.  So there's no reason it can't be backported into the latest BE platform.  It's damn near the same code anyways. And anything I make is forked up next to benny's git, so OFPS is welcome to my fixes when I figure it out. 

6 hours ago, kremator said:

There aren't enough people playing BECTI to fill a huge number of servers.

This is the real problem right now.  BECTI is too inconsistent or narrowly developed to appeal to the masses like it did in A2.  I don't really think developing features to the tune of a single community really has the future longevity of the mission in mind. It'd be awesome if the devs and tweakers of the mission could get together and brainstorm ideas to bait those players back without focusing on a single community. 

• Like 2

I anyway do not understand why OFPS team is disabling AI squads. Maybe they do not want to maintain the gear templates and squad layout templates as well as the commander routines.

But the OFPS version has one big plus: they added to the static defences kinda Patriot and CRAM so that there is a real counter against jets. But I do not know how this works now after JET DLC since all CUP and RHS units require an upgrade to lift them to new sensors level.

15 minutes ago, The Man Without Qualities said:

I anyway do not understand why OFPS team is disabling AI squads. Maybe they do not want to maintain the gear templates and squad layout templates as well as the commander routines.

But the OFPS version has one big plus: they added to the static defences kinda Patriot and CRAM so that there is a real counter against jets. But I do not know how this works now after JET DLC since all CUP and RHS units require an upgrade to lift them to new sensors level.

I am using an addon that hasn't been updated and the sensors are there since Jets release.

2 hours ago, -ToR-TheCapulet said:

...  I don't really think developing features to the tune of a single community really has the future longevity of the mission in mind. It'd be awesome if the devs and tweakers of the mission could get together and brainstorm ideas to bait those players back without focusing on a single community. 

Couldn't agree more. If there was at least a basic, common codebase that everybody would commit fixes to and that could easily be extended to suit the tastes of different communities without tightly coupling those additional features with the rest of the code, development would be considerably faster. I understand that what Benny currently has on his GitHub is going in that direction, but from what I've heard in this thread it's not ideal because he's had to rip out a lot of OFPS stuff, which has introduced new issues.

Hi there

First of all tell you that I love your CTI mission

I'd like to make a couple of suggestions if you deem them reasonable and feasible

- Would it be difficult to create a new structure for the commander which is a Radar that can locate enemy Air units at very long distance? For Altis something like 10-12 kms....?

- I play mostly in SP, and I have never seen yet an AI commander create the Naval Yards. I supose it is mostly for Human Commanders but for Multiisland maps, like MKSE or for example like the small islands in the new Malden a boat squad could be a good adition.

- Also.... the defense squads are created when you get in a certain radius from a town. To avoid events like self destructing vehicles, could it be possible to add special markers to a town so Air vehicles are created in specific points???? The rest of the defending units could be randomly created in a certain position near a town but other vehicles like choppers could be created in determined places.... Just an idea

Anyway,... I love what you did. I love your mission. I'm eager to try the next version

21 hours ago, mankyle said:

Hi there

First of all tell you that I love your CTI mission

I'd like to make a couple of suggestions if you deem them reasonable and feasible

- Would it be difficult to create a new structure for the commander which is a Radar that can locate enemy Air units at very long distance? For Altis something like 10-12 kms....?

- I play mostly in SP, and I have never seen yet an AI commander create the Naval Yards. I supose it is mostly for Human Commanders but for Multiisland maps, like MKSE or for example like the small islands in the new Malden a boat squad could be a good adition.

- Also.... the defense squads are created when you get in a certain radius from a town. To avoid events like self destructing vehicles, could it be possible to add special markers to a town so Air vehicles are created in specific points???? The rest of the defending units could be randomly created in a certain position near a town but other vehicles like choppers could be created in determined places.... Just an idea

Anyway,... I love what you did. I love your mission. I'm eager to try the next version

Naval is used in WASP or OFPS versions of CTI extensivly, in OFPS version a lot of transport and attack vessels are purchasable.

The standard BECTI is employing vanilla BIS naval units - just tiny boats.

Several radar detection distances expandible by upgrades or by purchasing related radar towers are existing in several BECTI versions.

Even type of radar is selectable (AA and Arty-shell so kinda field radar).

Spawn location clearance is something "lost in porting" because even in OFP clever defs checked with increasing diameter around factory for a free spot and spawned there the next vehicle.

Mass explosion due to lots of stucking vehics like in A3 is rather related to ....the actual mission dev.

So namost all your wishes became already true.

On 28.5.2017 at 8:26 PM, The Man Without Qualities said:

Spawn location clearance is something "lost in porting" because even in OFP clever defs checked with increasing diameter around factory for a free spot and spawned there the next vehicle.

Mass explosion due to lots of stucking vehics like in A3 is rather related to ....the actual mission dev.

https://github.com/BennyBoy-/BECTI/commit/d188958f589ae1d893ad66161132e3a884ed8e19

Base: Safe Respawn + Code Optimization ....

seems Benny is solving this issue, try by starting with max amount of cash for all and build many vehicles within a short time.

Order all AI squads by mapclick-moveto to stay in base an check what happens when vehics spawn.

After a few requests I've finally got round to refreshing the onedrive links for the latest set of files i made (nearly 2 years ago ... dam.). Enjoy!

• Like 2

So the onedrive links are the 2017 ones and not 2015 as shown in the flename ?

On 14/06/2017 at 10:17 PM, Sari said:

After a few requests I've finally got round to refreshing the onedrive links for the latest set of files i made (nearly 2 years ago ... dam.). Enjoy!

@Sari

Are these the one's from your server? After firing them up the old errors that have been removed in my edited versions which i pinched from your server are still there? I'm going through it today with a file compare program just to make sure.

Either way, thanks for sharing. It's what i like about you guys, the sharing. I still play cRCTI and Sari's version of Warfare. Played both this week after a break from ArmA3 and got my *ss spanked! I'm a little rusty.

@-ToR-TheCapulet

Nice to see you still working on Becti. I've been reading the updates regularly on steam. I'm kinda stalking you i guess. :f: