Benny.

[SP/MP] BeCTI

The BECTI missions always had terrible FPS for LAN and Solo play.

I built a cheap LAN PC out of new and spare parts and i get 49fps after running #monitor, even after a couple of hours. That's playing on my own though and I'm using a cheap i3-3220 and 8gb ddr3 and an ssd. I only play on my own as fed up with cheaters, pussy childish admins, not inc' mature admins. Not really played online since operation flashpoint where i was online non stop as law-giver.  My point being i disagree with the statement above, you gotta tweak it a little ie: reduce ai group sizes. Even crCTI runs okay on my crappy little LAN server, but the fps is a little lower as it's a little more demanding. And it's gonna suck if you're hosting while playing on the same PC. :f:

10 hours ago, jingols said:

The BECTI missions always had terrible FPS for LAN and Solo play.

Yeah, I've always been frustrated with CTI back in the A2 days, because hosting and playing on the same machine lead to terrible performance degradation after 30 minutes. But since I've started hosting the missions on my old PC turned dedicated Linux server, I began loving it again. CTI really is an underappreciated gamemode, just perfect for when you don't have anyone to play proper ArmA with.

• Like 1

I still have Cleanrocks original crCTI on my drive, and original Warfare and modded A1 zWarfare, Waco Warfare, oh the days. Was so addicted to flashpoint especially online. Jeez i'm old, 48 this year. :eh:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, law-giver said:

I still have Cleanrocks original crCTI on my drive, and original Warfare and modded A1 zWarfare, Waco Warfare, oh the days. Was so addicted to flashpoint especially online. Jeez i'm old, 48 this year. :eh:

Oh man, you are bringing back memories!  Been around too since OFP days too.  Also 48 BTW :)

• Like 1

Oh man, you are bringing back memories!  Been around too since OFP days too.  Also 48 BTW :)

Now i don't feel so alone......LOL! :f:

Hello.
Could you explain to me what file finds the setting of the factions that will confront each other in becti?
It is not very realistic to have blacks and dull skin on a map of Eastern Europe.
Thank you.

On 22/01/2017 at 10:40 AM, kremator said:

Me too! Since OFP's different CTIs and esp. Benny's Warfare in A1 and A2. And becoming 49 this year...do I get now the "Oldest Arma-gamer" award?

• Like 1

I was actually playing Flashpoint Warfare and the A1 zWarfare then A1 Waco's Warfare and A1 CTI yesterday albeit my own edits. But today i fancied a game of A3 Becti Warfare. All great in their own right. Hope to see an update to Becti 0097 which i like to tinker with. I got the new OFPS version but binned it. Not interested in it if i can't edit for own personal use, but understand them wanting to protect their work. Shame though, but Becti 0097 works fine so no complaints. 

And becoming 49 this year...do I get now the "Oldest Arma-gamer" award?

Short answer........NO! But you gain my respect. :f:

• Like 1

On 1/7/2017 at 1:22 PM, spanishsurfer said:

So download for a few days....once you have it you have it. And don't minimize our server by going off what you saw at 1 point of time, thats stupid. How about going off stats http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/209.160.28.31:2302/

M-Thur we average 8-12 during work day but 20-30 on week nights. Fri-Sat server is almost full. 

We had a full server last night for hours.

For a few days?  No.  Specially when it's more than just downloading.  For instance, SSD space (For mods that, again, I already have).  And quite honestly, it's more than just the mods at this point.  If the mods didn't exist, I'd still take a stand on the fact that you guys encrypt any further fixes and additions benny has made for the mission, and keep it all for yourself, despite the fact that there are a ton of communities and individual SP players that could benefit from them.  And all because of your sense of internet pride... can't have that competition now, can you? 

Fuck that, dude.  You guys wanna gain my respect as a player?  Release benny's updates to the community instead of the bullshit you're pulling. 

• Like 1

goo.gl/KKrnMJ

BECTI Sari's edition - Desert Warfare Pack. 

- Takistan

- Zargabad

- Sharpur_BAF (For very quick SP/MP games)

Uses almost entirely CUP assets, only using a few A3 where necessary.  Has the traditional fit and feel of A2 Warfare BE finally.  (Even uses A2 like desert post process)

Vehicle list is essentially interchangeable with the green islands. (Because of livery selection)  Clothing and barracks lists needs adjusting if it'll look right on Cherno, etc. 

Only bugs I've noticed:

- AI doesn't treat CUP artillery as actual artillery, resulting in them firing it like a direct fire weapon (often killing AI arty teams).

- Some camps are still slightly off position in some instances (new model).  Will adjust cosmetic issues like these in the coming days.

- I left a few 3rd party scripts in that I meant to remove. 

- Mission image probably needs updated.

- Parameters aren't balanced for MP or SP by default, yet.

- For some reason, weapon accessories (specifically weapon sights), work really erratically in the equipment menu.  Sometimes it works, but most of the time, it doesn't.  If anyone has any clues, please let me know so I can finally chase that damn bug down. 

I'll release these on the workshop in the next day or two, and get them up on a more permanent download option aside from that (my domain went up tonight).

After this weekend, I'll use next week to wrap up on the green A2 islands, and then move on to RHS. When I'm done with all that, I'll wrap it all up with an ACE3 option. 

Edit: Here's the mega encryption key, because fuck Mega.  !1YMc5fw8AS57Z1sreK7RVv_bpBSIWYkQlKQPkhzNF3k

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, -ToR-TheCapulet said:

After this weekend, I'll use next week to wrap up on the green A2 islands, and then move on to RHS. 

Looking forward to that! Now that RHS is on the workshop too, it has become even more compelling. And I love myself a clean mission with as few dependencies as possible.

Everyone should thank Onno from Sari's Dragons for anything I put out.  That dude's magicianry on external aid apps is the only thing that lets me get these done with the limited time that I have.

Hopefully he'll have the GUI aspects of it done at some point, and can release it at large.  It's dead useful for quickly building balanced unit/gear lists.

Is anyone interested in an RHS port, if it still requires CUP Vehicles? 

Finally finished the download today, and got to looking into what's there for the first time in a year or two.  I'd really expected more progress on the blue-for side of things.  As it is now, there's just not enough blue units to fill in without using CUP vehicles to help out.  It's a shame too, as the Russian side of RHS far outpaces CUP in progress. 

So with that all said, I'm kind of annoyed with the mod.  If I were the only one to ever play it or use it, I wouldn't even bother thinking about it any further until some future updates drop. 

But if it'd benefit anyone here, I wouldn't mind just dropping the relevant RHS units into my already current CUP vehicles list and remaking the gear list for RHS stuff. 

Won't use it myself, but then again, I won't be using the ACE stuff either, and I would still like to finish that.

Is anyone interested in an RHS port, if it still requires CUP Vehicles? 

Yeah, i am mate. Thought about doing it myself but thought "f*ck it"! :f:

Commander AI works again too, so give it a go. 

My best games while playing SP, I've just disabled resistance Ai outright, and had a commanding match between me and the other AI commander.  He wins about half the time.

• Like 1

On 23.1.2017 at 9:47 PM, law-giver said:

I was actually playing Flashpoint Warfare and the A1 zWarfare then A1 Waco's Warfare and A1 CTI yesterday albeit my own edits. But today i fancied a game of A3 Becti Warfare. All great in their own right. Hope to see an update to Becti 0097 which i like to tinker with. I got the new OFPS version but binned it. Not interested in it if i can't edit for own personal use, but understand them wanting to protect their work. Shame though, but Becti 0097 works fine so no complaints. 

Short answer........NO! But you gain my respect. :f:

Well, all too much with OFPS version, there is also not to protect. Most have been made by Benny. Afterwards, Sari has already implanted in CTI - as for example. Camp, Depot ....
Again the OFPS has a good approach, but as already said; Ai does not really work. Thus, it is also the clear proof that only Benny had the Ai problematic under control. Why did he leave us?
By the way: he had promised for Arma 2 the WarfareV2.074, which would be almost finished.

IIRC, He gave up on 2.074 and had started pushing hard to finish Warfare3.  Warfare3 was never finished before A3 release.  And I assume most of it's structure went into BECTI. 

What AI issues are you talking about btw?  I've been playing against them nearly every night without issue lately. 

1 hour ago, -ToR-TheCapulet said:

What AI issues are you talking about btw?  I've been playing against them nearly every night without issue lately. 

I too have been playing pretty much everyday and AI seem fine for me, even after 2 hours + they're still trying to take the towns. Salvagers still cleaning up the battle strewn wrecks. Using Becti 0097 modified by Sari, Tasty and Onno.

• Like 1

Hell, I have AI commanders battling it out on my server as I type this. They've been at it 4 hours, and I expect they'll be at a stalemate when I get back to it in the afternoon. 

• Like 1

Have you some googledrive copies of these missions TheCapulet rather than having to subscribe on Steam?  Cheers!

I've been tinkering with my sari altis edit, removed the skill scripts/folder as they seem to be useless, plus a tidy up. Changed camp & depot bunkers to "Land_Cargo_Patrol_V3_F" & "Land_Cargo_House_V3_F". Makes it a little more challenging capturing a camp as you have to leg it up the steps then close the hatches. Much more fun, and it fits well on altis. Who needs the new OFPS version? Paaahhh!!!! :f:

I even made a mock up of the engineer skill repair script, based on the A2 warfare version. Worked fine in the editor no errors but didn't work on the dedi', so then i binned all the skills!!!!