Benny.

[SP/MP] BeCTI

Anyone know where I can get a copy of Arma 2 BECTI edited by RubberKite?  He had a feature called PEACE TIME that I wanted to port over to our new GUERRILLA BECTI map.

I've been trying this mission with a friend online and it doesn't seem that the OPFOR side is taking any towns.  Does anyone know what could cause this?

Will be interested to hear how these virtual servers work. Keep us informed.

OK, I got back to setting up on Google Compute using this script: http://gameservermanagers.com/lgsm/arma3server/

Very easy Steam server install. Had to flick a setting in the script to install the DEV server. Proceeding with server setup and mods installation :)

IMO Google Compute is a lot simpler than Amazon AWS, with instant SSH connection to the server from within the browser ... no fiddling with SSH keys ! Costs seem reasonable so far, although I guess they could mount up on a 24/7 COOP server, but fine for SP games, I just have to remember to shutdown the server after a game. One thing I need to sort out is how to hibernate a Google server, it that's possible, for "saving" the game by halting the server process and coming back to it later.

Using your newest version Sari, I am getting the following spammed in the rpt:

​

17:22:19 Error in expression <e = false};
};

_var = missionNameSpace getVariable _picked;
_upgrades = _side c>
17:22:19   Error position: <getVariable _picked;
_upgrades = _side c>
17:22:19   Error 3 elements provided, 2 expected
17:22:19 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\Server\Functions\Server_AI_PurchaseSquad.sqf, line 55

​

​

So I played for about an hour on my Google Compute server - see post above - with everything at defaults, no addons, Stratis. A rough glance at the log file shows between 24 to 37 server fps, but I need to compute an average from the logs before I start adding addon's like some of the AI enhancements. My in game fps never dropped much below 20 and stayed mostly arounf 24, but, again, I really need to do a Fraps benchmark. But so far looks like really good performance ! Only catch being is that, if what I'm seeing is correct, there is not DEV server available for Linux, only STABLE branch. Not a massive problem I guess.

I have paused/halted the server using this method - http://networkgeekstuff.com/networking/linux/minipost-how-to-pause-a-running-process-on-linux/- we'll see if it survives being taken out of its sleep later on.

EDIT: I managed to revive the server. At first I thought I'd lost the entire game because I forgot to start it in "screen", but turns out that the LGSM has its own way of handling that using "tmux" ... no need to remember to start "screen" !

BECTI appears to be running very well, but I've had some problems with the AI getting stuck in buildings, vehicles get stuck. Unflip does not work on either of these cases, maybe what we need is a "relocate" command to shift the soldier/asset a few meters ? And/or is this behaviour fixed in the latest DEV patches ?

Using your newest version Sari, I am getting the following spammed in the rpt:

​

17:22:19 Error in expression <e = false};
};

_var = missionNameSpace getVariable _picked;
_upgrades = _side c>
17:22:19   Error position: <getVariable _picked;
_upgrades = _side c>
17:22:19   Error 3 elements provided, 2 expected
17:22:19 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\Server\Functions\Server_AI_PurchaseSquad.sqf, line 55

​

​

And another one: The AI commander ignores the build/upgrade path set in Base_West.sqf/Base_East.sqf and goes through the upgrades randomly and sometimes by cost.

​

​​EDIT: Regarding your problem with the unflip button dj_barney, I suggest editing the following in the file Client\Events\Events_UI_UnitsCamera.sqf starting from line 262.

​

if (_unflip) then {
	_who_vehicle setPos [getPos _who_vehicle select 0, getPos _who_vehicle select 1, 1];
	_who_vehicle setVelocity [0,0,1];
};

​Change it to:

if (_unflip) then {
	_position = (getPos _who_vehicle) findEmptyPosition[ 10 , 200 , typeOf _who_vehicle ];
	_ATLPosition = ASLToATL _position;
	_position = [_ATLPosition select 0,_ATLPosition select 1, 0.5];
	_who_vehicle setPos _position;
};

​This way the observed unit gets teleported into a safe location.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

to Sari ..I was talking about this bug http://xospectre.deviantart.com/art/BECTI-Bug-566544513?ga_submit_new=10%253A1445023893

It something like few months ago error whith rsc scrool menu error if u remember its now there is something whith enable or disable have no idea whats wrong. I bet its something in resources

its happens always only once at first use of any factory

how the heck are you disabling the tutorial in game, or leave, i am reading the info what is says but still cannot leave

how the heck are you disabling the tutorial in game, or leave, i am reading the info what is says but still cannot leave

if u playing showcases or some first campaign mission u cant skip it its usually called by command *HINT* hint can be part of some trigger u cant skip this . There is only one settings in game settings / Tutorial hints / change it to disable :p btw u in wrong topic

Cheers for keeping all the reports coming in, I am keeping an eye on the thread but I've had a redonkulously busy month or so (no arma for me :( ). Will address the mentioned issues when I can

@Sari

I was getting these errors and they bugged the f*ck out of me so i fixed them. There were approx 3 or 4 errors in all.

arma3_2015_11_24_13_03_16.png

arma3_2015_11_25_22_59_36.png

And thanks for keeping Warfare going mate, love it! :)

yes this error is in Resources  and dialogs

its probably something like this

colorText[] = {1,1,1,1};

colorBackground[] = {0,0,0,0};

colorPicture[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};

colorPictureSelected[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};

itemBackground[] = {1,1,1,0.1};

columns[] = {0.25, 0.001, 0.75, 0.85};

problem  is  its not fault of THIS cti mission its fault of arma version 1.52 u have to wait until 1,54 hopefully its will be sorted

yes this error is in Resources  and dialogs

its probably something like this

colorText[] = {1,1,1,1};

colorBackground[] = {0,0,0,0};

colorPicture[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};

colorPictureSelected[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};

itemBackground[] = {1,1,1,0.1};

columns[] = {0.25, 0.001, 0.75, 0.85};

problem  is  its not fault of THIS cti mission its fault of arma version 1.52 u have to wait until 1,54 hopefully its will be sorted

I'm running 1.52 with my fix and the errors have gone, the clue to the error is in the image posted and not what you posted above. Simply inserting, colorDisabled[] = {bla bla bla}; into where the errors popped up. Works for me. ;)

I Tried that colorDisabled[] = {bla blal bla}; from that modified dialogs from the capulet and yes its works im confused now :P maybe I`ll think before posting ... :lol:

• Like 1

I Tried that colorDisabled[] = {bla blal bla}; from that modified dialogs from the capulet and yes its works im confused now :P maybe I`ll think before posting ... :lol:

It wasn't from thecapulet, it was a link from my original post. Glad it works for you too.  ;)

I get stuck on the load screen since update 1.54 with my own edited version and your versions Sari, regardless if I use addons or not.

I get stuck on the load screen since update 1.54 with my own edited version and your versions Sari, regardless if I use addons or not.

post this mission here i will fix it for u. u need delete few lines in misison sqm after v 1.54

post this mission here i will fix it for u. u need delete few lines in misison sqm after v 1.54

Check your PM.

I'm a little late to this...but to fix it remove "3DEN" from your mission.sqm.