Benny.

[SP/MP] BeCTI

Hey, just occurred to me that I could setup a sever on Amazon AWS or Google Cloud Compute (probably Google as I've found AWS to be way over complicated and Google is cited as having cleaner management console). I'm looking into pausing the server exe process on the server to "save" the game, and unpausing later. It would be nice to hibernate the server as well when not in use, but not sure if it could be unhibernated remotely. That would leave all my home PC cpu cores for rendering A3 and the cpu on remote machine for AI and other server calculations. Now to get it to work. Time for some serious FUN :)

Will be interested to hear how these virtual servers work. Keep us informed.

• Like 1

So I take it Sari's BECTI implementations are indeed multiplayer-only? That's what I gather from trying to play them. When I boot up the ones for Chernarus and Takistan I get a "No Player Selected" message.

Zerty's works but I didn't realize you can only plays as CSAT. Is there a way to choose which side you're on?

Either I'm being stupid or BIS changed something in 1.42 that means that there has to be a player unit defined in the editor/mission.sqm (traditionally I've had all the starting units set to 'playable'), otherwise the mission wont run, even on servers. I may have forgot to update the cherno/taki files. if you unpbo them, place them in my docs > arma 3, open them in the editor, change one of the blu/op units from 'playble' to 'player', save and it should work in SP.

Hello everyone....

we have a question about the upgrades

barracks have zb 3 ..

where can I exactly define the upgrades??

especially, it comes to the number of units i can buy ...barracks upgrade 1 = 3 team members,.barracks upgrade 2 = 6 team members...etc...we want to change this !!!

thank you for your reply, and nice day yet

Hi

I like the BECTI mod.. and my own Server runs at the moment the BECTI 0.97 1.3.0.6 TEST V because its the last one which is playable with AI Teams. The newer Versions don`t run with AI and the older 1.3.0.6 has no new Weapons / Bipods..

Anyone got a solution for me???

Hello everyone....

we have a question about the upgrades

barracks have zb 3 ..

where can I exactly define the upgrades??

especially, it comes to the number of units i can buy ...barracks upgrade 1 = 3 team members,.barracks upgrade 2 = 6 team members...etc...we want to change this !!!

thank you for your reply, and nice day yet

The barracks upgrades sets the group size as a percentage of the max size set by the parameter 'AI: Team Size (Player)', so by raising this you'll raise the max allowed group size at each barracks level (25% at B0, 50% at B1, 75% at B2, full group size at B3). If you want to remove this system all together and have the max allowed group size at all times then you can goto client > events > events_UI_PurchaseMenu, find the following:

_max_group_size = ((CTI_P_SideJoined) Call CTI_CO_FNC_GetSideUpgrades) select CTI_UPGRADE_BARRACKS;
	switch (_max_group_size) do {
		case 0: {_max_group_size = round(CTI_AI_PLAYER_TEAMS_GROUPSIZE / 4)};
		case 1: {_max_group_size = round(CTI_AI_PLAYER_TEAMS_GROUPSIZE / 4)*2};
		case 2: {_max_group_size = round(CTI_AI_PLAYER_TEAMS_GROUPSIZE / 4)*3};
		case 3: {_max_group_size = CTI_AI_PLAYER_TEAMS_GROUPSIZE};
		default {_max_group_size = CTI_AI_PLAYER_TEAMS_GROUPSIZE};
	};

and replace all of that with:

_max_group_size = CTI_AI_PLAYER_TEAMS_GROUPSIZE;

Hi

I like the BECTI mod.. and my own Server runs at the moment the BECTI 0.97 1.3.0.6 TEST V because its the last one which is playable with AI Teams. The newer Versions don`t run with AI and the older 1.3.0.6 has no new Weapons / Bipods..

Ask Zerty, that's his version

Edited by Sari

Yeah, only one: wait.

Only got 1 brain and 2 hands; but the ARMA2.ru server migth update 1.3.0.6 with the bipods.

So I take it Sari's BECTI implementations are indeed multiplayer-only? That's what I gather from trying to play them. When I boot up the ones for Chernarus and Takistan I get a "No Player Selected" message.

Zerty's works but I didn't realize you can only plays as CSAT. Is there a way to choose which side you're on?

it looks like your trying to start the mission in singleplayer. It wont work that way.

You can play alone: just select multiplayer, creat new server (LAN) and select your position.

edit: you can select which groups are taken by AI, by default all. I recommend reducing it to a few. Arma reduces AI calculations when CPU load goes up. You will see AI doing stupid stuff or nothing.

Hope it helps,

QuietMan

Edited by quiet_man
Update

Sari check PM please, I've got some problems with the mission , thanks

Sari check PM please, I've got some problems with the mission , thanks

Sorry about that, saw the PM the other day but forgot about it. Replied and should be sorted now.

37.187.132.224:3202

64players BeCTi with Sari's work ;)

have fun

Either I'm being stupid or BIS changed something in 1.42 that means that there has to be a player unit defined in the editor/mission.sqm (traditionally I've had all the starting units set to 'playable'), otherwise the mission wont run, even on servers. I may have forgot to update the cherno/taki files. if you unpbo them, place them in my docs > arma 3, open them in the editor, change one of the blu/op units from 'playble' to 'player', save and it should work in SP.

Thanks. I'm not familiar with unpbo. Is there a specific tool everyone uses?

@dwarden thx allot we will test it out after work.

@ Sari really good made cti, love the gui etc. thx for your work.

But we have a problem, when a player dies, after spawn the makers for the player are away.

And you dont have the control about your old KI squad.

Sometime it resolves it when you join new in on the same slot.

Edited by Speedygonzales

37.187.132.224:3202

64players BeCTi with Sari's work ;)

have fun

I had some fun once I figured out construction. Thanks! That's a lot of AI.

Biostalker was it playable for you.

I have a good system but cant get more then 10 fps on dwardens server and so this mission makes no fun.

That's a lot of AI.
cant get more then 10 fps on dwardens server

Are AI teams enabled there? If so then with 64 slots that servers gonna be melting...

Edited by Sari

Are AI teams enabled there? If so then with 64 slots that servers gonna be melting...

It was 64 players, all AI minus myself. I was running about 35fps on mostly high settings, yet my graphics card is only a 550 ti(I5k series processor 8GB/DDR3) Completely playable, a least for solo.

From Dwarden's perspective, I can understand loading it up and letting it go mad for testing.

EDIT: The server is still up and running the same mission two days later? Nice ARTY, maybe i'm stupid, but seems to be broken.

Edited by Biostalker

well I found several bugs for Sari to fix :) let's wait for new version (he already got them in PM)

well I found several bugs for Sari to fix :) let's wait for new version (he already got them in PM)

Well the Arty could have been lag, I may check it again. There was a bit of a delay in squad commands with that many AI. I tried full vehicles, just gunners, myself alone. I just couldn't get it to fire a shot a target 3km away. I've tried a lot of Benny versions this week(took a year off), trying to find the best.

Well the Arty could have been lag, I may check it again. There was a bit of a delay in squad commands with that many AI. I tried full vehicles, just gunners, myself alone. I just couldn't get it to fire a shot a target 3km away. I've tried a lot of Benny versions this week(took a year off), trying to find the best.

The arty interface has always been a bit temperamental, might try and give it a but of love sometime but don't hold your breath on that one (UI stuff is not my forte...)

I'll try fix the reported things and a couple of things I've noticed myself tomorrow.

Yeah thats how it is ;) and for the client it dont can comes get better ;).

Sari thx for your effort, we like your adjustments and improvments on bennys cti.

@Biostalker

are you joking on me, i have a little bit of experience in mission building myself and i`m into this since ofp.

And you want to tell me you have 35fps on dwardens server, man this is impossible.

That really encourage me, because me and my group have to optimze every mission we make that we get some solid 30-40fps for the client by missions for up to 25 players.

Little example you have one lead slot ok then 63 ki leads left, so lets say ther are 8 Ai per squad the we have 504 AI on the field without the spawning resistance in towns.

Ok this i all good with 15-20 fps when they are figithing in the first location, but when you meet the opfor side and cti beguns really you are below 10fps.

And you wanna tell me you have 35fps when you play cti on altis and dont stand still and look at the sky or so ;).

I have to be super retarted that i cant get this performce out my rig Intel Core i7-4790K, 4x 4.00GHz/Gtx 970/8gb ddr3 can you tell me the magic spell for that, everybody in my group would love you for this.

When we play sari cti we have to reduce a lot to get a playable peformce for systems like yours.

Srry but such feedback help no one to get the perfomance issues adressed, my post mayby also not but have to say this srry.

Edited by Speedygonzales

Ok, small patch to our modified files, mostly script error fixes and small niggly things. Also had a bit of time to add to the skill module I started ages ago then promptly ignored. Anyone who joins as a sniper can now use binos/rangefinders/designators to 'spot' targets - this will create a map marker for everyone on your team at the co-ords you are looking at, makes base hunting/marking enemy bases much easier!

Full changelog:

- Added Spotting skill for sniper Slots.
- Fixed Zafir and Rahim not using updated Magazines.
- Fixed Construction menu helpers colliding with and destroying objects.
- Fixed Construction menu helpers rotated incorrectly for Opfor.
- Fixed Construction menu hint not removing after exiting menu.
- Fixed various script errors (Cheers to everyone for pointing them out).
- Updated Opfor starting loadout with matching backpack.
- Updated runway light strip helper to be more helpful.

As always, download can be found in link at the top of this post or in my sig.

so I just realized why my server FPS was only 10 cause there was 64 AI teams with up to 12 groups each with up to 12 AI units roaming around ...

(so ye after while there was A LOT of AI eating all the CPUs)

so I've disabled the AI teams for time being

--

now, I do wonder can I easily define in config Params amount of AI teams? e.g. 2-8 active AI teams only

atm. from the list below I don't see such option, only on/off and sizes when on and possible to prevent anyone join AI team (on JIP)

CTI_AI_TEAMS_JIP_PRESERVE = ?;
CTI_AI_COMMANDER_ENABLED = ?;
CTI_AI_TEAMS_ENABLED = ?;
CTI_AI_TEAMS_GROUPSIZE = ?;
CTI_AI_PLAYER_TEAMS_GROUPSIZE = ?;

and this brings me to another question , anyone has yet linked BeCTI with ALIVE ?

so I just realized why my server FPS was only 10 cause there was 64 AI teams with up to 12 groups each with up to 12 AI units roaming around ...

(so ye after while there was A LOT of AI eating all the CPUs)

so I've disabled the AI teams for time being

--

now, I do wonder can I easily define in config Params amount of AI teams? e.g. 2-8 active AI teams only

atm. from the list below I don't see such option, only on/off and sizes when on and possible to prevent anyone join AI team (on JIP)

CTI_AI_TEAMS_JIP_PRESERVE = ?;
CTI_AI_COMMANDER_ENABLED = ?;
CTI_AI_TEAMS_ENABLED = ?;
CTI_AI_TEAMS_GROUPSIZE = ?;
CTI_AI_PLAYER_TEAMS_GROUPSIZE = ?;

and this brings me to another question , anyone has yet linked BeCTI with ALIVE ?

When the admin launches the server, in the slot selection screen you disable all the ai slot but the amount you desire, then launch, the other slots will be player only. @ Speedy, I was using fraps, I know how to read numbers :D

Thanks Sari!

The one issue I'm still having though is that in SP, I don't see any BLUEFOR AI spawn at all at the beginning of the game. I'm still wondering if that's an issue or something I just misunderstood about the scenario.

Hi dwarden !

When you want a good playable version, define 6 squadmember for each team an reduce the players to 40.

Should be enough fun and wheny you meet the opposing force it should run playable.

Only my 2cents.

And to your question i think not but when someone will try to run them over zbe caching.

Mayby we get some good results out of it.

But a good Hc support for some heavy scripts ect. would be much better but i think its a hard task to realize to implement it in this mission.

@Biostalker

In any circumstance pls check that this isn`t possible.

With a little knowledge of mathematics we have 63 KI leads without your slot, so we have like dwarden tell us 12 AI members per team.

So thats 756 KI units in the field, the server is somewhere by 10fps so you can never reach 35 fps with the best pc setup you can get out there, because the server slow your system down too.

But when you have the holy grail for the client pls tell us how you managed this we all will love you for this. We all want to manage the impossible ;).

So first your are trolling me and think this is funny or you just have grapho-legasthenia, or what i believe you have looked into the sky or at the sea and have 35fps for a short time, but this would be a awesome result anyway for your setup.

Edited by Speedygonzales