Benny.

[SP/MP] BeCTI

@Sari ,

yes to this....

everyone has their own set of upgrades which arent shared?

So I have been away for awhile but I played some today and was wondering where I can get the latest files for becti. I like to run my own standalone server so where can I get necessary files? Also while playing today I noticed a new "bleed out" death sequence and I was wondering if that is part of becti or another addon? Anyhow can you guys save me some hunt time and point me at the files?

Hi all, I was just wondering two things:

1. Is Benny still working on this?

2. As much as I enjoy BECTI .97, I really do miss the days of Benny Warfare 2.067 - 2.071 for Arma 2. Is there a version of Benny Warfare for Arma 3 instead of only BECTI? Like I said, BECTI is great, but I would love to have the breadth of options that we used to, and the tons of possible parameters. Sorry if this has been asked about/begged for already.

Hi all, I was just wondering two things:

1. Is Benny still working on this?

2. As much as I enjoy BECTI .97, I really do miss the days of Benny Warfare 2.067 - 2.071 for Arma 2. Is there a version of Benny Warfare for Arma 3 instead of only BECTI? Like I said, BECTI is great, but I would love to have the breadth of options that we used to, and the tons of possible parameters. Sorry if this has been asked about/begged for already.

1. Nope, he does not.

2. Zerty has recreated some of that old BE feel with some nice new additions. I've taken his work and added my own additions (we are almost done with changing the capture town method to how it used to be on BE). If you want to check out my ver of BECTI find us on BECTI Warfare - Seattle, WA. Here's an intro video I made:

SpanishSurfer: Hey, two more things.

1. Does Benny have any plans to ever come back to his warfare mode in Arma 3? Any idea why or why not? (More out of curiosity since Benny Warfare has been something I've loved for years and I feel like a kid when they learn there's no Santa).

and

2. Your BECTI mode looks AMAZING! I love the idea of the lattice map. I imagine that provides far more direction for both players and AI. Is it based on the .96 or .97 version of BECTI? Also, glad to hear that you guys will be changing the way in which towns are captured. You obviously know what you are doing, so I trust things will be fine for the future of warfare lol. Are you and Zerty working on it together?

Edit: I will be sure to stop by your server.

So I have been away for awhile but I played some today and was wondering where I can get the latest files for becti. I like to run my own standalone server so where can I get necessary files? Also while playing today I noticed a new "bleed out" death sequence and I was wondering if that is part of becti or another addon? Anyhow can you guys save me some hunt time and point me at the files?

not sure what server you joined, theres a few different cti's out there ... with different revives and other things ... my version is warfare cti (edited) but remade and fixed by I belive Sari....with permission from benny.

1. Nope, he does not.

2. Zerty has recreated some of that old BE feel with some nice new additions. I've taken his work and added my own additions (we are almost done with changing the capture town method to how it used to be on BE). If you want to check out my ver of BECTI find us on BECTI Warfare - Seattle, WA. Here's an intro video I made:

Watched the vid. I like the sound of your modifications. Occurred to me that the name Capture the Island Warfare is actually a much better name. Who ever knew what "Warfare" was outside of ArmA circles ? CTI is much more recognisable like CTF from other games.

So, can I download this ? Or is this exclusive to your server ?

Think ive got rid of the majority of issues in the next update to our modified files. This time its a mediumish update with a lot of minor odds and sods but with three major changes:

Firstly, the HQ is now deployable a-la WFBE. In its mobile form the HQ is now little more than a vehicle. In order to build a base you must deploy it into a full building at the location you want to build by hitting the green deploy button in the construction menu and placing the building like a normal factory. Once its time to move its a simple case of mobilizing using the same button. The main advantage of this is that buildings dont show up in the target list so that tanks/choppers/jets etc can no longer lock on to the hidden hq vehicle from a million miles away. It also gives out a team message showing the location of where the hq has been deployed/mobilized (like the factory construction messages) to raise team awareness.

Secondly, due to me gradually integrating it more and more into the mission and thus making it more and more of a pain to remove, I've included my anti-stack feature in this public release. When enabled in the parameters, this feature prevents too many players from joining one team and disrupting the balance of gameplay. It can be configured to sit idle until a certain level of imbalance has been reached so you can set it to be as harsh or as relaxed as you want. If a player has not previously joined this round and tries to join a side with too many people on, they will be kicked to the lobby and will be free to join the other side regardles of whether the anti-teamswap is active or not. The main downside is that if a player leaves and rejoins a side that has too many people in the same round, they may not be able to join at all until the player numbers has balanced out once more (assuming anti-teamswap is enabled). If anyone has an idea for a non-exploitable way to get round this, im all ears!

Finally, many scripts have been updated with new commands which have been introduced with Arma 3 since 0.97 was released and some now obsolete functions have been removed. Hopefully this should help optimize the mission and increase performance all round. I would highly recommend that anyone else making BECTI modifications which are NOT based on these files to make the same changes. Removed functions and their replacements:

CTI_CO_FNC_ArrayPush - replaced with pushBack

CTI_CO_FNC_ArrayReverse - replaced with reverse

CTI_CO_FNC_ArrayShift - replaced with deleteAt

funcVectorAdd - replaced with vectorAdd

funcVectorCross - replaced with VectorCrossProduct

funcVectorDot - replaced with vectorDotProduct

funcVectorScale - replaced with vectorMultiply

funcVectorSub - replaced with vectorDiff

Full Changelog:

Hq deployment:
- HQ can now be deployed into a standalone structure (Partially ported from WFBE):
- Base workers, structures and defenses can only be built when HQ is deployed.
- HQ costs a configurable amount of money to deploy.
- AI commander has basic compatability.

New DLC contents:
- Added CH-67 Huron, CH-67 Huron (black) and Huron pods for Blufor.
- Added Mi-290 Taru, Mi-290 Transport, Mi-290 Bench, Po-30 Orca (Black and White) and Taru pods for Opfor.
- Added Windsock for both teams (found in construction menu).
- Hurons, Tarus and pods are all airlift compatible.
- Appropriate pods are service/respawn menu compatible.

General Changes:
- Added new camo/texture selection button in the purchase menu (used for Taru Black variants).
- Added 'Get in' bypass to DLC vehicles for those who dont own DLC content.
- Added player count check to freeze income when server is empty.
- Added West/East layouts to starting town templates (Altis and Stratis only).
- Added Anti-Stack system.
- Fixed FFV positions being recognised as crewable positions in the purchase menu.
- Fixed ability to use airlift simultaneously with sling loading.
- Fixed UH-80 Ghosthawk (camo) not being able to airlift.
- Fixed medical truck using wrong variable for service menu range.
- Fixed AI commander spawning when AI: Teams is enabled but AI: Commander is disabled.
- Fixed repaired HQ not having lock/unlock option.
- Fixed Endgame sequence sometimes displaying the wrong side message.
- Fixed disconnecting commander not giving up commanding powers. 
- Optimized many functions with new commands native to Arma 3.
- Removed obsolete functions. 
- Removed obsolete ammo truck fix.
- Various minor code cleanups.

Stock 0.97 Fixes:
- Fixed some message typos.
- Fixed objects with placeholder picture in purchase menu causing errors.
- Fixed various Planes and Helicopters ignoring certain weapon upgrades.
- Fixed inaccurate worker count preventing max amount of workers from being built.

New Parameters:
- Base: HQ Deploy Cost ($100-$10000). 
- Gameplay: Kick team stackers (Enabled, Disabled)
- Gameplay: Kick team swappers (Enabled, Disabled)

Modified Parameters:
- Environment: Starting Hour (Added Daytime and Nighttime options)
- Towns: Amount (Added East and West templates)

Download link can be found in my original post, linked at the top of this one :)

Edited by Sari

Hi there, can anyone explain me in short how to add weapons from custom mods to this mission ?

Thanks in advance. :D

P.S I am amazed with this CTI missions, missed them soo much since ARMA 2 x)

You need the classnames of the weapon and any magazines it uses. extract the pbo and goto common > config > gear > gear_east/west.sqf and add the classnames in the appropriate sections (labelled magazines, weapons, uniforms etc) in the following format:

_i = _i + ["Classname"]; (your classname)

_u = _u + [2]; (gear upgrade level at which your weapon/mag will appear in the gear menu)

_p = _p + [200]; (price)

Ok, I did everything as you said and at first it worked. But after some more adding of new weapons and removing vanilla ones... I encountered serious problem. All weapons, equipment, uniforms... everything has gone from equipment menu ! There is just nothing to buy... What could be the problem ?? :O

Btw, thanks alot for help and quick reply. :)))

Sari I'm hosting Your BECTI variant on one of my CHIMERA servers, if you can make 32vs32 players variant, thanks :)

Ok, I did everything as you said and at first it worked. But after some more adding of new weapons and removing vanilla ones... I encountered serious problem. All weapons, equipment, uniforms... everything has gone from equipment menu ! There is just nothing to buy... What could be the problem ?? :O

Btw, thanks alot for help and quick reply. :)))

Sounds like you have a typo or you're missing a ; somewhere in one of your subsequent edits. Check your rpt file (c: users/*yourusername*/appdata/local/arma 3) there should be an error message in there somewhere which should pinpoint your problem. Also start arma with -showscripterrors, it will display any error message in game in realtime, makes finding things like this a lot easier.

Sari I'm hosting Your BECTI variant on one of my CHIMERA servers, if you can make 32vs32 players variant, thanks :)

Wow, I'm honoured (as im sure the others are)! I'll get on it the second I get home! Not had a lot of time for arma lately but I'll try to make some time to get on your server :)

edit: encountered some unexpected compliations along the way, but here's a link to the 64 player Altis file:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/6dy6o9

Its a bit rushed but I've given it a quick spin and it seems to be behaving. I've also put a quick fix in regarding an error in the AI commanders handling of HQ deployment, will have to update the rest of the files later on. Let me know if theres any issues or if you want any other maps doing :)

Edited by Sari

Interested to see what results you get from this Dwarden. Looking at AI impact on servers would be very useful indeed.

This is good to see and like Kremator, I'm curious to see what results you get from AI.

I figured it out somehow... it was typing error :D Thanks again Sari for your help and patience. x)

Have a nice day. :D

You need the classnames of the weapon and any magazines it uses. extract the pbo and goto common > config > gear > gear_east/west.sqf and add the classnames in the appropriate sections (labelled magazines, weapons, uniforms etc) in the following format:

_i = _i + ["Classname"]; (your classname)

_u = _u + [2]; (gear upgrade level at which your weapon/mag will appear in the gear menu)

_p = _p + [200]; (price)

Im trying to do the same thing except for a vehicle, i got the classname and everything but it does not seem to be showing on the buy list :/

heres what i got:

_c = _c + ['RDS_BMP1_AAF_01'];

_p = _p + [''];

_n = _n + [''];

_o = _o + [325];

_t = _t + [15];

_u = _u + [0];

_f = _f + [CTI_FACTORY_LIGHT];

_s = _s + [""];

Am I doing something wrong?

For vehicles you also need to add the classname to the list in common > config > factories > factories_east/west.sqf for the vehicles to show in the purchase menu. The units_east/west.sqf (which is what you have there) simply defines the vehicle parameters such as price, upgrade level etc.

For vehicles you also need to add the classname to the list in common > config > factories > factories_east/west.sqf for the vehicles to show in the purchase menu. The units_east/west.sqf (which is what you have there) simply defines the vehicle parameters such as price, upgrade level etc.

Ah thanks man XD. But how would you go about changing the uniforms and their weapons to a specific redfor custom faction?

EDIT: I figured out how to change the ones you buy at barracks, but what about the soldiers you start with? I cant figure out how to change them with the soldiers of the mod.

Edited by Soviet_Union

ok thats a 2 step thing:

1) open the mission in the editor and look for the grouped blufor and opfor units on the southern islands. Double click each one and change them for the units you want from your mod. Don't forget to change the descriptions of each unit if you change their roles (engineer, medic etc) otherwise they will show incorrectly in the MP lobby.

2) The mission forces a standard loadout for everyone on one side regardless of role so your mod units will still have standard arma 3 loadouts. To change these loadouts, goto common > init > init_common.sqf (off the top of my head, on my phone atm) and at or near the bottom there should be a few nice big arrays headered with something like CTI_EAST/WEST_DEFAULT_GEAR. Simply swap out weapon/ammo/uniform etc classnames for ones from your mod

Is there a way to stop vanilla trucks from rearming vehicles the vanilla way? I want to force players to use the service menu.

Is there a way to stop vanilla trucks from rearming vehicles the vanilla way? I want to force players to use the service menu.

If sendspace hasn't lost it, look at my 2nd to last revision on here. In common > functions > common_initializecustomvehicle.sqf, under 'case "service-ammo"' there should be something like '_vehicle setammocargo xxxxx;'. Setting that value to 0 should do the trick. I believe there's also similar commands for fuel and repair trucks as well.

As for the laser thing, I pass, don't think it can be done without a mod/config patch but I've been proven wrong on things like that before...

On my phone again so the above is all off the top of my head, probably not 100% accurate. Do some digging on the biki and whatnot to validate it.

Edited by Sari