Benny.

[SP/MP] BeCTI

I tried building an FOB using the repair truck but am having a little trouble. I selected the "ACTION: Request FOB Build Permission", build nothing seemed to happen after that. I am playing with AI at the moment, though, so the commander is AI controlled as well. Did nothing happen because the AI commander has to give permission but is unable to?

I tried building an FOB using the repair truck but am having a little trouble. I selected the "ACTION: Request FOB Build Permission", build nothing seemed to happen after that. I am playing with AI at the moment, though, so the commander is AI controlled as well. Did nothing happen because the AI commander has to give permission but is unable to?

Yep. You either have to be commander when you do this, or you have to use Zerty's version which has a param that allows you to build them without comm permission. Remember, this game mode wasn't designed for single player in mind.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Any updates of this in the future as this is a top game!

Benny is around, but likely very busy with RL stuff. His development cycle is always much slower than other people can handle most times. As a result, there have always been multiple forks that Benny eventually pulls inspiration from. The best one atm is being developed by Zerty, which you can find at http://jammywarfare.enjin.com/

Check out Zerty's server to play some good BECTI with 30+ players (French Based Server) or you can log onto my server which also hosts 30+ players in the afternoon (see my sig below).

I've made a few changes to Zerty's version which I believe balance things out a little better. See you on either server!

Tip for those running BECTI with full AI ... use the latest PERF binary (found in Servers and Administration). MUCH improved FPS and CPS.

I have no idea what this means.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169944-Arma-3-STABLE-server-1-14-quot-performance-binary-quot-feedback

1.14hotfix PERF1 server experimental binary has AI specific performance tweaks

PERF branch works as experimental code test bed based on STABLE branch ... (where the changes goes in this order PERF>DEV>STABLE)

Hey guys, I am fairly new to scripting, I know a fair amount about editing though. We are running an edited version of Zerty's which we have added:

1. All clothing and gear that is faction applicable, and any that is wearable by that faction (some is only CSAT compatible and if you wear it in NATO you will be naked. viceversa.)

2. Higher amounts of money.

3. Changed a few buildings around.

The one thing we cannot do but is the main annoyance of this mission is get rearming to work properly:

1. Via service menu:

With jets it just removes all the loadout and flares.

With helis - which is should technically work with it will usually rearm the cannons (Orca for example) but not the rockets at all. And usually it just removes flares. It is generally quite glitchy. Usually does similar things for any vehicles which need rearmed.

2. Via ammo trucks.

With anything, it seems to be that the ammo trucks have a limited resupply amount, I landed an Orca that was out of rockets and the machine gun was partially empty and it full reloaded the machine gun to 2000 rounds. But the rockets went from 0 to 3, max is 12

This whole process was 1000x better in the Arma 2 version, land next to a vehicle service point and that was it. But we can't do this anymore?

tl;dr

Basically, I am just looking for a reliable way to rearm ALL vehicles from empty/partially to full. It was super easy to do in Arma 2 - land next to a vehicle service point and it automatically rearmed, refuelled and repaired. Is there anyway to just attach a script like that to a repair depot building and land then just land within it's radius?

Thanks is advance if anyone can help :)

edit, also is adding towns just as easy as adding them in the editor?

Edited by RossM236

tl;dr

Basically, I am just looking for a reliable way to rearm ALL vehicles from empty/partially to full. It was super easy to do in Arma 2 - land next to a vehicle service point and it automatically rearmed, refuelled and repaired. Is there anyway to just attach a script like that to a repair depot building and land then just land within it's radius?

Thanks is advance if anyone can help :)

edit, also is adding towns just as easy as adding them in the editor?

Goto common > config > common_rearmvehicle.sqf, comment out line 35 (_vehicle setVehicleAmmoDef 1; ) and uncomment lines 38-50 (starts with a "/*" and ends with "*/". That setvehicleammodef seems to not work very well.

As to adding new towns its simply a case of copying one of the flagpoles and pasting it where you want it, change the name and value to what you want (ie [this, ""Kill Farm"", resistance, 75] > [this, ""awesome town"", resistance, 500]) and change the town name's number to something unique (i believe altis has 50 towns in stock 0.97 so your new towns would be town50, town51 etc).

edit: if youre running zertys file then that ammo thing should have already been fixed.

Edited by Sari
typo

Goto common > config > common_rearmvehicle.sqf, comment out line 35 (_vehicle setVehicleAmmoDef 1; ) and uncomment lines 38-50 (starts with a "/*" and ends with "*/". That setvehicleammodef seems to not work very well.

As to adding new towns its simply a case of copying one of the flagpoles and pasting it where you want it, change the name and value to what you want (ie [this, ""Kill Farm"", resistance, 75] > [this, ""awesome town"", resistance, 500]) and change the town name's number to something unique (i believe altis has 50 towns in stock 0.97 so your new towns would be town50, town51 etc).

edit: if youre running zertys file then that ammo thing should have already been fixed.

Awesome thanks, we noticed that you can't place base buildings very close together at all now? Is there anyway to change that? We've sifted through the files and couldn't immediately find anything :/

above file path should read common > functions > common_rearmvehicle not common > config, my bad!

As for the base buildings I dont know, but id imgaine client > functions > onplacingbuilding (or whatever its called) mught be a good place to start

1) I want to be able to control what contents spawn inside vehicles/crates when players purchase them from factories. Example: Panther, it's spawns with crazy amounts of gear and I want to reduce the gear. Anyone know how I could do this?

2) I want to be able to implement ASR AI or some other form of AI to act as Town Occupation/Resistance AI. How do I begin to do this?

3) With regards to BECTI Zerty, I want to start creating different strategic rounds so we can have some variety on the server. A point in the right direction on how to do this would be appreciated.

Thank you for any info you can provide!

-SS

1) I want to be able to control what contents spawn inside vehicles/crates when players purchase them from factories. Example: Panther, it's spawns with crazy amounts of gear and I want to reduce the gear. Anyone know how I could do this?

For completely removing all the contents you could add something like the following to common > functions > common_initializenetvehicle.sqf:

if !(_classname isKindof "Man") then {
      clearItemCargoGlobal _vehicle;
      clearMagazineCargoGlobal _vehicle;
      clearWeaponCargoGlobal _vehicle;     
};

If you want to "control" the contents then you're going to have to get a bit more creative than that. Depends on what you want I guess.

2) I want to be able to implement ASR AI or some other form of AI to act as Town Occupation/Resistance AI. How do I begin to do this?

Daft question, can you simply run ASR as a serverside mod?

3) With regards to BECTI Zerty, I want to start creating different strategic rounds so we can have some variety on the server. A point in the right direction on how to do this would be appreciated.

Pass...

edit, theres actually a function for vehicle cargo in there that does pretty much what you describe. Take a look at Common > Functions > Common_EquipVehicleCargoSpace. It only seems to be used for the starting vehicles at the moment.

Edited by Sari

@SpanishSurfer

You could try something like this in \Common\Functions\Common_CreateVehicle.sqf

if (_type == "Classname") then

{

_vehicle addMagazineCargoGlobal ["classname", 5];

};

Not tested.

Although an easier solution is to add the

at the end of the file so all vehicles have ammo in inventory's removed.

As for ASR_AI etc. as far as I remember they are server side mods so you just run it on the server and it effects all AI globally.

No idea about Zertys :)

If I run ASR AI as a server side mod wont that interfere with that bit of code Zerty injected into BECTI? I believe it's your script Bl1P! :)

If I run ASR AI as a server side mod wont that interfere with that bit of code Zerty injected into BECTI? I believe it's your script Bl1P! :)

Ahh right the AI_Skill function hmmm yer it would overwrite that (I think :) )

Unsure to be honest only tests would show

Depends on what you need. Do you want to remove randomly towns or links or something else?

For anyone who has added the A-143/To-199 to the mission, heres a fix for AA/AT/FFAR upgrades not working with them, just drag and drop rar contents into common > functions:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3i7kny

I reported what I believe to be an incorrect config parent for the FFAR rockets (link) . If im right and BIS fixes it then the old sanitizeFFAR script should once again work.

If its of any use to anyone, the cause of the gear_config_set.sqf "reserved variable in expression" error on round start since V1.12 is related to binoculars somehow. Whilst I dont know how to fix it, I found removing/commenting out binos in common > config > gear > gear_east/west, as well as replacing binos in any templates with rangefinders made the error go away. Perhaps with that hint someone who know better than me can figure out a better solution :)

I also have something slightly more impressive to show here soon, just cant stop fiddling with the files and changing things before I can decide its done...

Edited by Sari

Is any one else having a a issue with the Ai not firing on anybody? This is with zerty and benny version:mad:

Is any one else having a a issue with the Ai not firing on anybody? This is with zerty and benny version:mad:

Happens normally when you alter the mission a bit but forget to put Independents to Friendly to Nobody