Benny.

[SP/MP] BeCTI

Would it be possible to make workers run when there's something to build?

Sometimes they wander off quite far and especially when building naval factories a bit further away from base it takes them too long to get there and the building despawns.

clientside fps jump is normal ... because it resets the rendering of lighting and clouds etc. plus in case of AI there must be recheck too

Ah that's it, good to know.

Sometimes they wander off quite far and especially when building naval factories a bit further away from base it takes them too long to get there and the building despawns.

That because they are in Careless Mode. If we change that I guess that they will try to take cover if they spot an enemy and switch to a combat mode, reducing their efficiency.

You can alter these two values in ComonConstants

CTI_BASE_WORKERS_WANDER_RANGE = ##;

CTI_BASE_WORKERS_WANDER_RANGE_MAX = ##;

Sets how far they wander from base when inactive. Kinda keeps them closer to the base if needed

Would it be possible to integrate something like ALiVE's caching into BECTI? Seems like this would be a perfect fit for this type of game play and scale of the area and number of units involved. The thing that I like is that ALiVE's caching system is that unlike other caching methods, their OPCOM module's "Virtual AI groups" continue to move, operate, and fight.

For those who aren't familiar with ALiVE, when a player comes into range the AI will seamlessly spawn into the visual game world. Due to this virtual unit system, many units will be able to operate simultaneously across the map, presumably with minimal impact on performance.

Edited by skadog

Would it be possible to integrate something like ALiVE's caching into BECTI? Seems like this would be a perfect fit for this type of game play and scale of the area and number of units involved. The thing that I like is that ALiVE's caching system is that unlike other caching methods, their OPCOM module's "Virtual AI groups" continue to move, operate, and fight.

For those who aren't familiar with ALiVE, when a player comes into range the AI will seamlessly spawn into the visual game world. Due to this virtual unit system, many units will be able to operate simultaneously across the map, presumably with minimal impact on performance.

Have the devs of alive released how they did the Virtual unit system ?

Also think on this one

In the edit I did of Bennys I removed all player controlled AI and all AI teams.

The only time it created AI is when a player was close to a town.

Even so that was enuf to reduce server fps to unplayable if 2 or 3 large towns got activated at once.

For me the Alive system would not be any different to what is currently going on.

The server would still be overloaded once the players got in range of the towns.

I can see how it might help for the original version where AI teams where not close to any players.

PS. I consider unplayable less than 20 server fps.

Maybe unplayable is the wrong word lets call it laggy as hell :)

Edited by BL1P

You can limit the max number of spawned profiles in ALiVE. The only problem with that is that right now there is no sophisticated system in dealing with the overflow profiles. They simply get deleted once you are in range and are then placed at one of the reinforcement spots. You'd need something like a limit-per-player that adds up when more than 1 player is in range. Or something based around server FPS.

ALiVE profiling would definately help, but i doubt that it's easy to implement in its current form. I guess Benny would have to directly work together with their dev team, especially because modifying ALiVE for the purposes of your mission is not allowed.

especially because modifying ALiVE for the purposes of your mission is not allowed.

That said, I see no point making an effort to bring becti to Alive.

By the way............where is Benny?

I think he left and that's it !

And this children is how rumors get started...

He's probably just taking a break. All of us get sick of playing the same game over and over - even our favorite games. Maybe six months down the line he'll get some arma cravings and we'll see him around again!

Heya. I can't seem to replace my gear - I can't buy ammo for new guns or buy any vests/uniforms/backpacks.

Is there a fix or is this bugged?

Heya. I can't seem to replace my gear - I can't buy ammo for new guns or buy any vests/uniforms/backpacks.

Is there a fix or is this bugged?

All you do is drag and drop then press buy button

All you do is drag and drop then press buy button

I have been. Everytime I try to buy a scuba uniform and all everything else, I press buy, it takes the money, but it keeps my current gear set.

I still can't figure out how to enable bounty for every unit you or your AI's kill (including infantry!). And how to raise the amount of cash you get for capturing a town. Help would be appreciated.

Is there a way I can reduce the number of AI squad members? My game starts chugging badly when there's more than 15-20 of them.

Is there a way I can reduce the number of AI squad members? My game starts chugging badly when there's more than 15-20 of them.

Do you mean ?

1. The amount of AI in a players team,

2. The amount of AI Team leaders or

3. The AI Team Leaders amount of AI squad members ?

1 = Alter this in Init_CommonConstants.sqf

CTI_PLAYERS_GROUPSIZE =

2 = Remove the amount of AI team leaders you wish from the editor.

3 = alter this in Init_CommonConstants.sqf

CTI_AI_TEAMS_GROUPSIZE =

Hope that helps

Edited by BL1P