Benny.

[SP/MP] BeCTI

Thanks Zerty!

I believe the answer is no to this question Zerty however, Is there a way to modify the ranges for artillery when using the ballistic computer?

I dont believe you can change that without making a addon that create another class of mortar/ammo that inherits from the default ones.

Edited by ZertyKchan

I'm a long time fan of benny warfare and got a few suggestions/requests:

It would be good to be able to buy stuff into a vehicles cargo space, just like you can buy gear for soldiers in your group.

Currently the mortars from resistance towns will always know your location and repeatedly fire on your position even if no enemy had visual contact on you for quite a while (at least from what I tested earlier today).

Adding some static weapons to towns would be great too.

Resistance groups are acting dumb and capping a town doesn't require too much effort.

Right now groups are just mindlessly running around in somewhat predefined routes and ignore it if other groups from the same town are being engaged.

If it's possible to add UPSMON behavior with a parameter would make capping towns more of a challenge.

Really looking forward to 1.0!

Cheers and keep up the good work!

Grumpy answer to some of your questions:

It would be good to be able to buy stuff into a vehicles cargo space, just like you can buy gear for soldiers in your group.

This is already in the works by benny and zerty

Currently the mortars from resistance towns will always know your location and repeatedly fire on your position even if no enemy had visual contact on you for quite a while (at least from what I tested earlier today).

You're now talking about the modifications made by Zerty, which is not done by Benny. Zerty is also working on this request

Adding some static weapons to towns would be great too.

Resistance groups are acting dumb and capping a town doesn't require too much effort.

Right now groups are just mindlessly running around in somewhat predefined routes and ignore it if other groups from the same town are being engaged.

If it's possible to add UPSMON behavior with a parameter would make capping towns more of a challenge.

Honestly, no matter what ai mod you use AI will always be easy VS players

Hope that helps.

Edited by SpanishSurfer

Can someone help me with my question.

Vehicles left for some time on the battlefield 5-10 minutes keep disappearing. Is this a bug or feature?

Bought a Jeep once and I engaged a town...leaving the vehicle empty and locked behind...after the engagement was done i returned to the place where i parked the vehicle and it was gone.

Depends on the server on the length of time a vehicle will remain but yes it's a script. On our server vehicles that are empty for 20min will despawn. To get around this leave 1 ai inside the vehicle and it will stay there as long as you want it.

Honestly, no matter what ai mod you use AI will always be easy VS players

UPSMON isn't a mod, it's a script and used by many mission makers to add replayability and a more authentic combat behavior to enemy units.

It would be a change to the current "sitting ducks" in towns.

Thanks for your response

UPSMON isn't a mod, it's a script and used by many mission makers to add replayability and a more authentic combat behavior to enemy units.

It would be a change to the current "sitting ducks" in towns.

Thanks for your response

I've used UPSMON, ASR_AI, ZEUS AI, FFIS, and prob several others that I can't remember....always same result, AI get steam rolled by decent players and they're more of an annoyance then a challenge. You put a decent player in the mix and it's a lot more challenging. Which is why I really want to change the resistance by making it player operated. Not only will it improve server FPS (since server CPU wont have to calculate AI, only clients comp will do that) but it will provide a more challenging platform for all.

Depends on the server on the length of time a vehicle will remain but yes it's a script. On our server vehicles that are empty for 20min will despawn. To get around this leave 1 ai inside the vehicle and it will stay there as long as you want it.

Thanks for elaborating.

I was wondering if some other fella might just take my hard earned money GTA stlye.

I could really use a hand if i want to change these values.

Where can i find them?

Empty vehicles should stay for 30 or 45 minutes in case there are longer engagements.

In my case taking Girna at the near beginning took a lot of time because 3 armored vehicles were positioned inside and around the city. With no real armed forces and only AT-squad members casualties were high but in the end Girna was taken....but my jeep left in the woods just vanished. :)

Thanks for elaborating.

I was wondering if some other fella might just take my hard earned money GTA stlye.

I could really use a hand if i want to change these values.

Where can i find them?

Empty vehicles should stay for 30 or 45 minutes in case there are longer engagements.

In my case taking Girna at the near beginning took a lot of time because 3 armored vehicles were positioned inside and around the city. With no real armed forces and only AT-squad members casualties were high but in the end Girna was taken....but my jeep left in the woods just vanished. :)

Check the ingame parameters before you launch the mission.

Check the ingame parameters before you launch the mission.

I was playing on stratis so if i might have missed that sorry.

Also i read that if you want to add weaponry into the mission, you have to do this manually.

Are there plans on adding http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160599-NATO-SF-and-Russian-Spetsnaz-WEAPONS-for-A3 these in a future patch?

Is it even possible to replace weapons all at once? Soldiers spawning with an M240 or M4A1 instead of a MX?

Same question goes for Uniforms. I would like to see the standard uniforms be replaced with US Marine uniforms.

I would be happy with any kind of help. Thanks in advance.

finally i have see the red force....but my side don't shoot them and them don't shoot at the blue force.....

Hi guys!

First of all, I'm italian and do not speak english very well... so... sorry for all the possible errors.

Then... I really love this mod\mission but... i like to play it in single player and there are few problems that actually broke my fun playing. The most funbreaking is the impossibility to have ai teams use transports for moving along long distances. I have tryed to use the "Get In" and the "Get In (cargo)" commands but with no effect. Am i doing something wrong? Can someone help me or explain me what is the problem?

Edit: I'm playing on a private lan server with ai teams only.

Edited by ADAM_79

Hi guys!

First of all, I'm italian and do not speak english very well... so... sorry for all the possible errors.

Then... I really love this mod\mission but... i like to play it in single player and there are few problems that actually broke my fun playing. The most funbreaking is the impossibility to have ai teams use transports for moving along long distances. I have tryed to use the "Get In" and the "Get In (cargo)" commands but with no effect. Am i doing something wrong? Can someone help me or explain me what is the problem?

Edit: I'm playing on a private lan server with ai teams only.

You have to unlock the vehicle first. Either do it yourself in the vehicle interaction menu. Or let your AI do it.

I have tried the following:

1) Buy an Heavy Transport from the Light Vehicle Factory (with the red lockpick icon active and no driver)

2) Unlocked and Drived the Heavy Transport to the Bravo Team (infantry)

3) Given the order (via the "Team" interface of the Commanding menù) "Get In (cargo)"

4) The Bravo Team says something like "Boarding nearest friendly trasport" but nothing happen

I have also tried giving the "Get In" and the "Get In (cargo)" with me onboard as driver and without me onboard but... nothing happen. The team say that they are taking control or boarding but nothing happen.

I have also tried same procedure with a Panther buyed without the red lockpick icon active. Same result.

I am talking of the AI Teams like Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, ecc ecc... not my team members.

Any further suggestions?:j:

I have tried the following:

1) Buy an Heavy Transport from the Light Vehicle Factory (with the red lockpick icon active and no driver)

2) Unlocked and Drived the Heavy Transport to the Bravo Team (infantry)

3) Given the order (via the "Team" interface of the Commanding menù) "Get In (cargo)"

4) The Bravo Team says something like "Boarding nearest friendly trasport" but nothing happen

I have also tried giving the "Get In" and the "Get In (cargo)" with me onboard as driver and without me onboard but... nothing happen. The team say that they are taking control or boarding but nothing happen.

I have also tried same procedure with a Panther buyed without the red lockpick icon active. Same result.

I am talking of the AI Teams like Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, ecc ecc... not my team members.

Any further suggestions?:j:

Ah sorry, I realise that you mean the other AI Teams. Well I need to test this because I have never even tried that.

for me RED and BLUE don't fight...i see fight only with the green force... i play is sp with mission in sp folder....

---------- Post added at 14:15 ---------- Previous post was at 14:14 ----------

i want to play is sp folder for fast time option

I seem to be having some trouble with the AI aswell.

Playing on my own on a dedicated server(i7,12gb ram, linux if it matters) with AI, after a while the AI just stop moving and hang around the base. In a game I left running for about 2 hours only 3 squads where still moving.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that was on Stratis with an AI commander.

Edited by Moorey

I seem to be having some trouble with the AI aswell.

Playing on my own on a dedicated server(i7,12gb ram, linux if it matters) with AI, after a while the AI just stop moving and hang around the base. In a game I left running for about 2 hours only 3 squads where still moving.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that was on Stratis with an AI commander.

Which version ?

Is there any chance to have Ai Teams (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, ecc.) transport implemented (like i have explained some posts above)? It could be e really amazing feature in SP....

or... can someone tell me some sort of workaround on how to capture towns far distant from the homebase with AI infantry teams?

I am in pause with this mission because the lack of such feature and this is the mission i like most (if not the only i play apart from my own made missions (which are not dynamic at all))... :(

Thought I'd forgotten something else, I'm using 0.97.

Bennys or someone elses ?

Anyway sometimes the leader of the group will not be able to find his path normally because hes stuck near an object or something. (it may look like he can move to you but the AI sees something that has fucked with his mind)

Try killing the leader and see if that fixes him.

Appart from that unsure and could well be a BIS path-finding problem for the AI.

Edited by BL1P

Bl1P, I run BECTI - Zerty 1.1.7 and I was looking over the code you have in this mission. I want to configure it so that AI uses the LEAST amount of CPU resources as possible, what should I do to achieve this?

Bl1P, I run BECTI - Zerty 1.1.7 and I was looking over the code you have in this mission. I want to configure it so that AI uses the LEAST amount of CPU resources as possible, what should I do to achieve this?
^^ Don't use as many AI... simples.

Which AI ?

Enemy AI

or

AI teams

or

Player AI

I cant remember what Zerty is using code wise that I did probably the AI skill function ?

Anyway for the best performance and the game style I liked in the edit I made for our server.

All player AI was removed and AI teams where off

This made server performance Very good in general

Although because of that I did add new types of Enemy AI

The server we where using could NOT cope if 4 towns where activated at once specially if 2 or more where value =>400

( generally if the AI count reached 200+ which is why I added scripts to mine which would start reducing the amount of AI created if the servers AI count reached 150 )

That was with all Player AI off and AI teams off

I consider a server not coping if server fps drops below 20 for more than 1 minute

Some will argue that its still playable thats true but its shit compared to 40+fps

So yes basically what Kremator said :)

If your server has enough players regularly IMHO you don't need Player AI or AI Teams.

It does make it really hard to play like that and quite a few didn't like that Hardcore style but I don't give a #### :P.

Edited by BL1P