Benny.

[SP/MP] BeCTI

What do you all think about modifying the 3rd faction (Resistance) by changing it so its entirely controlled by players. They would also be much smaller in size, lets say a max of 6 people. With each player being a team leader capable of commanding a specified amount of AI (parameters to control this). Give them random spawn points all over the map as well as the ability to spawn in any of the towns they own. Their whole job to disrupt both enemy sides. They could have basic weapons and carry satchels and mines. Have their own commander who can do upgrades/etc (The upgrade tree being very limited of course, basic RPG costing lots to upgrade).

How this faction could acquire vehicles/etc I'm not sure but what do you all think? I'd prefer to battle it out with players acting as guerrilla forces rather then fight the AI all the time.

That sounds like a pretty awesome idea, SpanishSurfer! Seconded. Any chance we might see this? :-D

Hello Map maker great map however i have found a bug

In single Player the other team dosent seem to even move from there HQ they dont cap towns and also dont seem to even care i am there. i went looking for them in my chopper and i found them with there HQ they just stand there and it seems like there all on some really good drugs :D

(i want what they get!)

As i really dont like PVP and better like gameplay such as VS ai and commanding a shit ton of tanks i feel like if there is a fix for this that it would make life alot better :D

Thank you for your time

First off... THANK YOU BENNY. A friend and I have been having a blast on this :D

Questions though. I'm using the Steam version, and I've been trying to tweak the mission so we can start out with more money (and a few other things). Main problem is that when AI is enabled, they immediately start purchasing ridiculous amounts of units so that within 10-15 minutes the game is chugging and almost unplayable. That means they aren't out capturing towns, which means we do all the work, which means it's very slow going... on Stratis it took us about 5 hours to capture all the towns with AI disabled. I don't want to think about how long that would take on Altis :butbut:

Anyway, I unpacked the PBO and started looking through it, and found that I can tweak starting money AND the number of units the AI can purchase. Problem is that when I re-pack and drop it into the mission folder, it doesn't show up in multiplayer missions. I think I should rename it, but it seems there'd be many files that would need to be changed if that's the case. Any ideas on how to do this without tearing my hair out? Maybe I'm putting it in the wrong place as well?

We're not concerned with balance.

Also... is there a secret to placing the naval yard? About 90% of the time my boats end up worthless on dry land with engines in the red. I've placed it as close to the water as I can several times and in several different orientations but it seems to happen any way I do it.

Thanks for any help :)

How far away are next version ?? Really miss WarfareBE :D

First off... THANK YOU BENNY. A friend and I have been having a blast on this :D

Questions though. I'm using the Steam version, and I've been trying to tweak the mission so we can start out with more money (and a few other things). Main problem is that when AI is enabled, they immediately start purchasing ridiculous amounts of units so that within 10-15 minutes the game is chugging and almost unplayable. That means they aren't out capturing towns, which means we do all the work, which means it's very slow going... on Stratis it took us about 5 hours to capture all the towns with AI disabled. I don't want to think about how long that would take on Altis :butbut:

Anyway, I unpacked the PBO and started looking through it, and found that I can tweak starting money AND the number of units the AI can purchase. Problem is that when I re-pack and drop it into the mission folder, it doesn't show up in multiplayer missions. I think I should rename it, but it seems there'd be many files that would need to be changed if that's the case. Any ideas on how to do this without tearing my hair out? Maybe I'm putting it in the wrong place as well?

We're not concerned with balance.

Also... is there a secret to placing the naval yard? About 90% of the time my boats end up worthless on dry land with engines in the red. I've placed it as close to the water as I can several times and in several different orientations but it seems to happen any way I do it.

Thanks for any help :)

Place it in the MPMissions folder

Place it in the MPMissions folder

That's where I had it. Would I have to unsubscribe to the Steam version for it to work?

What do you all think about modifying the 3rd faction (Resistance) by changing it so its entirely controlled by players. They would also be much smaller in size, lets say a max of 6 people. With each player being a team leader capable of commanding a specified amount of AI (parameters to control this). Give them random spawn points all over the map as well as the ability to spawn in any of the towns they own. Their whole job to disrupt both enemy sides. They could have basic weapons and carry satchels and mines. Have their own commander who can do upgrades/etc (The upgrade tree being very limited of course, basic RPG costing lots to upgrade).

How this faction could acquire vehicles/etc I'm not sure but what do you all think? I'd prefer to battle it out with players acting as guerrilla forces rather then fight the AI all the time.

Hell. Yes.

That's where I had it. Would I have to unsubscribe to the Steam version for it to work?

So you un-pboed the the mission edited it and then re-pboed it with a different version number ?

Then placed that pbo in your servers or games ArmA3\MPMissions ?

So you un-pboed the the mission edited it and then re-pboed it with a different version number ?

Then placed that pbo in your servers or games ArmA3\MPMissions ?

Er... everything but the version number (I'm new to this). How do I go about changing that?

if i play in sp, with the mission in sp folder,i have some ways to respawn?

just put it in mp folder and play on own game via "new" on the server search screen and then select lan as game type.

you can save your progress there as well and no issues with any scipts

just put it in mp folder and play on own game via "new" on the server search screen and then select lan as game type.

you can save your progress there as well and no issues with any scipts

yes, but in mp folder i don't have the fast time option :O))

Hi, awesome mod thank you for that.

But i experienced something i dont know if that is working as intended.

When I buy vehicles in SP and i leave them alone because of an engagement and that firefight takes some time...I return to my vehicle and its gone.

Attacking a town and realising that after the attack your ride is gone and you have to walk 3 miles back to your base for some reason is...well...not nice. :)

Er... everything but the version number (I'm new to this). How do I go about changing that?

Update on this, I've tried every method I can of placing the PBO into the MP folder (changing names, changing data, putting JUST the mission file into the folder, etc) and nothing is working. Doesn't pop up in Multiplayer. I've tried putting it into the editor folders as well and it doesn't come up there either. Can someone walk me through this? I'm a bit frustrated...

Update on this, I've tried every method I can of placing the PBO into the MP folder (changing names, changing data, putting JUST the mission file into the folder, etc) and nothing is working. Doesn't pop up in Multiplayer. I've tried putting it into the editor folders as well and it doesn't come up there either. Can someone walk me through this? I'm a bit frustrated...

Ill be happy to help m8.

add me on steam BL1P

Then ill get you into a ts3 and we can talk through it ?

My steam Icon is jesus giving the finger :)

Is there a way to modify the ranges for artillery when using the ballistic computer? Example: Currently mortar ranges are (short, medium, far) with each setting having a specified number (500, 2000, 4000). I want to change these numbers server side so that the change will impact all players using the ballistic computer. I found artillery.sqf in BECTI but that didn't seem to change the ballistic computer numbers, just the mission settings which disables the ballistic computer.

Thanks!

Have you tried this :-

\Common\Config\Artillery

Artillery.sqf

_c = []; //--- Classname
_m = []; //--- Magazines
_b = []; //--- Burst
_r = []; //--- Ranges

_c = _c + ["B_Mortar_01_F"];
_m = _m + [["8Rnd_82mm_Mo_shells", "8Rnd_82mm_Mo_Smoke_white", "8Rnd_82mm_Mo_Flare_white", "8Rnd_82mm_Mo_LG"]];
_b = _b + [[1, 2, 4, 8]];
_r = _r + [[[100,2500], [100,3000], [100,3500], [100,4000]]];

haven't tested it as I have arty disabled but change the _r = _r values to what you want ?

might work

Hey guys, Benny, Love your work, been playing it since ARMA II.

Few questions though....

Does the difficulty you choose when you first boot up the scenario affect the difficulty of the AI, whether it is the town AI, or the opposing teams AI?

And also, I seem to remember back in ARMA II, you were able to have it so all enemy kills gave you a small amount of money. I noticed that sometimes if you destroy an enemy vehicle you are rewarded with some money, but it doesn't seem to happen if you kill an enemy soldier. Is there any way to enable this?

Thanks in advance

Have you tried this :-

\Common\Config\Artillery

Artillery.sqf

_c = []; //--- Classname
_m = []; //--- Magazines
_b = []; //--- Burst
_r = []; //--- Ranges

_c = _c + ["B_Mortar_01_F"];
_m = _m + [["8Rnd_82mm_Mo_shells", "8Rnd_82mm_Mo_Smoke_white", "8Rnd_82mm_Mo_Flare_white", "8Rnd_82mm_Mo_LG"]];
_b = _b + [[1, 2, 4, 8]];
_r = _r + [[[100,2500], [100,3000], [100,3500], [100,4000]]];

haven't tested it as I have arty disabled but change the _r = _r values to what you want ?

might work

Yes I modified those values, however they only affect the parameters when arty computer is disabled.

Bl1p, 1) I want to increase the cost of rearming a mortar (2) I want to increase the amount players receive for each town capture... how do I do this?

Edited by SpanishSurfer

Yes I modified those values, however they only affect the parameters when arty computer is disabled.

Bl1p, 1) I want to increase the cost of rearming a mortar (2) I want to increase the amount players receive for each town capture... how do I do this?

1 dunno

2 in Client\Functions\Client_OnTownCapture.sqf

if (time - _last_capture <= CTI_TOWNS_CAPTURE_BOUNTY_DELAY) then { _value = round(_value / 4) };

try altering the / 4 ?

Otherwise dunno :)

That code is for the delay. Basically, if you capture a town and then the resistance AI recaps the town, it prevents people from just letting resistance take it over and over and building up their cash.

1) I want to increase the cost of rearming a mortar (2) I want to increase the amount players receive for each town capture... how do I do this?

1)Init_CommonConstants.sqf >CTI_SERVICE_PRICE_REAMMO_COEF = <change value (percent of price)>;

2) Client_OnTownCaptured.sqf > After line 53 add a _value = _value * <ratio>;

1)Init_CommonConstants.sqf >CTI_SERVICE_PRICE_REAMMO_COEF = <change value (percent of price)>;

2) Client_OnTownCaptured.sqf > After line 53 add a _value = _value * <ratio>;

So your doing

{ _value = round(_value / 4) };

_value = _value * 2;

example town = 100 -- ratio = 2

100 = 100 / 4 (25)

25 = 25 * 2 (50)

when you could just do { _value = round(_value / 2) };

couldn't you ?

Edit oh i see after the if and re value the value got it :)

Edited by BL1P

Thanks Zerty!

I believe the answer is no to this question Zerty however, Is there a way to modify the ranges for artillery when using the ballistic computer?