Benny.

[SP/MP] BeCTI

PublicVariableFunction, those are used to send messages (which can run functions or change local variables) to the clients, server and so on

You should use the last one, I tweaked several stuff in it and there should not have any error left (normally, but i got some on JIP when the server cps is dropping for some reason).

Anyway benny, if you want to implement some sort of territorial mode, you are free to use parts of my code (as long as you keep proper credits :) ). If you need a DL link for the code, send me a private.

Too late mate :)

Oh, and before I forget, some video link that could be used to make the promotion of the warfare BE. Taken during a match between the Jammy warfare and arma2.ru servers :

Cheers.

Ola,

No problems, feel free to send it. Thought i'm going to do some special stuff to my territorial version :)

Nice video btw ;)

I was playing last night, and I was using the AI micro management window to give orders to my squad. I had told my squad to capture X city and when they did, the started to move to the next one, so I told my squad to get in the truck I was driving and as soon as they got in, they would get out and continue to the next city, or also they would all get in, but as soon as I stopped the truck they would all get off again. Is there any way to cancel/stop an order/command?

Micro AI tend to have conflicts with direct orders. I'll see if I'm able to improve it.

playing is sp mode i only see enemy resistence in town, but don't see the enemy faction (WEST) conquer the city...is normal?

Was it on stratis or altis? did you have alot of towns?

2days 6hrs and some minutes

This error started to happen to all clients

When they joined so was JIP related.

Error in expression <ex < _m) then {_x setGroupID [_milalpha select _forEachIndex]};

if (CTI_IsClient>

Error position: <select _forEachIndex]};

if (CTI_IsClient>

Error Zero divisor

File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\Common\Init\Init_GroupsID.sqf, line 12

Error in expression <{_x setVariable ["cti_alias", _milalpha select _forEachIndex]};

} forEach (_x ge>

Error position: <select _forEachIndex]};

} forEach (_x ge>

Error Zero divisor

File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\Common\Init\Init_GroupsID.sqf, line 13

This alone didn't crash the game but it did mean that acre would then crash TS not thats any fault of the mission.

And I know you don't support any mods atm.

anyway the server will be restarted not bad 2 days 6 hrs :)

Glad to see it running fine. I'll look for that zero divisor error.

Thanks! I know you get a lot of messages, so I'll try to keep this short. I'll keep an eye on SteamWorkshop and here for a source code repository link before I try writing any code.

If you don't mind people doing whatever they want with your code, I would feel better with an explicit BSD, or MIT etc. license packaged with it to guarantee those freedoms, at the least so I know how to license my own contributions. I don't mind the GPL either, because I wouldn't use your code in a closed-source project without specifically asking anyway, and I can't imagine why anybody else would.

Thank you for your time and for the great game!

I'm not really into copyrights and stuff as I'm mostly doing this for fun thought I'll have a look asap.

Hi Spanish!

I totally agree with spanish. I notice a strategic mode on some warfare maps, which is good. Also maybe Parameters that can be tweaked to enable the ability to change the game drastically. For example, adjustable total number of towns that are playable and Number of towns that need to be taken for a win condition. This would give the server admins the ability to change dynamics of game without huge adjustment to original Warfare game. Maybe a Parameter for increased MHQ armour to stop base hunters. All in all 0.97 runs very well though, thanks for your effort, it is very much appreciated.

Hey Winston!

Here's an idea for you Benny.

Solution to artillery being spammed all the time. Give commanders the option to build a "Artillery Detection" building or upgrade that allows the commander to see an approximate location of where the artillery is coming from when in map mode, the exact location more accurate with every shot fired by the artillery. I know the US military has a system like this as do many others. I believe its called counter-battery radar.

Hi Spanish!

I totally agree with spanish. I notice a strategic mode on some warfare maps, which is good. Also maybe Parameters that can be tweaked to enable the ability to change the game drastically. For example, adjustable total number of towns that are playable and Number of towns that need to be taken for a win condition. This would give the server admins the ability to change dynamics of game without huge adjustment to original Warfare game. Maybe a Parameter for increased MHQ armour to stop base hunters. All in all 0.97 runs very well though, thanks for your effort, it is very much appreciated.

A new territorial parameter will be present in the next one and more parameters will see the light soon.

Hey Winston!

Here's an idea for you Benny.

Solution to artillery being spammed all the time. Give commanders the option to build a "Artillery Detection" building or upgrade that allows the commander to see an approximate location of where the artillery is coming from when in map mode, the exact location more accurate with every shot fired by the artillery. I know the US military has a system like this as do many others. I believe its called counter-battery radar.

Due to the lack of structures for that I'll be using the CC for artillery projectile detection. Or maybe some strategic emplacements on the map.

Benny, new glitch regarding UAVs. I've noticed my AA AI turret defense was not engaging any enemy UAVs. I thought it was the server load and the AI just acting dumb however when I jumped into the turret I noticed I could not lock onto the UAV and that they were showing up as grey "neutral" boxes on radar. I believe this is why my AI are almost never engaging enemy UAVs. I tested this several times, sometimes they appear as enemy red boxes and sometimes they are grey boxes. I recommend this issue be addressed and if it's not possible to fix UAVs removed until they can be properly engaged.

The AI is a little to unresponsive. They just sit around even when you unflip them. For eg: when you command them to Take and Hold they keep moving to other un captured towns and very slowly. Is there any way to make them more responsive to the commanders commands?

Remembered an old idea I had that never got to see the light of day. It would be great to have a parameter that allowed server admins to specify what types of units can be built by players/teams. For example: ability to remove tanks from a match, or tanks/jets/attack helis, or just jets/attack helis, or remove all artillery and UAVs...a system that allowed us to give variety to each match. When we played on Arma 2 BECTI, sometimes we wanted to have a match that involved only light vehicles and transport helicopters. By having the ability to change what sort of vehicles/aircraft are available to a player we can have VERY different types of matches, rather then always having the SAME exact combined operations that we all see, and love. This changed things up a bit and kept it fresh and it simulates real life battles, lets face it armies don't always have tanks/jets/helicopters available in their arsenal while the other side might be.

To add to that above, same concept except with player equipment. Ability to do night matches WITHOUT NVGs available to both sides would be nice. Or matches where high powered rifles and guided AT aren't available would be ideal as well.

And being able to customize which side gets what would be pretty great too. You could create some very interesting missions.

I'm only looking for parameters that would allow server admins to change these things, so if you don't like anything I said above you would leave the parameters in the default setting and the game will run normal.

Can someone give me a hint on how to add new gear to the barracks? I had no problem editing the A2 versions in the past, but I'm not able to have new gear showing up in the current version of this great mission.

I simply added additional content to the Gear_West.sqf / Gear_East.sqf files in Common\Config\Gear, but this doesn't seem to have any effect. In the older versions for Arma2 you had to make changes to at least two separate config files to get it to work, but I don't know what more to edit here. So any help would be great, as I would like to switch out those fantasy guns for some good old US and Russian Rifles / Equipment.

Why are there no capturable camps any longer? (used to rearm and respawn)

Benny, you may know the answer to this question:

We have gotten HC to work with BECTI .97 but we have a minor issue.

The HC is making the top SLOT, which is the commander slot, disappear. Only way to get it to work is to have people fill the cmdr slots first, then connect HC, and physically move him into the civilian side. While in the game lobby, I also have to click the disable AI and then enable AI in the civilian side (designated HC slot) because it seems to be locked, once I do this I can move the HC into the civilian slot (I mention this because I believe this might be the issue).

We need the HC to auto join the civilian side without "eating" the top commander slots, anyone have any ideas?

NM!!! I found Page 17 had the answers to this question.

Edited by SpanishSurfer

Anyone one else have a problem with ai swimming when they're on land? Is this a bug in CTI or BIS? As well as using any support being medics or engineers?

Playing CTI now and had an idea. Ability for the commander to purchase ammo crates would be nice. They could spawn in front of the barracks and cost about $500. Ammo crates could have the ability to load into big trucks and be airlifted. Dropping them from a heli would result in a parachute opening and dropping safely. A lot of times guys move in on foot into towns and run out of ammo...those eager pilots could at least provide us with ammo from the air (or trucks).

Got another request. Ability to turn off RESISTANCE AI and/OR TOWN OCCUPATION AI would be appreciated. This can result in a very different style of game play and would be more of a PVP. This style would be work with strategic mode.

Edited by SpanishSurfer
New Idea

Evening,

firstly many many thanks for a great mod - my brother and I loved the CTI mode in ARMA2 so really pleased to find that Benny has given this functionality to ARMA3 - really enjoying it.

I do have a couple of questions that would appreciate someone helping me with:

FOB - given that it's such a massive environment the idea of being able to use the Repair Truck to create a FOB to spawn at it crucial, only can't seem to get it to work. So firstly does a human player have to be commander for the request to be answered? Are there distance limitations from the main base? If I purchase a repair truck, drive to a distant part of the map then send a request - nothing happens? Now I know I'm missing something so a pointer would be much appreciated.

Also is there a way that when you die and then are subsequently respawned the previous kit is already automatically assigned?

Lastly, is there a way to prevent empty vehicles disappearing - for instance if I purchase a helo, load it up and fly to a distant town, if someone doesn't stay with the helo it disappears - meaning a long walk to the next town.

Again many thanks, it really is great.

Can someone give me a hint on how to add new gear to the barracks? I had no problem editing the A2 versions in the past, but I'm not able to have new gear showing up in the current version of this great mission.

I simply added additional content to the Gear_West.sqf / Gear_East.sqf files in Common\Config\Gear, but this doesn't seem to have any effect. In the older versions for Arma2 you had to make changes to at least two separate config files to get it to work, but I don't know what more to edit here. So any help would be great, as I would like to switch out those fantasy guns for some good old US and Russian Rifles / Equipment.

Those are the 2 places you would add weapons to barracks.

Show us your code ?

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Lastly, is there a way to prevent empty vehicles disappearing - for instance if I purchase a helo, load it up and fly to a distant town, if someone doesn't stay with the helo it disappears - meaning a long walk to the next town.

CTI_VEHICLES_EMPTY_TIMEOUT

in rsc params add a new time in seconds to the values for how long ya want and set the default to match the value you added.

CTI_VEHICLES_EMPTY_TIMEOUT

in rsc params add a new time in seconds to the values for how long ya want and set the default to match the value you added.

Thank you BLIP

Those are the 2 places you would add weapons to barracks.

Show us your code ?

Hey BL1P,

this it how it looks like in Gear_West.sqf. It's just a short example, only for one new Weapon, the MK48 from Massi's US Weapons Pack:

_i = _i + [["LMG_Mk200_MRCO_F"]];

_u = _u + [0];

_p = _p + [40];

_i = _i + [["LMG_Mk200_pointer_F"]];

_u = _u + [0];

_p = _p + [40];

_i = _i + [["LMG_mas_Mk48_F"]];

_u = _u + [0];

_p = _p + [201];

_i = _i + [["LMG_mas_Mk48_F_t"]];

_u = _u + [0];

_p = _p + [201];

As you can see I simply added the classname to the list of weapons, also did the same for the correct ammunition earlier up the list and lastly added the optics under the "Equipment" section. Strangely the Optics do show up in the Buy Menu, but the Rifle and Ammo are missing.

So what am I doing wrong?

Love this gamemode!

I was just wondering if anyone knew where I can get the download to the zerty edition. I saw the one on steam community but I was looking for a dedicated download.

where I can get the download to the zerty edition. I saw the one on steam community but I was looking for a dedicated download.

Heh, I was looking for the same, but didn't find any, so I joined one of the servers running it and after the game then just copied it from the MissionsCache (in my case C:\Users\lagus\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache).

Heh, I was looking for the same, but didn't find any, so I joined one of the servers running it and after the game then just copied it from the MissionsCache (in my case C:\Users\lagus\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache).

That worked. Thanks : )

@HotteHotte

_i = _i		+ [["LMG_Mk200_MRCO_F"]];
_u = _u		+ [0];
_p = _p		+ [40];

_i = _i		+ [["LMG_Mk200_pointer_F"]];
_u = _u		+ [0];
_p = _p		+ [40];

_i = _i		+ [["LMG_mas_Mk48_F"]];
_u = _u		+ [0];
_p = _p		+ [201];

_i = _i		+ [["LMG_mas_Mk48_F_t"]];
_u = _u		+ [0];
_p = _p		+ [201];

try

_i = _i + ["LMG_mas_Mk48_F_t"];

you had double [

which might be your problem m8

Hmm edit time :)

It looks like the [[ entries signify the different types of a base type of weapon

an example is :-

_i = _i		+ ["arifle_TRG21_GL_F"];//--- base type
_u = _u		+ [0];
_p = _p		+ [25];

_i = _i		+ [["arifle_TRG21_GL_ACO_pointer_F"]];//--- can be sold back to the barracks ?
_u = _u		+ [0];
_p = _p		+ [25];

So for your additions you add the gun you want to show up as just the base gun and have the base gun plus attachments in the [[""]]

Example

_i = _i		+ ["LMG_mas_Mk48_F"]; //--- base type
_u = _u		+ [0];
_p = _p		+ [201];

_i = _i		+ [["LMG_mas_Mk48_F_t"]]; //--- base type plus extra bit
_u = _u		+ [0];
_p = _p		+ [201];

Hope that helps

BL1P

ps. you dont need to create a [[""]]; for every possible combination of base gun plus attachment only for the ones that have class-names for them (I think) I am pritty sure its to prevent errors when selling back to the barracks ?

Benny could answer this so much better :)

Edited by BL1P

Hi BL1P,

thanks, that helped a lot! I knew I probably overlooked some small detail. Now everything is working as it should and all Weapons / Ammo / Equipment is available in the Buy Menu.

Thanks again to help me finally solving this issue.

HotteHotte

Glad it helped :)

Happy New Year