Benny.

[SP/MP] BeCTI

Well, changing the ranges of the weapon systems would be the best way to fix the problem. I compared the Tunguska VS Apache for real world figures. The Tunguska's missile is the SA-19/GRISON and it's maximum range is 8km-10km. The Apache's Hellfire missile range is up to 8km. So for game play purposes I would halve those values and make all mobile ground AA (not to be confused with hand held AA launchers, which should prob have half of that range, 2km) have a range of 4km and all aircraft air 2 ground missile range at 4km as well.

It would be great if we could give an edge to attack helicopters of an extra kilometer when other players on the ground are lazing targets for them with a designator and mobile AA platforms a 1 km advantage when within 100m of a team factory, call it radar bonus.

Sounds good. Here's a few additional notes:

Hellfire/SA-19's

- Both of these weapons visual range weapons in reality. It might be safe, even, to reduce their ranges to 2 km in-game without losing the tank plinking capabilities of gunships. That range would also allow artillery ranges to be reduced to 4 km without bringing them into the range of defensive gunships.

- FIM-92 Stinger's have a range somewhere in 4.8-8 kilometers (not sure which), which is less than Hellfire, so yes, missile soldier range could probably be left untouched in-game and remain true to reality. I think that range is 1.5-2 km.

Radar

- I agree, we could potentially add a kilometer to AA missile range with adequate radar. Interesting facts about AA radar: Radar is an important and expensive component of AA systems. Anti-radiation missiles (ARM) are designed just for hon in on radar emplacements as a part of air defense suppression. ARMs have a much much longer range than typical ordnance in order to strike from outside AA range (or at least as far as possible), but I haven't found a missile that exceeds the S-300's range, let alone the S-400.

Laser-guided weapons (LGW)

- I didn't cover LGWs in the document, but I found data on one with a range of 9 km (the Sudarshan). The advantage of LGWs doesn't seem to be so much their range as their accuracy and low-cost, and the fact that they don't need an IR or radar lock.

Edited by bluechip
added quote to maintain context

Suggestions :-

If a town is resistance and town value greater than 350... over time (say 1 every 30min) it will build up a group of vehicles

Once the amount of vehicles reaches a set number ( for example 3 vehicles time = 1h:30m) then the 3 vehicles move out to retake any towns not resistance.

Also Random resistance roadblocks.

Question :-

How do you script the vehicle buy UI so that the AI driver gunner commander and extra slots are off by default.

Wanted for none AI mission.

EDIT :

{if (isNil {uiNamespace getVariable format ["cti_dialog_ui_purchasemenu_vehicon_%1", _x]}) then {uiNamespace setVariable [format ["cti_dialog_ui_purchasemenu_vehicon_%1", _x], false]}} forEach ['driver','gunner','commander','turrets','lock'];

Found it :)

Yours.

BL1P

Edited by BL1P

Have just seen this and tested it, We'll be running a full dedicated server on this for awhile ! thanks good work

DELETED - Accidental repost

Edited by bluechip
deleting repost

@Benny

1. Would it be possible to stop a player getting income when not connected to the server please.

2. Could you make it so a player in an artillery Mortar/Vehicle uses the command menu Artillery same as an AI would (wanted for none AI missions).

Hey, does anyone know how to get in contact with the people running the Seattle server for this? A lot of players have been having issues with some exploiters/hackers/aholes for a few days, and their website's down... I know OmonXR was a very solid admin in A2, but the current state of the A3 server is near-unplayable due to a few individuals (one a so-called admin).

A lot of players have been having issues with some exploiters/hackers/aholes

Hey,

could you send me more detail in a private message please, so i can see if I can patch the loopholes that migth be present in the mission?

cheers

running version 0.97 Stratis

encoutered these script errors after 24hours of run

2013/11/27, 12:26:26 Error in expression <CTI_BASE_CONSTRUCTION_DECAY_DELAY;

if (_completion > _completion_last) then { _>
2013/11/27, 12:26:26   Error position: <_completion > _completion_last) then { _>
2013/11/27, 12:26:26   Error Undefined variable in expression: _completion
2013/11/27, 12:26:26 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\Server\Functions\Server_HandleStructureConstruction.sqf, line 60
2013/11/27, 12:26:26 Error in expression <ompletion;

_lasttouch = time;

while {_completion > 0 && _completion < 100} do>
2013/11/27, 12:26:26   Error position: <_completion > 0 && _completion < 100} do>
2013/11/27, 12:26:26 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\Server\Functions\Server_HandleStructureConstruction.sqf, line 56
2013/11/27, 12:26:26 Error in expression <Null]];

deleteVehicle _structure;

if (_completion >= 100) then {
_var = missio>
2013/11/27, 12:26:26   Error position: <_completion >= 100) then {
_var = missio>
2013/11/27, 12:26:26 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\Server\Functions\Server_HandleStructureConstruction.sqf, line 72

otherwise keep up great work

Been playing for weeks now and really enjoying CTI. There is some small bugs that i think if eliminated would make this the number one game.

-The transporting of vehicles thru the hook function needs to be a little bit more giving. Many times i have gone to hook the HQ and both helicopter and HQ explodes rendering the game to end.

-The radio messages and SITREP stops showing after playing the game for a while.

-Weapons loadout save templates do not show up after playing for a while

Thanks Benny and we all appreciate all your hard work!

2013/11/27, 12:26:26   Error position: <_completion > _completion_last) then { _>
2013/11/27, 12:26:26 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\Server\Functions\Server_HandleStructureConstruction.sqf, line 60

_lasttouch = time;

2013/11/27, 12:26:26   Error position: <_completion > 0 && _completion < 100} do>
2013/11/27, 12:26:26 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\Server\Functions\Server_HandleStructureConstruction.sqf, line 56

_var = missio>
_var = missio>
2013/11/27, 12:26:26 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\Server\Functions\Server_HandleStructureConstruction.sqf, line 72

3 errors in 24 hrs :)

Wish all mission rpts where that clean

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

-The radio messages and SITREP stops showing after playing the game for a while.

Thats a game error I think not a BECTI error

Never mind. Fixed the reason of this post myself.

Great mission.

Edited by Dar

@Benny

1. Would it be possible to stop a player getting income when not connected to the server please.

2. Could you make it so a player in an artillery Mortar/Vehicle uses the command menu Artillery same as an AI would (wanted for none AI missions).

Hmm,

What do you mean with #1? The previous AI Slot?

#2 Is tricky, I don't know if doArtilleryFire / commanderArtilleryFire work on player. Some workaround may be needed such as a self made ballistic UI (Bit like the one in ArmA 2 Vanilla).

_lasttouch = time;

_var = missio>
_var = missio>

Thanks for the report,

It seems that the variable attached to the ruined structure vanished or that the structure got removed inbetween the construction process. I've added some extra checks to quit the loop just in case.

Been playing for weeks now and really enjoying CTI. There is some small bugs that i think if eliminated would make this the number one game.

-The transporting of vehicles thru the hook function needs to be a little bit more giving. Many times i have gone to hook the HQ and both helicopter and HQ explodes rendering the game to end.

-Weapons loadout save templates do not show up after playing for a while

Thanks Benny and we all appreciate all your hard work!

- Define better hooking :), more distance between the hooked and the hooker? larger hook radius?

- I'm not sure that this one is related to me.

- I've noticed it for new players, I'm looking into it.

Thanks Benny. The messages is a bug not your bug.

-The hooking system would help by having a larger radius. Also with the hook system when releasing (especially with the HQ) the vehicles get damaged or explode and game over when its the HQ :).

-When rearming Helicopter using the service menu, the flares do not get replenished and the flares end up with 0.

Thanks

How far off we from implementing an AI skill parameter or instead just turning them down halfway? As much as I enjoy a challenge the AI are like Deathclaws at the moment.

I like some of the new features and menu systems, the 3d editor like construction. Some of the Ai teams seem to become idle even if you tell them to take a town several times, some do follow orders. Is this happening to others also? it might because of my pc is not fast enough to handle everything, on the official version I do not see an option to adjust the number of Ai teams. Being able to lower the default number might help with this problem.

Camps:

Also just curious to know why they the camps and depot buildings are not in it anymore? Depots was good for doing repairs and getting a basic vehicle if you are stuck on foot. Some other versions allowed you to recruit extra troops also. The camps were good for several reasons, having to capture 3 or 4 camps to take a town faster was always handy for being able to respawn at them if having trouble taking a town when low in numbers, and once taking a camp you were able to buy some gear or resupply your ammo. Also you can get an idea which side of the town the Opfor enemy are attacking from when they are trying to retake a town. With those gone it doesn't seem like warfare as we knew it, more like capture the single zones or capture the flag. So please bring back the camps at least, and the depots.

I know that Ammo and repair trucks have replaced the them, but getting the Ai to drive where you want them too can as you know still like pulling teeth when they get stuck somewhere. This means you are miles away from being able to fully repair vehicles (if you can afford them at the start) or if a FOB has been built to travel to it to get new gear, the map is big enough as it is without doing more traveling inbetween taking towns when you need to resupply or get some more troops back at the base. So i presume these changes are to cater for pvp only, where other players are meant to take on logistics roles?

Money:

I also feel the money gained from taking towns is far too low, especially if only a handful of people are playing or by yourself. I think captured towns need to be sequentially linked up to the HQ (and perhaps FOB also) in order for the supply points to generate a flow of supply/income.

Another idea for a feature could be airports that are taken enables players to access halo jump like in Domination either from the airport itself or from the HQ (Air factory) as well.

Workers:

The workers needed to build buildings doesn't pan out too well when you want to build buildings far away from HQ, this makes building new bases or a secondary one impossible, unless I am mistaken and you need to recruit engineers or something for that?

Anyway this is just my 2 cents on feedback.

I'd like to say that it would be great to be able to build factories as a player, as much as I like that workers do it for me, I as a player would appreciate the ability to do it on some occasions.

Edited by Baskerville

Hmm,

- Define better hooking :), more distance between the hooked and the hooker? larger hook radius?

I think when most people ask for better hooking they are looking for a model just like Sa-matra wasteland uses. When the airspeed of your heli is below a certain value, and there is a vehicle close enough to hook, the "HOOK" option pops up in the action menu. This results in pilots only having to push the spacebar as soon as that option pops up. Very simple and effective. Your menu system makes it very awkward for pilots to hook vehicles onto helis.

Quick feedback on the headless client (if that is still needed?): Seems to be working nicely! We are running a game at the moment and despite the grand scale of it the server fps are at a steady 50-49 avg fps.

That being said, this mission has an enormously impressive setup. Love the UI work. I missed "Warfare" / CTI a lot. Thank you so much for making this!

Benny, I know you receive suggestions and feedback constantly, but the suggestions SpanishSurfer and I elaborated are important to me, and I don't know if you want to implement them. Do you maintain a source code repository that can be forked?

Edited by bluechip
addressed user

@Benny

You gona Submit your finished BECTI for "Multiplayer Game Mode" in the Make arma not war contest ?

If so count me in on any testing, think tank , or other stuff ya need to help m8.

RE: Hooking...

On the plus side, the current implementation means you need to have an above average pilot in order to be able to air lift successfully... Personally, I think the awkwardness is good... but i'm often one to swim the other way. (thats swim, not swing!)

A new addition to Arma 3 just made its way on the DEV build today, check it out!

*Scalpels and GBUs should be able to lock IR Grenades.

This means I can have a player throw a IR grenade to a target and from the cockpit I'll see a red target box to lock onto, designated by the IR grenade and drop either a scalpel or GBU right on the nades poisition!

:yay:

Should make for VERY interesting matches when players can just throw IR nades rather then have to paint them with the laser designator.

Quick feedback on the headless client (if that is still needed?): Seems to be working nicely! We are running a game at the moment and despite the grand scale of it the server fps are at a steady 50-49 avg fps.

That being said, this mission has an enormously impressive setup. Love the UI work. I missed "Warfare" / CTI a lot. Thank you so much for making this!

Could you please provide server info? I didn't even know HC was working for Arma 3 BECTI. How did you guys get it to work? It would be great if you had a guide for other server admins out there who are not able to get HC working. Currently the slowdown BECTI suffers after an hour or so of gameplay is what prevents many players from taking the time to learn this great game mode. Thanks!

Benny, I know you receive suggestions and feedback constantly, but the suggestions SpanishSurfer and I elaborated are important to me, and I don't know if you want to implement them. Do you maintain a source code repository that can be forked?

Also, there's no license attached to the code. What license is BeCTI Be released under?

Now that the independent faction is getting some new stuff what's the chance of being able to play as independent like in that version you made back in Warfare BE.