Benny.

[SP/MP] BeCTI

Sorry Benny if my post offended you and all the hard work you have put into this....i just wondered if there could be an alternative to the "Golf ball"...or maybe even come camo netting to cover it from air units as it is very easy to spot from even 4km away.

I can always place in trees but only on edges of forests as it needs space for vehicles.

Why not just a house like the command center or the light vehicle depot?

But i can live with it and again i don't mean to annoy you with asking for this.

Squadie

this ticket system sounds like battlefield ^^

don't wanna play this in ARMA ;-)

Class based system is a very good idea so we can build up a better pvp group with diffrent classes and no only sniper times like yet.

to rise costs from airvehicles is ok but i think transport choppers must be payable, for attack Choppers with

air to ground missile is the current price to low.

Hope for working HC and spawn vehicles like Zertys version.

greetings BroTox

Quote Originally Posted by mindbl4ster:

i'm wondering if you will put in a parameter where you can choose to capture those military outposts and facilitys instead of towns?

Could you detail this?

on altis and stratis there are those military compounds with all the sandbag walls, towers etc. but all the big coop missions concentrate on towns and leave them empty the most time (domination, invade and annex, btc sandstorm, becti, resistance). so i'm looking for a massiv coop mission focusing on the military points on the map.

...so i'm looking for a massiv coop mission focusing on the military points on the map
.good point+++......good opportunity to think about a ressource system or so

-with military point A and upgrade heavy Factory you are able to build tanks with the next one you are able to get Arty Support for $

-some are for upgrade, reinforce and build town occupation in the area (if lost = no occupation in the area)

-Radar

etc

Edited by TeilX

Regarding the new AF model. Whilst I don't have a suggestion for a replacement building (not got access to my desktop atm, no Arma for me :( ), how about reintroducing the AAR and using the golf ball model for that instead?

I'll have a look in the editor at the weekend and come up with a few suggestions for a new AF model if it helps?

Can you reintroduce the anti-collision script from Arma 2 warfare?

We are starting to see a few exploits, where commanders are building bases inside of hangers and other structures. I would like to see a return to the script in arma 2 where you could not build structures within x number of meters from another structure/tree etc.

Also anyone know if there is any work being done on making arma 3 warfare buildings? Game feels a little lacking when you have to use misc. buildings instead of being able to build up a proper base with military looking buildings.

BroTox;2545993']this ticket system sounds like battlefield ^^

don't wanna play this in ARMA ;-)

i agree. I have no idea why people get boners for a ticket system. No need to change this.

Hey,

is there a possibility to reserve slots for admins? In my opinion, especially for the commander slot should be the possibility to reserve.

Hey,

is there a possibility to reserve slots for admins? In my opinion, especially for the commander slot should be the possibility to reserve.

there is a option to reserve slots you simply add civil slots (like zertys 0.96.1) to the map so they can join and the admin switched them to the team.

greetings BroTox

Sorry Benny if my post offended you and all the hard work you have put into this....i just wondered if there could be an alternative to the "Golf ball"...or maybe even come camo netting to cover it from air units as it is very easy to spot from even 4km away.

I can always place in trees but only on edges of forests as it needs space for vehicles.

Why not just a house like the command center or the light vehicle depot?

But i can live with it and again i don't mean to annoy you with asking for this.

Squadie

No offense taken here :) I was just wondering if there was a better model laying around (so little content regarding mil structures)

Some structures also take 0 damages so it's a bit hard to use them. If you find some buildings laying around just send me/post a picture around.

Also you're not annoying me at all, didn't mean to sound like it hehe.

Very nice Job !!!

on altis and stratis there are those military compounds with all the sandbag walls, towers etc. but all the big coop missions concentrate on towns and leave them empty the most time (domination, invade and annex, btc sandstorm, becti, resistance). so i'm looking for a massiv coop mission focusing on the military points on the map.

What if I was adding some interesting stuff on them?

Some of them could have POW, others could have ambushes etc

Regarding the new AF model. Whilst I don't have a suggestion for a replacement building (not got access to my desktop atm, no Arma for me :( ), how about reintroducing the AAR and using the golf ball model for that instead?

I'll have a look in the editor at the weekend and come up with a few suggestions for a new AF model if it helps?

Need more models! :)

Can you reintroduce the anti-collision script from Arma 2 warfare?

We are starting to see a few exploits, where commanders are building bases inside of hangers and other structures. I would like to see a return to the script in arma 2 where you could not build structures within x number of meters from another structure/tree etc.

Also anyone know if there is any work being done on making arma 3 warfare buildings? Game feels a little lacking when you have to use misc. buildings instead of being able to build up a proper base with military looking buildings.

I'll tweak the building placement before .97 release. I highly doubt that those structures will be added.

i thought about more of strategic value. e.g. your team took towns around the outpost and also conquers the military outpost either gains an extra facility (baracks, light/heavy vehicle fac., com outpost etc.) or an economic boost of the income from the towns around.

how about porting those from a2 to a3 until there are appropriate modells for a3?

perhaps you could also use some of this template here: "Make your own fob"

so the factorys get a more military feeling?

Edited by mindbl4ster
had an idea :D

Could be good places for secondary missions. Both teams fighting over an abandoned weapons cache, indie hostages, enemy intel, etc.

Each could also function as a spawn point, leaving defenses up to players though. This of course, like the rest of respawn locations, will focus PVP.

What about intel missions that reveal information about the enemies whereabouts, such as last three towns taken, etc? Then regulate it to only being issued later in the game to prevent early base rushing.

Edited by TheCapulet

Yeah I was also thinking that it would be cool if the objectives were more traditional military targets. Communications, ports, power stations, and airfileds and etc. These could provide some additional bonus or accelerate the supply to the capturing side. Towns in strategic locations for sure, would be necissary to hold these assets. The other thing that I thought would be cool is if there were active power grids. I seem to recall there was an ArmA2 mod for this AEG. Perhaps controlling these would also effect the rate of supply for a side. If it becomes damaged or caputred, you loose your teams bonus.

EDIT:

Okay it looks like something is seriously borked with the functions that add stuff to your vets or uniform. I tested that purchase and respawn worked, but oddly it seems although the items you buy for your vest and uniform show up properly, you cannot actually use them!! This is pretty poor; hopefully BIS will fix these functions soon. For now I am leaving up the zip for the source code but taking down the pbo.

Here is a zip file containing only the files I had to change to get it to work, these are agains the "Zerty 1.0.5" version of the mission:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41982446/ArmA/BECTI/becti_gear_fix.zip

Edited by Joehunk

Fix for vest/uniform inventory issue

(for real this time!)

I did some experimenting around and got the right script functions for adding items to the vest and uniform. Tested that it works properly with respawn, reload, and purchase. The mission is available on Steam Workshop, and also here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41982446/ArmA/BECTI/becti_0096_z105_j101.Altis.pbo

The post above links to a zip file with the now-corrected source files, if Benny wants to roll this into the main line. The secret was to use the same code as used to add items to the backpack, but to use the uniformContainer and vestContainer functions to obtain the container objects to add to.

(for real this time!)

I did some experimenting around and got the right script functions for adding items to the vest and uniform. Tested that it works properly with respawn, reload, and purchase. The mission is available on Steam Workshop, and also here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41982446/ArmA/BECTI/becti_0096_z105_j101.Altis.pbo

The post above links to a zip file with the now-corrected source files, if Benny wants to roll this into the main line. The secret was to use the same code as used to add items to the backpack, but to use the uniformContainer and vestContainer functions to obtain the container objects to add to.

Is Benny still working on the project? If so, I'm sure he'll incorporate this.

Is Benny still working on the project? If so, I'm sure he'll incorporate this.

Well Benny has a post from last week, so I assume so. In any case, anyone who maintains a version of this mission is free to use my code to fix the issue.

(for real this time!)

It was fixed in my internal version when the commands started working (for real :D)

I'll release 0.97 Tomorrow.

HC seems bugged here, the "player" object is always null for some dark reasons (was fine in A2 OA).

HC seems bugged here, the "player" object is always null for some dark reasons (was fine in A2 OA).

... wow, this are really goooood news, cant wait :)

For me, the buggy behavoir of HC, was fixed with a vehicle init line like this:

init="this allowDamage false;if (profileName==""HCXX"") then {selectPlayer this;};"; (whole line extracted from mission.sqm)

Where i use "name=HCXX" param in HC start command line.

At least in the beta this worked for me.

Greets,

Fred41

Edited by Fred41

Isn't it normal that player is null on HC? Same for dedicated server right? There is no "player" on server or HC, only on hosted and SP.

Isn't it normal that player is null on HC? Same for dedicated server right?

... on dedicated server "player" is a NULL-object, on dedicated clients (HC) "player" should be a accessible object after initialization ...

Good. I hope no delays this time :) We've been stuck on 0.96 for too long now. :)

... on dedicated server "player" is a NULL-object, on dedicated clients (HC) "player" should be a accessible object after initialization ...

What's a dedicated client? We are talking headless client here right? What can a player mean on HC since there is no player on an HC. Not sure why one would even try referencing a player on HC.