Benny.

[SP/MP] BeCTI

some good ideas :-)

We were talking about what we'd like to see in beCTI the other day and I thought a couple of cool ideas came up.

* An underwater capture point or small Island capture point (Important wreck? Strategic Island?) Basically an amphibious assault or underwater sneak attack.

* Equipment upgrades to come back (Perhaps iron-sights @ level 1 then Thermal scopes + snipers Equipment 3)

* Cheaper boats + Cheaper naval factory (No one uses them they are seriously super soft targets)

- A note about the above, if larger ships come in then it should be rebalanced but since their are no naval transport units that can transport vehicles they are pretty useless

* It's probably a parameter but more than 2 bases would be nice

* Softer buildings

* FOBs producing quads or IFV (without armaments)

* LF2 having more affect (I think it is more of lack of assets in A3 then anything)

* Voting in Commander again

* Having a parameter that makes gear cost less at barracks but FOBs cost more perhaps 25% or 50% at base and 100%-150% at FOBs. My load out costs $700 sucks especially when you get unlucky twice.

* Rewards for killing ANY AI even as little as $5.

I can't think of anything else at the moment, some people want a big town or a city to focus the PvP on I think the middle of the island does this job already (AirPort/Lenos/Athira and Garcia?) Perhaps add the electricity station as another town making a nice even 50 town map?

Still loving the mission although I really wish the voting Comm was back in as the quickest in the slot is not always the best commander, had a few commanders that have taxed 30% for 4 hours of the game got their nice attack chopper where as we're lucky if we can afford a Marid.

P.S Thanks for that quick reply of script sadly I don't own the server or have any access to it :(.

Will the playerslots be increased or is that something you are leaving to others?

For now I'll leave it at 32 players seeing the awesome performance the game has on MP compared to A2...

I have mentioned this in WBE for Arma 2 thread.

There seems to be a bug where if you hover a structure preview over a small bridge, it will destroy said bridge. If I manage to replicate it, I will make a video of it. :)

It has to do with collision, I've improved the preview mode with disableCollisionWith.

We were talking about what we'd like to see in beCTI the other day and I thought a couple of cool ideas came up.

* An underwater capture point or small Island capture point (Important wreck? Strategic Island?) Basically an amphibious assault or underwater sneak attack.

* Equipment upgrades to come back (Perhaps iron-sights @ level 1 then Thermal scopes + snipers Equipment 3)

* Cheaper boats + Cheaper naval factory (No one uses them they are seriously super soft targets)

- A note about the above, if larger ships come in then it should be rebalanced but since their are no naval transport units that can transport vehicles they are pretty useless

* It's probably a parameter but more than 2 bases would be nice

* Softer buildings

* FOBs producing quads or IFV (without armaments)

* LF2 having more affect (I think it is more of lack of assets in A3 then anything)

* Voting in Commander again

* Having a parameter that makes gear cost less at barracks but FOBs cost more perhaps 25% or 50% at base and 100%-150% at FOBs. My load out costs $700 sucks especially when you get unlucky twice.

* Rewards for killing ANY AI even as little as $5.

I can't think of anything else at the moment, some people want a big town or a city to focus the PvP on I think the middle of the island does this job already (AirPort/Lenos/Athira and Garcia?) Perhaps add the electricity station as another town making a nice even 50 town map?

Still loving the mission although I really wish the voting Comm was back in as the quickest in the slot is not always the best commander, had a few commanders that have taxed 30% for 4 hours of the game got their nice attack chopper where as we're lucky if we can afford a Marid.

P.S Thanks for that quick reply of script sadly I don't own the server or have any access to it :(.

Some nice ideas there,

- Underwater is possible but expect some fancy stuff happening with AI :)

- Gear Upgrade is planned, I'll see if I can make it in 0.97

- I'll reduce the naval factory's cost (You can hook vehicles with some boats, SDV can hook wrecks too)

- It's a parameter

- Buildings HP has been reworked

- I'll try to add a purchase menu to the FOB asap, the stuff there shall be veryyyy light (atv kinds)

- There's just not enough content to do more than 1 upgrade level on LF

- Com voting may be added later on

- I'll try to rework the gear's cost coefficient depending on where you purchase your items from (Barracks/Ammo/FOB)

I'll try to tweak the middle of the island

Hi Benny, the opfor teams "Heavy APC" is set as the MSE-3 Marid, which is about on par with the Bluefor's Marshall. It seems like the BTR is a better choise for Opfors "Heavy APC".

I was wondering if the FOB's will eventually allow the AI teams spawn on them, or fast travel between them for human players.

Hi Benny, the opfor teams "Heavy APC" is set as the MSE-3 Marid, which is about on par with the Bluefor's Marshall. It seems like the BTR is a better choise for Opfors "Heavy APC".

I was wondering if the FOB's will eventually allow the AI teams spawn on them, or fast travel between them for human players.

Hey,

It's fixed for 0.97 :), those classnames confuse me alot

FOB will have many more features in the future (buy light units/quads, behave as occupation when placed within a town radius...)

Will towns/cities in 0.97 have "camps" (for respawn and gear) again? I think, that is one of the most important things, that are still missing compared to A2 BE Warfare, as it introduced CQB PvP fights over towns.

Hey,

It's fixed for 0.97 :), those classnames confuse me alot

FOB will have many more features in the future (buy light units/quads, behave as occupation when placed within a town radius...)

Outstanding, thank you sir!

Will towns/cities in 0.97 have "camps" (for respawn and gear) again? I think, that is one of the most important things, that are still missing compared to A2 BE Warfare, as it introduced CQB PvP fights over towns.

I agree, though I'd like to see them done a little better for A3. Instead of random "camps" that didn't make any sense, I'd much rather see full checkpoints, and less of them per town. 2 per big town, 1 per medium and small. This way it gives the player vs AI aspect more focus as the checkpoint would carry the brunt of the entrenched defenses (And not necessarily all stuck on roads either). And at the same time, fits in much better than just a random 2 storey bunker placed at every inlet road.

Right now, I'm essentially using FOBs as camps with a much higher build and spawn limit on them in params.

I'd be willing to build some prefabs to help out if it's an idea you're interested in, Benny.

Benny I'd really like to see a focus on teams fighting out in the open over towns rather then going after each others MHQs/bases. Because base destruction takes too long to accomplish (and sometimes is impossible with a good commander) many servers are enabling the parameter that ends the game if the mhq is destroyed, to prevent long games. This has resulted in matches where an entire team will rally behind the commander, build an aircraft factory, build orcas and repair trucks and then fly around all over the map looking for the enemy base. When they find it they build FOBs all around and keep dying/spawning and launching rocket attacks to try and destroy the mhq. Since they get unlimited rockets by spawning/dying its a constant barrage until you can find their FOB and destroy it. I would much rather see a game where capturing towns has large rewards and the main focus is the first team to capture x of x towns, attacking the enemy base should be more of a side mission. This would solve many issues that I currently see with the game mode (constant base camping, long games when all structures have to be destroyed

This game mode (Rubber Edition, which was your work with heavy mod by Rubber) has been tested and proved to be the most popular in Arma 2 before Arma 3 was released.

So I was playing wasteland today. (for the first time). I really liked how there was a rush to get to secondary missions where red and blue were fighting each other to get to it in time. It even got as intricate as sending team members ahead to lay ambushes while others held back to secure the objective. And all based around random convoys, downed helis, etc; all out in the middle of nowhere most times.

Not sure if you're taking on feature requests like that yet, but I'd LOVE to see something similar in BE. I think they'd work well especially at boosting initial income at the beginning of games. It focuses PVP, which is always a good thing. And it may give the wastelanders and DayZers something familiar to chase when they don't know wtf is going on, rather than blindly running around before killing a few team members and logging off before a kick.

Hey Guys, could you tell me how to unlock the Artillery in Benny CTI?

Already upgraded the Heavy Factory, but still can´t purchase them. Are there certain requirements you have to meet? :confused:

Hey Guys, could you tell me how to unlock the Artillery in Benny CTI?

Already upgraded the Heavy Factory, but still can´t purchase them. Are there certain requirements you have to meet? :confused:

Hey,

The AI com won't upgrade in 0.96, the routine isn't ready yet (i'll try to add it in 0.97).

And the forum requires 5 chars to post...

I agree, though I'd like to see them done a little better for A3. Instead of random "camps" that didn't make any sense, I'd much rather see full checkpoints, and less of them per town. 2 per big town, 1 per medium and small. This way it gives the player vs AI aspect more focus as the checkpoint would carry the brunt of the entrenched defenses (And not necessarily all stuck on roads either). And at the same time, fits in much better than just a random 2 storey bunker placed at every inlet road.

Right now, I'm essentially using FOBs as camps with a much higher build and spawn limit on them in params.

I'd be willing to build some prefabs to help out if it's an idea you're interested in, Benny.

Well this need some thoughts,

If you guys can detail it a bit more then I may be able to introduce something.

Benny I'd really like to see a focus on teams fighting out in the open over towns rather then going after each others MHQs/bases. Because base destruction takes too long to accomplish (and sometimes is impossible with a good commander) many servers are enabling the parameter that ends the game if the mhq is destroyed, to prevent long games. This has resulted in matches where an entire team will rally behind the commander, build an aircraft factory, build orcas and repair trucks and then fly around all over the map looking for the enemy base. When they find it they build FOBs all around and keep dying/spawning and launching rocket attacks to try and destroy the mhq. Since they get unlimited rockets by spawning/dying its a constant barrage until you can find their FOB and destroy it. I would much rather see a game where capturing towns has large rewards and the main focus is the first team to capture x of x towns, attacking the enemy base should be more of a side mission. This would solve many issues that I currently see with the game mode (constant base camping, long games when all structures have to be destroyed

This game mode (Rubber Edition, which was your work with heavy mod by Rubber) has been tested and proved to be the most popular in Arma 2 before Arma 3 was released.

Power/Sector Struggle in the open? Random events (both teams see the objective? random/frontline events?)

Ideas are welcome :)

So I was playing wasteland today. (for the first time). I really liked how there was a rush to get to secondary missions where red and blue were fighting each other to get to it in time. It even got as intricate as sending team members ahead to lay ambushes while others held back to secure the objective. And all based around random convoys, downed helis, etc; all out in the middle of nowhere most times.

Not sure if you're taking on feature requests like that yet, but I'd LOVE to see something similar in BE. I think they'd work well especially at boosting initial income at the beginning of games. It focuses PVP, which is always a good thing. And it may give the wastelanders and DayZers something familiar to chase when they don't know wtf is going on, rather than blindly running around before killing a few team members and logging off before a kick.

So, side missions (common/indepent to both sides) :)

0.97 Is ready, I'll wait for the stable release to release it (otherwise it'll only work on dev branch)

Beta testers are welcome :)

If you guys can detail it a bit more then I may be able to introduce something.

Pretty much the same system as in A2 BE Warfare. 2 Camps for smaller towns and up to 3-4 camps for the bigger cities. That way each faction can have at least one spawn point at each objective and this would result in both more interesting player versus player fights over objectives and more possibilities to clear objectives of AI defenders (maybe tune up the AI defense to balance the spawn point and give AI waypoints to "capture back"/block taken camps).

Although i didn't like the possibility to buy AT weapons at small camps, which made most vehicle attacks against players in towns pointless (endless ammunition of javelins/nlaws) in A2. Maybe just allow to buy small arms/clips/first aid kits/items and such things.

Hey Benny.

I been working on something and Thought ya might like the idea for BECTI.

Instead of Credits you have Tickets.

An example would be 50 credits would = 1 Ticket.

so starting funds would then = 9000 credits or 180 global Tickets.

and a truck would cost 11 tickets.

obviously no tickets = no respawn

and no team tickets would = game over.

Any thoughts ?

Edited by BL1P

Hi Benny,

First of all...love your mod..

I would like to ask if there is any way you could change the model for airfield/factory so we could possibly hide bases easier?

The golf ball is too easy to spot even in my opinion...would be great if you could.

Edited by Squadie

Power/Sector Struggle in the open? Random events (both teams see the objective? random/frontline events?)

Ideas are welcome

i'm wondering if you will put in a parameter where you can choose to capture those military outposts and facilitys instead of towns?

Benny since you seem open to new ideas here's an organized list that shows the features that were on Rubber Edition plus some of my ideas that really made warfare extremely enjoyable to not just myself but several thousand players. We had servers full 24/7 at our peak before Arma 3 came out. I believe there are MANY more mature players out there that are hungry for a complex RTS/FPS combo that includes all elements of Arma.

1. Class based system each with an ability: You could choose what type of soldier you wanted to be in the lobby.

1. Commander = +4 ai soldiers (so if server limit for a player is 4 AI, the commander would be allowed to have 8 AI, and mhq/vehicle repair ability (but you still had to vote in a commander) + ability to deploy FOB.
    2. Officer = +3 ai soldiers + ability to deploy FOB.
    3. Engineer = Major vehicle repair ability and ability to put structures down with repair truck nearby (walls, mine fields, towers, FOB).
    4. Medic = Heal other soldiers to 100% plus ability to build tents (which other players could spawn on if within 300m of tent). A revive feature with class would be good.
    5. Sniper/Spotter = Guille suit for the player as well as ability to spot (spotting would put enemy unit on the map for a few minutes and make it visible to whole team). Free sniper, laser designator, uav backpack load out on spawn. +Heavily reduced weapon sway.
    6. Grunt (Rifleman/AT/AA Soldier) = Heavily reduced cost on all small arms (including AT/AA weapons), increased endurance while carrying heavy loadouts and slightly reduced weapon sway.
    7. Pilot Class = 30% reduced cost on all air assets + minor repair jobs on aircraft (just enough to fly it if you crash and don't explode).
    8. Crewmen = 30% reduced cost on all ground assets + minor repair jobs on vehicles.

[*]Capture Towns - This was the main objective. As an admin you could set how many towns would be available for capture (8, 12, 16, 18, 20, 24, etc) and you could also set how many towns a team had to capture/hold for a team win.

1. The amount of resistance that would spawn depended on how large the town was. The bigger the town, the more supply/min a team would get.
  2. When a team captured a town, the supply amount of a town had to increase over time or with the help of supply trucks. For example: If you capped a town with a value of 120, the town value when captured would only start at 20/120 (20 supply per min but capable of 120), and every min increase by 2. However if you had supply trucks you could drive them from mhq or a full town (120/120) (where you could fill up a supply truck) to an empy town 20/120 and the supply value would increase by 20, making the town 40/120. You would repeat this process with trucks until the town was 120/120. Now, because you're new town is full (120/120) you can refill trucks at the town to another empty town that you're team will capture.

[*]Each town your team held was not only important for supplies/money but the larger the value was the more AI that would spawn if the enemy tried to take the town from you. Example: A friendly town with a value of 60/120 would spawn in more AI then a town of 80/80.

[*]Each town should be unique. Towns could provide logistical benefits to teams. We could have towns that provide the following: (given you have those upgrades)

1. A town that has a repair depot for vehicles (High cost/long repair time)
    2. A town that has an ammo depot for vehicles (High cost/long reload time)
    3. A town that has a barracks where soldiers/weapons could be bought (At high cost and longer spawn times)
    4. A town that has a factory (light, heavy, air, naval, etc). For balance, much longer times and higher costs to spawn in tanks, cars etc.
    5. All “special†buildings fully destructible and once destroyed unable to produced these advantages.
    6. One feature I liked: Jets could only be bought at airfields (as long as you had the right upgrades). Which meant you had to capture these airfields (or towns nearby).

[*]Towns had to be captured in a specific order.

1. Similar to assault and secure but you had multiple routes you could take to capture towns. Whichever roads connected to a town that you captured those towns were now available for capture. This was an important feature because it meant teams were forced to work together, it encouraged teamplay and discouraged people from lone wolfing (but you could still do that if you wanted to). It was also an important tactical consideration. For example: I could choose to take town A which was closer to mhq and smaller in size (which means less AI) HOWEVER it only provided access to capture 1 other town. If I drove the mhq a little farther I could take town B which may be a little bigger in size and farther but it gives the team the ability to capture 3 other towns (because its connected via roads) once it's captured.
    2. For this to work and avoid confusion, the map would have to be dynamic and show players what towns are available for capture (In RE they were highlighted by a circle with a color.

[*]In the very beginning of the round, the only town that could be capture was the closest one to the MHQ, hence making the commanders 1st choice of town very important.

[*]Resistance/Enemy Team AI Spawning in on Towns: Like previously mentioned the amount of AI you should encounter when attacking a town should be dependent on how big the town supply value is (120/120 large ai spawn, 60/120 half ai spawn, etc). However what I want to discuss is HOW they spawn. Currently they spawn in a large group in a random part of the town. Lets try to make this a little more realistic, what about spawning in a small camp (or several camps) near or in the town (amount of camps that spawn dependent on town size). The AI can do patrols around each camp go in/out of the city until they’re under attack. In order to capture a town a player has to destroy the enemy camps (or capture them). Once all camps are destroyed/captured a player can move into town center and bring down the town supply value until it reaches ZERO, then the town is captured and FRIENDLY AI resistance spawn in clearing out any straggler AI that may be present.

[*]How players obtain cash

1. Capture Towns

[*]Killing enemies:

1. You could expect about 50% of the unit cash value, but I personally feel this is too high, the value should be more like 25% to accommodate the next cash method. (Not to mention that a good pilot could go on for hours and never worry about cash, If you kill 5 tanks that’s already enough cash to buy another heli, too easy).

[*]Salvaging Wrecks

1. With wrecked vehicles all over the map, a good 50% return on the cost of the vehicle seems fair and worth it for a player to take the time to do this.

[*]Running Supply Trucks

1. Filling up supply trucks and moving them to towns that need it takes time and should be rewarded. About $1000 for each delivery sounds fair and once a town’s value is full (120/120) then a reward is no longer possible. The commander should get his cut from players if they’re making deliveries, about 15% sounds fair.

[*]Cash/point Bonuses (incentives for teamplay)

1. Heal a player = $100 and 1 point (with a 3 min timer on bonus, on same player 2 player heal, to prevent overuse, require field dressing to be equipped by medic or wounded soldier)

2. Revive a player = $200 and 2 points (2 min timer on bonus on same player 2 player heal, for abuse prevention)

[*]Transport Player = via aircraft, boat, vehicle. $10 every time a player jumps in and out of your vehicle (with a 4min timer to prevent abuse)

[*]Repair player vehicle = $200 and 1 point ( with 4min timer on bonus to prevent overuse).

1. Or/and make a repair kit a necessity for an engineer to repair vehicles.

[*]Spot an enemy = $20 and 1 point (With 10min timer on bonus if its the same unit being spotted)

[*]Create a structure = points dependent on structure size (for commanders and engineers who don’t fight much). No cash bonus since structures are supposed to cost the team/players.

[*]Defend a town = Additional 10% of unit cost on top of the unit reward (Which I suggested be at 25%), so you would get 35% reward. +1 point for defending the town.

1. Defend a base = Additional 30% reward of unit cost.

[*]Enemy Player (non ai) reward = Additional 10% of unit cost on top of the 25% I suggested. So if you killed an enemy player you could get 35% of the unit value. (Normal 25% value + 10% enemy player bonus).

[*]Team Bases - These need to be rethought. Currently, they are the main objective...we need to cater this to be more of a side mission. It should require a massive amount of effort to attack a well developed enemy base and destroy it. You should still be able to win if you destroy all enemy factories and the MHQ, but it should be EXTREMELY difficult to do so, again we want to push players to the towns and fight it out there.

1. We need a parameter that allows admins to determine how far a base should be allowed from towns. (Build bases in towns or keep them out? Something that we need to experiment with).
          2. Defensive structures should be cheap (For the commander when building in a base, engineers building outside bases should have a medium cost).
          3. Defensive weapons (AT/AA/MG pods) should also be cheap.
          4. Buildings should be VERY difficult to destroy. Requiring 20-30 tank shells to destroy, or 2-8 C4 explosives, or several bombs, all depending on the type of building. The whole point: make it a team effort to destroy the enemy base. 1 lonewolf shouldn’t have the ability to bring down a base with a single tank, maybe disrupt operations if they wish but not bring it all down.
          5. A parameter for admins to determine how many bases that can be created and how many of each building that can be bought.

[*]MHQ Destroyed = Victory, this would no longer be necessary. In fact loosing the MHQ should NOT be a big deal, just a costly thing for the Commander. ($8000 for repair?).

[*]The Commander Role (New changes I recommend)

1. Ability to control the tax rate from 0% to 100%
            2. Ability to repair MHQ with no truck (if damaged but not destroyed, destroyed require a repair truck to bring it back, at high cost).
            3. Ability to authorize deployments of forward operating bases AND ability to authorize purchases of high value assets such as artillery and attack aircraft. That's right, I'm suggesting that the only way players can buy artillery and attack aircraft is by authorization of the commander.
            4. MUST BE ABLE TO BE VOTED IN & OUT by team.

[*]Unit Cost - Currently the unit cost seems off here are my suggestions. (Work in Progress, I’ll update more with time)

1. All transport vehicles/aircraft should be at varying degrees of very low cost.
            2. Heavy vehicles should be priced around $10,000 and above, tanks are too cheap.
            3. Attack aircraft should cost between $30,000-$75,000. You should really have to work to get one of these and they should be a rare sight on the battlefield. Even with the current system, after a couple towns I have over $50,000 and once I get my hands on any attack aircraft I can put in quite a bit of damage on the other team.
            4. Heavy artillery should cost around $100,000.

[*]Other ideas - ?

1. It would be great to introduce the ability for players to equip their units (vehicles/aircraft & ground troops) with weapons, ammo, and all other sorts of gear via the menu system, exactly how we buy gear but instead have a tab where we can select our units if they're nearby. Rather then having to buy it into our backpack, load it into the vehicle, then load the menu again and repeat.
              2. Defensive structures such as walls and roofs should have a VERY HIGH defensive value. 6-8 AP tank hits to bring down 1 wall, 15-20 to bring down 1 roof. Would it be possible to add more defensive structures such as hangars, towers, etc? There are a number of different military defense structures available now like those HUGE white hangars and HUGE towers, lets make bases impressive and those structures HARD to kill.

I listed a TON of ideas: Benny and BECTI community please dissect this huge post and share your thoughts and ideas. Lets take this opportunity to make BECTI even better than before.

6. This asset is an enormous benefit to a team and can be extremely deadly. This price tag pretty much means only the commander will be able to purchase it or the commander will have to donate this cash to a player who is willing to operate it.
          7. Ammo reload on heavy artillery should take about 10 minutes and should be expensive.

2. It would also be nice to have a ring around the “base†area for commanders so we know how far out we can build before the mission considers it a “new†base.

3. Requiring a medic to have first aid kits for revival might actually prevent abuse as well.

To promote town capture, the rewards each player got from capturing a town was very high (The best way in the whole game), equivalent to buying a tank. So for a medium sized town, you could expect about $5k. A small town was about $3-$4,000, and the bigger towns you could expect up to $10,000 (Not a reward pool to be distributed among players, this would be each individual purse). You could work out a formula that uses the town supply value to figure out how much each player gets for a town capture. MOST IMPORTANT PART: In order for a player to receive cash only players in the town radius would receive the cash reward, the commander should be the only player who receives a capture bonus for every town captured, regardless if he/she is not present in the town.

Another nice feature: Include a ring around each town that shows when the AI will spawn once a player gets close enough.

Trucks were refilled automatically once they were within 150m of either MHQ or towncenter (you would also get a pop up box to tell you). They could be either driven by players or AI.
Edited by SpanishSurfer

For that headless client guide you wrote you might want include the step of adding battleyeLicense=1; to .arma3profile

Pretty much the same system as in A2 BE Warfare. 2 Camps for smaller towns and up to 3-4 camps for the bigger cities. That way each faction can have at least one spawn point at each objective and this would result in both more interesting player versus player fights over objectives and more possibilities to clear objectives of AI defenders (maybe tune up the AI defense to balance the spawn point and give AI waypoints to "capture back"/block taken camps).

Although i didn't like the possibility to buy AT weapons at small camps, which made most vehicle attacks against players in towns pointless (endless ammunition of javelins/nlaws) in A2. Maybe just allow to buy small arms/clips/first aid kits/items and such things.

I agree with this, now that I read it. 2 camps is needed to instigate pvp. Though I do think 3 camps should be more rare than in A2.

What I envision is a sandbag wall and nest fortified checkpoint with a larger footprint than A2's camps, that sits at the main choke points towards the center of each town. With emplaced weapons more fortified and protected than in A2 to make them more effective with AI. This could also be a convenient spot to spawn defending AI instead of having them all spawn out of nowhere in the middle of town.

I do agree that camps should be a little more limited on gear purchasing. In A2, we had depots at the center of town. Maybe they could make a return also (Though hopefully with a smaller structure), and provide a full set of gear if you occupy the town. This would prevent guys from setting up near camps and firing an endless barrage of rockets at incoming vehicles. It would force them to keep logistics in check.

So, side missions (common/independent to both sides) :)

Yes! And a parameter that changes success awards, dealing in both supply and cash. :D

I do agree that camps should be a little more limited on gear purchasing. In A2, we had depots at the center of town. Maybe they could make a return also (Though hopefully with a smaller structure), and provide a full set of gear if you occupy the town. This would prevent guys from setting up near camps and firing an endless barrage of rockets at incoming vehicles. It would force them to keep logistics in check.

Yes! And a parameter that changes success awards, dealing in both supply and cash. :D

This is easy to deal with. If players spawn in a town/FOB/Medic Tent they should be charged the FULL price of their last gear set. If they spawn in a base, they get it for free or only get charged 25% of the gear.

Doable. I was thinking of adding a gear access array for each items in the gear menu "Barracks/FOB/Ammo/Camps?".

Camps shouldn't have any AT at all.

Hey Benny.

I been working on something and Thought ya might like the idea for BECTI.

Instead of Credits you have Tickets.

An example would be 50 credits would = 1 Ticket.

so starting funds would then = 9000 credits or 180 global Tickets.

and a truck would cost 11 tickets.

obviously no tickets = no respawn

and no team tickets would = game over.

Any thoughts ?

It's a good concept althought I think it might fit better on respawn-able devices

Hi Benny,

First of all...love your mod..

I would like to ask if there is any way you could change the model for airfield/factory so we could possibly hide bases easier?

The golf ball is too easy to spot even in my opinion...would be great if you could.

Hey, If you have a better model in mind then I'm all ears :)

i'm wondering if you will put in a parameter where you can choose to capture those military outposts and facilitys instead of towns?

Could you detail this?

Benny since you seem open to new ideas here's an organized list that shows the features that were on Rubber Edition plus some of my ideas that really made warfare extremely enjoyable to not just myself but several thousand players. We had servers full 24/7 at our peak before Arma 3 came out. I believe there are MANY more mature players out there that are hungry for a complex RTS/FPS combo that includes all elements of Arma.

I listed a TON of ideas: Benny and BECTI community please dissect this huge post and share your thoughts and ideas. Lets take this opportunity to make BECTI even better than before.

Long list, I'll only answer about the new/non existing features.

1. Class based system is planned.

2. Towns:

- Some stuff will be reworked. I'd like to remove the supply notion still.

3. Award:

- I could boost the capture coefficient (there's already a system to prevent exploiting this)

- I'll add infantry bounty but with a longer delay (way longer).

4. Base:

- Base placement in/out of towns could be a parameter

- Buildings HP has been reworked

5. Commander Roles:

- 0 to 100 is a terribad idea, 30 to 100 is ok.

- HQ shouldn't be able to be repaired without a repair truck.

6. Costs:

- Some prices will be tweaked.

- Heavy vehicles should be accessible. Above 10k is overkill as noone would be able to afford it in a reasonable amount of time.

- I'll raise the Air prices.

- 100k is just too much for artillery.

- Gear to vehicle is planned.

- It's possible.

For that headless client guide you wrote you might want include the step of adding battleyeLicense=1; to .arma3profile

Thanks, I've missed this one