Benny.

[SP/MP] BeCTI

Thanks for the quick answer. It seems like the AI commander doesn't upgrade the buildings, as far as I could see.

I will host a session again today, and let it run freely for a bit, so I can see if I was just too impatient.

Edit:

I was able to host a server for a few hours, and the AI Commander doesn't seems to upgrade the buildings. I looked through all the settings and can't find anything that I could have set up wrong. Any ideas what could be the problem here, or is it a known bug, that I just need to wait for to get fixed?

At first, thanks Benny for your great Work.

I loved to Play your Gamemode at Arma 2.

I have exactly the same problem as Keyrion

Thanks for the quick answer. It seems like the AI commander doesn't upgrade the buildings, as far as I could see.

I will host a session again today, and let it run freely for a bit, so I can see if I was just too impatient.

Edit:

I was able to host a server for a few hours, and the AI Commander doesn't seems to upgrade the buildings. I looked through all the settings and can't find anything that I could have set up wrong. Any ideas what could be the problem here, or is it a known bug, that I just need to wait for to get fixed?

At first, thanks Benny for your great Work.

I loved to Play your Gamemode at Arma 2.

I have exactly the same problem as Keyrion

Hey,

The AI com won't upgrade in 0.96, the routine isn't ready yet (i'll try to add it in 0.97).

Thanks for the answer Benny. How long is it supposed to take before occupation forces start to spawn? Last nights game I bought the first occupation upgrade right from the start. 2 hrs later still no occupation in any of the captured towns. But a game I had two nights ago I had no occupation but left the game running overnight, logged on , the next day and had occupation forces in every town hehe. So I know it works but maybe something is wrong with the timer or something??

I've been trying it last night and had no problems, 0.97 shall have no problems on that side.

Nice,work Benny!!!! must be difficult to work with the alpha 3 bugparty.....

-upgrade town occupation is a nice feature.......is it possible that every town need her own separate upgrade ....maybe as an option and more complex as inf/mech/amored

-no town/occupation activation for Air Units ...if it is not already

-spawn option for ai squads on FOB

-revive of the Territorial Conquest mode

-more parameter xD

good luck Veteran

- Separate town upgrade may be doable. I'll think about it (garrison like)

- It's there :)

- I'll try to add FOB respawn for AI

- I'll re-add territorial later.

- They'll come with the features :)

Singleplayer attempt- I join blufor as commander and disable the other blufor AI teams(depends on if I want them). On the Opfor team, I leave AI as commander and maybe 1 or 2 AI teams enabled, then disable the rest. When taking towns I run into Independants like usual, but never seem to find opfor anywhere on the map? any ideas as to why they are missing? I typically run it on lan, but now that I know the double object spawn issue is a lan issue, I will probably change that. thank you for your help and for my favorite mission possible-ongoing war/base building :)

Ah, I've noticed that one yesterday as I was wondering "where the hell is OPFOR". Well they were all stuck trying to rearm at HQ since the vest classname I've been using was ... renamed...

I've fixed it along with LAN double stuff.

First off thank you for mission -just getting into the SP aspect now. May sound trivial but the construction workers who build -they seem to replay some sort of invisible shouldering of the rifle over and over, I know there are some mechanic car fixing type animations -can they be replaced? Also they seem odd with their OPFOR headgear on -maybe the builders could have no gear or just caps. Thanks!

Trying to find the animations is mission impossible :)

It's a stock animation that was there since OFP. I'll see if I can improve it without breaking stuff.

Trying to find the animations is mission impossible :)

It's a stock animation that was there since OFP. I'll see if I can improve it without breaking stuff.

Hi Benny, I have found this animation listed in the BIS_fnc_ambientAnim not sure if it works outside of it, but its worth a try.

"REPAIR_VEH_PRONE" >>  "HubFixingVehicleProne_idle1"
"REPAIR_VEH_KNEEL" >> "inbasemoves_repairvehicleknl"
"REPAIR_VEH_STAND" >> "inbasemoves_assemblingvehicleerc"

great! glad you fixed it, thx again for your hard work! How often do you update the pbo on your skydrive/armaholic? sry, just cant wait to get the fixed version :)

Hey Benny,

i tried your new version 0.97 on your Server.

good work so far.

HC is not possible on DEV branch right ?

Hope for Altis Version with HC and revive option in parameters :-)

AI is killing Server Performance at the moment.

And iam often scared about the Defense AI, iam often see them first if iam closer than 400m infront of them, thats a really problem. it feels like a teleport of AI if your rush into a City.

than it would be the best MAP ever !

Greetings BroTox

Edited by [S.CITY]BroTox

Am I right to understand that it will not be possible to stack ammo clips into vest until Arma 3 is updated with code to allow it?

Hey,

I dont know why but sometimes i experience some massive framedrop on the server. And when it does i get shitones of message like this one:

Server: Object 6:265 not found (message 117)

Seems to do with the thrashing of remote objects like player IA.

Anyoneone has any idea where it can be from ?

Am I right to understand that it will not be possible to stack ammo clips into vest until Arma 3 is updated with code to allow it?

I am not sure what this has to do with this mission however as far as I can remember even going back to the Alpha this was never a problem.

BroTox;2537513']Hey Benny' date='

good work so far.

And iam often scared about the Defense AI, iam often see them first if iam closer than 400m infront of them, thats a really problem. it feels like a teleport of AI if your rush into a City.

Greetings BroTox[/quote']

It would be great if Benny could post a small guide on getting HC working with the upcoming BeCTI 0.97. I got the hardware standing by here for a proper 64 slot CTI but HC needs to be functional in order to get this player number.

Edited by Zehtuka

As a fix to the Uniform and Vests not being able to have anything put into them at the equipment screen. Maybe make the Barracks have Virtual Ammo Crates around them and get rid of the equipment buying screen. Or have the same way but instead of placing the items on you it buys everything into a Footlocker that despawns after a short while.

It would be great if Benny could post a small guide on getting HC working with the upcoming BeCTI 0.97. I got the hardware standing by here for a proper 64 slot CTI but HC needs to be functional in order to get this player number.

Yeah thats right i have HC on our Server but dont know how to use with 0.97.

Ammo in Vests or Uniform works on Version 0.97 stay tuned it will be come soon iam sure ;-)

Greetings BroTox

Edited by [S.CITY]BroTox

Found an exploit last night, basically if you sell all your gear and suicide you make $200 every 40 seconds. Possible quick fix? Also do Opfor vehicles even have any AA launchers on their Helicopters or is that AA upgrade for the AA mobile tank?

I've also heard town occupation past level 1 is bugged although not sure? Also perhaps a town occupation 1 increases the 25% income from unoccupied towns to 40%, then 55% then finally 70%. It's a pain to have AI squad members maxed out all over the map because you desperately need the income.

Played last night as Comm think the slot got bugged somehow, am I not meant to have an income unless I tax people? As I was on $0 for 100% player returns.

Thanks mate.

Found an exploit last night, basically if you sell all your gear and suicide you make $200 every 40 seconds. Possible quick fix? Also do Opfor vehicles even have any AA launchers on their Helicopters or is that AA upgrade for the AA mobile tank?

Unpack the mission, go into client/Functions/UI/Function_gear_menu.sqf and replace the CTI_UI_Gear_UpdatePrice function with :

CTI_UI_Gear_UpdatePrice = {
private ["_coloration", "_trade_in"];
_trade_in = [uiNamespace getVariable "cti_dialog_ui_gear_target_staticgear", uiNamespace getVariable "cti_dialog_ui_gear_target_gear"] call CTI_UI_Gear_GetGearCostDelta;
uiNamespace setVariable ["cti_dialog_ui_gear_tradein", _trade_in];
_trade_in_real=_trade_in ;
if ( _trade_in < 0 ) then { _trade_in = 0 };

_coloration = if (_trade_in > 0) then {"#F56363"} else {"#76F563"};

((uiNamespace getVariable "cti_dialog_ui_gear") displayCtrl 70025) ctrlSetStructuredText parseText format ["<t align='left'>Trade-in: <t color='%3'>$%1 </t>($ %5 )<t><t align='right'>Resources: <t color='%4'>$%2</t><t>", _trade_in, call CTI_CL_FNC_GetPlayerFunds, _coloration, CTI_P_Coloration_Money,_trade_in_real];
};

And repack.

Edited by ZertyKchan

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for making real warfare mod for Arma 3. :yay: I have lost hours playing it in Arma 2 and it was definitely my favorite.

Anyway, after a couple of sessions here's a couple (literally) of observations:

- there's a bug when respawning as AI (you spawn without magazines in rifle),

- some weapons are just too cheap in regards of their firepower capabilites (eg. TITAN AT costs 600$ and it is capable of destroying heavy tanks in one hit).

great! glad you fixed it, thx again for your hard work! How often do you update the pbo on your skydrive/armaholic? sry, just cant wait to get the fixed version :)

I update it everytime there's a new version or a huge fix :)

Plz add remote vehicle flip to unit cam.

Thanks for your work!

http://cache.www.gametracker.com/player/Trader/74.91.123.178:2302/b_560x95.png

I'll include it in 097.

BroTox;2537513']Hey Benny' date='

good work so far.

Greetings BroTox[/quote']

Hey,

I don't know about HC but I've had troubles with it on DEV (unable to test). Yet it should work

AI spotting is kinda odd unfortunately.

It works as of 0.97

Hey,

I dont know why but sometimes i experience some massive framedrop on the server. And when it does i get shitones of message like this one:

Server: Object 6:265 not found (message 117)

Seems to do with the thrashing of remote objects like player IA.

Anyoneone has any idea where it can be from ?

I've had those messages since the dawn of times (arma 1). It's mostly about net object being accessed and can be ignored.

I am not sure what this has to do with this mission however as far as I can remember even going back to the Alpha this was never a problem.

It was recently introduced (1.04). You could add items to the vest & uniform back in alpha but you could not control the order (engine determined it).

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/uniformContainer

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/vestContainer

This applies to ArmA 3 too (You only need the editor & connect part):

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138805-Warfare-BE&p=2293620&viewfull=1#post2293620

You should create the HC slot(s) on Civ

As a fix to the Uniform and Vests not being able to have anything put into them at the equipment screen. Maybe make the Barracks have Virtual Ammo Crates around them and get rid of the equipment buying screen. Or have the same way but instead of placing the items on you it buys everything into a Footlocker that despawns after a short while.
BroTox;2538145']Yeah thats right i have HC on our Server but dont know how to use with 0.97.

Ammo in Vests or Uniform works on Version 0.97 stay tuned it will be come soon iam sure ;-)

Greetings BroTox

See above :)

Found an exploit last night' date=' basically if you sell all your gear and suicide you make $200 every 40 seconds. Possible quick fix? Also do Opfor vehicles even have any AA launchers on their Helicopters or is that AA upgrade for the AA mobile tank?

I've also heard town occupation past level 1 is bugged although not sure? Also perhaps a town occupation 1 increases the 25% income from unoccupied towns to 40%, then 55% then finally 70%. It's a pain to have AI squad members maxed out all over the map because you desperately need the income.

Played last night as Comm think the slot got bugged somehow, am I not meant to have an income unless I tax people? As I was on $0 for 100% player returns.

Thanks mate.[/quote']

OPFOR has no AA on their chopper, I'll add EASA support asap!

Occupation shall work above 1. That's a nice idea regarding the economy.

If you have no income then the slot may had been disabled (fixed as of 0.97)

Unpack the mission, go into client/Functions/UI/Function_gear_menu.sqf and replace the CTI_UI_Gear_UpdatePrice function with :

CTI_UI_Gear_UpdatePrice = {
private ["_coloration", "_trade_in"];
_trade_in = [uiNamespace getVariable "cti_dialog_ui_gear_target_staticgear", uiNamespace getVariable "cti_dialog_ui_gear_target_gear"] call CTI_UI_Gear_GetGearCostDelta;
uiNamespace setVariable ["cti_dialog_ui_gear_tradein", _trade_in];
_trade_in_real=_trade_in ;
if ( _trade_in < 0 ) then { _trade_in = 0 };

_coloration = if (_trade_in > 0) then {"#F56363"} else {"#76F563"};

((uiNamespace getVariable "cti_dialog_ui_gear") displayCtrl 70025) ctrlSetStructuredText parseText format ["<t align='left'>Trade-in: <t color='%3'>$%1 </t>($ %5 )<t><t align='right'>Resources: <t color='%4'>$%2</t><t>", _trade_in, call CTI_CL_FNC_GetPlayerFunds, _coloration, CTI_P_Coloration_Money,_trade_in_real];
};

And repack.

... Or you can set the gearresell constant on 0 :)

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for making real warfare mod for Arma 3. :yay: I have lost hours playing it in Arma 2 and it was definitely my favorite.

Anyway, after a couple of sessions here's a couple (literally) of observations:

- there's a bug when respawning as AI (you spawn without magazines in rifle),

- some weapons are just too cheap in regards of their firepower capabilites (eg. TITAN AT costs 600$ and it is capable of destroying heavy tanks in one hit).

#1 is fixed in 0.97 with the new commands

#2 I'll tweak a bit the structures HP (weapons price too later on)

Is there a non-Steam workshop download link for vers.0.97? The workshop is way to much hassle for a dedi standalone server.

Is there a non-Steam workshop download link for vers.0.97? The workshop is way to much hassle for a dedi standalone server.

It's not released yet, I'm tweaking the last stuff before the release.

... Or you can set the gearresell constant on 0 :)

Yeah but its not the same behavior cause with this edit you can still exchange part of your gear without actually paying (or i am wrong and i did not fully understand the reselling process)

Hi there Benny :)

First of all, I would love to thank you for this amazing gamemod .. it's wonderful ..:bounce3:

secondly, I want to ask you about the extra vehicles and equipments that you can find in repair trucks! such as the jet, UAVs, mortars and extra stuff i saw in different servers! any idea how to get these mission files Please?

thank you again.

Yeah but its not the same behavior cause with this edit you can still exchange part of your gear without actually paying (or i am wrong and i did not fully understand the reselling process)

It's kinda similar as you won't be able to get money out of gear sales (trade-in).

Hi there Benny :)

First of all, I would love to thank you for this amazing gamemod .. it's wonderful ..:bounce3:

secondly, I want to ask you about the extra vehicles and equipments that you can find in repair trucks! such as the jet, UAVs, mortars and extra stuff i saw in different servers! any idea how to get these mission files Please?

thank you again.

Hey,

Thanks but I don't recall adding jets/uav in my mission yet :)

You can get the files from your mpmissions cache (pbo, use an extractor).

I have mentioned this in WBE for Arma 2 thread.

There seems to be a bug where if you hover a structure preview over a small bridge, it will destroy said bridge. If I manage to replicate it, I will make a video of it. :)

We were talking about what we'd like to see in beCTI the other day and I thought a couple of cool ideas came up.

* An underwater capture point or small Island capture point (Important wreck? Strategic Island?) Basically an amphibious assault or underwater sneak attack.

* Equipment upgrades to come back (Perhaps iron-sights @ level 1 then Thermal scopes + snipers Equipment 3)

* Cheaper boats + Cheaper naval factory (No one uses them they are seriously super soft targets)

- A note about the above, if larger ships come in then it should be rebalanced but since their are no naval transport units that can transport vehicles they are pretty useless

* It's probably a parameter but more than 2 bases would be nice

* Softer buildings

* FOBs producing quads or IFV (without armaments)

* LF2 having more affect (I think it is more of lack of assets in A3 then anything)

* Voting in Commander again

* Having a parameter that makes gear cost less at barracks but FOBs cost more perhaps 25% or 50% at base and 100%-150% at FOBs. My load out costs $700 sucks especially when you get unlucky twice.

* Rewards for killing ANY AI even as little as $5.

I can't think of anything else at the moment, some people want a big town or a city to focus the PvP on I think the middle of the island does this job already (AirPort/Lenos/Athira and Garcia?) Perhaps add the electricity station as another town making a nice even 50 town map?

Still loving the mission although I really wish the voting Comm was back in as the quickest in the slot is not always the best commander, had a few commanders that have taxed 30% for 4 hours of the game got their nice attack chopper where as we're lucky if we can afford a Marid.

P.S Thanks for that quick reply of script sadly I don't own the server or have any access to it :(.