Benny.

[SP/MP] BeCTI

Hey MadBen ;)

Congrats on getting back on the track. I had a quick view on it and i liked it more than the A2 warfare.

MFCTI was a great time, remeber the spawntents ?

Great job on the equipmentmenue looks pretty cool.

I wish I would only be able to use buildings while Iam close to them like back then.

This would raise the tactics in defense when my base is under attack (for rearm).

Anyway good job

Was playing on Stratis with the current version listed here. Saw a lot of AI groups with just a single member in it and only a few with multiple members. Is this expected or shouldn't the groups be filled up with at least a fireteam size?

What are the versions up on Steam (I think I found 2)? Are they official and sanctioned by Benny? If not, the authors should be contacted to take them down OR make it very clear that they are modifications of Benny's original work or something.

Unsanctioned. And if you read the comments, you can clearly see the uploaders have no intentions at all of taking them down. I suppose their attitudes could have been predicted just by the simple fact that they refuse to even include credits to the actual author.

Thankfully not many people are fooled.

How can i run the dedicated server with AI-Teams?

btw how to change all the commands on dedicated server? :)

Idea to improve the first hour of gameplay and especialy when you spawn in the north-west (not many towns there):

Param to enabling a steady income between 25$-100$ per incometick. Maybe naming it something like "Homecountry Upkeep".

This could help factions which are struggling with capturing the first town but will become unimportant in the late game.

Some kind of starting boost maybe (< 10 minutes?)

Great mission!

Here are some minor issues I have come across:

When I was placing defenses around the base I noticed that after a while the guns would not be manned and simply time out.

Appearently this is intended with "CTI_BASE_DEFENSES_AUTO_LIMIT". However it would be nice to get feedback whether the defense will be manned prior to buying it. It can become frustrating seeing your funds vanish into thin air after the unmanned timeout, not even speaking about the time wasted finding the location for the asset.

When previewing the placement of MGs you can knock over map placed walls (high concrete wall) and even knock around vehicles with that preview. I am not sure if this is client-side only but can become quite irritating.

Thanks for considering and keep up the great work!

I'll rework the way the auto-manning works (A manning thread will be attached to the barracks).

The collision is client-side :)

Hi, first a big thanks to Benny for bring us this mission!!!!

Second... i have a problem, i hosted the mission in a dedicated server (rental server) and when the players login some of them are visible in the map (the player name apears in the map) and some not. If the name player are not apear in the map can not perform any interaction with this player, for example bring him money, etc. is like the player not exist. I see that before start the mission all players are in the lobby, then all apears in the map and all can interact each others, but if some player join to the mission this player name are not visible.

Third.... please sorry, soooorry for my bad english. I´m from Argentina.

It usually happens when some player has disactivated the IA on the slot before logout. The only way to fix that is to restart the mission. But again i migth be wrong.

Hey,

As ZertyKchan said it'll happen when a slot is disabled, I'll attempt to change that behaviour in the next version (late-game init/new group init).

What are the versions up on Steam (I think I found 2)? Are they official and sanctioned by Benny? If not, the authors should be contacted to take them down OR make it very clear that they are modifications of Benny's original work or something.

I have none on steam yet, I will upload it there starting from 0.97

... hi benny, seems i found a little bug.

CTI_TOWNS_UNOCCUPIED_PERCENTAGE is used in Client\GUI\GUI_OptionsMenu.sqf, but never defined.

Greets,

Fred41

Edit: ... ah, seems to be a typo, this constant value is called CTI_TOWNS_INCOME_UNOCCUPIED_PERCENTAGE in real ...

Hey,

Massive variable name replace casualty here :)

I've fixed it by replacing that part of the code with the TownGetResources function.

Hey MadBen ;)

Congrats on getting back on the track. I had a quick view on it and i liked it more than the A2 warfare.

MFCTI was a great time, remeber the spawntents ?

Great job on the equipmentmenue looks pretty cool.

I wish I would only be able to use buildings while Iam close to them like back then.

This would raise the tactics in defense when my base is under attack (for rearm).

Anyway good job

Hey Muecke, long time no see!

I recall spawntent fest in everon/lagova :)

Brit said the same thing with the buildings! I guess that I have to add it now :)

Was playing on Stratis with the current version listed here. Saw a lot of AI groups with just a single member in it and only a few with multiple members. Is this expected or shouldn't the groups be filled up with at least a fireteam size?

The AI groups will tend to resupply at base when their squad size is below the independent size (4). By default the logic is as follow:

- AI Groups size < 4?

>> Go toward base for resupply

- AI Group size >= 4 AND in range of factory (close)?

>> Purchase

The AI will not attempt to resupply to base if it's group size is above 4. That's why the commander will purchase units to squad members (or give them some money).

I will also add a routine later on for Team leaders to transfer their funds to the commander when they have too much.

Reminds me to allow remote purchase of tanks & air vehicles too for Team Leaders.

I've also ended implementing Artillery. Any of you have suggestion about the range min/max (short/medium/long/extreme) and the timeout between fire missions?

People who complain about low income don't know how to play this mission.

Benny already pointed out the main problem ( empty town ) normally when I play as commander then I make sure every town is occupied. I'm a lone wolf type of player. Mean max amount of troop I need is 3-4 gunner, ammo and repair. Rest I just send to empty town to idle there. In some versions there is UVG-s in light fac, those count as occupant so I send those to town.

so in conclusion 3-5 occupied town = 15 unoccupied town

2Benny are planned to be added in the mission stringtable.xml ?

As for the distribution of modifications BECTI in steam workshop. Benny aware of the fact that his mission is exposed to adapt, and that it was published on steam. In the correspondence, I asked how he relates to it. And received a clear answer.

But if he decides that through the workshop should be published free only his original mission and he will tell you here or in private correspondence me,the mission immediately be transferred to the status or for friends only, or in the status private.

P.S. was a misunderstanding associated with [Fr]Zerty_Kchan. It appeared due to the fact that the mission to which adapt in 90% of the take from the server community arma2.ru. And so it turned out that there was already some time loaded mission with corrections [Fr]Zerty_Kchan . After the message [Fr]Zerty_Kchan measures were taken to restore justice in relation to [Fr]Zerty_Kchan. If he finds that this is not enough, he can contact me and tell what he wants.

Edited by outchitel

As for the distribution of modifications BECTI in steam workshop. Benny aware of the fact that his mission is exposed to adapt, and that it was published on steam. In the correspondence, I asked how he relates to it. And received a clear answer.

But if he decides that through the workshop should be published free only his original mission and he will tell you here or in private correspondence me,the mission immediately be transferred to the status or for friends only, or in the status private.

P.S. was a misunderstanding associated with [Fr]Zerty_Kchan. It appeared due to the fact that the mission to which adapt in 90% of the take from the server community arma2.ru. And so it turned out that there was already some time loaded mission with corrections [Fr]Zerty_Kchan . After the message [Fr]Zerty_Kchan measures were taken to restore justice in relation to [Fr]Zerty_Kchan. If he finds that this is not enough, he can contact me and tell what he wants.

Can someone translate this? lol. I... just don't even know.

I've also ended implementing Artillery. Any of you have suggestion about the range min/max (short/medium/long/extreme) and the timeout between fire missions?

In my opinion, the min range should be like 3 kilometers and max range between 20-40. Concerning the timout i'll say that the farther the shot is the longer is the timeout must be, That way if you try to directly fire on the enemy base, the next shot should not be before 20-30 seconds at max range.

One other isue with the artillery is the mines shells, I tend to disable them by sanitazing the artilleries with

private ["_side", "_vehicle"];

_vehicle = _this select 0;
_side = _this select 1;

//--- We check the  Loadout
switch (missionNamespace getVariable "CTI_UNITS_ARTILLERY_CLUSTER") do {
case 0: {_vehicle execVM  "Common\Functions\CTI_CO_FNC_SanitizeArtilleryCluster"};//--- Remove
};

CTI_CO_FNC_SanitizeArtilleryCluster:

private ["_magazines","_vehicle"];
["INFORMATION", "FILE: Common\Functions\Client_OnPurchaseOrderReceived.sqf", "Cleaning artillery "] call CTI_CO_FNC_Log ;
_vehicle = _this;

while { alive _vehicle} do {
_magazines =  _vehicle magazinesTurret [0];

_magazines_remove = [];
//--- Find Cluster mine magazines.
{
	_ammo = getText(configFile >> "CfgMagazines" >> _x >> "ammo"); //--- We grab the ammo used by the magazine.
	if ( _ammo == "Mine_155mm_AMOS_range") then {_magazines_remove = _magazines_remove + [_x]};

} forEach _magazines;

{if (_x in _magazines_remove) then {_vehicle removeMagazineTurret [_x,[0]]} } forEach _magazines; //--- Remove  magazines if found.
sleep 0.5;
};

I have another question: do you have any idea why offroads are not shown in ligth factory when defined by something like:

_c = _c + [' C_Offroad_01_F'];
_p = _p + [''];
_n = _n + ['Police Car '];
_o = _o + [750];
_t = _t + [10];
_u = _u + [0];
_f = _f + [CTI_FACTORY_LIGHT];
_s = _s + ['police_pcar'];

Keep Up the good work :)

Ola, I'll try to answer:

- Multiple language will be supported via Stringtable.xml after that the main core is done (rev 0.98 / 0.99)

- It's ok to have the mission in the workshop as long as the credits are respected (BECTI). I've never had any problems regarding that.

In my opinion, the min range should be like 3 kilometers and max range between 20-40. Concerning the timout i'll say that the farther the shot is the longer is the timeout must be, That way if you try to directly fire on the enemy base, the next shot should not be before 20-30 seconds at max range.

One other isue with the artillery is the mines shells, I tend to disable them by sanitazing the artilleries with

private ["_side", "_vehicle"];

_vehicle = _this select 0;
_side = _this select 1;

//--- We check the  Loadout
switch (missionNamespace getVariable "CTI_UNITS_ARTILLERY_CLUSTER") do {
case 0: {_vehicle execVM  "Common\Functions\CTI_CO_FNC_SanitizeArtilleryCluster"};//--- Remove
};

CTI_CO_FNC_SanitizeArtilleryCluster:

private ["_magazines","_vehicle"];
["INFORMATION", "FILE: Common\Functions\Client_OnPurchaseOrderReceived.sqf", "Cleaning artillery "] call CTI_CO_FNC_Log ;
_vehicle = _this;

while { alive _vehicle} do {
_magazines =  _vehicle magazinesTurret [0];

_magazines_remove = [];
//--- Find Cluster mine magazines.
{
	_ammo = getText(configFile >> "CfgMagazines" >> _x >> "ammo"); //--- We grab the ammo used by the magazine.
	if ( _ammo == "Mine_155mm_AMOS_range") then {_magazines_remove = _magazines_remove + [_x]};

} forEach _magazines;

{if (_x in _magazines_remove) then {_vehicle removeMagazineTurret [_x,[0]]} } forEach _magazines; //--- Remove  magazines if found.
sleep 0.5;
};

I have another question: do you have any idea why offroads are not shown in ligth factory when defined by something like:

_c = _c + [' C_Offroad_01_F'];
_p = _p + [''];
_n = _n + ['Police Car '];
_o = _o + [750];
_t = _t + [10];
_u = _u + [0];
_f = _f + [CTI_FACTORY_LIGHT];
_s = _s + ['police_pcar'];

Keep Up the good work :)

I too fear that mines will lag balls on a server so I'll add a constant to disable it.

Regarding your question make sure that you've added the car's classname to the Factories config file (Factory_West.sqf / Factory_East.sqf)

Regarding your question make sure that you've added the car's classname to the Factories config file (Factory_West.sqf / Factory_East.sqf)

Aw I forgot about that (lack of sleep :) ) thanks.

When previewing the placement of MGs you can knock over map placed walls (high concrete wall) and even knock around vehicles with that preview. I am not sure if this is client-side only but can become quite irritating.

The collision is client-side :)

Hey. I was goofing around with it some more and had a player confirm that it is actually not client-side only. Well, this means that the effects of the client-side collision are propagated to other clients. Another player will see a vehicle bounce or the bush fall over.

It seems to be that this is a vehicle-vehicle collision as this effect does not happen with statics like the bunker but only the enterable defence assets. I haven't tested it but applying disableCollisionWith to the asset and all vehicles within the vicinity might prevent these effects.

Keep up the great work and I'd like to add that it was a pleasure to peek at such clean and well structured code.

Aw I forgot about that (lack of sleep :) ) thanks.

Prepare caffeine injection! :)

Hey. I was goofing around with it some more and had a player confirm that it is actually not client-side only. Well, this means that the effects of the client-side collision are propagated to other clients. Another player will see a vehicle bounce or the bush fall over.

It seems to be that this is a vehicle-vehicle collision as this effect does not happen with statics like the bunker but only the enterable defence assets. I haven't tested it but applying disableCollisionWith to the asset and all vehicles within the vicinity might prevent these effects.

Keep up the great work and I'd like to add that it was a pleasure to peek at such clean and well structured code.

Ah I thought that it'd keep the old-style locality. I've added a periodic check while in preview mode to disable collision with nearest entities. Thanks for the report!

Does the mission work with addons? And if not will it be able too in the future?

Haven't seen any problems using a huge number of addons with it. Try it and find out.

Love to see you back in action Benny here on Arma3. Favorite MP mission for Arma 2 and now my favorite for arma3. Running it on my dedicated server. Love the new GUI ect great work. In addition to trying to make your ego larger I have a question and a report.

Question is, the GUI says that the town occupation, after upgrade can be purchased. How can you use town occupation forces or is this not implemented yet?

Report, probably reported before but just in case, when you send an AI to hold towns/base and you choose the town, they will go and give you a solid "occupation circle" but then they start to patrol way outside the circle, consequently you end up only getting the additional occupation cash about a third of the time as the rest they are patrolling too far out. Solutions would be smaller patrol or bigger circle, I personally would rather see bigger circle as the small flags and circles are already kind of hard to see when you scale the map out.

Great job once again, thanks.

Is there a way to Create AI squads when there are none up as a commander. I can populate Ai squads that are already there but I have not found out how to actually make a new squad. Is there a way to do such a thing and if not would it be an option that could go in at a future date.

How can I play singleplayer and have the enemy team take/retake towns? is this possible? I know how to solo play against the occupied towns, but even if I activate the Commander and a couple AI teams on the opposing team.. nothing seems to happen. just blufor and occupied towns, with no retake

Hey guys, I have a little problem playing BeCTI.

First off, thanks for your great work.

Now regarding my problem:

Whenever I host the mission (LAN or as dedicated server), or play it in single player, I have the problem that I can't seem to able to buy tanks and higher tier vehicles. The AI commander has built the necessary buildings, and I see the AI itself buying and driving the vehicles, but in my menu it is not available.

You guys got any idea how to fix this?

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keiryon.

Does the mission work with addons? And if not will it be able too in the future?

It can work with addons, There's just addons classname to add in it.

Love to see you back in action Benny here on Arma3. Favorite MP mission for Arma 2 and now my favorite for arma3. Running it on my dedicated server. Love the new GUI ect great work. In addition to trying to make your ego larger I have a question and a report.

Question is, the GUI says that the town occupation, after upgrade can be purchased. How can you use town occupation forces or is this not implemented yet?

Report, probably reported before but just in case, when you send an AI to hold towns/base and you choose the town, they will go and give you a solid "occupation circle" but then they start to patrol way outside the circle, consequently you end up only getting the additional occupation cash about a third of the time as the rest they are patrolling too far out. Solutions would be smaller patrol or bigger circle, I personally would rather see bigger circle as the small flags and circles are already kind of hard to see when you scale the map out.

Great job once again, thanks.

Town occupation will automatically spawn when triggered after that the upgrade is performed.

I've doubled the radius of that circle up to 250 meters.

Is there a way to Create AI squads when there are none up as a commander. I can populate Ai squads that are already there but I have not found out how to actually make a new squad. Is there a way to do such a thing and if not would it be an option that could go in at a future date.

Only the commander may form AI Squads (Whether he's player or AI). By default AI will focus on an Infantry-support role.

Still when playing as the commander's you may create custom squad by setting AI to be independent (They won't purchase on their own) and by purchasing units to them.

How can I play singleplayer and have the enemy team take/retake towns? is this possible? I know how to solo play against the occupied towns, but even if I activate the Commander and a couple AI teams on the opposing team.. nothing seems to happen. just blufor and occupied towns, with no retake

That's odd, could you detail the problem further ahead? what do you mean by activate the commander in singleplayer? (afaik in SP all roles are actives)

Hey guys, I have a little problem playing BeCTI.

First off, thanks for your great work.

Now regarding my problem:

Whenever I host the mission (LAN or as dedicated server), or play it in single player, I have the problem that I can't seem to able to buy tanks and higher tier vehicles. The AI commander has built the necessary buildings, and I see the AI itself buying and driving the vehicles, but in my menu it is not available.

You guys got any idea how to fix this?

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keiryon.

Hey,

AI disregard the upgrade level at the moment, I'll be adding an upgrade respect routine asap (You have to wait for the AI Commander to upgrade it otherwise).

Hey,

AI disregard the upgrade level at the moment, I'll be adding an upgrade respect routine asap (You have to wait for the AI Commander to upgrade it otherwise).

Thanks for the quick answer. It seems like the AI commander doesn't upgrade the buildings, as far as I could see.

I will host a session again today, and let it run freely for a bit, so I can see if I was just too impatient.

Edit:

I was able to host a server for a few hours, and the AI Commander doesn't seems to upgrade the buildings. I looked through all the settings and can't find anything that I could have set up wrong. Any ideas what could be the problem here, or is it a known bug, that I just need to wait for to get fixed?

Edited by Keiryon

Thanks for the answer Benny. How long is it supposed to take before occupation forces start to spawn? Last nights game I bought the first occupation upgrade right from the start. 2 hrs later still no occupation in any of the captured towns. But a game I had two nights ago I had no occupation but left the game running overnight, logged on , the next day and had occupation forces in every town hehe. So I know it works but maybe something is wrong with the timer or something??

Nice,work Benny!!!! must be difficult to work with the alpha 3 bugparty.....

-upgrade town occupation is a nice feature.......is it possible that every town need her own separate upgrade ....maybe as an option and more complex as inf/mech/amored

-no town/occupation activation for Air Units ...if it is not already

-spawn option for ai squads on FOB

-revive of the Territorial Conquest mode

-more parameter xD

good luck Veteran

Edited by TeilX

Singleplayer attempt- I join blufor as commander and disable the other blufor AI teams(depends on if I want them). On the Opfor team, I leave AI as commander and maybe 1 or 2 AI teams enabled, then disable the rest. When taking towns I run into Independants like usual, but never seem to find opfor anywhere on the map? any ideas as to why they are missing? I typically run it on lan, but now that I know the double object spawn issue is a lan issue, I will probably change that. thank you for your help and for my favorite mission possible-ongoing war/base building :)

First off thank you for mission -just getting into the SP aspect now. May sound trivial but the construction workers who build -they seem to replay some sort of invisible shouldering of the rifle over and over, I know there are some mechanic car fixing type animations -can they be replaced? Also they seem odd with their OPFOR headgear on -maybe the builders could have no gear or just caps. Thanks!