Benny.

[SP/MP] BeCTI

I'm not too fond of the licensing model regarding the HC but if people want it then why not. It's a shame that the AI is not that mutlicore friendly.

THX :D

and another please could you add the TPW-MODS, zeu Addons if it is possible please? :confused::bounce3:

Edited by DarkGenesis

CTI is the best reason for me to play this game and spend money into huge servers :D

and another please could you add the TPW-MODS, zeu Addons if it is possible please? :confused::bounce3:

That's not the way it works. If you want mods, you have to run them yourself. This is a mission, not a mod.

Benny, can you please remove the Marid from heavy 0 and replace it with the BTR-K. The Marid is no competition at all versus the AMV-7 Marshal.

The Marid is more on par with the Panther and that lives at heavy 1. To be honest neither of them I would class as heavy, you could put both of them (Marid and Panther) at light 1 instead.

I'll try to work something out.

Well first of all : Félicitations pour cette release.

I just have a small question/suggestion which is : can you port the mission souces into a revision control platform (devheaven, github ...) so we can fork it and keep track of who modify what. It could be usefull for people like Bl1p or myself (correct me if I am wrong :) ), and could improve the environment of people working on your mission.

That said, congratz and see you around.

I'll try to add it soon.

Nice to see this is still alive an kicking! Congrats on the release Benny!

Haven't got the right hardware for A3 yet, but that will soon change, so I can test this myself :)

Thanks, hope that we see you soon! :)

BroTox;2530630']Really enjoy to play this mod !

Hope you add HC and Revive script in near future :-)

Greetings BroTox

Thanks! It's planned :)

Any way you can put this on the Steam Workshop. Thanks for all the hard work.

I'll add it asap

and another please could you add the TPW-MODS' date=' zeu Addons if it is possible please? :confused::bounce3:

I can't really add the first one for bandwidth reasons, the second one can be used out of the mission ;).

CTI is the best reason for me to play this game and spend money into huge servers :D

Some intel for next release:

- AI Commander will now buy units to other AI Independent Teams (up to the limit)

- AI Commander will attempt to allocate funds to AI teams too (if they cannot buy a unit to the Team x)

- Uniform and Vest container now works properly in the gear menu (thanks to vestContainer and uniformContainer). Now we just miss a command to load a magazine as the current magazine of a weapon.

- Artillery support will be added (Disabled / Vanilla / Short / Medium / Long)

- HC Support

Any way you can put this on the Steam Workshop. Thanks for all the hard work.

It's already on the workshop, hosted by several different ripoff artists. Hope it does find it's way up there, so we'll have proper links to point steam noobs to when those guys do host and the community tries to police it the only way they really can (Through comments).

Edit: Ha. Ninja'd. GW benny.

---------- Post added at 03:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 AM ----------

Btw benny, I was successful in getting farooq's revive to work perfectly in BE. Needs a bit of tweaking since it's a bit rough as far as production value goes. But since it fires before respawn, it fits in perfectly with the mission.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?155989-Farooq-s-Revive

It's already on the workshop, hosted by several different ripoff artists. Hope it does find it's way up there, so we'll have proper links to point steam noobs to when those guys do host and the community tries to police it the only way they really can (Through comments).

Edit: Ha. Ninja'd. GW benny.

---------- Post added at 03:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 AM ----------

Btw benny, I was successful in getting farooq's revive to work perfectly in BE. Needs a bit of tweaking since it's a bit rough as far as production value goes. But since it fires before respawn, it fits in perfectly with the mission.

I'll have a look, ty :)

hi benny,

first off i love your mission :D

but i have some serious issues with basebuilding:

when i want to place a building e.g. baracks or aa static gun those get placed twice:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/exoxl0subu4ifn9/2013-10-10_00001.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z38o94qquw8gc5b/2013-10-10_00002.jpg

wondering if i'm the only one with that problem?

(playing the dev version)

Wooohoo

O wait its still 0096 ?

I am working on a similar Revive for Escape Altis to replace Farooq's respawn there. Maybe it will fit CTI very well.

hi benny,

when i want to place a building e.g. baracks or aa static gun those get placed twice:

Hey,

Are you playing in Single Player or Multi Player (LAN or dedicated)?

Wooohoo

O wait its still 0096 ?

A tweaked one :)

I am working on a similar Revive for Escape Altis to replace Farooq's respawn there. Maybe it will fit CTI very well.

Looking toward it :)

That'd be fantastic. Farooq's is decent, but it seems like it does have some occasional problems. And it's very rough around the edges.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

hi benny,

I've seen this before too, but only when playing lan. Never had the issue on dedi.

I've seen this before too, but only when playing lan. Never had the issue on dedi.

Maybe its an issue with hosting a LAN session.

Have you tried using the arma3server.exe on the lan and seeing what happens from there?

That will give you a test Dedi.

it takes a bit to set up but try using the updated TADST, set the gamespy box to 127.0.0.1 for LAN

Just browsed the source, good work on adding headers on the script file, much easier to reverse eng the mission. But why did you change some variable name :) nethermind , I ll manage :)

@benny:

i was hosting a lan-server for testing

Maybe its an issue with hosting a LAN session.

Have you tried using the arma3server.exe on the lan and seeing what happens from there?

That will give you a test Dedi.

it takes a bit to set up but try using the updated TADST, set the gamespy box to 127.0.0.1 for LAN

I've fixed it (Thought that publicVariableServer & publicVariableClient wouldn't work on LAN so I did a local call for the host)

Just browsed the source, good work on adding headers on the script file, much easier to reverse eng the mission. But why did you change some variable name :) nethermind , I ll manage :)

I changed some variable name so that It'd be easier to group in the constants :p (Use windows grep if needed)

Headless Client support is added now... but i can't test it as it seems broken in the dev build (mine stay stuck on connecting before disconnecting).

Firstly I love your warfare mission Benny ever since I tried it on OA and currently enjoying it on A3 despite the unfortunate lack of assets on BIS's part although I did find a problem with building placement last night when playing. Turns out you can build towers close to base buildings more specifically the Air factory as I found when a 'friendly' built a tower exploding my freshly build helicopter and risking future helicopter spawns any chance of imposing a no - build zone area around base buildings again like in A2?

Secondly currently having played about 4 or 6 games of warfare from the beginning or close to in A3 I think their isn't enough money going around within the first 3 hours of the game as everyone seems to be struggling for cash. I was struggling hard despite having around 15 towns, 5 town captures, 100 kills, no deaths, only a marid and 4 rearm services to my name (50% or 60% income) although late game(4hrs+) we went from 10-$30 min to $250+ is this working as intended?

3) Buildings seem to take ages to destroy without satchels, as getting close enough to planet satchels requires a lot of stealth and luck.

4) Is there a way to upgrade your aircraft when a new upgrade comes out? I bought a Orca thinking that the rocket upgrade was needed not realizing it was a missile :S

5) Is there a way to see what upgrades the Comm already has?

6) AI spawns are very congested generally able to wipe out a whole town spawn with 10 GMG rounds (I've seen mentioned that you were working on this)

7) This is probably already in but can you make sure the major towns (early days don't know names) worth a substantial amount more than the others, more so than Taki in A2

8) Eco upgrades can they be put back in?

Still early in A3 development looking forward to what you are doing next.

Firstly I love your warfare mission Benny ever since I tried it on OA and currently enjoying it on A3 despite the unfortunate lack of assets on BIS's part although I did find a problem with building placement last night when playing. Turns out you can build towers close to base buildings more specifically the Air factory as I found when a 'friendly' built a tower exploding my freshly build helicopter and risking future helicopter spawns any chance of imposing a no - build zone area around base buildings again like in A2?

Secondly currently having played about 4 or 6 games of warfare from the beginning or close to in A3 I think their isn't enough money going around within the first 3 hours of the game as everyone seems to be struggling for cash. I was struggling hard despite having around 15 towns, 5 town captures, 100 kills, no deaths, only a marid and 4 rearm services to my name (50% or 60% income) although late game(4hrs+) we went from 10-$30 min to $250+ is this working as intended?

3) Buildings seem to take ages to destroy without satchels, as getting close enough to planet satchels requires a lot of stealth and luck.

4) Is there a way to upgrade your aircraft when a new upgrade comes out? I bought a Orca thinking that the rocket upgrade was needed not realizing it was a missile :S

5) Is there a way to see what upgrades the Comm already has?

6) AI spawns are very congested generally able to wipe out a whole town spawn with 10 GMG rounds (I've seen mentioned that you were working on this)

7) This is probably already in but can you make sure the major towns (early days don't know names) worth a substantial amount more than the others, more so than Taki in A2

8) Eco upgrades can they be put back in?

Still early in A3 development looking forward to what you are doing next.

Hey,

I'll try to tune the construction a bit.

You have to be aware that unoccupied towns (towns without a circle around them) will only generate 25% of their income so a friendly ai shall always be left in the town vicinity (or the income parameter about town occupation shall be disabled).

The weapon balance is really odd. I'm still in the process of tweaking structures damage reduction.

About the "upgrade an old asset" it's not that easy for some vehicles turrets, it would be useful to have an addWeaponTurret command (we have addMagazineTurret so why not?)

I'll try to make the Command Menu accessible by anyone (disabling some actions)

I'm working on scattering the AI in town (further / in house / spawn at door)

Main towns already bring alot of cash when occupied (~1000/min)

I could add a "pimp my economy" button (upgrades the unoccupied town resources generation? 25% 30% 35%..)

Idea to improve the first hour of gameplay and especialy when you spawn in the north-west (not many towns there):

Param to enabling a steady income between 25$-100$ per incometick. Maybe naming it something like "Homecountry Upkeep".

This could help factions which are struggling with capturing the first town but will become unimportant in the late game.

Great mission!

Here are some minor issues I have come across:

When I was placing defenses around the base I noticed that after a while the guns would not be manned and simply time out.

Appearently this is intended with "CTI_BASE_DEFENSES_AUTO_LIMIT". However it would be nice to get feedback whether the defense will be manned prior to buying it. It can become frustrating seeing your funds vanish into thin air after the unmanned timeout, not even speaking about the time wasted finding the location for the asset.

When previewing the placement of MGs you can knock over map placed walls (high concrete wall) and even knock around vehicles with that preview. I am not sure if this is client-side only but can become quite irritating.

Thanks for considering and keep up the great work!

You have to be aware that unoccupied towns (towns without a circle around them) will only generate 25% of their income so a friendly ai shall always be left in the town vicinity (or the income parameter about town occupation shall be disabled).

OMG! I thought that meant there was enemy within them. The amount of time I spent searching for nonexistence enemies!

Thanks Benny! Appreciate it

Hi, first a big thanks to Benny for bring us this mission!!!!

Second... i have a problem, i hosted the mission in a dedicated server (rental server) and when the players login some of them are visible in the map (the player name apears in the map) and some not. If the name player are not apear in the map can not perform any interaction with this player, for example bring him money, etc. is like the player not exist. I see that before start the mission all players are in the lobby, then all apears in the map and all can interact each others, but if some player join to the mission this player name are not visible.

Third.... please sorry, soooorry for my bad english. I´m from Argentina.

i have a problem, i hosted the mission in a dedicated server (rental server) and when the players login some of them are visible in the map (the player name apears in the map) and some not. If the name player are not apear in the map can not perform any interaction with this player, for example bring him money, etc. is like the player not exist. I see that before start the mission all players are in the lobby, then all apears in the map and all can interact each others, but if some player join to the mission this player name are not visible.

It usually happens when some player has disactivated the IA on the slot before logout. The only way to fix that is to restart the mission. But again i migth be wrong.

What are the versions up on Steam (I think I found 2)? Are they official and sanctioned by Benny? If not, the authors should be contacted to take them down OR make it very clear that they are modifications of Benny's original work or something.

... hi benny, seems i found a little bug.

CTI_TOWNS_UNOCCUPIED_PERCENTAGE is used in Client\GUI\GUI_OptionsMenu.sqf, but never defined.

Greets,

Fred41

Edit: ... ah, seems to be a typo, this constant value is called CTI_TOWNS_INCOME_UNOCCUPIED_PERCENTAGE in real ...

Edited by Fred41

... hi benny, seems i found a little bug ...

CTI_TOWNS_UNOCCUPIED_PERCENTAGE is used in Client\GUI\GUI_OptionsMenu.sqf, but never defined.

Greets,

Fred41

I think at the moment no local variable is defiend in BeCTI. They are only initialized. Benny is working on it as far as I know.