Sign in to follow this  
Kommiekat

[SP Campaign] Operation Gothic Serpent-by Wiki (RWO Release)

funny that.

Why didn't you use ArmA 1 SF? they looked almost exactly like BHD

funny that.

Why didn't you use ArmA 1 SF? they looked almost exactly like BHD

Good question. The reason why were the fatigues. They are using a modern digitized camo as compared to the other units.

Besides, with Clawhammers units, he has the best DELTA black helmets and the camo was same as Delta Hawks uniforms for early 90's.

Open up in editor and check it out.

Oh wait, you don't go into the editor anymore because your........................BANANAS! :yay:

Operation Gothic Serpent RWO release has been updated to Version 1.1

-Intro cinematic added by nettrucker

Thanks buddy!

Nice to see an intro for this campaign.

Thanks for making it!

Nice to see an intro for this campaign.

Thanks for making it!

Hey, you repeated the exact same message here as in RWO thread.

That's just plain lazy, man..............:bounce3:

Played the first mission, Arrival, and I do like the intro. Nothing breath-taking, just a row of UN M113 vehicles, but it serves its purpose. The time-period camo uniforms are a great addition, and the rest of the misison is not soo special, just the reception at the base.

The second misson, Irene, is bugged. The briefing does not works before mission start does not work, citing an error with ET_Terrorists. The mission works up to clearing action of the hotel. There is no single soul inside the hotel, so all BLUFOR spec ops just linger around outside the hotel and the mission does not progress beyond this point.

The third mission, Black Hawk Down is missing another Terrorist (Terrorist 3). Maybe this is the case why no enemies could be encountered throughout the whole mission. 2nd objective, the injured pilot does not talk or join the squad, so this looks like a bug for a while until the MH-6 arrives on the scene and the objective is done. After another heli, Super 64, is going down, the mission ends. In general, I would recommend to eliminate the errors in the mission.sqm and voice (movie samples maybe?) the walls of text you are throwing at the player.

The 4th mission in the series, called The Sacrifice is also non-functional due to missing units. Even 25 minutes post-the-order of holding my position, no enemies appear, and neither does the rescue convoy.

The 5th misson, called Reinforcements, works. I can approach the first crash site unhindered, blow up the first heli, move to the second crash site, where there are a few enemies waiting on rooftops which are quickly dealt with. The Linkup with the Rangers also works. At the start of the mission some gangstas are missing from the mission.sqm I presume, that's why approaching the crash sites was a walk in the park.

The 6th mission, going by the name of Rescue Convoy features a missing ET Terrorist5, as well, as a very impressive attack run, conducted by two LittleBirds. The problem is, the rescue convoy does not arrive, not even 30 minutes after that attack run, no radio messages are displayed after this event either. Another broken mission.

Final mission: The Mile. Briefing is not present, but I just have to walk a long way to the truck and finally enter the FOB at home.

Campaign verdict: If not broken, the premise would be great, especially with all the music from the movie.

Edited by Mathias_Eichinger