Sign in to follow this  
Kommiekat

[SP Campaign] Operation Gothic Serpent-by Wiki (RWO Release)

Operation Gothic Serpent

blackhawkloadscreen_zpsab21ed53.jpg

Operation Gothic Serpent was a military operation conducted by United States special operations forces with the primary mission of capturing warlord Mohamed Farrah Aidid. The operation occurred in Somalia from August to October 1993 and was supervised by the Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC).

As part of the operation, the soldiers were deployed in a mission to arrest two of Aidid's lieutenants. That mission's result – executed under the command of Gothic Serpent – became known as the Battle of Mogadishu, or "The Battle of the Black Sea" to those who fought in it.

--wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Gothic_Serpent

Inspired by true events

Map:

Falluja 1.2 to represent Mogadishu, Somalia

Featuring Delta Hawks US Military MOD

Download

Armaholic mirror

[RWO] Operation Gothic Serpent (@)

Original file here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?132351-Wiki-s-Creations&highlight=Gothic+Serpent

Requirements:

Arma 2/OA/CO 1.62

Addons:

US Military Mod Version 0.82 by Delta Hawk

US Army Special Forces by Clawhammer

Desert Mercenaries and BlackOps by SchnapsdroSel

Fallujah

ADuke's Helo pack - ArmA2

Scripts:

-FOB in fallujah by sylvain

Log Change:

Version 1.1

-INTRO made and created by nettrucker!

Version 1.0 RWO Release

-Fixed Chopper insertion mission 2

-Replaced all bluefor units with Delta Hawks US Military Mod

-Replaced all Opfor units with SchnajpsdroSel's Desert Mercenaries and BlackOps (Terrorists and Gangsters)

-Made references to "The Mob" based on the movie "Blackhawk Down"

-Merged FOB base

-Added defenses and animations to Mogadishu airport

-Added more crowds of civilians

-Customized Music

This wonderful campaign has been updated to meet RWO specifications with full permission from the author, Wiki aka Le Cardinal

I hope you enjoy playing this as much as I did.

Edited by Kommiekat
updated

Great news. I'm SO looking forward to play this. Congratulation. But... is armaholic down? Need the helo pack.

Thanks KK.

Edited by Wiki

Thanks for the correction, but my problem was, that I couldn't (and still can't) connect to armaholic. But I downloaded it on arma2base now.

I started "Irene" five times now and four times, while landing on the target building, the little bird got stuck und the edge of the building, fliped over and exploded. One time, while flying to LZ, a black hawk behind me randomly crashed and exploded (maybe it was supposed to be super six one?). I then tried to jump on a balcony before the little bird explodes but then the mission ended with the message, that I captured all HVTs but lost super six one. Now I managed to land, capture the bad guys and secure the building, but no trucks are outside to pick me up. But fortunately I can skip this and move on. I really like the story and the names of the missions really made me hungry to try them :D From "Irene" to the infamous "mogadishu mile" :) Very good and thanks again!

Edited by CYHFC

I can't speak for Wiki, but I think from the latest updates, they may have affected the missions and triggers and scripts and so forth.

Be sure to try it without the Beta first and see how that goes.

Yes, and also try WITHOUT any AI modification mod like ASR nor ACE etc...

Yeah, I already disabled stuff like ACE before installing/starting gothic serpent, so I guess it's the beta. Is it enogh then to just remove the "beta" folder from the "expansion" folder?

You should not need to remove the beta folder just launch AmA from it's default shortcut with no MODs apart from the required ones enabled and you should be good to go.

cheers

Can these problems appear because of CBA? That's the only thing I started it with besides fallujah and the helo pack.

I don't think you need CBA.

I use "ArmA ll Launcher" for every and all missions I play.

On the "Launch Options" page, you can tick the boxes to use Beta or not.....so very easy to use.

Which CBA are you using. For @CBA_C0 you need to launch game with beta patch. Or do you use @cba_a2;@cba_oa;@cba.

I am using CBA_CO but I'm just wondering if CBA causes these bugs. Now tried it without beta and CBA but the bugs are still there, especially this one, which prevents the convoy from arriving. Also mission 7 does not end. It's no big deal actually, I can still play everything, it's just weird.

But I don't want to share just my bitchin'^^ I really like this campaign! All the real names and (if I remember right) the movie quotes made an awesome athmosphere. The mission who features Shughart and Gordon was very athmospheric and dramatic, really, really good work!

Yes, I already have some of these missions on my "to play list" and some time ago I played Six Days in Fallujah, which I really enjoyed a lot. I never gave any feedback and just consumed. I will change that now because it sucks to just take and never give, considering this high quality output you and many other mission makers, editors, scripters and so on create, the VERY least I can do is say thanks. So you have one more fan here! Thank you.

Edited by CYHFC

Sorry guys, but this Campaign is going to be put on hold for a spell.

Still have some updating to do with units and story line.

Will get it back up shortly, much better and brighter!:D

@CYHFC

Hey guy, I'll PM you when it's ready.

OK, campaign is back up.

Please give it a play through and leave any remarks here!

Enjoy!!

OK, campaign is back up.

Please give it a play through and leave any remarks here!

Enjoy!!

Was it intentional to leave campaign unpacked?

edit: "Welcome to Mog" is not progressing for me. Stuck on the corner of the map where they're apparently 2 mins from the airfield. Nothing happens...

Edited by Modder

Seriously, I can PBO single missions, but Campaigns are a whole different story.

Should not matter to the quality of play.

Anyways, could you give more information of your problem? Did the plane land yet? Stuck on the runway or before landing?

EDIT****************

OK, problem solved.

My Intro, for some reason, was interferring with Mission One.

I had a LOOP in the script and some how...........well............I don't know how??:confused:

Anyways, download the newest update..........works fine now......

Thanks for your report.....let me know of any other problems..............good or bad.......:o

Edited by Kommiekat

Cool! Someone made a mission with my guys. I'm looking forward to playing it. Hopefully soon I can get the ArmA2 community the Army Rangers and HMMWVs they've been craving for years.

Hey there, KommieKat. Sorry, but I just saw your first PM :/ Will answer soon. And thanks for informing me.

When I played the first RWO version, I thought "This would be so perfect with 90s units". Now I check the updatet post and find Delta Hawks units linked! They are awesome Delta Hawk, I love them!

But I can't play the missions. The first one works fine. 2,3,4,5,6 are not starting, because downloaded content "usarmy_sf" is missing, but I don't know what that is!? The last mission doesn't start because "no player selected". What can I do?

Had the same here.

And to pack the campaign, use pboview, it's the one I used

Jeezus I hate problems like this.............let me go back under the hood and figure this out. Hopefully have it up and running shortly.

Just to be sure, you've got to double check the required addons.

"usarmy_sf" looks to be Icewindo's units I mentioned as a requirement.

EDIT*********************

My bad. I had the wrong required addon, so if you downloaded the campaign, keep it. It's fine.

You need this:

US Army Special Forces-by Clawhammer

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15852&highlight=ASO_ARMY_SF_F1.6

To clarify, NOT Icewindo's units. You need Clawhammers units.

Sorry for the problems. I got to get word to Mr. Big about this.

Now I understand why Wiki has retired from Editing.......it makes you go....BANANAs!!:yay:

Edited by Kommiekat

You buddy are in a rush . . . :) BTW welcome to the banana club of burned out mission makers which are going crazy. :cool:

Slow down mate . . . Rome wasn't build in a day. LOL:bounce3: